Star Wars Oscar Poll: Best Sunset

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
It's Oscar time again! Since ROTS wus robbed of any good nominations, here's our own awards!

McCusto
Can you just put this in one thread? Instead of spamming the boards with multiple ones?

JaehSkywalker
yeah, he's right... why don't you make a thread for this?

roughrider
ANH sunset is the one everyone remembers - it's part of film legend by now.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by roughrider
ANH sunset is the one everyone remembers - it's part of film legend by now. agreed.

kalsemo
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
agreed.

ditto.

Cascador
the binary sunset was surely the best in ep IV
But I voted for the one in ep II, who also had a meaning...It shows you the dark side of Anakin...the point of no return.

Eleonora
Originally posted by McCusto
Can you just put this in one thread? Instead of spamming the boards with multiple ones?

Actually it's better this way. I'm way too busy to go through twenty- something pages to find the new poll in the thread.

BTW I think we all owe our vote to the ANH sunset, just like the other sunsets owe their existence to that one. It's inescapable. wink

McCusto
Originally posted by Eleonora
Actually it's better this way. I'm way too busy to go through twenty- something pages to find the new poll in the thread.

BTW I think we all owe our vote to the ANH sunset, just like the other sunsets owe their existence to that one. It's inescapable. wink

That's why he should think of all of the polls and put all of them in the first post stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
You can only do one poll per post. I think its fine the way it is. Not like there is anything else that is all that pressing to discuss anyway.

And the original sunset is unbeatable.

roughrider
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
You can only do one poll per post. I think its fine the way it is. Not like there is anything else that is all that pressing to discuss anyway.

And the original sunset is unbeatable.

Yes.

Cascador
I think they should have done that in ep III...same sunset, it automatically connects to ep IV...but the colour of the sky is different, they should have made that more similar, I'm not gonna complain, it's still great....

PVS
Originally posted by Cascador
I'm not gonna complain

but you just did...

Stun
i love the photgraphy and the absent use of digital enhancement of all the rock fomations of the Jundland wastes shot in Tenerife, the Yavin Temples shot in Peru, and the sunset and landscape shot in Tunisia for 'A New Hope'. I think scouting for all of the locations in this movie particular really did pay off the most - and the sunset capture was probably the best for me, and that's why i vote ANHwink

chinabing
I like ANH's sunset close-up, the only time in the saga that a sunset gets the screen to itself.

Anyone catch the size of the Coruscant sun in TPM, especially when Obi and Qui are out on the balcony? The disk is huge! Its probably about as big as if you were standing on Mercury!

Nactous
Def. ANH.

Alliance
I'd have to give it to ROTS, it made me cry, but probably only because of the ANH one. Both to me have equal denotations, but the ROTS one seems to represent both.

Lyn
I love the ANH one but also the AOTC sunset, like Cascador.

Sith Master X
The ROTS one. It was beautiful. I love the ANH sunset also, but I just like the colors in ROTS better.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Cascador
the binary sunset was surely the best in ep IV
But I voted for the one in ep II, who also had a meaning...It shows you the dark side of Anakin...the point of no return. That's why I voted for it.

Red Superfly
Who gives a flying f*ck.

It's a sunset.

Nothing will match ANH's sunset, its just a fact of life.

DarthBanevv
Do you hate Star Wars Red Superfly? Because you seem to post on these threads a lot, but always against SW. And if you don't like, or care about the forum, why post in it?

Red Superfly
Oh for crying out loud, I can post what I like when I like, providing its in the confines of the rules.

Taking the piss out of a movie is well within those rules.

I'm a massive Star Wars fan, Empire Strikes Back is my favourite movie and has been since I was four. You'll realise one day, that the prequels deserve to have the shit ripped out of them for being so, well, easy to make fun of.

I'm not always against SW either, the prequels had their moments, but damn, they could be so unbelievably stupid at times.

Never have I said a SW film has sucked, apart from Attack Of The Clones, which does suck balls. TPM and ROTS in my opinion are perfectly watchable, while none of the prequels will ever be considerred by me as great as the original trilogy.

Why can't people understand that you don't have to like all six films to be a Star Wars fan.

If being a fan means "loving everything Lucas throws at us" then I don't want to be one.

I've been told I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan before. Well, newsflash, I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fan. I'm just a fan. I'm also a paying customer. I have all the DVD's including prequels, so I have every right to take the piss.

DarthBanevv
This has nothing to do with the prequels themselves. It has to do with what sunset you liked most. I am sure the sunset for each of the films is watchable, is it not? I am not trying to say you're not a Star Wars fan for not liking the prequels, what I am asking is why do you post somewhere if you think the topic is stupid?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.