Alpha Flight vs. JLA!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Ok Alpha Flight is probably Marvels most powerful team. How would they do against DC's top team?

No prep and fight takes place in the vast Canadian wilderness so they can go full bore.

Alpha Flight:

Guardian
Sasquatch
Shaman
Puck
Vindicator
Northstar
Auroa

JLA:

Batman
Green Arrow
Flash(Wally)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Zatanna

Black Adam
Alpha get's "collectived"

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
Alpha get's "collectived"

So they don't asplode? sad

Black Adam
Originally posted by TheKahn

not this time..........

all right right after they get "collectived"

Pepito
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Ok Alpha Flight is probably Marvels most powerful team. How would they do against DC's top team?

No prep and fight takes place in the vast Canadian wilderness so they can go full bore.

Alpha Flight:

Guardian
Sasquatch
Shaman
Puck
Vindicator
Northstar
Auroa

JLA:

Batman
Green Arrow
Flash(Wally)
Green Lantern(Hal)
Zatanna

Alpha Flight are to the xmen and the avengers, what the canadian army is to the american. they are definitely not marvel's top team and have barely had a class100 or alpha level being in their presence let alone an omega. They had to recruit Wolverine in order to take down a demon. JLA, especially with Zatanna, win in 0.4 seconds

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Pepito
Alpha Flight are to the xmen and the avengers, what the canadian army is to the american. they are definitely not marvel's top team and have barely had a class100 or alpha level being in their presence let alone an omega. They had to recruit Wolverine in order to take down a demon. JLA, especially with Zatanna, win in 0.4 seconds

Barely? you know nothing of Alpha Flight. Also the Canadian army is considered to be the best trained army in the world, we even have the best snipers.

Anyways JLA wins, GL and Flash are the reasons.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
not this time..........

all right right after they get "collectived"

blowup Happy Dance youpi

TheKahn
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Barely? you know nothing of Alpha Flight. Also the Canadian army is considered to be the best trained army in the world, we even have the best snipers.

Canada has an army? What the f**k?
usaflagtomcattank

Just kidding. wink

snoopdogg
Alpha Flight are to the xmen and the avengers, what the canadian army is to the american. they are definitely not marvel's top team and have barely had a class100 or alpha level being in their presence let alone an omega. They had to recruit Wolverine in order to take down a demon. JLA, especially with Zatanna, win in 0.4 seconds That's a pretty bold statment.

Anyways how does Zatanna compare to Shaman?

Pepito

a) name a top level alpha flight member

b) anyone who thinks that Canada's army in any way stands up to the USA's is ridiculously overpatriotic. Canada may have a large, welltrained army but usa have top equipment, funding and manpower. There are about two jet bombers for every sniper in Canada, I'm British and I admit that there's no way in hell Britain's army would stand up to America's. And every country makes up for the huge power discrepancy with usa by claiming that theirs is the best trained. Even if its true, I don't think they're trained so well that they can beat an army with 25percent of the richest government's budget behind them. Good snipers don't beat thousands of bombers, missiles, tanks and satellites Equally, Alpha Flight are good but, (as you'd expect an American comics publisher), the American teams are way ahead.

thesilverspider
That's a pretty bold statment.

Anyways how does Zatanna compare to Shaman?
I think Shaman is above Zatanna.......
But Zatanna can beat him though......yes

Pepito
Shaman needed help to destroy a single ghost demon. He's not as strong as a woman who can manipulate reality with backwards words

King_Mungi
a) name a top level alpha flight member

b) anyone who thinks that Canada's army in any way stands up to the USA's is ridiculously overpatriotic. Canada may have a large, welltrained army but usa have top equipment, funding and manpower. There are about two jet bombers for every sniper in Canada, I'm British and I admit that there's no way in hell Britain's army would stand up to America's. And every country makes up for the huge power discrepancy with usa by claiming that theirs is the best trained. Even if its true, I don't think they're trained so well that they can beat an army with 25percent of the richest government's budget behind them. Good snipers don't beat thousands of bombers, missiles, tanks and satellites Equally, Alpha Flight are good but, (as you'd expect an American comics publisher), the American teams are way ahead.

A) Talisman, level of Dr.Strange and the potential to be stronger, Shaman " If you want to sum it up . . . he's Doctor Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world." .
Actually go check the respect thread then get back to me. Every single member is top level.

B) America has the numbers and techology, but as said Canada is the best trained soliders in the world. I never said Canada would stand up against America, good lord your claiming I said something I never even faintly mentioned.

King_Mungi
Shaman needed help to destroy a single ghost demon. He's not as strong as a woman who can manipulate reality with backwards words

So can he, he can freeze time just by raising his hand and saying "shush"

Ghost demon? Ranaq is a god.

EDIT: This is the exact quote with the move he did to beat Ranaq....
"and just for a single wretching moment the universe itself seems to blink out of existance, like a soap bubble suddenly impaled on a thorn."

Pepito
A) Talisman, level of Dr.Strange and the potential to be stronger, Shaman " If you want to sum it up . . . he's Doctor Strange--but he does it with potions and herbs and little dolls and stuff, instead of just doing it with the power of his mind, the way Strange does. This possibly gives Shaman a slight advantage, I don't know. If he had the tools at hand, he can make just about anything. I don't know if Strange has that kind of power over the physical world." .
Actually go check the respect thread then get back to me. Every single member is top level.

B) America has the numbers and techology, but as said Canada is the best trained soliders in the world. I never said Canada would stand up against America, good lord your claiming I said something I never even faintly mentioned.

Have you inspected every army in the world? I seriously doubt that Canada has the best trained army in the world. This is claimed of English troops too. In truth it's probably China. As for Talisman, he's not included and is not a core member. How is Puck a top level character, how is Guardian/Vindicator/Sasquatch. There is no way that marvel would make alpha flight better than avengers. Remember the main market and story focus is America.

soleran30

Canada has the best trained army in the world all 5 of them and best trained as proclaimed by Canadasmile

I actually expected King Mungi to break bad on this. I do think Alpha flight has a good opportunity to win majority I just need king mungi to explain itsmile

Lucid Lui
Pepito, have you ever read any of the first Alpha Flight series?

Your main argument that they aren't Marvel's most powerful team seems to be that they aren't American...

King_Mungi
Have you inspected every army in the world? I seriously doubt that Canada has the best trained army in the world. This is claimed of English troops too. In truth it's probably China. As for Talisman, he's not included and is not a core member. How is Puck a top level character, how is Guardian/Vindicator/Sasquatch. There is no way that marvel would make alpha flight better than avengers. Remember the main market and story focus is America.

No war games champ, Canada isn't allowed into most anymore due to we won the majority.

Puck is invulernable, basically can't destroy him. Sasquatch is a god, if he lets Tanaraq out all hell will break lose. Guardian has taken down a weakened Galactus and if you knew his powers he could shut off your brain, Vindicator re-eruped Mt.Fuji and absrobed a nuclear reactor. Seriously go check the respect thread and get back to me.

Originally posted by soleran30
Canada has the best trained army in the world all 5 of them and best trained as proclaimed by Canadasmile

I actually expected King Mungi to break bad on this. I do think Alpha flight has a good opportunity to win majority I just need king mungi to explain itsmile

10 soilders DICK!...and their part-time mad

Nope, Flash just speedblitzes them all. GL is plot device crazy, they could win but JLA wins the majority.

Pepito
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Pepito, have you ever read any of the first Alpha Flight series?

Your main argument that they aren't Marvel's most powerful team seems to be that they aren't American...

Since King Mungi will not accept that Thor is more powerful than Snowbird for instance and Hulk more than Sasquatch (the facts of the comics), I am pointing out the logic behind my statement - that an American company whih focuses most of its comics in America will not decide to make their top team Canadian. It's alienates the main market, prevents the showcasing of the most powerful noncosmics and no American will ever do it due to their own patriotic feeling.

snoopdogg
GL plot device crazy? That is uncalled for King. He's had the same powers since the 1950's.

Before DC had any real competion!

King_Mungi
Since King Mungi will not accept that Thor is more powerful than Snowbird for instance and Hulk more than Sasquatch (the facts of the comics), I am pointing out the logic behind my statement - that an American company whih focuses most of its comics in America will not decide to make their top team Canadian. It's alienates the main market, prevents the showcasing of the most powerful noncosmics and no American will ever do it due to their own patriotic feeling.

I never said that! Snowbird has the ability to transform into Tanaraq and even Wendigo, did I make a comment she could beat Thor? no.

Nope, Tanaraq/Sasquatch surpasses Hulk. Just normal Sasquatch stalemated Hulk for 30 minutes.

Your point is horrible that they can't be powerful since they arn't American. You remember Wolverine? well he's Canadian and was part of Alpha Flight

DarkCrawler
Most powerful people in comics aren't even from America...

King_Mungi
GL plot device crazy? That is uncalled for King. He's had the same powers since the 1950's.

No I meant, like he loses due to plot device crazyness. Like Kyle going hand to hand against Deathstroke....errr...ok.

Pepito
I never said that! Snowbird has the ability to transform into Tanaraq and even Wendigo, did I make a comment she could beat Thor? no.

Nope, Tanaraq/Sasquatch surpasses Hulk. Just normal Sasquatch stalemated Hulk for 30 minutes.

Your point is horrible that they can't be powerful since they arn't American. You remember Wolverine? well he's Canadian and was part of Alpha Flight

No Alpha Flight are highly unlikely to be THE MOST POWERFUL and aren't at all. If marvel was a Canada based compnay they probably would be. Alpha Flight are a good team but no core members have powers like the top xmen (some of whom are described as the ultimate evolutions), or the top avengers who regularly fight cosmic battles

snoopdogg
No I meant, like he loses due to plot device crazyness. Like Kyle going hand to hand against Deathstroke....errr...ok. Oh I thought you were taking a knock at GL.

Those guys should be uber cause they protect the universe. Not just a single country.

Pepito

Sure Hulk, marvel's showcase strong guy, is surpassed by Sasquatch. You do recall the mountain lifting and the crushing of Onslaught's armour. And I don't think Wolverine's especially powerful

King_Mungi
No Alpha Flight are highly unlikely to be THE MOST POWERFUL and aren't at all. If marvel was a Canada based compnay they probably would be. Alpha Flight are a good team but no core members have powers like the top xmen (some of whom are described as the ultimate evolutions), or the top avengers who regularly fight cosmic battles

Oh my god, that is a horrible point. Ummm...Alpha Flight often fights against Gods, and people who even made Dr.Strange crap his pants. They even had one member in the recent Weapon X mini destroy all the mutants in North America. X-Men included.

Oh I thought you were taking a knock at GL.

Those guys should be uber cause they protect the universe. Not just a single country.

Kyle is one of my all time favorite characters, heck I'm a fan of all the GL's.....John not so much stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Sure Hulk, marvel's showcase strong guy, is surpassed by Sasquatch. You do recall the mountain lifting and the crushing of Onslaught's armour. And I don't think Wolverine's especially powerful

Tanaraq is a god, one who truely can't be defeated. He's older than the Earth itself and was the reason man is afraid of the night and cold. He easily beat Namora, the female version of Namor who Hulk never beat that easily. He even took out Zarthos like he was nothing and Kulan Gath.

Pepito
How can you possibly think that Alpha Flight, a fairly minor team, are superior to the Avengers, marvel's jla. Alpha Flights main members include an acrobat and two energy suited people with midlevel powers. Gods are extremely variable in power and Cassandra Nova nearly wiped out all mutants. Immortus could have destroyed the entire timeline. You act like Alpha Flight are the only team to have fought gods. Thor, just one member of the avengers, is a god. Alpha Flight have never beaten a threat on a cosmic scale.

Pepito
Plus you're clearly just saying this because of your nationality

Lucid Lui
No Alpha Flight are highly unlikely to be THE MOST POWERFUL and aren't at all. If marvel was a Canada based compnay they probably would be. Alpha Flight are a good team but no core members have powers like the top xmen (some of whom are described as the ultimate evolutions), or the top avengers who regularly fight cosmic battles If you'd read any of the first series of Alpha Flight you'd know that when it was coming out they pretty much were the most powerful team in Marvel. The same lineup that's in this fight.

Arguing that they can't be the most powerful cause they aren't american is stupid.

Sure they've been jobbed out alot recently, but in the battle arena we use characters/teams best showing. Alpha Flight's best showings make them one of Marvel most powerful teams. Deal with it.

King_Mungi
How can you possibly think that Alpha Flight, a fairly minor team, are superior to the Avengers, marvel's jla. Alpha Flights main members include an acrobat and two energy suited people with midlevel powers. Gods are extremely variable in power and Cassandra Nova nearly wiped out all mutants. Immortus could have destroyed the entire timeline. You act like Alpha Flight are the only team to have fought gods. Thor, just one member of the avengers, is a god. Alpha Flight have never beaten a threat on a cosmic scale.

Well first off depends on what Avengers team it is, and midlevel powers? GAH! You seriously know nothing of Alpha Flight. So I'm not going into it further.

No I'm saying Alpha Flight is a top tier team, since they have fought major oppoents. Did I say they are the strongest team? NO! Once again your saying things I never stated. Your making the outrageous claim that being Canadian that they can't be powerful. Wrong, they beat Llan, Galactus, Great Beasts and the Dreamqueen .

King_Mungi
Plus you're clearly just saying this because of your nationality

No, I know my character's limits hence why I said they lose here. I have even said in other threads I don't like them since their Canadian, I like them since their book was groundbreaking. I only got into AF like 7 months ago.

Pepito
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
If you'd read any of the first series of Alpha Flight you'd know that when it was coming out they pretty much were the most powerful team in Marvel. The same lineup that's in this fight.

Arguing that they can't be the most powerful cause they aren't american is stupid.

Sure they've been jobbed out alot recently, but in the battle arena we use characters/teams best showing. Alpha Flight's best showings make them one of Marvel most powerful teams. Deal with it.

It's not stupid to say that an AMERICAN COMIC COMPANY WILL MAKE THEIR COUNTRY'S HEROES THE TOP LEVEL WHEN MOST OF THE COMICS ARE BASED IN AMERICA. It's not like I'm saying genetically Americans beat Canadians. And Alpha Flight will never be the most powerful team in marvel. Marvel is a business and most fans of marvel are American and will not want to see a Canadian team be the most powerful.

King_Mungi
As said if you look at Alpha Flight feats, that puts them at one of the strongest teams in the Marvel universe wether you like it or not. Check the respect thread.

Superherovandal
adding wally is overkill u wanna know why. He gives them all speed powers. this allows zatanna to destroy AF before AF can even think to think. and supes could easily take out Sas before he unleashes tanaraq.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Superherovandal
adding wally is overkill u wanna know why. He gives them all speed powers. this allows zatanna to destroy AF before AF can even think to think. and supes could easily take out Sas before he unleashes tanaraq.

Yep, Flash is a beast. Superman isn't in this, but yes he could do that.

Pepito
The respec thread is by its nature also biased. And one of the most powerful out of about 4 major teams ain't too great. Sasquatch has reasonable superstrength, Puck is an acrobat, Vindicator and Guardian are weaker iron men without computers, Aurora and Northstar are powerful but only have speed, Shaman is midlevel magician. No-one in this team can be classed as one of the most powerful beings on Earth, as shown by their lack of appearances on gauntlets and major threads. It's Hulk not Sasquatch who appears, Iron Man not vindicator and Strange not Shaman

King_Mungi
The respec thread is by its nature also biased. And one of the most powerful out of about 4 major teams ain't too great. Sasquatch has reasonable superstrength, Puck is an acrobat, Vindicator and Guardian are weaker iron men without computers, Aurora and Northstar are powerful but only have speed, Shaman is midlevel magician. No-one in this team can be classed as one of the most powerful beings on Earth, as shown by their lack of appearances on gauntlets and major threads. It's Hulk not Sasquatch who appears, Iron Man not vindicator and Strange not Shaman

Not really, when I post entire issues and such. Puck is more than an acrobat, no they arn't. Vindicator beat an AR Iron Man with ease, and Guardian can overide his suit and take it over. Box would destroy Iron Man as well. They don't have just speed...oh hell here, you just proved you know nothing about them.

Guardian
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Vindicator
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vindicator

Puck
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puck_%28comics%29

Aurora
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_%28comics%29

Snowbird
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowbird_%28comics%29

Northstar
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northstar_%28comics%29

Shaman
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaman_%28comics%29

Lucid Lui
The respec thread is by its nature also biased. And one of the most powerful out of about 4 major teams ain't too great. Sasquatch has reasonable superstrength, Puck is an acrobat, Vindicator and Guardian are weaker iron men without computers, Aurora and Northstar are powerful but only have speed, Shaman is midlevel magician. No-one in this team can be classed as one of the most powerful beings on Earth, as shown by their lack of appearances on gauntlets and major threads. It's Hulk not Sasquatch who appears, Iron Man not vindicator and Strange not Shaman That's because they're lesser known characters. Take you for example, you obviously know barely anything about them. Have you ever read any Alpha Flight comics? You seem to be just completely set on saying that Alpha Flight aren't very powerful even though you knwo practically nothing about them in the way of feats. We tell you to look at their Respect thread so you have an informed opinion, yet you don't. And you're arguments, because they're not popular and not american, are laughable.

soleran30

LOL and yet superman can beat on them I call dutch if thats the case Alpha flight wins c'mon they have a crap load of tools.

Pepito
Listen, there is no way that anyone except diehard alpha flight fans will say that Guardian is beyond Iron Man. Iron Man's feats far outclass Guardian's. Alpha Flight are certainly less powerful than the x-men and 95percent of the avengers incarnations. Guardian flies and has energy bolts which are about half the strength of repulsor rays. That's all. How can you claim that characters who would be midlevel in other teams are incredible when grouped. There are no characters who can be said to be the top of their genre of powers.

snoopdogg
LOL and yet superman can beat on them I call dutch if thats the case Alpha flight wins c'mon they have a crap load of tools. Their crap load of tools pales in comparison to what this JLA squad has done.

It's like comparing a Chevy Chevette to a Chevy Corvette. King realizes this and so should you.

TheKahn
Pepito, a word of advice (that you're free to disregard if you want): don't mess with King Mungi on Alpha Flight (or DarkCrawler on Namor). Neither one of thoes guys are fanboys who ignore logical arguements and both can produce a near infinite number of scans to back up whatever they claim smart.

In other words they know what they are talking about. If King Mungi says that AF is one of the most powerful teams in the Marvel Universe, you can be confident that he has isn't making a base-less claim and can site a lot of evidence to that effect. So unless you can provide some proof to justify you "being American = being more powerful" theory, I wouldn't be surprised if not too many people support it erm

To me the power-level of a team (like just about everything in comics) would be up to the writer. If he/she wants them to be more powerful than, say, the Avengers then he/she can make it that way. But this is just my opinion.

King_Mungi
Listen, there is no way that anyone except diehard alpha flight fans will say that Guardian is beyond Iron Man. Iron Man's feats far outclass Guardian's. Alpha Flight are certainly less powerful than the x-men and 95percent of the avengers incarnations. Guardian flies and has energy bolts which are about half the strength of repulsor rays. That's all. How can you claim that characters who would be midlevel in other teams are incredible when grouped. There are no characters who can be said to be the top of their genre of powers.

You didn't read the bios now did you? Guardian can shut Iron Man's brain off, or cause a massive EMP shutting down his suit and various other abilities he has.

You know what your making youself look bad, do some research first.

Their crap load of tools pales in comparison to what this JLA squad has done.

It's like comparing a Chevy Chevette to a Chevy Corvette. King realizes this and so should you.

It's true, I'm a fan of AF but I know their limits. Also I didn't realize that, I knew it from the start big grin

soleran30
Their crap load of tools pales in comparison to what this JLA squad has done.

past performance isn't indicitive of future results stick out tongue Think about it ...........guardian emp BAM not a sermon just a thought

snoopdogg
past performance isn't indicitive of future results stick out tongue Think about it ...........guardian emp BAM not a sermon just a thought What's more probable?

A Flash speedblitz or a Guardian emp?

King_Mungi
Pepito, a word of advice (that you're free to disregard if you want): don't mess with King Mungi on Alpha Flight (or DarkCrawler on Namor). Neither one of thoes guys are fanboys who ignore logical arguements and both can produce a near infinite number of scans to back up whatever they claim smart.

In other words they know what they are talking about. If King Mungi says that AF is one of the most powerful teams in the Marvel Universe, you can be confident that he has isn't making a base-less claim and can site a lot of evidence to that effect. So unless you can provide some proof to justify you "being American = being more powerful" theory, I wouldn't be surprised if not too many people support it erm

To me the power-level of a team (like just about everything in comics) would be up to the writer. If he/she wants them to be more powerful than, say, the Avengers then he/she can make it that way. But this is just my opinion.

Thank you kindly, I appreciate that

Yep I tottally agree with your last paragraph

past performance isn't indicitive of future results stick out tongue Think about it ...........guardian emp BAM not a sermon just a thought

Quite you! your giving people ideas! mad

What's more probable?

Oh come on now, we all know Flash is not known for his speed. Pfft...wacky fanboys.

soleran30
What's more probable?

Looking at Flash foes an EMP please Flash is a tool he has the power to constantly adjust and own yet he moves fast........................Yup ok I evaluated that one EMP please..................so you ask whats more probable look at flash villians and how he handles them on AVERAGE then ask me againsmile

Marcus4600

Just for you Kahn, since you sent me the Superdickery link.

They asplode!

blowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowupblowup

DarkCrawler

Thanks. smile

AJ4LIFE
the teams arent on the same level

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.