Iron man vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wallywestthebes
who would win?

wallywestthebes
i say iron-man because i have seen it in both cases who wins but i just think that iron man has him

Jason Wyngarde
i think hulk

Mane
Hulk

norrin radd
difficul one, if they meet in the street maybe hulk take this one. but with prep time iron man can beat him, he even has an hulk armour

SUPERMANDAMAN
Ahh yes his Hulk buster armor but i still think hulk has this one.

FeceMan
I'm sick and tired of Hulk winning. Go Iron-Man!

ScarletSpider
Knowing all the specs and stuff, Tony Stark could probably rig something to drain Hulk of the gamma radiation in his body, turning Hulk to Banner, or rendering him onconscious.

SUPERMANDAMAN
go stark

Asian Hulk
Hulk could win

Woody Woods
Iron man has to be sober to stand a chance against the HULK. the HULK can tear him apart with his giant green toes.

Linkalicious
I just ordered some pretty new Hulk comics like Hulk 71-74. And he fights Iron Man in those 4 comics. I can't wait to see the results, because on the cover, it shows IM getting ripped to shreds.

But the inside of the comics always tells the real story...

GreatMuta
I think Tony Stark will be too drunk to put up a fight !! Hulk smash! Iron man....just plain "smashed" One more round of schlitz barkeep!!

Alpha Centauri
Don't judge this battle on Hulkbuster armour. Hulk has smashed it before so he'd do so again.

-AC

norrin radd
i was just saying iron man with prep time could take it.

Victor Von Doom
In the latest Hulk, Iron Man has a suit which does indeed absorb gamma, and is fuelled by it. He still fails to affect Hulk.

Hulk.

Maelstrom
Oh damn i just said in another thread that the new armor was for atomic bombs. Anyhow, Hulk is now as strong as ive seen him ever. I don't see anyone really comming after him anytime soon.

Arachnoidfreak
Woot!

Woody Woods
^ he can fight in that! wow! he looks like the alcohol really got to him...

nah, just playing...but, damn.

morbius
Im going with hulk on this one as son as he breaks ironmans armor hes finished unless he calms the hulk down then kills him

ska57
Iron Man ALL THE WAY. Not only does he have his Hulk-Buster armor but he also defeated the Hulk without it! (Iron Man 131-133)

ska57
Did I mention Iron Man 131-133 was in Feb-April of 1980, 24 years ago, Iron Man's armor is a heck of a lot more advanced now!

Linkalicious
and in those 24 years, Hulk has displayed far more feats of strength and fighting skill that he did before that time.

Victor Von Doom
It sure is: he just made one that absorbs, AND IS POWERED by gamma. He still did nothing to Hulk, and conceded as much.

ska57
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
"It sure is: he just made one that absorbs, AND IS POWERED by gamma. He still did nothing to Hulk, and conceded as much."

What r u talking about! Just one suit that absorbs and is powered by gamma radiation is the only new thing Stark has made in 24 years???? You don't know anything about Iron Man and shouldn't even be making comments like that. He has developed so many new things I can't even begin to tell you.

Linkalicious
dude...i think you're reading that all wrong.

I think he meant, he JUST RECENTLY made one that absorbs, and is powered by gamma. He didn't say "in the last 24 years the only suit he's made is the gamma absorbing one"

Let's not go jumping to conclusions now....

ska57
Okay. Point is > Iron Man can defeat the Hulk.

Linkalicious
but Hulk can defeat Iron Man...so i fail to see the potency of that particular point.

In an Iron Man comic, IM wins. In a Hulk comic, Hulk wins...

ska57
In IM's Hulk-buster armor he can defeat him in any comic book.

Linkalicious
didn't he already lose to him while wearing his Hulk-buster armor?? confused

ska57
NO. In Iron Man 305 he found out the Hulk was @ one of his gamma bomb factories and put on his Hulk-Buster armor to stop him. He kicked the crap out of him but the Hulk just wanted to talk. I still say that Stark would beat in a real battle.

Alpha Centauri
Yes he did.

Iron-Man strolled in and Hulk thought "Sardines."

-AC

ska57
Iron Man defeated the Hulk in IM 132 just using regular "cruise the city looking for badguys armor" not a specialty armor like the Hulk-Buster model.

Linkalicious
well if this statement is true, then why are you only quoting Iron Man comics as your proof of these defeats?

ska57
Because the Hulk-Buster armor never appears in any other comic book.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk recently defeated Iron-Man in Iron-Man's newly upgraded, gamma resistant and gamma powered suit.

More powerful than Hulkbuster by Tony's own words.

-AC

jimmy_jam
hulk

ska57
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"Hulk recently defeated Iron-Man in Iron-Man's newly upgraded, gamma resistant and gamma powered suit.

More powerful than Hulkbuster by Tony's own words."

Was that in Incredible Hulk 73?

Alpha Centauri
Was that a rhetorical? You read Hulk I assume?

Hulk is unaffected by this suit and seeing as this suit is technically better than Hulkbuster armour, what's the deal?

-AC

ska57
I think the deal is that in their own comic books, they win. Linkalicious was right.

Linkalicious
*gives self cookie!* clap

Sorry I can't be more active in this discussion....I'm waiting for Hulk 71-74 to be sent to me in the mail. Any day now. big grin

moshtitan
you lucky devil...i agree with Links view on the subject.

Victor Von Doom
What I am talking about you say?

laughing

Linkalicious
I'm always interested in seeing Hulk lose a fist fight. I'm going to try and find that copy of Iron Man where he takes out the Hulk. I bet it's a really cool comic.

Alpha Centauri
Own comics or not, can anyone truly believe Iron-Man would beat The Hulk in a fist fight?

-AC

ska57
"What I am talking about you say?"

I said that his armor has advanced way more since 1980 and you said "It sure is: he just made one that absorbs, AND IS POWERED by gamma. He still did nothing to Hulk, and conceded as much." So whay YOU are saying is that the only thing Stark has came up with in 24 years is a suit powered by gamma radiation.

Linkalicious
like i said earlier. It's all in how you are interpeting what he wrote.

If he meant that the ONLY suit he's made in the past 24 years is the gamma one....then he would have stated it much more clearly.

ska57
Dude, I'M SOOOOOOO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!x1000000oops Now I understand, IM JUST made a new suit of armor that was powered by gamma!!!! Sorry Victor Von Doom, they should fire me from my job @ the golf course, put me in tar, cover me in feathers, burn me, then shoot me, then lynch me from the tallest tree in the country!

Linkalicious
nah don't go there...it isn't like that

i think you read it as

he just made ONE

not

he JUST made one...

ska57
Yeah, I did read it the wrong way. I was just trying to be stu--- no wait, too late.

SUPERMANDAMAN
WOW Iron man beat the Hulk in the newest issue of incredible hulk thats kinda gay.

Linkalicious
did he? confused

I thought Hulk won! Damnit, i got the email notification...those comics should be at my house today!!!!

SUPERMANDAMAN
Well i guess u cant really say that iron man won because at the end of it u find out that the hulk was holding back on his punches so i guess not but iron mans new suite was tight as crap.

Victor Von Doom
Hulk pretended to be knocked out, and Iron Man says something like 'I guess you can't beat the Hulk'.

ska57

wolverine 101
I think Hulk would smash through his armor

ska57
Did u not read what I just wrote? Iron Man beat the Hulk! He didn't smash through his armor becuase he lost!

SUPERMANDAMAN
Yes back in the 70s but Hulk has grown stronger and can control himself better now and thats why he beat iron man in the newest hulk comic even iron man said i guess the hulk still remains unbeatable.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I mean if Iron Man admits that he cant beat him what is there to argue about?

ska57
Still, that was in the HULK comics. Iron Man is the only one that defeated him in BOTH comics, not just the one biased towards him.

Alpha Centauri

ska57
He still beat him...

Alpha Centauri
Yes, yes of course he did.

*Hands ska57 some crayons*

Of course he did. Now you go play with the crayons while we talk about the comics. Ok champ?

-AC

ska57
Dude, you're a sore loser, Iron Man beat the Hulk and you say to back-up the Hulk "No wait, Iron Man's hands hurt more than the Hulk's!" I fail to see the relivance of that statement.

Alpha Centauri
"Dude, you're a sore loser, Iron Man beat the Hulk and you say to back-up the Hulk "No wait, Iron Man's hands hurt more than the Hulk's!" I fail to see the relivance of that statement."

You posted a quote by Iron-Man, I assume to show us that he won? When he was infact saying that when he hit the Hulk, HE got hurt instead of Hulk. He also said that the punch he threw would have wrecked a train but it did nothing to Hulk.

Your move.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
oooo, check and mate my friend.

ska57
IRON - MAN - BEAT - THE - HULK - REGUARDLESS -- DO - YOU - UNDER - STAND - ENGLISH?!

Your move.

Arachnoidfreak
Yea...where does it say that exactly? Do you own the comic? The cover shows a Hulk in shambles, but we all know how accurate covers are, right? Didn't you quote Ironman saying that he didn't hurt the Hulk?

ska57
Read the summary, it says Iron Man defeated him.

SUPERMANDAMAN
WOw now its a Summery well i read the comic where Hulk beat Iron man an Also in the ultimates hulk detroyed iron man and there is noway you can say that comic is biases against the hulk i mean your going by a comic that is 30 years old i have just mentioned 2 comics recently where the hulk has beat iron man easily i might add 30 years ago iron man may have beat the hulk but characters change over time and the hulk is alot stronger now.

Alpha Centauri
"IRON - MAN - BEAT - THE - HULK - REGUARDLESS -- DO - YOU - UNDER - STAND - ENGLISH?!

Your move."

DO - YOU - KNOW - HOW - TO - SPELL?

Hmm. My move eh? How about....I own the comic and Hulk wins despite the summary?

Check mate. Go home. Don't try The Alphmeister.

-AC

Mane
touche!

Mane
disclaimer - i ran out of time to edit my post -- sorry for the double

NOW having said that, im kinda jumping in on the tail end of this conversation, but ive read all four pages of this thread and, it seems that ska57 has only used like 1 issue for his argument. am i right? if so, that was one time...Batman has defeated the Justice League one time! things can happen ont time, but that doesnt mean they could do it every time.

ska57
AC, Iron Man beat the Hulk in that comic, don't make stupid responses like, "How about... I own the comic." Hey, how about... I own all the comics in the world and Iron Man beats him every time! To me that makes just as much sense.

SUPERMANDAMAN, I can understand that the Hulk beat Iron Man in Ultimates because this is just his first suit of armor, and nice resource on where you found that Hulk beat Iron Man, "I read 'THE COMIC' where Hulk beat Iron Man." Well, I have also read 'THE COMIC' where Iron Man won.

vu_Quang
I think the odds are in favor of the monsturous hulk. meaning out of 10 battles i think hulk can take 8.

now lets get to the real issue.. IronMan vs Magneto big grin j/k

ska57
Iron Man vs. Hulk in Iron Man #132 - Hulk lost
Iron Man vs. Hulk in Incredible Hulk #131 - Hulk lost
Iron Man vs. Hulk in Incredible Hulk #74 - wasn't even a fight (Hulk just wanted the second bomb to go off by stalling IM)
Iron Man vs. Hulk in Iron Man #305 - wasn't even a fight (Hulk just wanted to talk to IM)
Iron Man vs. Hulk in Iron Man vol. 2 #2, 3 - Hulk lost

What do you think about that?

Victor Von Doom
I think...Iron Man's readers would be disappointed if he lost to Hulk in his own comic.

Iron man 131 is how old?

The Ultimates is a neutral comic, Hulk destroyed Iron Man.

In the newest Hulk, Iron Man could not hurt Hulk, and conceded that he couldn't. Hulk didn't beat him either, so it wasn't especially biased. He also had his most powerful armour yet.

ska57
Can you tell me in which Ultimates comic that the Hulk beat Iron Man?
Where exactly in the new Hulk comics did he say that it was his most powerful armor yet?

ska57
"In the newest Hulk, Iron Man could not hurt Hulk"

You must be blind, Iron Man punched the Hulk so hard that he made a crater that was like 15 feet or so deep that left the Hulk unconscious. Here's a quote, Iron Man: "Get yer excedrin ready, Banner!" SLAMMMMM!! WHUMP! "Banner! Banner! Oh my God! What have I done?"

Arachnoidfreak
Maybe you didn't read the entire thread, earlier someone established that Hulk was faking it.

ska57
How do they know that? Did they write it?!

Arachnoidfreak
It probably says it in the comic book that they read. Duh.

ska57
I have it and it doesn't say anything about Hulk faking it.

Alpha Centauri
Go buy The Ultimates issue 5 Volume 1.

Page 15:

*Iron-Man is flying with Hulk*

Iron-Man: I need something to slam him into. Ten more seconds and this lunatic will have peeled his way down to my G-string. (Refering to his armour).

*Iron-Man slams him into an empty Grand Central Station. Hulk gets up right away while Iron-Man is on the radio to Fury*

Iron-Man: First the Silo doors jam and they take eight minutes to launch me, now the sights in my armour are knocked six inches to the left!

Hulk: SHUT UP DOGBREATH!

*Hulk hits him*

Hulk: Little man smells like canned meat! Hulk wanna know if he tastes like canned meat too!

*Hulk tears off Iron-Man's helmet and leans forward with mouth open*

Hulk: Hulk hungry little man!

Iron-Man: Eat this moron!

*Iron-Man blasts him in the mouth with a repulsor blast. Full power. It stuns Hulk for a second and Iron-Man punches him to no effect. Iron-Man sees this and flys away like a little ***** and says he needs to "Juice up again" due to being on 25 percent power*

I say again. Neutral comic, Hulk shows him up. This was just after he nearly tore Giant-Man's head off. Oh and it's right before he almost caved Captain America's skull in and a bit before Thor smashes him in the head with Mjolnir 3 times and he just starts laughing and sends him flying about 50 feet.

Iron-Man beating Hulk. Comical.

-AC

ska57
Well, that's in THAT universe. Just give Iron Man some time and he'll come back to beat him. Now, Hulk defeating Iron Man outside the Ultimates universe is comical. Also, vol. 2 of the Iron Man comics takes place in an alternate universe too; in which the Hulk loses.

Heroes Reborn universe - Iron Man wins
Ultimates universe - Hulk wins
regular comics universe - Iron Man wins

IRON MAN - 2
HULK - 1

Arachnoidfreak
hahaha Hulk tried to eat him! I gotta get that comic.

Alpha Centauri
"Well, that's in THAT universe. Just give Iron Man some time and he'll come back to beat him."

Come back to beat him? If he couldn't beat him in one of his best suits with full power and a full power repulsor blast INTO THE MOUTH what makes you think he's got a chance? Answer is he doesn't have a chance.

"Now, Hulk defeating Iron Man outside the Ultimates universe is comical. Also, vol. 2 of the Iron Man comics takes place in an alternate universe too; in which the Hulk loses.

Heroes Reborn universe - Iron Man wins
Ultimates universe - Hulk wins
regular comics universe - Iron Man wins

IRON MAN - 2
HULK - 1"

Regular comics? Well he can't beat Hulk coz he admitted it recently. He actually admitted it. In his own comics it's different coz how is he gonna lose in his own comic?

It's comic knowledge that Hulk would trash Iron-Man in seconds. Ultimates universe is neither Iron-Man's comic nor Hulk's. It's neutral and fair. Hulk whooped him.

The suit Stark built in recent Hulk's is Gamma powered and yet, Gamma resistant. He still admitted he can't beat Hulk. Characters in the Marvel universe admit that they can't beat Hulk. If Thor can't beat him what makes you think Rust boy will?

You're silly, you're silly, I love that you went there but y-you're silly.

Goodbyyyye.

-AC

Daredevil75
I really like Ironman, but hulk would crush him.

DarkCrawler
Damn straight. Hulk would destroy Iron Man.

ska57
Iron Man has defeated King Thor in his Thor-Buster armor, I would really like to see the Hulk-Buster armor go at the Hulk in a real battle.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk has trashed that armour before.

You don't get it. This debate is like Iron-Man Vs Hulk. You being Iron-Man, everyone else being Hulk. But mainly me.

-AC

ska57
Hulk HAS NOT trashed that armor before. Stark only used it once in Iron Man #305 and he beat the crap out of the Hulk, but that's just because the Hulk wanted to talk, Hulk NEVER trashed it.

Alpha Centauri
"Stark only used it once in Iron Man #305 and he beat the crap out of the Hulk, but that's just because the Hulk wanted to talk"

So by that rationale, the only time Hulk would lose is if he didn't fight back? Very true and I totally agree with you right there. Thanks for proving my points.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
Wow dude u must not read all of the comics because later hulk states that he was holding back on his punches and iron man is pretty muc like dang i was feeling like some big sh*t beating the hulk and then he stats i guesss the hulk still remains unbeatable. confused

Victor Von Doom
Do you read the whole comic? Or the thread for that matter.

Linkalicious
Hulk was trying to contain Iron Man, not rip him apart. Toni Starks was the one who was having a go at Banner. Hulk was still around looking for a fight at the end of the comic.

ska57

Alpha Centauri
"Come on Alpha Centauri, you're one of the people I respect most in this forum and I'd like to think of this as a friendly conversation and I'll be the one to admit that I am sorry if you took it personally at any time "

This is nothing but a debate to me. The fact is, despite your long paragraph (of which I knew all the contents already), I have comics where Hulk beats Iron-Man at his best, because he can and because he's better. It's comic canon.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
'Reed Richards calculated that the Hulk could lift a max. of 200 tons with it's size and body mass. So, in a fist fight, Iron Man would win.'

As well as that limit being ridiculous, it does not follow that the stronger fighter will win a fist fight.

SUPERMANDAMAN
200 tons?!?!?!?!? untill he gets angry.

Mane
man ive seen him lift 800 tons on a whim

Wynndar
umm....didnt mr. fixit give iron man the business one time too?

WarHulk980
Hulk... because he's beat him before he can beat 'em again. cool

hot rod
what hapen in incredible hulk 71/74? hulk vs iron? who win? tell me pleaaaaaaaase.

FistOfThe North
Hulk is just pure, brute strength and rage in the purest form to the core. Hulk would give Iron Man a heart attack.

kgkg
hulk has crushed the HUlk buster armor.

he will smach Tony stark.

hulk is one monster Tony can't mess with

FistOfThe North
I totally agree. Its almost laughable to even think up this thread.

hot rod
Ok. i understand your point, but, what hapens in hulk 71/74?
obs: for me, iron can win. hulk is fisical most strong, butt iron armor is incredible. iron could stay invisible and give one charged punch in hulk, and the giant green is in ko.

Swanky-Tuna
Hmm... was AC argueing using the Ultimates as a reference? IM's suit is like... steam powered in that. But yeah, Hulk would probably win unless Tony builds something specifically to stop him. And I must say, the Hulkbuster wasn't one of his smartest ideas.

Cosmic Cube
Ultimate Iron Man sucks. He is only as strong as Spiderman, and he can't even exceed Mach 3 in flight speed. Ultimate Hulk sucks. Instead of gamma radiation, he uses a recreated super soldier serum to transform. He can only lift 50 tons, and he doesn't get any stronger.

Ultimate everything sucks.

FistOfThe North
Iron man beating the Hulk? No. Now. Iron man and WarMachine beating the Hulk. Yes.

Arachnoidfreak
Hulk wins 11 times out of 10.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk beat the crap out of Iron-Man recently. Well, last year.

Iron-Man AND War Machine couldn't take Hulk.

-AC

FistOfThe North
I disagree Alpha. Pitting Iron Man and The Warmachine against the Hulk is a no brainer. Both are extremely intelligent and have super armor and arsenal at there diposal capped with the ability to fly with agility. Hulk can leap bounds and use brawn but he acts with instinct as he is a monster, while Iron man and War Mach. think strategically. Hulk would lose. But I digress.

Alpha Centauri
Nah he wouldn't.

Neither of them can do anything to Hulk. Iron-Man has strategised against Hulk many times before, still got whooped. War Machine is Iron-Man plus lots of missiles.

He's of no consequence.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Actually, War Machine is Iron Man minus the Uni-Beam, Repulsor Blasts, and other high tech weaponry. He uses high-efficiency mini guns and missiles. Neither of them pose a threat to the Hulk.

Swanky-Tuna
If they would quit trying to fight the King of Brute Force with brute force, they might be on to something.

FistOfThe North
Hulk is not the King of Brute Force. I wouldn't say that. I think that the Juggernaut would probably would give him a run for his money. Its why they call him Unstoppable.

Alpha Centauri
Spider-Man proved that little theory wrong didn't he?

Hulk is the king of brute force.

-AC

Cosmic Cube
Juggernaut is as "unstoppable" as Iron Man is "invincible."

Alpha Centauri
and as Hulk is "incredible"......oh wait.

-AC

FistOfThe North
But what deadlier. Being incredible, invincible, which Ironman is not, or unstoppable.

Cosmic Cube
I would say invincible.

Juggy has proven time and time again that he is not unstoppable. Most Juggernaut fans are crying about Juggernaut being "depowered." I honestly see no difference between modern Juggernaut and the past one. Neither are physically invincible, neither are unstoppable.

Alpha Centauri
He isn't unstoppable because he has been stopped many times.

Let's not turn this into Juggernaut Vs Hulk 2. We all know that Hulk owns him.

Just like he owns Iron-Man.

-AC

theflyxx
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Actually, War Machine is Iron Man minus the Uni-Beam, Repulsor Blasts, and other high tech weaponry. He uses high-efficiency mini guns and missiles.

Um, actually no.

War Machine is also armed with repulsors, pulse bolt generators, and Rhodes' model of the War Machine armor has the Unibeam.

hot rod

immortals-toyz
Ok being a new guy to the forum I am almost tempted to not say anything, but I let my better judgment slip away from me on this one.

I like both Iron Man and the Hulk. Problem I see with this pole is there wasn't enough details laid out as to which version of which universe of which period of either character we're talking about. I see some guys saying one version of Iron Man can beat one version of the Hulk and vice versa we could go on forever like that. Current Iron Man Vs. Current Hulk and NON Ultimate who would win? I say if Iron Man hit him hard and fast and got the Hulk on the ropes early before he had any time to really get mad he could possibly win, but if he left the hulk concious long enough to get angry? Pfffft please I don't even have to really go there do I?

TheKahn
Originally posted by immortals-toyz
Ok being a new guy to the forum I am almost tempted to not say anything, but I let my better judgment slip away from me on this one.

I like both Iron Man and the Hulk. Problem I see with this pole is there wasn't enough details laid out as to which version of which universe of which period of either character we're talking about. I see some guys saying one version of Iron Man can beat one version of the Hulk and vice versa we could go on forever like that. Current Iron Man Vs. Current Hulk and NON Ultimate who would win? I say if Iron Man hit him hard and fast and got the Hulk on the ropes early before he had any time to really get mad he could possibly win, but if he left the hulk concious long enough to get angry? Pfffft please I don't even have to really go there do I?

Well, welcome one and all. Feel free to join in any debate (stating your opinion or just asking a question) most people here are pretty cool and behave themselves. And put the occasional fanboy you'll run across in his or her place as need be.

Anyway, I'm going with the hulk. I think that if Tony could take out the Hulk, then he wouldn't have needed to make a special armor to use against him. Also, the Hulk has the stamina advantage. Eventually Tony would get tired while the Hulk can fight almost indefintly.

jacobo0o
iron man wins this fight
he beaten the hulk in issue 132 or something(forgot the issue number)
he also beated hulk in ironman v2
he defeated an enraged super pissed off she-hulk also

Eternity
Hulk certainly beats iron man hulk could simply thunderclap which would take ironman down and proceed to beat the hell out of him

Eternity
Here hulk takes down ironman and a few others including wonderman with a thunderclap

steverules
Who wins?

samishe
confused
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=301777&highlight=ironman

But Hulk wins anyway.

Marcus4600
^ Iron Man has owned the Hulk before without the Hulk armor. He wins.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Marcus4600
^ Iron Man has owned the Hulk before without the Hulk armor. He wins.

At this point, stating when and under what circumstances this happened would be cool. I'd love to hear about IM trashing Hulk, but I was unaware that it happened.

Also Merging...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by DigiMark007
At this point, stating when and under what circumstances this happened would be cool. I'd love to hear about IM trashing Hulk, but I was unaware that it happened.

Also Merging...

I shall take you back in time to March 1980 and issue 132 of Iron Man and a story entitled "The man who would be Hulk". In the previous issue Stark and Banner fit a pacemaker in Banner, a nod to Tonys heart probleems. The theory is simple if they can keep his pulse down, he can't become enraged. However the Gamma radiation in Banner messes up the Pacemaker and it starts increasing the rate Bruces heart is beating at causing "the change" and creating an "enraged Hulk". Yup! you heard me, it's Iron Man in the "classic armour" v an "enraged Hulk". Tony puts everything he has into one punch causing his armour to shut down but knocking the hulk out. Scott Lang has to free Tony from the armour in 133 and Bruce has the pacemaker removed whilst unconcious. This is page 27 youngsters.

Horrificus
If Iron Man makes it a mission to take down Hulk, he could possibly come up with a way.

If Hulk and Iron Man are just fighting, Hulk wins. Unfortunately.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Horrificus
If Iron Man makes it a mission to take down Hulk, he could possibly come up with a way.

If Hulk and Iron Man are just fighting, Hulk wins. Unfortunately.

smile

Horrificus
Um... then there's that.

grey fox
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
smile Originally posted by Horrificus
Um... then there's that.

That was a last ditch shot which drained all of IM's power cells completely.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by grey fox

uh huh

I shall take you back in time to March 1980 and issue 132 of Iron Man and a story entitled "The man who would be Hulk". In the previous issue Stark and Banner fit a pacemaker in Banner, a nod to Tonys heart probleems. The theory is simple if they can keep his pulse down, he can't become enraged. However the Gamma radiation in Banner messes up the Pacemaker and it starts increasing the rate Bruces heart is beating at causing "the change" and creating an "enraged Hulk". Yup! you heard me, it's Iron Man in the "classic armour" v an "enraged Hulk". Tony puts everything he has into one punch causing his armour to shut down but knocking the hulk out. Scott Lang has to free Tony from the armour in 133 and Bruce has the pacemaker removed whilst unconcious. This is page 27 youngsters.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Also Merging...

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/2826/vshulk1b3sq.jpg http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/8823/vshulk1c1tn.jpg http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9280/vshulk1d9he.jpg http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/7313/vshulk1e6yd.jpg http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/5927/vshulk1f0qc.jpg http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/7943/vshulk1g8vh.jpg http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/6175/vshulk1h1ee.jpg http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/733/vshulk1i2aj.jpg http://img448.imageshack.us/img448/1218/vshulk1j6qt.jpg

Sir Whirlysplat
And then Scott Lang does his bit smile

Tony Stark
Originally posted by grey fox

Iron Man has as good a record as anybody in MARVEL against The HULK... He has beaten him 1 on 1 more often than he has lost to him 1 on 1...

Iron Man doesn't need to just sit and trade blow for blow with him... He could but thats not the best way to do it from the get go... He would keep his distance and use his long range attacks 1st... Then after he has gotten some good shots in he could go in and trade some blows... Then go back and repeat that tactic... Most people on this site forget that Iron Man is a CL100 character himself... Without juicing up his armor any.

And NOW (THE INV IM #1-#5) with his NEW EXTREMIS armor intergraded right into his body he has supercompressed and stored the undersheath of his armor in the hollow of his bones and is wired directly into his brain... He now controls the suit with just his thoughts like it was another limb... Has grown new organs..."No bad ticker..." Has grown new ear tissue...And now sees everything on the planet and out as far into space as our satellites can go now because he sees through them... Not to mention all of his reactions times have been increased along with his all of his physical capabilities...

The other guy that took the EXTREMIS dose could run at over 300mph... and was a blur on Iron Man's computer view while in combat... And was strong enough to crumple Iron Mans armor... And not to say that Tony Stark will have of all of those new attributes too but, with all of those other things being increased in his body who knows.

I think that if Iron Man was more than a match for The HULK before (which he was with a winning record against him) his odds have gone up conciderably now.

Iron Man 7.5/10

wink

AJ4LIFE
i loved it, coodos to im

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Iron Man has as good a record as anybody in MARVEL against The HULK... He has beaten him 1 on 1 more often than he has lost to him 1 on 1...

Iron Man doesn't need to just sit and trade blow for blow with him... He could but thats not the best way to do it from the get go... He would keep his distance and use his long range attacks 1st... Then after he has gotten some good shots in he could go in and trade some blows... Then go back and repeat that tactic... Most people on this site forget that Iron Man is a CL100 character himself... Without juicing up his armor any.

And NOW (THE INV IM #1-#5) with his NEW EXTREMIS armor intergraded right into his body he has supercompressed and stored the undersheath of his armor in the hollow of his bones and is wired directly into his brain... He now controls the suit with just his thoughts like it was another limb... Has grown new organs..."No bad ticker..." Has grown new ear tissue...And now sees everything on the planet and out as far into space as our satellites can go now because he sees through them... Not to mention all of his reactions times have been increased along with his all of his physical capabilities...

The other guy that took the EXTREMIS dose could run at over 300mph... and was a blur on Iron Man's computer view while in combat... And was strong enough to crumple Iron Mans armor... And not to say that Tony Stark will have of all of those new attributes too but, with all of those other things being increased in his body who knows.

I think that if Iron Man was more than a match for The HULK before (which he was with a winning record against him) his odds have gone up conciderably now.

Iron Man 7.5/10

wink

The Best Iron Man stories were the Micheline and Layton ones of the late seventies and early eighties. They were even better than the second time they did the book. Iron man was my fave book then.

Tony Stark
The Best Iron Man stories were the Micheline and Layton ones of the late seventies and early eighties. They were even better than the second time they did the book. Iron man was my fave book then.

Your very much right they did a great job all the way through most of the time... Which as we know rarely happens.

The EXTREMIS issuses have been phenomenal also... Check it out if you haven't already... The art is just AWSOME... IMO and the storyline rocks too...

cool

Sir Whirlysplat
Your very much right they did a great job all the way through most of the time... Which as we know rarely happens.

The EXTREMIS issuses have been phenomenal also... Check it out if you haven't already... The art is just AWSOME... IMO and the storyline rocks too...

cool

They are very good, I have to agree. Iron man is easily the best mainstream Marvel character imo.

Tony Stark
They are very good, I have to agree. Iron man is easily the best mainstream Marvel character imo.

yes

I think so too...

Nice avatar...

Great movie...

I'll take one in periwinkle blue.

wink

Sir Whirlysplat
yes

I think so too...

Nice avatar...

Great movie...