Why didn't Episode II have a video game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
1 and 3 did, and they were both great. I enjoyed TPM more though, because it was interactive dialogue-wise and had some role playing elements. The Revenge of the Sith game reminded me of a Mario game because it was more about killing multiple enemies at a time and then the boss. It didn't have the feeling of a good story to it, probably because it followed the movie so well. I did like how the bosses such as Mace and Dooku talk shit to you, and Anakin shot lightning.

So why didnt Attack of the Clones have a game made for it? I wouldve loved to fight Jango as Obi-Wan on that rainy landing pad or even participate in that collosseum thing where all those Jedi died.

General G
Maybe, there wasn't enough action in it, not saying there wasn't any at all, because there was, but maybe not enough from a game makers point of view. Just a thought.

Fishy
Maybe because they realised movie games suck and didn't want to make more sucky projects, maybe because there were enough other projects, maybe because there was vey little action in the game they could make a game of, maybe because they didn't have the money.

whatever the case i'm happy about it, one less sucky SW game.

steverules
I think there was one on the game boy advance.

Hello Friend
Episode III, Lego Star Wars and Battlefront were all good games...

steverules
Can't get the image up but here is the link the the picture.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/gba/451to500/0485.jpg

kamikz
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
1 and 3 did, and they were both great. I enjoyed TPM more though, because it was interactive dialogue-wise and had some role playing elements. The Revenge of the Sith game reminded me of a Mario game because it was more about killing multiple enemies at a time and then the boss. It didn't have the feeling of a good story to it, probably because it followed the movie so well. I did like how the bosses such as Mace and Dooku talk shit to you, and Anakin shot lightning.

So why didnt Attack of the Clones have a game made for it? I wouldve loved to fight Jango as Obi-Wan on that rainy landing pad or even participate in that collosseum thing where all those Jedi died.

I agree, the TPM was a great game acctually. Many hours spent on the Tatooine levels with Qui-Gon. Does the game Clone Wars count? It starts near the end of Ep 2.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

So why didnt Attack of the Clones have a game made for it? I wouldve loved to fight Jango as Obi-Wan on that rainy landing pad or even participate in that collosseum thing where all those Jedi died. why do we care?

Hello Friend
^Stfu

Lörd Sorgo
Originally posted by Hello Friend
^Stfu

Wow... I actually agree with you.

Decay
yeah i dont think there is enough action to make a game. theyd have to take alot of artistic licencing and make up alot of action sequences and it probably would have deviated enough from the movie for it not to follow the movie very well.

apart from some chase scenes there was only 3 big lightsaber moments, kenobi vs fett, jedi + clones vs droids and kenobi and skywalker vs dooku. and if they wanted to let you play as yoda, yoda vs dooku. it would have either been a really short game or have a story that was based on ep 2 but jumped all over the place and didnt cover all the story and made alot of stuff up for the sake of action.

it was a good movie, but there just isnt enough action to make it into a game.

Guy LeDouche
Originally posted by kamikz
I agree, the TPM was a great game acctually. Many hours spent on the Tatooine levels with Qui-Gon. Does the game Clone Wars count? It starts near the end of Ep 2.

What game was there for TPM?

SnakeEyes
TPM had a game that came out for Playstation (and PC).

AOTC actually did have a game, but only for the Gameboy Adance. I have it and it's pretty crappy. At the time I thought it was cool though. I got to the Dooku duel at the end of the game and then got pissed because he could kill me in one swipe of his saber. That shit pissed me off.

Guy LeDouche
I beat that. . . . Easily. . . . confused

Captain REX
Heh.

Elements of Episode II were included in video games such as Battlefront and Clone Wars, but there was no real specific console-based Episode II game. It's better off that way.

CellDweller
"I got to the Dooku duel at the end of the game and then got pissed because he could kill me in one swipe of his saber. That shit pissed me off."

HAHAHAHAH laughing

.....Well, that's what light sabers are supposed to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.