Star Wars Oscar Poll: Best Actor (both sexes)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chinabing
It's Oscar time! Since we're shut out of the big show tonight, now's the chance to vote for Best Actor (both sexes) in the series.

The Oscar goes to... (I always' liked "And the winner is" better.):

Jedi Priestess
Harrison Ford hands down.

Blue450Rider
Ewan McGregor in my opinion.

aj_vader
Hayden!!! yay, i don't care what you say, hes good at what he does, plays innocent and dark (anakin n vader), and pulls it off well

but just behind him is Ian Mcdiarmid hes also very good

BOOOO!!!! NATALIE PORTMAN!!!! BOOOOO!!!! She Sucks!

Hello Friend
No Frank Oz? No James Earl Jones? You put in freaking Portman?!?!

Anyways, Alec Guiness easily.

Sith Master X
I liked Ewan McGregor the best.

AstroFan
Originally posted by aj_vader
BOOOO!!!! NATALIE PORTMAN!!!! BOOOOO!!!! She Sucks!

She was only bad in one movie.

I say Ewan. Ian was good, but didnt do much in anything other than 3 and 6.

Captain REX
I went with Guinness, but MacGregor and Ford were my other choices.

Eleonora
Carrie Fisher, definitely. Princess Leia is a role model for women and Fisher's sassy, humourous and feminine performance should have got her an Oscar.

BTW I think it's spelled "Christensen" wink I'll take this opportunity to just say that the Razzie Awards are just as political as the Oscars. And that includes having no respect for anyone related to the saga, aka Lucas's creation. miffed

Mišt
OT: Harrison Ford....no one so far has had that easy going, casual attitude on film, and still made it look as good as he did. He doesnt even make it look like he's trying.

PT: No one stands out, but I'd go with Ewan McGregor, especially for ROTS.

chinabing
I thought Mark Hamill did a fantastic job. He gave the usual role of the callow youth teeth. I don't think anyone else could have pulled off the role of Luke better than he did, (except the baby in ROTS!)

I didn't like how Ford and Fisher acted in Return of the Jedi, they looked bored and ticked off about the teddy bear people it blew their chances of getting a best actor nod. I don't think they put any worthwhile effort into that movie . . . that after the fine job they did in 'Empire' too, what a waste.

chinabing
(BTW, Frank Oz didn't act. Neither did JEJ. They did puppetry and voice-over work. It ain't the same thing.)

NoFate007
Ewan and Ian are nearly tied in my opinion.

Hello Friend
Originally posted by chinabing
(BTW, Frank Oz didn't act. Neither did JEJ. They did puppetry and voice-over work. It ain't the same thing.)

You can still get Academy Awards for V/os and puppetwork.

Hello Friend
And who the hell voted for Hayden?

Blaxican_Jedi
James Earl Jones. He was the best.

sithsaber408
For the whole saga, it goes to Ewan, barely.

Then Ian/ Alec tied for second. (with larger parts, they would have owned all others!)

Then Peter Cushing, then, I guess, Ford.

I love Han, (and Indy Jones!),.... but Harrison aint no shakespearan actor.

He's the lead in adventure movies. He's damn good at it, too.

But SLJ would own him, just look at A Time To Kill.

McCusto
It would have to be between Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor, or Ian McDiarmad.

Ronny
I voted Harrison Ford happy

Wtf? Hayden Christiansen- 2
Samuel L Jackson- 1?

thats almost as bad as 3 6 Mafia winning best song.

Stun
GUINESS HANDS DOWN!

*nominated for best supporting actor* - need i say more?no expression

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by Ronny
I voted Harrison Ford happy

Wtf? Hayden Christiansen- 2
Samuel L Jackson- 1?

thats almost as bad as 3 6 Mafia winning best song. yea and John Stewart wouldnt shut up 'bout them

i think he likes them love

lol

Ronny
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
yea and John Stewart wouldnt shut up 'bout them

i think he likes them love

lol Jon Stweart is cool! kwasny

he loves them. i bet he listens to them everynight

"oooh its hard out here for a piiimp" and hes like " oh it so is 3 6 it so is"

chinabing
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
You can still get Academy Awards for V/os and puppetwork. According to the audio commentary on TESB, Lucas did try to nominate Frank Oz for Yoda, but the academy turned him down.

Cascador
I voted for Harrison Ford...otherwise I would have voted for Ewan Mcgregor, Alec Guinnes or Christopher Lee....why isn't he on the list?

chinabing
There's only room for 10 actors.

((The_Anomaly))
Ian McDiarmid hands down. His performance in ROTS and ROTJ in particular, still rate as one of/ if not the best archetypal evil portrayal of a character I have ever seen. And his ability to play the sly, cunning senator/ chancellor were magnificent as he always had that "I know EXACTLY whats going on but am fooling all of you and I'm so gonna own all of you....in due time" feel to him in EPS I and II.

Next to Ian I'd say Ford, then prolly Ewan McGregor.

Although, as a kinda runner up I'd give best Jedi character portrayal (not including Frank Oz for Yoda) to Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon. I thought he did a spectacular job as Jinn in Eps I.

DeVi| D0do
Guiness. McDiarmid a close second.

Tangible God
President Ford all the way. Guiness light #2. 'Ol Ian tagging at third.

Red Superfly
Alec Guiness, no contest.

DarthBanevv
Harrison Ford. As someone said before he didn't look like he was trying. And he still pulled off a believable performance. Ian did great as the Emperor,so #2, he seems like an old grandfather type person in ep 1 and 2 then he shows his true evil in ROTS. He does it so well. Guinness tied with Ian for 2nd he does his job well, as a mentor. And he tells Luke everything so seriously, it's so believable. He tells Luke the events of the prequels and for people before TPM came out, were really going on what he said. It built up anticipation, for me anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.