Heat Vision VERSUS Optic blast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Which one gives in first.....

GODSCRIBE

TheKahn
Originally posted by grey fox
Which one gives in first.....

This was my second thread after joining wink
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364813

Pepito
Cyclops, Superman's blasts are small in radius and are less powerful. Cyclops will actually be blasting the rest of Superman with beams taht were enough concussive force to destroy an iceberg before he evn grew up.

Acrosurge

GODSCRIBE
I don't think thats recent actually. It was from an old handbook.

Cyber Ninja
Its been done even before the guy with his second thread...Supes >>>sun.

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
This was my second thread after joining wink
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=364813

Dammit , i had a feeling someone had posted it before.......

spetznaz
Originally posted by Pepito
Cyclops, Superman's blasts are small in radius and are less powerful. Cyclops will actually be blasting the rest of Superman with beams taht were enough concussive force to destroy an iceberg before he evn grew up.

Come on Pepito!

Being pro-Marvel is one thing, but being silly is another.

Superman's blasts can be extremely thin, or wide enough to engulf a planet.
Here is a scan of Superman heating up a planet with his heat vision .....let's see Cyclops do that!
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7923/supermansheatvison2np.jpg

As for Superman's blasts being less powerful than Cyclops' .....please! Goodness, this is Cyclops we are talking about.
The following scan shows just how powerful Superman's heat vision is (basically so powerful that they cannot measure its true extent and limits through any means).
Yet you say someone who shoots concussive force has more intense blasts than Superman?

Here is that scan:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/863/supermansheatvision30nk.jpg

I honestly do not understand Marvel fanboys .....even when there is no viable comparison between the two characters, one will always find a Marvel FB (or two) who will,beyond all reason, make claims that are simply asinine.
What next .....someone saying that Colossus is 'far' stronger than Superman, or someone saying that Wolverine can defeat Superman?

Wait a minute .....both of those have actually been proposed by Marvel fanboys (and the Colossus statement actually made in the last 2 weeks)!

Marvel needs to innoculate its FBs with a strong dose of logic.

It is a shame to even compare Cyclops with Superman .....a better comparison would be to compare Superman with Majestros (Mr Majestic), or with Supreme, or a character of such caliber.
Not with some mutant with a visor covering his eyes.

grey fox
Originally posted by spetznaz
Come on Pepito!

Here is a scan of Superman heating up a planet with his heat vision .....let's see Cyclops do that!

As for Superman's blasts being less powerful than Cyclops' .....please! Goodness, this is Cyclops we are talking about.
The following scan shows just how powerful Superman's heat vision is (basically so powerful that they cannot measure its true extent and limits through any means).
Yet you say someone who shoots concussive force has more intense blasts than Superman?

Here is that scan:

I honestly do not understand Marvel fanboys .....even when there is no viable comparison between the two characters, one will always find a Marvel FB (or two) who will,beyond all reason, make claims that are simply asinine.
What next .....someone saying that Colossus is 'far' stronger than Superman, or someone saying that Wolverine can defeat Superman?

Wait a minute .....both of those have actually been proposed by Marvel fanboys (and the Colossus statement actually made in the last 2 weeks)!

It is a shame to even compare Cyclops with Superman .....a better comparison would be to compare Superman with Majestros (Mr Majestic), or with Supreme, or a character of such caliber.

Hey, i am not some damn fanboy . In-fact I'm quite equal , i just created this thread to see other peoples views....

spetznaz
Hey, i am not some damn fanboy . In-fact I'm quite equal , i just created this thread to see other peoples views....

Wasn't talking about you G.Fox.
That post was directed at Pepito saying that Superman's heat vision was thinner and less-powerful than Cyclops'.
Just showing he was wrong on both counts.

grey fox
Wasn't talking about you G.Fox.
That post was directed at Pepito saying that Superman's heat vision was thinner and less-powerful than Cyclops'.
Just showing he was wrong on both counts.

Oh embarrasment ....thanks big grin

But just to point out some more marvel inconsistencies , People claiming venom owned Juggernaut (the guy's un-woundable , how the **** does venom win ?) , Wolverine versus Apocalypse .......... (fuggin apoc fanboys.....)

leonidas
the feats of supes's heat vision are ridiculous. he has covered the distance of earth to moon, heated up an entire planet and wiped out armies with a blast.

honestly, there is absolutely zero comparison between the two.

illadelph12
Is the question if they fired at each other and the beams conflicted which would be pushed back, or which of the two (Cyke, Supes) would give in first? If it's the latter, Supes obviously wins in the stamina department.

If not, has the actual amount of force behind the heat vision been quantified? Not the temperature, but the amount of force it exerts. Saying it's more powerful than a sun doesn't distinguish the amount of force it exerts.

Avalonofthewind
Supes has kept Mongul in mid air with it, and knocked Cyborg Supes through buildings with it.

I'm sure he has a ton more examples, but they escape me currently.

spideycarnage
Come on Pepito!

Here is that scan:

it looks like that because the sun or star is right behind him, it looks pretty close to him than how it supposed to be..im not sayin that supes heat vision is weaker but that may be the reason why it looks like its engulfin the planet. the sun loks like its ampin his heat vision considering the fact that superman is glowing gold.

leonidas
Originally posted by illadelph12
Is the question if they fired at each other and the beams conflicted which would be pushed back, or which of the two (Cyke, Supes) would give in first? If it's the latter, Supes obviously wins in the stamina department.

If not, has the actual amount of force behind the heat vision been quantified? Not the temperature, but the amount of force it exerts. Saying it's more powerful than a sun doesn't distinguish the amount of force it exerts.

i was considering it's ability to cause destruction as the basis for comparison. if they collided? well, heat vision deflected the omega effect. i don't really think anyone would compare the optic blast to the o-effect . . . confused

spetznaz
Originally posted by leonidas
i was considering it's ability to cause destruction as the basis for comparison. if they collided? well, heat vision deflected the omega effect. i don't really think anyone would compare the optic blast to the o-effect . . . confused

But ...but ....Cyclops is a Marvel character, thus his optic blast must be more powerful than anything in the DCU. (sarcasm).

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised of one of the premier Marvel FBs here said that Cyclops' optic blast was even more powerful than Darkseid's Omega Effect. I honestly do not know what they put in the water over at Marvel FB-ville. To them anything Marvel should win, even when the Marvel character is pathetic when compared to the DC character.
For example Pepito saying that Cyclops' blasts were wider and more powerful than Superman's just shows how blind FBs are to DC being able to win something (similar to the Wolverine vs Wonderwoman, Quicksilver vs the Flash, and Thing vs Superman threads ......in their eyes anything with 'Marvel' on is a blue-chip).

PS: I actually think this is why Marvel always has Squirrel Girl beating people like Thanos and Terrax up! Even though Squirrel Girl has the most ridiculous powers ever, she stillmanages to beat people that would give virtually any other character tremendous difficulty. I think this is because Marvel (the company) knows that some of their staunchest fans tend to be illogical, and hence they decide to occassionaly throw out some titbits to them.
Hence Squirrel Girl does the beat down on Thanos.
Just shows that Marvel Fanboyism is an institutional problem.

spetznaz
Here is a another scan saying Superman's visions is hotter than the fires of hell.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/burngod.jpg

illadelph12

Hmm...

That's a bit circumstantial though.

There's no way of knowing whether it was the force of his heat vision or the composition (well, frequency, aren't the heat vision blasts infrared and microwaves?) of his heat vision which momentarily deflected the Omega Effect. I'm leaning more towards composition given the fact that Diana was able to block them with her magically endowed bracelets and she didn't have to exert an astronomical amount of force in order to do so.

Cyke's blasts are a specific kind of energy, and they definitely aren't the same energy signature as Supes heat vision, so anyone foolish enough to think he'd (Cyke) be able to deflect the Omega Effect with his optic blasts has no logical ground to stand on.

pr1983
I've seen comics where they said his heat vision was his most potent weapon... if thats true he far outweighs cyke...

even if its not true, supes is leagues ahead of cyke...

AND THE OPTIC BLAST IS NOT SOLAR F*CKING ENERGY!!!

leonidas
Hmm...

That's a bit circumstantial though.

There's no way of knowing whether it was the force of his heat vision or the composition (well, frequency, aren't the heat vision blasts infrared and microwaves?) of his heat vision which momentarily deflected the Omega Effect. I'm leaning more towards composition given the fact that Diana was able to block them with her magically endowed bracelets and she didn't have to exert an astronomical amount of force in order to do so.

Cyke's blasts are a specific kind of energy, and they definitely aren't the same energy signature as Supes heat vision, so anyone foolish enough to think he'd (Cyke) be able to deflect the Omega Effect with his optic blasts has no logical ground to stand on.

circumstantial? confused

not sure what i said that could be construed as circumstantial. i suppose it's true that the energy might be the reason, rather than the overall 'power' (is that what you thought i meant?) for his being able to deflect the o-beams, but as far as the exact composition -- i'm not sure the exact nature has been discussed. supes vision certainly does as a component of concussive force though.

in any event, i don't think there is much question about which is more powerful overall. supes has used his heat vision on a planetary scale. what is cyke's best showing with a blast? anyone?

pr1983
circumstantial? confused

not sure what i said that could be construed as circumstantial. i suppose it's true that the energy might be the reason, rather than the overall 'power' (is that what you thought i meant?) for his being able to deflect the o-beams, but as far as the exact composition -- i'm not sure the exact nature has been discussed. supes vision certainly does as a component of concussive force though.

in any event, i don't think there is much question about which is more powerful overall. supes has used his heat vision on a planetary scale. what is cyke's best showing with a blast? anyone?

Levelling half a forest; breaking onslaughts armour...

grey fox
circumstantial? confused

Well.....their is mentioning of him being able to blow up a small planet . Plus that pic of logan shitting himself after cyke blows away a whole forest + 3/4 sentinels all at once.

TheKahn
Wolverine versus Apocalypse .......... (fuggin apoc fanboys.....)

Which is way I made that thread evil face wink

UniOmni
Actually, Supermans hv is both intensely hot and concussive. I believe he onced pushed a planet the size of jupitor with it. Plus, when it comes to feats, nobody beats Superman. He is far from my favorite char nowadays, but his exposure is second to none, except maybe Batman. And Batmans feats will always involve his cerebral side, rather than brute force. Kal El not so much. Plus look at the envoirnment Cykes in. A TEAM book. If he was able to oneshot large planets, then he reduces the need for a team. The day Cyke gets popular enough to carry his own book, will be the day he gets a serious upgrade in power, and not before. Superman has four books, JLA and numerous graphic novels. Cyke can't compete. Plus, he constantly gets feats because he's Super. Icon, flagship etc. He has to consistently be ahead of the earthpack, though i don't agree. He SHOULD be an example to those of this day and age, but not those that precede him in comic book ages. MM, Captain Marvel and Black Adam, and Wonder Woman. All older than him.
But to the topic, Supermans hv has done things that it doesn't even fit the requirement for, such as repairing holes in reality......WTF?? Pushing planets.....WTF?? etc. Cyke can't win this one.

illadelph12
Aren't both the heat vision and the optic blast field of vision attacks that can be focussed into tight beams? That was always my understanding. As for Supes engulfing a planet, he did it sun dipped from outerspace and engulfed the planet which encompassed his field of vision. Given that Cyclops can't fly through space independently and blast his field of vision from orbit, it's highly unlikely he'll have a comparable feat.

Overall, heat vision hands down of course, but I'm still confused as to what the threadstarter is asking.

Is he referring to which has more powerful capabilites or if they were fired at eachother and converged which would exert more force and overwhelm the other?

Diunic
Supes heat vision works at cosmic level as stated when he warmed up the entire earth. Plus the heat generated by his HV can also works like a concussive force depending on the durability of the target and of the conditions by quickly expanding the air.

grey fox
Aren't both the heat vision and the optic blast field of vision attacks that can be focussed into tight beams? That was always my understanding. As for Supes engulfing a planet, he did it sun dipped from outerspace and engulfed the planet which encompassed his field of vision. Given that Cyclops can't fly through space independently and blast his field of vision from orbit, it's highly unlikely he'll have a comparable feat.

Overall, heat vision hands down of course, but I'm still confused as to what the threadstarter is asking.

Is he referring to which has more powerful capabilites or if they were fired at eachother and converged which would exert more force and overwhelm the other?

The second .

snoopdogg
Supes can adjust luminosity and intesity of his heat vision as shown here.

spetznaz
Originally posted by UniOmni
Actually, Supermans hv is both intensely hot and concussive. I believe he onced pushed a planet the size of jupitor with it. Plus, when it comes to feats, nobody beats Superman. He is far from my favorite char nowadays, but his exposure is second to none, except maybe Batman. And Batmans feats will always involve his cerebral side, rather than brute force. Kal El not so much. Plus look at the envoirnment Cykes in. A TEAM book. If he was able to oneshot large planets, then he reduces the need for a team. The day Cyke gets popular enough to carry his own book, will be the day he gets a serious upgrade in power, and not before. Superman has four books, JLA and numerous graphic novels. Cyke can't compete. Plus, he constantly gets feats because he's Super. Icon, flagship etc. He has to consistently be ahead of the earthpack, though i don't agree. He SHOULD be an example to those of this day and age, but not those that precede him in comic book ages. MM, Captain Marvel and Black Adam, and Wonder Woman. All older than him.
But to the topic, Supermans hv has done things that it doesn't even fit the requirement for, such as repairing holes in reality......WTF?? Pushing planets.....WTF?? etc. Cyke can't win this one.

Perfect post!
Absolutely perfect.

UniOmni
Spetnaz, please don't applaud my post. I don't care for some of the wtf feats he has. They just go into reinforcing my belief that he's a walking talking plot device. How HEAT can repair a hole in reality is pure T nonsense. How hv can push a planet without reducing it in size is also pure T crap. How he can adjust its concussive force without adjusting its heat is silly. How he can get output temperatures that exceed the sun, from which he gains his power is silly as well. Its kinda like imo, Surfer having a higher output than Galactus. He is a walking, talking plot device, as is any GL, but they have the excuse of having a plot device on their finger. Soul Vision, T-VO?? Nonsense.

spetznaz
Spetnaz, please don't applaud my post. I don't care for some of the wtf feats he has. They just go into reinforcing my belief that he's a walking talking plot device. How HEAT can repair a hole in reality is pure T nonsense. How hv can push a planet without reducing it in size is also pure T crap. How he can adjust its concussive force without adjusting its heat is silly. How he can get output temperatures that exceed the sun, from which he gains his power is silly as well. Its kinda like imo, Surfer having a higher output than Galactus. He is a walking, talking plot device, as is any GL, but they have the excuse of having a plot device on their finger. Soul Vision, T-VO?? Nonsense.

I actually agree. With this post too (especially liked the Surfer>Galactus analogy of inconsistency).
Another good post.

Sir Whirlysplat
An even earlier versinon than Kahns!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=343750&highlight=heat+vision

DarkCrawler
. He SHOULD be an example to those of this day and age, but not those that precede him in comic book ages. MM, Captain Marvel and Black Adam, and Wonder Woman. All older than him.

Do you mean that in comic book ages, or the year they have appeared?

Because Superman has been on comics before any of those guys...but he is older then Captain Marvel.

UniOmni
I ken that he is the first, yet in comic time, he is younger than many heroes. He is older than Billy Bastion, yet much younger than Captain Marvel. As well as Black Adam and Wonder Woman. Martian Manhunter is centuries old iirc. I don't quite buy all heroes looking up to him. Its the glass ceiling effect. I may accept him being the first superhero, but i don't buy into the whole first = best syndrome. Specially his depth as a character was only really explored in the last 30 years.

TheKahn
Specially his depth as a character was only really explored in the last 30 years.

I must disagree with you on that one. People have been exploring the depths of his Super-dickery for decades big grin

inamilist
ok
just clarification on the powers...

wouldnt the heat energy from supes blast make cycs concussive beam stronger and faster if the 2 hit?

I guess if there is a "force" behind superman's heat, it would probably cancel the effect, but any sort of heat energy applied to scott's blast should just increase the charge/energy output/force.

superman's is obviously more powerful, but... stupid science...

Avalonofthewind

Illadelph, there is an error here. Supes was NOT sundipped when he fired that blast....that's a forum myth.

I have the issue and Supes never flies into the sun. It however IS behind his when he HV's earth.

Galvaclaw
Post crisis Wonder woman didn't become a super hero until a few years after Superman did. She arrived in the world of man during the legends crossover. So whether she's older is besides the point. Whether or not captian marvel appears to be older than Superman, Billy Batson the mind beheind Marvel is only a teenager so Superman has been a hero longer than him.

Superman is the first superhero of the current age of heroes in DC and likely inspired other metas to become superheroes by his example. Other heroes look up to him not only because he was the first but because he's Superman. Whenever there is trouble they know Superman will rise to the challenge and save the day. He is pure and noble and values human life above all else. That is why everyone looks up to him.

Juntai
Spetnaz, please don't applaud my post. I don't care for some of the wtf feats he has. They just go into reinforcing my belief that he's a walking talking plot device. How HEAT can repair a hole in reality is pure T nonsense. How hv can push a planet without reducing it in size is also pure T crap. How he can adjust its concussive force without adjusting its heat is silly. How he can get output temperatures that exceed the sun, from which he gains his power is silly as well. Its kinda like imo, Surfer having a higher output than Galactus. He is a walking, talking plot device, as is any GL, but they have the excuse of having a plot device on their finger. Soul Vision, T-VO?? Nonsense. YOu weren't supplied all of the facts. His heat vision supplied an engine enough power to move a planet across space. Not just blasting at it and pushing it. Assuming we're talking of the same feat anyways.

And the heat vision is not just able to get hotter than a star, it's INCACULABLE. They've never found an upper limit to it. People say 'hotter than a star', on the forum, because it's about the hottest thing people can imagine. The difference is, humans can guage the temperature of stars. They can't guage heat vision.

grey fox
Juntai , I've been meaning to ask you a question. Is the mini-rant in your sig written by cosmic cube or directed at cosmic cube.

Fanboy
Superman.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Juntai
YOu weren't supplied all of the facts. His heat vision supplied an engine enough power to move a planet across space. Not just blasting at it and pushing it. Assuming we're talking of the same feat anyways.

And the heat vision is not just able to get hotter than a star, it's INCACULABLE. They've never found an upper limit to it. People say 'hotter than a star', on the forum, because it's about the hottest thing people can imagine. The difference is, humans can guage the temperature of stars. They can't guage heat vision.

Jun, you may be right about the pushing planet feat, but the whole hotter than a star is kinda weird imo. Once he became able to output more heat than a star, he should've become self sufficient. He outgrew his powersource. The fact that it still somehow nourishes him is lame.

Juntai
Juntai , I've been meaning to ask you a question. Is the mini-rant in your sig written by cosmic cube or directed at cosmic cube. It's a quote.

Juntai
Jun, you may be right about the pushing planet feat, but the whole hotter than a star is kinda weird imo. Once he became able to output more heat than a star, he should've become self sufficient. He outgrew his powersource. The fact that it still somehow nourishes him is lame. It's all in how his body processes it, in which I'm still not sure... We do know that Superman has been left near powerless before, and the moment he stepped into the light, it was as if he was back to normal. We also know just a funnel for energy with an adjustable nozzle that switches as he stresses, and that he also stores energy.

Other characters, such as Mongul during Our WOrlds at War, suggested Superman draws from an infinite source, and others have hinted or suggested that's it not only stars that he gathers energy from.

leonidas
Jun, you may be right about the pushing planet feat, but the whole hotter than a star is kinda weird imo. Once he became able to output more heat than a star, he should've become self sufficient. He outgrew his powersource. The fact that it still somehow nourishes him is lame.

weird as it is, you can't apply real-world logic to comics though. sad

inamilist
weird as it is, you can't apply real-world logic to comics though. sad

smile

UniOmni
Jun, you know OWAW was a Superman lovefest of the highest order. Anything from that arc needs be forgotten i'd say.

Wasn't it penned by Loeb?? Rest My case

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Illadelph, there is an error here. Supes was NOT sundipped when he fired that blast....that's a forum myth.

I have the issue and Supes never flies into the sun. It however IS behind his when he HV's earth.

So he's getting a boost from it then. Not as much as the sun-dipping though.

Here's my question. Is Superman's heat vision re-directed Solar energy, or a completely different one. If it's redirected Solar Energy, it goes with the same principle as why Superman can fly through a yellow star unharmed, and come back more powerful. Cyclops and Superman naturally absorb solar energy and it powers their abilities. If Superman's heat vision is redirected Solar energy, then Cyke is just gonna absorb it. Also, since Cyke's is pure concussive, and Superman's is a mix, his heat vision may just feed Cyke's beam.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Marcus4600
So he's getting a boost from it then. Not as much as the sun-dipping though.

Here's my question. Is Superman's heat vision re-directed Solar energy, or a completely different one. If it's redirected Solar Energy, it goes with the same principle as why Superman can fly through a yellow star unharmed, and come back more powerful. Cyclops and Superman naturally absorb solar energy and it powers their abilities. If Superman's heat vision is redirected Solar energy, then Cyke is just gonna absorb it. Also, since Cyke's is pure concussive, and Superman's is a mix, his heat vision may just feed Cyke's beam.

All of Supermans powers involve the conversion of Solar energy to meta ATP in the cells. The meta ATP is the source of supes energy. Supes has extra organs in his body and organelles a bit like a cross between a chloroplast and a mitochondria. What the exact nature of the action of energy conversion as far as interim stages is, no one knows, although much has been theorised.

Heat vision is Heat vision, not solar energy!

ZephroCarnelian
Cyclops will not be absorbing any heat vision.

Fire a super-powerful industrial laser at a solar panel and see what happens...

Will the solar panel absorb the laser.... or will the laser cut through it like a knife through butter....?

Superman's heat vision all the way.

R.O.T. Yahman
In Sacrifice, i think Darksied describes Supes heat vision as 'you're most power weapon'.

It definitely has some concussive force as well. When Black Adam and Supes recently clashed, it was able to 'deck' Adam.

Marcus4600
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
All of Supermans powers involve the conversion of Solar energy to meta ATP in the cells. The meta ATP is the source of supes energy. Supes has extra organs in his body and organelles a bit like a cross between a chloroplast and a mitochondria. What the exact nature of the action of energy conversion as far as interim stages is, no one knows, although much has been theorised.

I didn't know what it classified as.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

I've heard this as well. I've heard the photosynthetic process may kick start some form of matter to energy conversion. I.e. his food gets converted to pure energy. Imagine that, everytime he eats hes consuming more than a megatons worth of energy. I have another theory, but ill have to do some more research b4 i share it

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
In Sacrifice, i think Darksied describes Supes heat vision as 'you're most power weapon'.

It definitely has some concussive force as well. When Black Adam and Supes recently clashed, it was able to 'deck' Adam.

You're nearly correct here lol. wink

Superman is hallucinating that he is fighting Darkseid.

They're in a boxing match and Superman didn't realise that he has KNite boxing gloves. Darkseid starts to kick Supes' ass and when Superman uses his heat vision, Darkseid says:

You use your most powerful weapon, so early in the fight. I am unimpressed, Kryptonian.

Or something along those lines.

Either way, it goes to show that Superman himself (as it was happening in his mind) seems to think that Heat Vision is his most powerful weapon.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
You're nearly correct here lol. wink

Superman is hallucinating that he is fighting Darkseid.

They're in a boxing match and Superman didn't realise that he has KNite boxing gloves. Darkseid starts to kick Supes' ass and when Superman uses his heat vision, Darkseid says:

You use your most powerful weapon, so early in the fight. I am unimpressed, Kryptonian.

Or something along those lines.

Either way, it goes to show that Superman himself (as it was happening in his mind) seems to think that Heat Vision is his most powerful weapon.

Shhhhhhhh ! stick out tongue Don't spoil my moment !!!!!!!!

UniOmni
I am bumping this thread to only address the scan posted by Spetz on the first page. There is one of my main gripes with the S man. His hv is hotter than the flames of hell?? Major beef is on my plate.
I hope to start my own comicbook company one day in the future, and unlike DC/MArvel and others, spiritual realms would not job.
Heaven and hell and the beings residing in both places would clearly be at the pinnacle top of the food chain.
Angels/Demons would be so large, they could only be described as galactic in size. And these would be your normal generic angels/demons. The dominions and powers would be large enough to play marbles with fullsize universes.
No more storming into hell to retrieve your loved ones souls, and no more lackluster hellfire. It wouldn't be a physical attack, but a spiritual one that eats your soul, and purity be damned, you will lose your right to eternity!! No more punching devils and angels. No more jobbing dammit!! Angels and Demons will be beings of shown incalculable power, rather than narrative hyperbole, only to end up jobbing to the hero. None of that garbage. You will meet a demon, and escape and never ever return for a second meeting. They're that scary powerful. No more "powerful enough to erase me with a thought" but never smart enough to do it. You will be blinked away.
No more immortals. Just really long lives. The immortality of the soul is the closest you'll get to it. Unless, you are a heavenly or hellish being, ie angel/demon.
And hell would be below the multiverse and heaven above it. No walking to it, or using some kinda dimensional dohicky. You only get there if someone summons you, or one of its citizens guide you. Absolute is this rule. No relentless searching and finding it.
No punching through dimensions, or moving planets with hands. TK will rule.
TP immunity will not exist. If a character appears to be immune, they will have meticulously built defenses to make it appear so. Willpower won't be the answer for everything. Things like Doom resisting Purpleman won't happen.
Characters will fly near or at lightspeed, but when they exceed it, they will lose all mass and if trying to catch someone falling, go right through them, and watch them die.
Blackholes will not job!! No escaping them, and when caught in them, you will be reduced to atoms.
Those surviving the crush must have durability gifted from the hands of creation, ie GOD. Sonic booms will occur regularly and with nasty results.
Stupid costumes(looking at females) will not suffice. No leotards and fishnets. I can't for the life of me, see how anybody takes Zatanna, WonderWoman and Black Canary and Huntress seriously. Truly i don't. They look like hookers of the lowest order.
Art will be seen in the creation of costumes. Spandex and tights will be burned at the door.
Underwear on the outside will not happen. And leather for coolness factor will burn as well(Xmen). A guy wearing leather pants is NEVER a good look. Not tight, loose or baggy. Unless its a bomber jacket.

And most of all, there will be a clear cut line in the classes. Heavyweights will not, job to streetlevels, ie Hulk vs wolverine. And bricks will have some superspeed. How they can have muscles that strong, yet not run fast is beyond me. And no main character, ie Superman syndrome. The universe/multiverse will have existed before most heroes, and will continue to exist unabated when they die. For that is a universe imo.

Sorry for the rant, but thats how mine will go if it ever comes to pass.

The_Olympian
I'm sorry... but superman would win this...

Thunderstrike
I am bumping this thread to only address the scan posted by Spetz on the first page. There is one of my main gripes with the S man. His hv is hotter than the flames of hell?? Major beef is on my plate.
I hope to start my own comicbook company one day in the future, and unlike DC/MArvel and others, spiritual realms would not job.
Heaven and hell and the beings residing in both places would clearly be at the pinnacle top of the food chain.
Angels/Demons would be so large, they could only be described as galactic in size. And these would be your normal generic angels/demons. The dominions and powers would be large enough to play marbles with fullsize universes.
No more storming into hell to retrieve your loved ones souls, and no more lackluster hellfire. It wouldn't be a physical attack, but a spiritual one that eats your soul, and purity be damned, you will lose your right to eternity!! No more punching devils and angels. No more jobbing dammit!! Angels and Demons will be beings of shown incalculable power, rather than narrative hyperbole, only to end up jobbing to the hero. None of that garbage. You will meet a demon, and escape and never ever return for a second meeting. They're that scary powerful. No more "powerful enough to erase me with a thought" but never smart enough to do it. You will be blinked away.
No more immortals. Just really long lives. The immortality of the soul is the closest you'll get to it. Unless, you are a heavenly or hellish being, ie angel/demon.
And hell would be below the multiverse and heaven above it. No walking to it, or using some kinda dimensional dohicky. You only get there if someone summons you, or one of its citizens guide you. Absolute is this rule. No relentless searching and finding it.
No punching through dimensions, or moving planets with hands. TK will rule.
TP immunity will not exist. If a character appears to be immune, they will have meticulously built defenses to make it appear so. Willpower won't be the answer for everything. Things like Doom resisting Purpleman won't happen.
Characters will fly near or at lightspeed, but when they exceed it, they will lose all mass and if trying to catch someone falling, go right through them, and watch them die.
Blackholes will not job!! No escaping them, and when caught in them, you will be reduced to atoms.
Those surviving the crush must have durability gifted from the hands of creation, ie GOD. Sonic booms will occur regularly and with nasty results.
Stupid costumes(looking at females) will not suffice. No leotards and fishnets. I can't for the life of me, see how anybody takes Zatanna, WonderWoman and Black Canary and Huntress seriously. Truly i don't. They look like hookers of the lowest order.
Art will be seen in the creation of costumes. Spandex and tights will be burned at the door.
Underwear on the outside will not happen. And leather for coolness factor will burn as well(Xmen). A guy wearing leather pants is NEVER a good look. Not tight, loose or baggy. Unless its a bomber jacket.

And most of all, there will be a clear cut line in the classes. Heavyweights will not, job to streetlevels, ie Hulk vs wolverine. And bricks will have some superspeed. How they can have muscles that strong, yet not run fast is beyond me. And no main character, ie Superman syndrome. The universe/multiverse will have existed before most heroes, and will continue to exist unabated when they die. For that is a universe imo.

Sorry for the rant, but thats how mine will go if it ever comes to pass.

If you need a writer, give me a call! I can concur with you dude. Comics with more realistic physics and such would be great.

grey fox
Indeed , call Strike for the writing and me for the dialogue....

UniOmni
Actually, realistic physics isn't my main goal. I just want comics that make for fun, interesting but not pis riddled reading. My heroes will kill, and if that somehow tarnishes them in readers eyes, so be it. Better they dirty their hands and save countless lives rather than keep sanctimonious heroes, who pardon diabolical mass murders endlessly. Joker dies in his 3rd story arc. And continuity is a priority one. If Bareback got koed by a falling brick last month, he damn sure ain't taking Purge's punches today. And character development is key. Many companies have writers develop characters, then are too scared of permanent change or lazy to continue from this point. Instead they either retcon it, or reveal that its an alternate take on the situation. 40 years, and no resolution to the joker situation, not even small steps towards that goal. Idiocy.
And a coherent, linked cosmic peak. No introduction of blights like the Infinites or Beyonders(PreRetcon). God is God and he is Supreme. No new challengers. No jobbing. Whatsoever. And if a writer gets the bright idea to kill a character, he'd better ask said characters creator for his/her okay first, as well as check with ALL other writers about the intended death, and the prerequisite resurrections down the line.
No hopping on a character they requested to write for without studying the characters history and interactions with other characters in the universe.

Thunderstrike
Nice ideas dude. I like.

Swanky-Tuna
I am bumping this thread to only address the scan posted by Spetz on the first page.
Biblical heaven and hell in comics goofy to begin with in my opinion. Maybe it's because I watched too much star trek but if I ever made a comic they'd all be a series of aliens, computers, or alien computers.

UniOmni
I can understand that Tuna, but spirituality is a huge part of my personal life. Its just that if i had my way, the two realms would hold the top beings of power. Not powerful compared to skyfathers or abstracts. They would dwarf those who live on the physical plane. All. No Superman Prime defeating Angels and Demons, or RKT storming heaven with Asgard at his back. None of that bs.

grey fox
I can understand that Tuna, but spirituality is a huge part of my personal life. Its just that if i had my way, the two realms would hold the top beings of power. Not powerful compared to skyfathers or abstracts. They would dwarf those who live on the physical plane. All. No Superman Prime defeating Angels and Demons, or RKT storming heaven with Asgard at his back. None of that bs.

That would be pretty kick-ass for your comic . The various Pantheons get pissed and try to attack . God then bitchslap's all of them for trying.

badabing
Something like this.

grey fox
Originally posted by badabing
Something like this.

Damn straight, Jesus PWNS

UniOmni
Even though he probably looked really similar to Osama Bin Laden in truth. But, gotta love Imperialism!

Mindship
Personally, as much as I like Superman, the idea that he can heat up a whole planet...IMO, it's a bit far-fetched, bordering on pre-crisis caliber. Either that, or the feat should've depleted him on the spot.

grey fox
Originally posted by Mindship
Personally, as much as I like Superman, the idea that he can heat up a whole planet...IMO, it's a bit far-fetched, bordering on pre-crisis caliber. Either that, or the feat should've depleted him on the spot.

Really ? I always thought it was more of a case of just widening the beam and letting the planet slowly boil .

Crease
Come on Pepito!

Here is that scan:

Each company has it's share of fanboys, but for different reasons. Someone else posted that DC fans are so used to their heroes being "Godlike" that they simply can't admit when their guy or girl is outclassed. especially with Supes. It got so bad with Batman's prep that I started sarcastically referring to him as a skyfather, which obviously didn't help things. evil face

Both sides use plot devices as excuses for their guy beating a more powerful guy. "Hulk has no limit to his strength, therefore eventually he would become stronger than Doomsday and win". No. DD would kill the Hulk waaaaaay before he could get that angry.

"DD evolves on the fly now, so eventually he'd be immune to Galactus's power and would win." No. Galactus would debate making DD his newest hearld, then give him a cosmic blat that would leave NOTHING to regenerate from. Period.

Sadly, there are those on the forum with blinders on with respect to their favorites, but it's not nearly so one sided.

Mindship
Really ? I always thought it was more of a case of just widening the beam and letting the planet slowly boil .

Excellent point. But the impression I'm getting from the scan is that it is happening rather quickly, over a few minutes, if not faster.

No big deal. I just always liked thinking of his heat vision solely as a precision weapon, not something potentially capable of mass destruction. For that, I always liked when he used his strength (eg, like if he lifted a mountain and dropped it on a city).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.