Silver Surfer runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
SS has three hours of rest between each battle.

1) Firelord
2) Champion w/Power Gem
3) Current Darkseid
4) Capt Marvel (Billy Batson)
5) Fully confident Gladiator
6) Baron Mordo
7) Captain Marvel (Genis-Vell)
8) Post-Retconned Beyonder
9) 75% Tyrant

tdawg14
Probably loses at 7 but 8 definitely and no shot against 9.

Darth_Erebus
Is current Darkseid really that depowered? In the crossover, where Galactus blasted Darkseid away Darkseid also blasted the SS pretty good. Current or not Darkseid should be higher on the list but since he isn't SS stops at 3.

Darth Kal-El
Hes not supposed to be low but compared to the guys above him, yah hes down there

Darth_Erebus
I would say Darkseid is above Gladiator

The Ion
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Hes not supposed to be low but compared to the guys above him, yah hes down there
Because he jobs to Superman? Everyone jobs to Superman one way or another, either directly or indirectly. Superman has beaten high level cosmics. If you rank everyone in DC on how well they do against Supes then either everyone including cosmic beings are street level or Superman is himself is a high tier cosmic somewhere near Celestial level. It's pretty ridiculous.

DigiMark007
Yeah, the list is a bit whacked. I'd stop him at Darkseid. If he makes it past DS though, I'd stop him at 8....he has beaten Genis after all, even though it was a while ago. I realize he's better now, but until I see something that proves me wrong I'll still have him just below Surfer.

Femi32
Originally posted by The Ion
Because he jobs to Superman? Everyone jobs to Superman one way or another, either directly or indirectly. Superman has beaten high level cosmics. If you rank everyone in DC on how well they do against Supes then either everyone including cosmic beings are street level or Superman is himself is a high tier cosmic somewhere near Celestial level. It's pretty ridiculous.

I heard DC has a new editor. Does that mean people will stop jobbing to Superman?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Femi32
I heard DC has a new editor. Does that mean people will stop jobbing to Superman? ... or job moreso.

It's a strangely arranged list, but Surfer should stop at Darkseid. On the miniscule chance the Surfer makes it past 'Seid, he gets taken down by the Beyonder.

Hmm, Thanos was able to defeat Beyonder. Could the Surfer do the same? Hmmm. Probably not.

The Ion
Originally posted by Femi32
I heard DC has a new editor. Does that mean people will stop jobbing to Superman?
Well I don't know what Geoff Johns thinks of Superman but Grant Morrison does write an uber Supes. Of course the good thing is he writes an uber version of everyone else too so it evens out a bit. We'll see.

Marcus4600
I'd say he gets to 8. Power Cosmic > everything else.

aside from tyrant.

Dizzle
Holy crap. I'd say the only ones Surfer can win solidly are 1 and 4... I'd give a pretty even tossup to Champion, and there's no way that Surfer beats Darkseid unless 'Seid's being a dumbass.

JOE NUNEZ
so that means darkseid could beat superman?

Darth Kal-El
Now how could Darkseid (who most say would lose to superman) be above Captain Marvel and Champion w/Power Gem?

JOE NUNEZ
if silver surfer loses to darkseid then superman loses to darkseid to.

Mider
only reason that Darkseid loses to superman is cause...........EVERYONE DOES hello! Superman beat imperiex, and guys like that you think Surfer would be impriex? no not in a million years.

The Ion
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Now how could Darkseid (who most say would lose to superman) be above Captain Marvel and Champion w/Power Gem?
Because a non jobbing Darkseid beats Superman like he owes him money.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.