Ryu Vs. Ryo Sakazaki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

brainchild81
Who'd win? Ryu or Ryo Sakazaki

Sixth_Winged
short answer; Ryu

SaTsuJiN
card info?... since terry beats ryo.. I dont think ryo can defeat ryu.. although thats debatable since there are many incarnations of ryo...
but perhaps some cardgame info can clear it up

brainchild81
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
short answer; Ryu Puffy says Vote or die.

Reptile_Master
Ryu

Snake_15
Yep Ryu

brainchild81
Who voted for Ryo? Own up to it. I'd like to hear why. Maybe there's something 'bout him I don't know.

SaTsuJiN
actually.. saying "ryu" is just as bad as saying "ryo", with no further explanation... what versions are we talking about ?

y'all know how fighting game companies are.. they arent satisfied with a concrete version of their characters

brainchild81
The person didn't say Ryo though, they just voted and left. You can use the story versions if you want. Ryu'd win. Since Ryo hasn't beaten anybody impressive in a loooooong time. For those who have faith in those old card games, Ryu is ranked higher.

SaTsuJiN
mmkay.. so therefore , the obviousness of ryu's ability to prevail over ryo was long known before you've created this thread, I take it?

brainchild81
That was lame the 1st time you tried it. It's even lamer now SaT. I make these threads to hear other people's opinions(That's what people do on forums you know embarrasment . It's quite obvious. That's why I putOriginally posted by brainchild81
Who voted for Ryo? Own up to it. I'd like to hear why. Maybe there's something 'bout him I don't know. You only make yourself look silly when you do this SaT. Please stop. It's pointless you know.

SaTsuJiN
no more pointless than making threads about two unevenly powered fighters smile

opinions are nice.. but they are invalid when it comes to weighing the numerical value of both fighters in question

when someone asks "who wins".. there 'must' be a victor right?.. we cant just blab for 100 pages with no solution.. thats just wasting time

Originally posted by brainchild81
You only make yourself look silly when you do this SaT. Please stop. It's pointless you know.

actually.. I didnt vote on this nonsense.. I can easily screenshot to prove it smile

brainchild81
But it's a matter of opinion. Some think Ryo is equal to Terry & some think Terry is equal to Ryu. What amazes me is that you continue to post here even though you think this is pointlesslaughing. Why are you even here?Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

actually.. I didnt vote on this nonsense.. I can easily screenshot to prove it smile I never said you did genius. That's to show you that I'm here to hear opinions. It obviously went waaay over your headsmile Your reading comprehension is low. Work on that.

JacopeX
I vote for ryu, I also wanna see Ken fight Ryo

brainchild81
Good idea. You should make a thread JX.

SaTsuJiN
I never said you did genius. That's to show you that I'm here to hear opinions. It obviously went waaay over your headsmile Your reading comprehension is low. Work on that. actually.. quoting yourself saying who voted on ryo... and then saying that I'm being silly.. is implying that I voted for ryo.. you probably need to work on english, as its probably not your first language

Verbatim what you have done :

Who voted for Ryo? Own up to it. I'd like to hear why. Maybe there's something 'bout him I don't know.
You only make yourself look silly when you do this SaT. Please stop. It's pointless you know.

if you did not wish to make a correlation between the two statements (leading to an implication) , you should not have grouped them in such close proximity.. smile

SaTsuJiN
S020 Ryo
BP: 900
SP: 2
Backup: Robert
Helps: Robert, Yuri, Mr.Karate, guy, Takato, Rob Python, Dan, Makoto
Spirit Surge
Discard 1 AC card from hand to gain 1 SP for each card left in hand.
(****) A high BP should instantly turn your head. Too bad Ryo has only one
back-up, and he's a waste as a back-up. His special ability can give
you some extra SP which might be helpful, but it's more potent if you
have a Dregs & Last Resort combo (which will turn your entire deck
into your discard into your hand).

C001 Ryu
BP: 1000
SP: 3
Backup: Ken, Terry
Helps: Oro, Terry
Shinku Hadoken
Discard 1 AC from hand. Do 500 damage to any one character.
(****) Strong BP, good SP, and if he's weakened, tapping him to do 500
damage (after discarding an AC) is a kick-ass bonus.

Facts... happy

brainchild81
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
actually.. quoting yourself saying who voted on ryo... and then saying that I'm being silly.. is implying that I voted for ryo.. you probably need to work on english, as its probably not your first language

Verbatim what you have done :

if you did not wish to make a correlation between the two statements (leading to an implication) , you should not have grouped them in such close proximity.. smile You misunderstand. You focused on a small part of the quote. Originally posted by brainchild81
I'd like to hear why. Maybe there's something 'bout him I don't know. was what you should've focused on. That shows I'm here to hear other's opinions. That's where the reading comprehension comes insmile. When I said Originally posted by brainchild81
You only make yourself look silly when you do this SaT. Please stop. It's pointless you know. I was refering to you assuming I made this for Ryo to lose the same way you assumed I made one for Terry to lose in my Iori VS Terry thread. You always seem to assume the wrong things. That's why I said you make yourself look silly. You're still posting here even though you said the thread was pointless. Amazing embarrasment You're welcomed to stay here, but most smart people stay out of threads they think are pointless.

SaTsuJiN
well.. the fact that you've stated you prefer to hear facts in the iori thread, yet now prefer to hear opinions suddenly, has enthralled me to see what opinion can possibly sway the tide in such an overpowered match smile

carrotgl4z3
Anatsuken vs Kyokogenryu...??? What's their difference? i mean their Martial Arts... I already voted Ryu...

brainchild81
well.. the fact that you've stated you prefer to hear facts in the iori thread, yet now prefer to hear opinions suddenly, has enthralled me to see what opinion can possibly sway the tide in such an overpowered match smile laughing Another example of that lack of comprehnsion you have. Look over the Iori thread and you see how you're wrong again. I didn't want to hear YOUR opinion on the quality of the CVS: Chaos books because you hadn't seen 'em and thus didn't have enough facts on the books to have a valid opinion on them. Again I am right and you are wrong. It's becoming routine ain't it.laughing

SaTsuJiN
lol, if it helps you sleep at night.. whatever you say smile

you wanted 'facts' in iori yagami thread..

now you want 'opinions' on ryo...

this alone makes you a less credible person to discuss versus matters with, as facts determine victors.. all the opinions in the world cannot change that..

shame the only way this thread retains its float is from you feeling witty.. have fun bumping smile

and btw.. you should stick to making balanced fights.. Iori vs terry was ok.. but this battle has just as much to debate about if one were to pit iori up against a barbie doll happy

brainchild81
lol, if it helps you sleep at night.. whatever you say smile

you wanted 'facts' in iori yagami thread..

now you want 'opinions' on ryo...

this alone makes you a less credible person to discuss versus matters with, as facts determine victors.. all the opinions in the world cannot change that..

shame the only way this thread retains its float is from you feeling witty.. have fun bumping smile

and btw.. you should stick to making balanced fights.. Iori vs terry was ok.. but this battle has just as much to debate about if one were to pit iori up against a barbie doll happy laughing You are again showing nothing more then a lack of comprehension. There has been nothing printed from me that shows that I have something against facts or opinions. If you have any actual quotes from me stating otherwise, put 'em up for everybody to see. Otherwise, you just look like a person who's still bitter over being called on his own incorrect, ignorance filled assumptions about a book you hadn't readsmile

and think about the writing.. vega.. who's supposed to be one of the upper tier of bisons cronies, is suddenly going to decide that saving terry is the right thing to do?.. gimme a break... in this case it has nothing to do with assumption..See, that was you. Instead of asking for more info about the story or, god forbid, actually seeing the book for yourself, you just ran off @ the mouth and proved I was right about the value of your opinion on that book. It's almost as if you were trying to look foolish.

It has everything to do with assumption. You assume Vega just saved him and again you're wrong. Bison told him to save him if I remember right. Bison wanted him so he could test out O.Iori. That right there proves that you lack enough knowledge of the material to make a sound judgment. Thanks for proving me right.
That was my response to your wasteful rant. I like facts and opinions, but when I see an opinion made by someone who has zero validity in his opinion on something(I.E., simply not knowing what the hell he's talking about and acting as if he does, like you werelaughing ), I'm going to let them know why their opinion is invalid. I was knocking YOUR opinion on the book that you hadn't read, not opinions in general. embarrasment. & you downrate MY credibility!?hysterical My original intention was to correct you, not insult you. Don't be mad. Let it die. You say Iori Vs. Terry was OK, but you also said something about me creating that just for Terry to loseembarrasment

Many people here(including myself) don't care about the outdated card games. Some think that Ryo = Terry & Terry = Ryu. This thread isn't as unbalanced as you make it seem. If you really think this thread is pointless, you shouldn't have posted more than once here. It's not about me feeling witty. It's about you being wrong damned near all the time and making me look witty by comparisonhysterical

2D_MASTER
Brainchild and Sats, please stop bickering like two little school girls. You both agree that Ryu would kick Ryo's dumb ass. So please stop wasting space trying to make each other cry. Please
Anyways back to the topic. Ryo would lose coz he is a arrogant prick. He would underestimate Ryu, then lose and change his name from "the invincible dragon" to the "weeping *****".

brainchild81
He started it!!!!!!!!!smile It is getting tiresome though. I'll stop. I do think Ryo has too much faith in Kyokugenryu Karate though.

EkinEku
ryo is my guy, but ryu would beat the breaks off of his ass lol, now robert or takuma especially in mr. karate form is a whole different potatoe, but ryo? hell no

SilentNinja
Will anyone like to hear my opinion on the two karate fighters perpective? Trust me, you'll believe I've been around these two characters for years only Ryo is FAR MORE BETTER than Ryu will ever be in his own fate.

Capcom will never want to push Ryu any farther for his character changes which Ryo have been redone over the years and still Ryu remains to be a boring character that Capcom continue milking their posterboy sadly for years and years only the UDON comics represent Ryu the best.

I'm a former Ryu fan, so lets get down to business here. Several current Ryu fans and Capcom zombies alike had misinterpret the Shotokan prodigy horribly and had seen through his character correctly. Ryu is NOT invincible as some see in him. Ryo on the other hand, I'll tell you alot about Ryo right after I get some answers to anyone who like to hear me out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

brainchild81
Feel free to drop some knowledge on us.

SaTsuJiN
I'll tell you alot about Ryo right after I get some answers to anyone who like to hear me out

if you had info on ryo.. why wouldnt you just dish it out in the same post? no expression

also, how does 'ryu not changing' over the years reflect his power level, and ultimately his potential, as a character?

as for the entire subject matter of your post..I would love to hear how Ryo can defeat Ryu happy

SilentNinja
I'll tell you alot about Ryo right after I get some answers to anyone who like to hear me out

if you had info on ryo.. why wouldnt you just dish it out in the same post? no expression

also, how does 'ryu not changing' over the years reflect his power level, and ultimately his potential, as a character?

as for the entire subject matter of your post..I would love to hear how Ryo can defeat Ryu happy
I didn't want my previous post to be long and drastically dull. Over the years Ryu is just learning to resist the uncontrolable method of the dark hadou that cursed his will to improve his abilities as a true martial artists. You do know Ryu hates the dark hadou and dark hadou corrupts his will to fight fairly and not cheat.

Let me ask you something, do you believe Ryu can defeat Ryo without conciliating his efforts with the dark hadou? Because if you do believe so, then Ryo will put this fight in a vulerablely prolonged one which brings out the worst in Ryu's intention to fight his all.

As much as I like the two, it will be unfair for Ryu fans to see the man defeated by his would have been doppleganger. I don't care if you call Ryo Sakazaki a Ryu clone, but aside from sharing Ryu's discipline, Ryo was created to ground up by something the Ryu creator was rejected from Capcom to changing Ryu into a better likable character instead of being protrayed boring. However, Ryu is still and far most the best fighting game main character. Ryo is a better fighter(Don't let his KOF inaccurate perpective spoil you) made with better philosophy to fighting in order to innovate limitless potential exceeding his style as the best. Quite opposite to Terry fighting to become the strongest and best fighter in the world. Ryo is a practical joker, but he's something that capcom and Dan fans will never come to realize his creation clearly. Embarrass the best Ryu clone, but he's a better kind.

Ryo will beat Ryu if he feels like using the rest of his moves that he taught and collibrate with his family and friends(Much like how Ryu parodized in SF2 V anime) Ryo doesn't call himself Mr. Karate just to be turned into an evil incarnation amusingly. It's really Ryo Sakazaki with everything he got and the Air Haohshoken and perfect Kyokugen Ougi.

Ryu's power level does increase dramatically as he progress, because the one move he taught alone is the Shin Sho Ryu Ken, one of the best Street Fighter supers and the arsenal rival to Akuma(Gouki) Shun Goku Satsu? This is a minority due to Capcom's ignorant of milking Ryu for years and years while SNK(Before they got bankrupted) Gave Ryo more personality the reflects him interesting, fun, and important to Terry's journey as the best fighter in the world and Ryo's style as the best martial art in the world.

Ryu is not fighting in the same boat as Ryo. He's not learning shotokan(or Ansatsuken for japanese canon) to make the style be the best, he's fighting for survival of the art's greatest endangerment and curse, which Akuma continues to make a bad name of it. The last wish of a dying man, his master, his father Gouken. I still represent the man and the original himself Ryu, but I like Ryo better and will sadly be greater in successfully winning the fight against Mr. Fight is All himself.

Oh by the way, I'm a Sean fan. Sean is sharing the same fate as Ryu from the dark hadou curse in SF3, why else is Akuma looking into Sean now that Ryu today finally manage to deal with the curse? big grin Sean still addicted to learning more everyday to defeat Ryu which might end up awaken that deadly side effect of the fighiting style he learn from Ken.

Ryu vs Ryo, two karate fighters, one I formerly was a fan of and the other I current still a fan of. Two karate fighters, may the best karate fighter win.(Decisively Ryo imo)

You want Ryu to beat Ryo by turning into the dark hadou? Then you're putting him in a shame. Sad Ryu fans today are spoiled of the Evil Ryu incarnation that is NOT him..... sad just look at the biased poll....

SilentNinja
I must add some small history of Ryo, he took a job working a construction site at a very very young age and got into some fights with opponents very older than him. The only way to survive the streets of Southtown while his father was wandering and his mother gone. He's still helping Yuri the best he can while the Garcia family with Robert supports very little with the two.

SaTsuJiN
so then Mr. Karate is Ryo at his limit... which shows that his "ougi" isnt limitless in the end..

I may be misunderstanding.. but it seems like all you're alluding to is that this may become a fight between dark hadou ryu and mr. karate ryo?.. we're focusing only on the regular incarnations of each character

also, in order to 'survive' you have to use your particular art to its fullest... which attributes ryu's learning of new techniques in his latest outing of SF3:3rd strike

I dont dislike ryo at all, nor feel as if he's ryu's doppleganger (thats too capcom fanboy'ish for me).. but I'm basing my opinion solely on card battle numbers and my experience with both characters in the actual fighting games

in my opinion, neither character has hit their limit yet (in their regular state).. its just that developers try to abuse the 'tried and true' formula of not fixing what isnt broken

brainchild81

I dont dislike ryo at all, nor feel as if he's ryu's doppleganger (thats too capcom fanboy'ish for me).. laughing You honestly don't think he was inspired by Ryu/Ken? not even a little bit? no "similarities' @ all? Ryo seem like a totally original character design to you?

SaTsuJiN
well.. can you honestly put a copywright on a karate uniform?..
as for techniques.. theres really only so many ways to kick and punch

I find him especially original in KoF 96 when he actually adopted more realistic fighting animations.. his fighting stance has since been awesome

I find Zanretsuken and HaoShoKouKen to be some of the most original techs in a fighting game... then of course are the super arts (which could include haoshokouken) ..plus I enjoy SNK's Joystick movements for some of the super arts.. I remember when crackshot used to be down to back to up-angle.. those were pretty fun

not to mention the very first art of fighting played very different from street fighter 2.. i.e. you could do different wall attacks.. and fireballs were destroyable with a punch..there was also the 'ki' bar.. that you couldnt perform special moves without..(very great idea imo.. prevents abusing of hadoken type nonsense).. its just that the latter became more popular

I dont recall ryo even having an uppercut until KoF series.. I could be wrong though

brainchild81
I think you are wrong about the uppercut, but if you're right, that makes it even worse for SNK. It's like they didn't think he was enough like Ryu so the gave him a fake dragon punch. Bad enough he already had a very similar fighting style(flying kick move---check. fireball-----check, back roll toss----check), a rich friend with more personality(remind you of someone), a similar name(one letter difference), a similar costume(sleeveless gi is only meant for Ansatsuken fighterslaughing ), and similar work ethic. Come on. The dude looks like Ken and acts like Ryu. When SNK actually tries being original with the design of characters, they do a great job most of the time(Iori, Kyo, Geese, Terry, Mai, Blue Mary, etc.). They were NOT going for originality when they made Ryo

From wikipedia
After the released and success of Street Fighter II , rival video game company SNK created a game known in English as Art of Fighting. The principal character of this series, Ryo Sakazaki, bore a striking resemblance in appearance, fighting style, and name to Ryu of Street Fighter. When Capcom developed Street Figher Alpha, Ryo continued to be recreated in the King of Fighters game series. Therefore, in Street Fighter Alpha, Dan was created as a parody of Ryo and Robert Garcia, another character from AoF and KoF.

SaTsuJiN
didnt wikipedia also give 'user entered' information about he-man?.. something about skeletor calling him a poopy head...penny arcade did a comic about it

most of the moves you've described him ripping off cant be copywritten.. the way the techniques are executed is what makes them interesting and stylish (and, ultimately, copywritten).. ryo's fireballs dont cross the screen anymore.. so its more like a flash punch.. jin seppu(senpuu?) kyaku only ever did 2 hits in the whole time its been in use.. thus I dont consider them ripoffs

honestly if we wanted to go far enough with this.. everyone is a ripoff.. they all have "Projectile" (hadouken, power wave, kioken etc) "Dashing / Advance Move" (burn knuckle, tatsumaki senpuu kyaku, spinning bird kick etc) "Anti-Air" (shoryuken , flash kick , rising tackle , power dunk etc) right?.. noone has reinvented that aspect.. and probably wont... but the difference for me is the way that that particular skill is used.. but I agree that the rising dragon punch is capcoms.. still.. whats Kyo's / Iori's excuse?.. his is burning and it spins.. thats the only difference.. so thats why I cant really spend my time harping on Ryo's "Doppleganger"ness messed

brainchild81
Not everyone is a ripoff. You'll hardly ever hear that about SNKs other stars. Terry, Iori, Kyo all send projectiles across the ground. Rising tackle is cool looking and unique. As you said Iori/Kyo burn & spin which is also cool. These anti-air moves have personality to them. Ryo's just didn't. They were imitations. That part you wrote about his kyaku has a ring of truth to it though. They've done a good job making him more diverse recently w/the DVD and the flash punch thing. I still agree that Ryu'd beat his @$$ though. S.Ninja still hasn't put anything convincing up. No one but him has even mentioned E.Ryu to my knowledge. Normal Ryu KOs normal Ryo.

shin_remy
snk made a lot of characters around the same lvl

iori,
kyo
terry
ryo
K'

and a few others.. i don't think that Ryu can win from Ryo so easily.. even i also think that he is a rip off from Ken and Ryu

Back in the days

a saw.. Terry(american) rival to Ryo (japanese)

like Ken(american) rival to Ryu (japanese)

i don't know what Ryo is doing last days but i know that ryu is training hard with Oro... and i think that helps Ryu to his victory over Ryo ( and also Terry)

have Ryo won a battle from Terry???

brainchild81
According to P-Geyser he has in the HK comics Originally posted by P-Geyser

The only two matches that Terry did not lose for a dumbass reasons is when he fought Ryo and K". Ofcourse the HK baised writers had Terry lose but Terry fought K' and Ryo the way he would have. He gave Ryo and K' a hard time. If Ryu >>>>>Ryo & Ryo > Terry, doesn't that make Ryu>>>>>>Terry?

2D_MASTER
According to P-Geyser he has in the HK comics If Ryu >>>>>Ryo & Ryo > Terry, doesn't that make Ryu>>>>>>Terry?

Well, Terry losesing to Ryo and K' is NOT cannon. And RYu has not been said to be stronger than Ryu, though many people (like me) think so. But since you like using inequalities: In SF III Ken>Ryu and Ken seems to rival Terry so RYU < TERRY. I think personally think they (ryu and terry) are equals.

2D_MASTER
"And RYu has not been said to be stronger than Ryo " sorry, but thats what i meant.

P-Geyser
According to P-Geyser he has in the HK comics If Ryu >>>>>Ryo & Ryo > Terry, doesn't that make Ryu>>>>>>Terry?

As I said those HK comics were BAISED to a T. Though I have stated I have a KOF 94 Manga were Terry defeats Kyo...and he defeats Ryo but The Japenese Manga did it were Ryo and Kyo lost respectfully unlike the people in HK.

SilentNinja
Brainy, don't you realize by now that uppercuts, projectiles and everything else is all the basic of creating a fighitng game character? You're just spewing alot of things on the minority. I think Satsujin already nailed it down.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by SilentNinja
Brainy, don't you realize by now that uppercuts, projectiles and everything else is all the basic of creating a fighitng game character? You're just spewing alot of things on the minority. I think Satsujin already nailed it down.

Yeah I have to agree. What Silentninja is discussing on is normal Ryu vs normal Ryo by the way.

SilentNinja
So far, Ryo been enterting Buriki One tournaments as the story goes by accurately. Ryu training with Oro of course.

brainchild81
Originally posted by SilentNinja
Brainy, don't you realize by now that uppercuts, projectiles and everything else is all the basic of creating a fighitng game character? You're just spewing alot of things on the minority. I think Satsujin already nailed it down. I don't mind being on the minority. I'd probably hate it if everybody agreed w/me.smile Not all characters have uppercuts & projectiles though. Ryo's designers could've spiced things up a little though. Like they did w/Kyo/Iori/Terry. It's not just the moves that make Ryo a ripoff. What about the name and look? Iori/Kyo/Terry don't wear gi, their names don't have a vowel after a "Ry" either. Terry doesn't even use an uppecut. Am I really the only one here who thinks Ryo is a ripoff? Or @ least started off as one? Ya'll realize why Dan was created?Originally posted by P-Geyser
Yeah I have to agree. What Silentninja is discussing on is normal Ryu vs normal Ryo by the way. Why'd he bring up E.Ryu and Mr.Karate then? I didn't. SaT didn't.

Darkstorm Zero
Comparing different forms of the same character (The latest Mr Karate is Ryo, not Takuma... stick out tongue )

brainchild81
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Well, Terry losesing to Ryo and K' is NOT cannon. And RYu has not been said to be stronger than Ryu, though many people (like me) think so. But since you like using inequalities: In SF III Ken>Ryu and Ken seems to rival Terry so RYU < TERRY. I think personally think they (ryu and terry) are equals. I don't agree, but I'll defend to the death your right to say thatsmile. I think Terry'd give Ken or Ryu a hard way to go every time, but still lose. They put both Ryu & Ken against people who'd give them a good fight, but still lose. Rock's got the potential to beat them though. Someday. That movie got me thinking they might wise up and focus on him more. Rock > Terry IMO. Neo Deadly Rave rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaTsuJiN
I didnt really recieve the impression that Ryo and Terry were akin to Ryu and Ken... cuz they never crossed paths except for Fatal Fury : Special.. which was like an upgraded fatal fury 2.. then of course you have the KoFs

Darkstorm Zero
Imo, I thing Ryu currently wins the contest at hand, simply because he has more experience, and far less distractions (No family or Robert to continually interrupt him) and he doesn't spend time worrying about his family and friends

SaTsuJiN
That movie got me thinking they might wise up and focus on him more.

you mean "another day" series?.. I think terry having trained him gave him a big skill boost that he wouldnt otherwise have

and I sketched ryo in ballpoint pen embarrasment

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8619/ryo10wm.jpg

2D_MASTER
I don't agree, but I'll defend to the death your right to say thatsmile. I think Terry'd give Ken or Ryu a hard way to go every time, but still lose. They put both Ryu & Ken against people who'd give them a good fight, but still lose. Rock's got the potential to beat them though. Someday. That movie got me thinking they might wise up and focus on him more. Rock > Terry IMO. Neo Deadly Rave rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry never lost to Rock, according to Garou. the two were Semi finalist. Rock was keeping up with Terry and then they interupted by Grant. Terry chose to fight Grant so Rock could fight Kain (who Rock needed to be at full power to defeat), and find out about his mother,
Anyways I agree Brainchild, The Neo Deadly rave does kick tons of ass. But dont forget that Terry has his own Neo deadly rave, with a busterwolf to finish (Rising Beat), what a versatile bastard. And of course Rock will be ONE BAD MOFO if he can keep up with Terry at age 16!

Darkstorm Zero
I gotta say, why is Terry popping up inevery thread Ryu is in?

It's getting to the point where we can no longer discuss a character without bringing in another 3 or more others that have no bearing on the fight at hand...

SaTsuJiN
I think thats mostly due to the fact that everyone here so far has stated their opinion and voted already... now we're just wading through the aftermath or possible newcomers to share ideas

P-Geyser
I don't agree, but I'll defend to the death your right to say thatsmile. I think Terry'd give Ken or Ryu a hard way to go every time, but still lose. They put both Ryu & Ken against people who'd give them a good fight, but still lose. Rock's got the potential to beat them though. Someday. That movie got me thinking they might wise up and focus on him more. Rock > Terry IMO. Neo Deadly Rave rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry but I will have to disagree there. Terry I think will deafeat Ken and in Ryu's case, as I said it can go back and Fourth Ryu may win or Terry may win. If Rock "has" the potentional to beat then this most definatley the case for Terry.

brainchild81
Don't be sorry. You've got a right to your opinion. The thing about Rock is HE'S A F**KING BEAST. Dude's on Terry's level and he can't even drink, vote, or buy porn yet. According to GarouMOTW, that was his 1st tournament ever and look how good he is w/a bunch of training and zero combat experience. Dude's got nowhere to go but up, whereas Terry's best days are behind him IMO.

P-Geyser
Don't be sorry. You've got a right to your opinion. The thing about Rock is HE'S A F**KING BEAST. Dude's on Terry's level and he can't even drink, vote, or buy porn yet. According to GarouMOTW, that was his 1st tournament ever and look how good he is w/a bunch of training and zero combat experience. Dude's got nowhere to go but up, whereas Terry's best days are behind him IMO.

Yeah Rock is a beast. Though I dont think Terry's best days are behind him. The problem is Playmore seems to not want to continue the story of Rock which sucks so we will not know how far Rock has progressed. If they put Rock in KOF forget it.

dvampire
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Imo, I thing Ryu currently wins the contest at hand, simply because he has more experience, and far less distractions (No family or Robert to continually interrupt him) and he doesn't spend time worrying about his family and friends

Isn't Ryo older?

Darkstorm Zero
No, Ryu is older. his game was released first, and in sf3 he's shown to be older.

the Darkone
Ryu wins 7/10

olympian

Sure. First "KOF" champ if going by the original storyline. Defeated Mr Karate and Geese Howard, more offensive game than Ryu and overall i like him the best.

The version im using its obviously the original one whos is at least 10 years older than Terry and is currently if going by the late games of the francise been taking the mantle of the new Mr Karate.

Major Snafu
Ryu would Shinshoryuken Ryo into oblivion, then go after Yuri for ripping off Ansatsuken's moves.

TricksterPriest
I'll 2nd that motion. smile Ryo is pretty much outclassed in this fight. The Haoushokoken gets beat by the shinku Hadoken in CVS2. Tested it myself. The Ryuko ranbu is powerful, but would get trapped by the shinku tatsumaki. And the tenchi haou punch would fail against the shin shoryuken. The tenchi haou btw, does not connect at point blank range. The punch goes through the opponent and misses despite passing by their head most of the time. What the f**k? Ryu takes this one.

Major Snafu
Ryu finds Yuri.

Ryu: Steal Ansatsuken's moves, will ya? Shinshoryuken!

KRACK! KA-POW!

Yuri: Otousan, gomen!

THUD.

brainchild81
Originally posted by olympian
Sure. First "KOF" champ if going by the original storyline. Defeated Mr Karate and Geese Howard, more offensive game than Ryu and overall i like him the best.

The version im using its obviously the original one whos is at least 10 years older than Terry and is currently if going by the late games of the francise been taking the mantle of the new Mr Karate. When did he beat Geese?

brainchild81
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The tenchi haou btw, does not connect at point blank range. The punch goes through the opponent and misses despite passing by their head most of the time. :wtf Just goes to show how sloppy his style is smile

olympian
When did he beat Geese?
Art of Figthing 2.

Sado22
I said Ryo. I'll explain too:

-Ryo has one move that takes as much as shin sho ryu ken if timed right. And when that isn't bad enough it even leaves the opponent graugy for further attacks.
-Ryo's haoh-shiko-ken is like 5 times Ryu's shinkuu hadouken and WAY faster. its like a brick wall rushing at you.
-Ryo has more than 3 moves. zanretsuzan, the jumping karate chop a a few more. more variety. Ryu has no variation in his moves. same old stuff that Ryo is OH SO familiar with. he has moves that Ryu's NEVER seen.
-his throws are deadlier (reverse valley drop will hurt like hell, folks)
-Ryo is faster if not also stronger. but definitly faster. compare their speeds in the VS series.
-his Ryokorenbu is like a blur and before you know it he's in front of you.
-Ken is similar to Ryo in some respects and Ken DID defeat Ryu on two occassions.

Sado22
don't compare "in game" with reality dude.

also shin-sho-ryu-ken is 3 hits. Ryo's big punch is one hit. not to mention the fact that Ryu's shinshoryuken is over rated like hell by the SF fanboys and girls. Shinshoryuken, canonwise, couldn't even topple Hugo....hugo that loser from Final Fight.

he beat a very young Geese though. Geese was almost as old as Ryo himself so wasn't really a great feet since Geese was not even half as strong then.
Notice also how Geese is more or less unconcerned about Ryo.

olympian
Trying to compare in game stuff is pretty pointless, since you can beat any character with...any character. Even with that if we use the in game abilities Ryo does posses more versability. Easily.

About Geese. I think the feat its accordingly myself. Young Geese was good enough at the time to defeat Jeff Bogard. Ryo was good enough to defeat Mr Karate and Big. They both gotten stronger in the actual timeline.

Geese was older tho. In the AOF days Ryo he was in his 20`s.

olympian
"In the AOF days, Ryo was in his 20`s".

Sado22
err sorry but...you talkin to me?sad
well if you are i wasn't actually comparing them in game...i was just mentioning that shinshoryuken IS in fact a 3 hit move (elbow, punch, shoryuken) while ichigekihisastsu (as the name would suggest) is a "deadly one hit".

Geese was 26 during AoF 2....though how a 26 would become a police comissioner is beyond me. but heck, its a game so who cares.
Big is by no means equal to Geese that is why he always tried to take out Geese by shooting him or otherwise. he knows he can't beat him one-on-one....though i am not taking away anything from Ryo. In fact him beating Mr. Karate itself is commendable to the max since M.K is a real *****. props for the "invincible dragon".

Love & Peace.
~Sado.

Darkstorm Zero
Oh boy... Hugo is no pushover in terms of physical durability.... Your perspective is this, "Ryu couldn't KO Hugo in a single hit therefore Ryu is weak" Whereas if you try another perspective, you might get "Ryu couldn't KO Hugo in a single hit, therefore Hugo is stronger than I thought..."

Don't be so bias please, nortmal people don't take to kindly to fanboys here...

Sado22
i'm being a fanboy? i don't think so.
how about another perspective:
Ryu couldn't KO Hugo with his STRONGEST move while Cody/Haggar/Guy has beaten him and so ryu isn't that strong as his fanboys say he is.

i'm not taking anything from Ryu but shedding light on his abiligy since some people seem to put him on godtier status.

and for the record shinshoryuken is 3 hits since he does three punches (elbow, big punch, shoryuken)

Darkstorm Zero
Sorry, but that doesn't prove a thing, since not even 3 piledrivers from haggar could defeat Hugo or any other Andore clone you could name...

And I didn't specifically call you a fanboy, Nor did I claim that Ryu is a top tier character, in fact, Ryu is third tier... there are only 4 characters who occupy the top tier, and those are Akuma, oro Gill and the Psycho Drive strengthened M.Bison.

Sado22
lets just cut with this i guess. i guess we both just look at it too differently.

glad that's outta the way. no offense intended from this side either, dude.

Darkstorm Zero
No harm no foul stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.