Why Does a TIE scream?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dirty Vader
Can someone tell me the reason Jaina and Jacen gave in one of the Troy Denning books (I think)?

It was a bad joke. Dont know exactly what it was.

thanks.

DiamondBullets
That's good question. I also wonder why Thai chicks have screaming orgasms.

Naw, just kidding. I don't know the answer to that joke cuz I never read that book. To be honest, I really don't like post-ROTJ EU.

They made that sound for the TIE's by combining an elephant trumpeting and tires on a rainy freeway.

Swanky-Tuna
Maybe it's supposed to the sound of the engines.

Wesker
Maybe it's a threatric effect added for the benefit of movie watchers.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Wesker
Maybe it's a threatric effect added for the benefit of movie watchers. Yep. Wait, are we referring to the Wilhem scream?

Darth_Glentract
It was because the Rebels are after them(the joke) but Jaina's reason was because the sound waves carry through the exhaust the engine makes.

Veneficus
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
That's good question. I also wonder why Thai chicks have screaming orgasms.

Disgusting even if you were joking.

Dirty Vader
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
It was because the Rebels are after them(the joke) but Jaina's reason was because the sound waves carry through the exhaust the engine makes.

Excellent, thanks.

Mindship
Originally posted by Wesker
Maybe it's a threatric effect added for the benefit of movie watchers.

Bingo.

When the original Star Trek first aired and they were creating the opening sequence--where the Enterprise zooms by our point of view--in the interest of technical accuracy, there was no swoosh sound. Roddenberry (who very much insisted on believability) found the sequence theatrically dead. So he responded to the meta-reality of Trek being a TV show and told his people to add the sound effect. Made the scene much more "alive."

We are terrestrial creatures. When something zips past us, we expect a sound. The only movie I can think of at the moment which left out any sounds, but still made for great scenes, was 2001 a space odyssey (their technique was to substitue music for sounds).

Wesker
Yeah, I remember that. Other sci fi series and movies use sound effects for theatrical purposes.

Mišt
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract

Jacen: Because they miss their mothership.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.