Damn, Dooku is older than I thought!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hello Friend
!!

From the TPM novel

Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order. The Jedi Master he had trained under had considered him one of the best the Master had taught in his more than four hundred years in the order.

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Hello Friend
!!

From the TPM novel

Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order. The Jedi Master he had trained under had considered him one of the best the Master had taught in his more than four hundred years in the order.

You do know they are referring to Yoda, right?

Hello Friend
No, this topic is 1,000,000,000% serious and is trying to prove a point.

ESB - 1138
You do know it was referring to Yoda

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Hello Friend
No, this topic is 1,000,000,000% serious and is trying to prove a point.

You don't quite get it, do you?

Darth Subjekt
YYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello Friend

Captain REX
In that case, you're just being pointless.

vpokdekjyafmidp
yeah but qui gon was taught by dooku

kamikz
Lol Dooku is not that old, they are referiring to Yoda. And if you find that ipossible then watch the OT, Obi-Wan says he was taught by Yoda although he was really trained by Qui-Gon, he kinda trains everyone.

Captain REX
And that's all because Qui-Gon and Dooku did not exist...

Yoda technically trains everyone.

Hello Friend
Originally posted by Captain REX
In that case, you're just being pointless.

Perhaps. Or perhaps the pointlessly is so pointless, a point appears...

Captain REX
...what?

Faunus
Actually, it's referring to Dooku's official master, Thame Cerulean. Yoda's been in the Order for almost 900 years, not four hundred, and was a mentor and confident of Dooku, not his true master.

vpokdekjyafmidp
love that thame cerulean

Lörd Sorgo
Thame has been in order for fifty years, not four hundred.

I don't know a Human that can live for Four Hundred years...

Arker
Yoda trains every single padawan at a very young age, usually in between the ages of 4 and 8. They're reffering to Yoda.

Tangible God
Since the "400 year" quote is from the TPM novelization, that it isn't quite true. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Dooku's character even exist at that time, and even if did... was it so thoroughly developed?

CobbleR
I pray to Ushgarak that this thread will be closed.

Council#13

Ushgarak
Ok, let's clear this up.

1. Yoda teaches all the Younglings before they become full Padawans going out and about with a Master, which is why Obi-Wan was trained by both Yoda and Qui-Gon, a point GL reminds us at the start of TPM when Obi-Wan throws some of Yoda's teachings at the Gonmeister.

2. However, Yoda actually WAS Dooku's Master as well; they have a personal relationship, which means the continuity from Yoda to Luke is established, which then gets a roundabout twist as Yoda then teaches Luke directly

3. The 'Master of Qui-Gon' referred to in the TPM novel (assuming the quote is accurate; I've never read it) can't be Yoda because 400 years is too short a time.

4. And in fact this Master is no-one at all. QGJ's Master was Dooku; Dooku simply did not exist when the TPM novel was written.

Therefore, that passage from the TPM novel is simply out of continuity. Film canon has overridden it.

The only way around it is to consider that maybe one Master teaches all the sword fighting, as distinct from other training. Well, feel free to make upyour own mind.

Darth Kal-El

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!1 laughing laughing

I made the closest guess to the oldest person.

You didn't know it was Lucas Contradiction, nor did you know who they were referring to in the novel so I suggest you: S h u t u p .

Captain REX
Was that directed at Ush? Cause Ush is right. blink

EDIT: Nvm. *smacks Kal-El*

Arker
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, let's clear this up.

1. Yoda teaches all the Younglings before they become full Padawans going out and about with a Master, which is why Obi-Wan was trained by both Yoda and Qui-Gon, a point GL reminds us at the start of TPM when Obi-Wan throws some of Yoda's teachings at the Gonmeister.

2. However, Yoda actually WAS Dooku's Master as well; they have a personal relationship, which means the continuity from Yoda to Luke is established, which then gets a roundabout twist as Yoda then teaches Luke directly

3. The 'Master of Qui-Gon' referred to in the TPM novel (assuming the quote is accurate; I've never read it) can't be Yoda because 400 years is too short a time.

4. And in fact this Master is no-one at all. QGJ's Master was Dooku; Dooku simply did not exist when the TPM novel was written.

Therefore, that passage from the TPM novel is simply out of continuity. Film canon has overridden it.

The only way around it is to consider that maybe one Master teaches all the sword fighting, as distinct from other training. Well, feel free to make upyour own mind.

I suppose that makes sense.

bogen
n00b!, try using common scense

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.