Star Wars Oscar Poll: Best Theme

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
It's Oscar Time! Since ROTS got snubbed this year, we've got to do our own awards. This poll: Best Star Wars Theme

kalsemo
Hands down, it's gotta be Vader's Theme

AstroFan
Force theme, no doubt.

Creep
I like the theme song they play at the beginning and end of every Star Wars movie.

aj_vader
nothing can stop Darth Vader's Imperial March!!!

willman
i like the song that plays when luke skywalker watches the two moonsat the beggining of ANH the best.

Cascador
Originally posted by willman
i like the song that plays when luke skywalker watches the two moonsat the beggining of ANH the best.

yeah, that was the force themewink

chinabing
I am partial to the Love Theme from AOTC, (got to be one of the strangest titles for a love theme, ever!) It's wonderful music.

Cascador
Originally posted by chinabing
I am partial to the Love Theme from AOTC, (got to be one of the strangest titles for a love theme, ever!) It's wonderful music.
That's across the starswink

chinabing
Originally posted by Cascador
That's across the starswink
On the AOTC cd its official name is "Love Theme from Attack of the Clones."

Cascador
Originally posted by chinabing
On the AOTC cd its official name is "Love Theme from Attack of the Clones."

strange on my cd it's called "02 - across the stars (Love theme of Attack of the Clones)"

grey fox
It's between Imperial March or Battle Of Heroes.....

JKozzy
Originally posted by Cascador
strange on my cd it's called "02 - across the stars (Love theme of Attack of the Clones)" You're correct. They may have a different rendition, sometimes different people perform songs and the titles are changed, or it could be a compilation. To my knowledge, all official CDs say what yours says.

My fav is the Force Theme. It's everywhere. It's in Ani vs Obi too, where I especially like it.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by AstroFan
Force theme, no doubt. Originally posted by JKozzy
You're correct. They may have a different rendition, sometimes different people perform songs and the titles are changed, or it could be a compilation. To my knowledge, all official CDs say what yours says.

My fav is the Force Theme. It's everywhere. It's in Ani vs Obi too, where I especially like it.

thumb up yes

Close second is Vader's/Imperial March, followed by Battle of the Heroes. (strangely not included)......

DeVi| D0do
This is a tough one... I love all the music in the Star Wars saga. But if I had to chose, The Imperial March would be my favourite.

Sith Master X
Force Theme, by far for me.

JKozzy
Amen, man.

Morridini
Imperial March no doubt.

willman
force theme, in the OT when vader burns, that bits sad.

Eleonora
Ok I'm going to be original and vote for Leia's theme wink Seriously, I love it.

chinabing
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Close second is Vader's/Imperial March, followed by Battle of the Heroes. (strangely not included)......

To create this poll, I grabbed all my official Star Wars CDs and looked at the titles of the songs as they appeared on the cd case inserts, and used only songs that have the word "Theme" in their title. So "Battle of the Heroes" may be a great song, it's not a theme, so it didn't make the cut. The only one I fudged with is the Force theme which in some notes is Ben's theme or the whole Star Wars fanfare which is sometimes referred to as Luke's theme.

The Ewoks have a theme, the Jawa's have a theme, the battle droid army & clone army have themes, but I kinda wanted to stick to distinct songs.

roughrider
So many themes, it's HARD to pick one. But I'll go with Vader's theme aka The Imperial March.

QuincE
You didn't include the battle of the heroes! Or "Anakin vs Obi-Wan!"

Scarecrow756
Darth Vader`s Theme.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by QuincE
You didn't include the battle of the heroes! Or "Anakin vs Obi-Wan!"

Thats because the average Joe Schmo on the street would have no clue what that song is, HOWEVER, The Imperial March aka Vaders theme is gold!

roughrider
The Imperial March is used constantly at various sporting events; it fits a kind of mood. Don't the New York Yankees have it as their personal theme? big grin

sPeAkMyLiNgO22
IMPERIAL MARCH IS DA BOMB. laughing cool stick out tongue

chinabing
The Twins used to play Vader's Theme at the Metrodome when the opposing manager came out to the mound to send in the relief pitcher. Then they also used to play the Star Wars fanfare when a Twin would hit a home run!

Great stuff to hear the SW opening blast, especially if you're a Twins fan AND a Star Wars fan!

They don't do that anymore though... whoever was spinning the platters must have moved on.

Stun
Anakin's theme from 'The Phantom Menace' kicks ass!

Mišt
Vader.

Wtf is Yoda's theme btw?

chinabing
Yoda's theme is on TESB soundtrack. It's the theme where Yoda explains the force to Luke. "You must feel the force around you..." A modified version is also played when he levitates the x-wing out of the swamp. It's a great track.

Alliance
Vaders theme is good, but nothing is more powerful than those big force theme crescendos.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Alliance
Vaders theme is good, but nothing is more powerful than those big force theme crescendos.

thumb up yes

eXSBass
I'm not going to vote because clearly The Emperor without his theme would be nowhere!
The Emperor's theme, ROTJ style smile

Lyn
Love Theme for me. Definitley. The music is amazing but that piece. Wow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.