Spider Man Runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Erebus
1)Batman
2)Captain America
3)Mr Fantastic
4)Electro
5)Thing
6)She Hulk
7)Wonder Woman
8)Gladiator

DigiMark007
He really has no way to beat Reed. He'd probably manage to beat Electro, like he always does, then he'd have to get lucky as sin to beat Thing and She-Hulk....those are slightly possible but it's kind of a "1/10" scenario.

But that's a moot point. He stops at Reed.

Pepito
Stops at Thing

Black Adam
Stops at reed.

TheKahn
Originally posted by DigiMark007
He really has no way to beat Reed. He'd probably manage to beat Electro, like he always does, then he'd have to get lucky as sin to beat Thing and She-Hulk....those are slightly possible but it's kind of a "1/10" scenario.

But that's a moot point. He stops at Reed.

^^^ smart yes

grey fox
SNIKT , he takes out reed.

The Ion
Stops at Batman shifty

TheKahn
Originally posted by grey fox
SNIKT , he takes out reed.

I think fox is channeling the spirit of wolverine8888 angel
wink

grey fox
Originally posted by TheKahn
I think fox is channeling the spirit of wolverine8888 angel
wink

Wolverine......kills.....god.........*Slaps self until i stop spouting crap*

Night guy's big grin

TheKahn
Night fox.

Batman would have a shot, but assuming its current spiderman with his latest upgrades and iron spidey armor I think he should be able to beat Bats in the majority of fights.

Next Venom_girl
Stops at She-Hulk. He's taken out the Thing before...
(From the 2003 Venom series)
Spider-man: I won't let you kill him.
Thing: What are you gonna do about it--- HEY!!!
*Spider-man pick sup the Thing and throws him off the top of the Four Freedoms Tower before he can even react.*
Sue Storm: Ben!!!
Spider-man: You ARE going to catch him, right?

golden surfer
Old Spider-man stops at reed. New and improved Spider-man probly stops at the thing.

Sixth_Winged
Stops at thing. He may probably stop at Reed too but maybe the webbing could help out a bit if he totally sprayed it out all over.

Dark-Kenshin
He has taken out She hulk as well. But yeah, it pretty much stops at reed, especially if reed has time to prepare.

Sixth_Winged
Actually even without prep, it should stop at him because he's almost invulnerable to physical force and can bulk his body to thing proportions making him as strong as him.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TheKahn
Batman would have a shot, but assuming its current spiderman with his latest upgrades and iron spidey armor I think he should be able to beat Bats in the majority of fights.

laughing out loud

I LOVE the respect Bats gets around here. Even before any sort of upgrades and/or new costumes, Spider-Man was beating guys that are WAY out of Batman's league (and no, I'm not talking about FL...Spidey's punked enough people that my case is bulletproof even without him). And Bats is, what?...an in-shape human with some fighting skills and gadgets?

The people that think this would ever be a good fight are the same people that insist Superman should be fighting Hulk for a good matchup.

But at least Kahn and I are in agreement that Spidey stops at Reed. Didn't want you to think I was badmouthing you bud. smile

-DM

Joker1237
IF Spiderman gets pass the Bat. He may make it to Wonder Woman.

TheKahn
laughing out loud

I LOVE the respect Bats gets around here. Even before any sort of upgrades and/or new costumes, Spider-Man was beating guys that are WAY out of Batman's league (and no, I'm not talking about FL...Spidey's punked enough people that my case is bulletproof even without him). And Bats is, what?...an in-shape human with some fighting skills and gadgets?

The people that think this would ever be a good fight are the same people that insist Superman should be fighting Hulk for a good matchup.

But at least Kahn and I are in agreement that Spidey stops at Reed. Didn't want you to think I was badmouthing you bud. smile

-DM

Not a problem at all. big grin
Anybody whoes been around here for long knows your not that kind of guy. As to why I think Batman might give Spidey a challenge (even when Spidey is clearly physically superior), its because to me Batman has the advantage that Spidey normally has: Bats is smarter.

Now I'm not talking about intellegnce as to science or techology, but in terms of fighting and stragety (as apposed to having superior powers as Starfire). I can't help of thinking of Kraven's Last Hunt where Kraven could have killed Spidey if he had wanted to. Imo Bats brains, skills, and experience helps to even out the scales. Just as Deathstroke sometimes displays.

Its easy to dismiss Bats because of all the fanboys who claim he can do just about anything, but when you think about it the guy can be really dangerous even against physically superior opponents (just like Cap. America).

Also his body armor and wide array of gadgets (espically the knock out gas) could give him a wide range of possible attacks. Against classic Spidey I would say it would be close (slight edge to spidey) but with his new upgrades and new suit (which also filters the air he breathes) I would think Spidey would take a majority. But it wouldn't be easy.

DigiMark007
Agreed. I forgot how good Bat-God can be with prep and gadetry sometimes. laughing out loud

TheKahn
Agreed. I forgot how good Bat-God can be with prep and gadetry sometimes. laughing out loud

Yeah, sometimes I think that popularity can be detrimental to characters. Its hard not to lose respect or interests in someone when fanboys, and sometimes writers, decide to exaggerate their abilities to ridiculous levels and put them in impossible situations (see Wolverine). Something key to the character seems to get lost, and its usually what make the character appealing in the first place sad

leonidas
it's possible he makes it to ww. reed gets loads of resect around here, but fact is, reed has lost quite a few fights. while his body is almost invulnerable, he can still be concussed and ko'd. he'd have a hard time coralling spidey. spidey just needs to web his mouth and eyes and nose than lay the lumber to his head. i've seen it happen many times before.

he could take out ben and shulk, but i don't think i'd give him a majority over either.

Ex11B
he gets to she hulk...

Dark-Kenshin
There have been so many times when Joker has had the chance to kill Batman, but ended up pulling a Dr. Evil on him.

Also, Batman should have died during that time Bane lured him, and faced him while he was completely exhausted.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.