USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY STAR WARS GAME- Character Conversations Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This is a place for when people on opposing sides in my game meet and want to natter with/deal with/blatantly insult each other.

Short of a fight breaking out or some other kind of check that needs to be made, just have all your convos in here, which should make those parts of the game run much more smoothly.

However, please don't take part in a convo in here unless I've authorised it in the game thread.

Kicking off, we have a face off between Imperial-sponsored Bounty Hunter Rylis, and some of her old enemied and their friends in the form of big bug Eerin, professional laybaout Kyle, and associate Rhys. Rylis was just insulting Eerin (though the language barrier was a problem) when the other two turned up.

Jazzman_78
(Great idea Ush. I'll start fresh.)

Kyle walks up to stand beside Eerin and puts his hands on his hips. (So he's close to his blaster) "What are you doing here, Hag?"

General Kaliero
Rhys stands next to Kyle, looking Rylis over. He adopts a relaxed position, hands in pockets, and says, quite loudly enough to be heard, "Hag? Sure, she's no Twilek dancer, but I'd hardly call her a hag. You know her?"

Lana
"Had to bring along some buddies, hmmm?" Rylis replies to Kyle. "And what exactly are you doing here?"

"You could say that, I suppose." she says to Rhys. "Who exactly are you?" (would she recognize him?)

Bespin Bart
(I'll assume that Rhys and/or Kyle can translate for me)

"" Eerin says. ""

Jazzman_78
Blatantly ignoring Rylis' words, but not looking away from her, kyle replies to Rhys. "It's her personality, not her looks." Kyle then laughs loudly at Eerin's comment and translates it for him.

(Rhys, BB, PM me if there's something you think we should or shouldn't say to her.)

General Kaliero
Rhys grins at Rylis and gives a somewhat clumsy bow.

"Rhys Kyril, a trader. Most know me as the cause of an unfortunate accident involving Jabba the Hutt's throne room ceiling. Perhaps you've heard of me?" He looks up hopefully.

Bespin Bart
"," Eerin says, with a clicking laugh. ""

Lana
"Oh, you're so funny. Such a couple of comedians. Now, I know for a fact that you are not here smuggling. So, what exactly are you doing here? Somehow I doubt you have some legitimate reason." Rylis replies to Eerin and Kyle.

"Rhys? The name is familiar."

Jazzman_78
"Somewhat familiar? Well, that rules out that she's here for your bounty, Rhys. And she knows she can't catch us (she never has) so she's not here for that. Hmmm..." Kyle puts in sarcastically, and taps his chin for effect.

Bespin Bart
""

Lana
"Come now, did you really think I wouldn't do a little research around the planet? Now, unless those ships that just landed are who you're smuggling with - which I doubt because you'd be there instead of pestering me - you're not here to smuggle. But I highly doubt you chose this place as a nice planet for a holiday, so there must be some reason you're here." Rylis replies. "And believe it or not, you boys are not the end all be all of my existence. Such egotistical arrogance."

Jazzman_78
"Oh, we're not?" Kyle grins. "Then why are you here?"
<broadens grin annoyingly>

General Zink
"If you want us to be here to take you out, so much the better," Arvus says, dropping down from a part of the docking bay that he had been sneaking along. He discreetly preps his dart launcher at his wrist.

Lana
"I was wondering what happened to you." Rylis says as Arvus appears.

"And while I do have other things to do here....getting you out of my way would simply be an added bonus." she replies to Kyle.

Bespin Bart
"" Eerin says. "?"

Jazzman_78
The sudden appearance of Arvus makes Kyle drop his hand to his blaster. The man looked dangerous, and he noticed him make some small movements. In Kyle's experience, dangerous men making subtle movements was never good.

"Yeah. What happened to Makrus? He finally get tired of putting up with you? Or is he skulking around in the shadows too?" He glares at the new arrival, feeling safe that Eerin will not divert is attention from Rylis.

He didn't know Rhys that well, but Kyle was sure that he'd dealt with these kinds of people before. This was fast becoming a very dangerous situation. Rylis was dangerous, but before they had the numbers and were surrounded by guards. But this new guy was an unknown factor, and for all Kyle knew this man could go off any moment.

Ushgarak
Kyle and Rhys, your smuggling instincts are going off here.

If this starport is crawling with bad guys looking for evidence of stuff to haul you in for... ummm... now you think about it, this set up wasn't planned very well.

You guys all brought a certain amount of cargo? Courtesy of the Duchess?

Jazzman_78
(Hehe, that's a good point. Rhys, Eerin, what can we do about it?)

General Kaliero
(We didn't handle this well at all, but that's really nothing new to Rhys.)

Rhys is a bit surprised at Arvus jumping down into the confrontation, but he manages to compose himself and stay his hand from reaching for his blaster. He smiles congenially at the newcomer.

"Hello there. I suppose you've been listening to our conversation for a while, huh? I hope at least you've heard of me, even though it seems your companion hasn't."

He turns back to Rylis. "I wonder what's going through your head, Miss, but you're not thinking properly about how our operations work. Why exactly do you think we couldn't be smuggling?" He smirks a little, amused that someone couldn't see something so plain.

Lana
"Makrus had other stuff to do, I wasn't about to pull him away from it to come here." Rylis replies to Kyle.

"I mean that I know that you're not smuggling to anyone who's on planet already. But if you wish, I could always get security to check your cargo, to see what you have brought here...." she says to Rhys. "Like that idea? Because personally, I do. Quite a lot, in fact."

General Zink
"I agree, Rylis," Arvus says, with a smirk. "Maybe the authorities would find something interesting?"

Jazzman_78
(Yeah, I get the feeling we walked right into this with our eyes wide shut...)

Kyle drops his cheery demeanor at Arvus' words. His grin turns grim immediately. "Maybe they'd find the bodies of the last to Nosy Nerfs who threatened us with baseless accusations."

Lana
"Nervous, hmmm? Generally that's a sign of guilt." Rylis says. "And I think that idea is just getting better and better every moment...Arvus, would you like to do the honors?"

General Kaliero
Rhys smiles at Rylis. "Miss, surely you know as well as I do that the Empire currently has no power on this planet. Everything is run by the Osokans, and frankly, they don't care about smugglers. Why else do you think this is such a hot spot for 'trading'?"

General Zink
"Even so, there are bounties out for the three of you," Arvus says, with a slight grin. "We don't need an excuse to take you in."

(Ush, would local authorities even CARE about what they are shipping?)

Ushgarak
You need an excuse to take them in legally- the bounties are not from the Empire.

You're not sure about that. You don't have much idea about what trade goes on here.

General Zink
(Oh, but they will be... whistle )

Jazzman_78
Kyle nods at Rhys' words, then looks hard into Arvus' eyes and says, "Well? Your move. And hurry up, 'cause we don't got all day."; then he grins at him, just to be annoying.

General Zink
Arvus returns the grin. "Alright."

Arvus will try to find the near Osokan authority that speaks Basic. "Excuse me, kind sir, but my companion and I have caught a few low-life good-for-nothings trying to break into my vessel. If you could kindly apprehend them in whatever way you see fit, I would be most grateful."

Ushgarak
They look at you, oddly.

Damn language barrier...

Jazzman_78
Kyle tries not to laugh, unsuccessfully. "Nice try. Well, we've got work to do." He looks to Eerin and Rhys. "You boys ready to go, or do you wanna play with these two some more?"

General Zink
"I don't feel inclined to let you leave," Arvus says. "You were obviously looking for Rylis. Why?"

General Kaliero
Rhys pipes up and says to Arvus. "Well, believe it or not, these two seem to have a history with the lady over there. I suppose it's only natural to want to meet with old acquaintances, check up on how they're doing, that kinda thing?" He winks, a grin crossing his face.

General Zink
Arvus rolls his eyes in a disgusted, bored manner, and cocks his dart launcher in an obvious manner.

"Why would you purposefully seek out someone who can turn you into crispy bacon bits?"

General Kaliero
Rhys puts his hands in his jacket pocketsand shrugs. "Hey, don't ask me. I just met them, I'm just working with them on a deal right now. Why don't you ask them?"

He then leans closer and says in a hushed voice, "Oh, and by the way? I wouldn't mention 'bacon' around these guys" he motions toward the Osokan with his eyes, "if you get my drift. They might take it the wrong way."

Jazzman_78
Kyle chimes in shouting at the top of his lungs,
"What? You eat BACON! Are you crazy? That's disgusting. MURDERER!" Then he calmly looks at Arvus, waiting for the Osokan reaction. "Our business, Sir, is none of yours."

General Zink
"Oh, but 'tis the Empire's interest, mein friend," Arvus says. "Hands of the jacket, you. And let those swine hear. It's only a matter of time before they're bombed into oblivion, you Rebel scum."

Ushgarak
Other than that the Osokans simply don't understand you, they've never hesitated to eat hunt and kill sentient species if they thought it was fun and you would be surprised if they made an exception for pig-based lifeforms.

However, this ruckus is kinda getting the attention of more Osokans now.

Jazzman_78
Seeing the man ready his weapon, and at the Rebel scum comment, Kyle figures it's time to abandon all pretences. He slides his hand quickly to his blaster's grip.
"That's certainly no crime on this planet, bounty hunter. And I don't think they're going to get too excited about a little scuffle in the starport either. Now you two get back in your ship and fly away to your Imperial masters and tell them that they can't have this planet. While your at it, put them on notice that they aren't keeping the Galaxy much longer, either. I don't know how a monster like Palpatine managed to take power, but I have a pretty good idea how he's going to lose it. Go."
He tenses, not sure how the two would react, but pretty sure it wouldn't be good. He hoped Rhys and Eerin were ready, and that they understood why he had to push it this far. These people were the scum, coming here to wipe out an entire planet, and for what? Not for any reason he could see. No, these kinds of people had to be dealt with in the only way they understand.

Lana
"Oh, do you really think we're frightened by your silly little threats? Especially from someone who's confirmed that they're one of the Rebels against the Empire?" Rylis replies, rolling her eyes. "However, now you've given us a pretty good idea as to what you've brought in on your ships and why you don't want anyone knowing what it is...I would guess illegal weapons. Am I right? Now, why don't you run along to whoever it is you're here with, and let them know you've blown your cover. I'm sure they'll be so thrilled with that."

Ushgarak
A burly Osokan steps forwards and draws a pretty big knife.

He makes a pretty incomprehensible demand.

I would also be interested to know on what grounds the term 'Rebel' was dropped into the conversation.

Jazzman_78
"Rebel? Confirmed? Where did you get that? No one ever said we were rebels, lady." Kyle notices the Osokan and raises his hands away from his blaster.
(Can Kyle speak Osokan? Understand it? I can't remember. Either way, I'm sure he gets the hint. Oh and Lana, reread my post, I never admitted being a Rebel. Kyle carefully danced around it. wink )

<<In Osokan if I can, basic if not.>>"Hey, take it easy. I'm glad you came. These bounty hunters were just harassing us. They said something about bombing your people. That's the only reason I started shouting. Sorry if we disturbed you."

Lana
(damn you stick out tongue)

"As far as I'm concerned, you've as good as admitted it." Rylis snaps back.

"Harassing you? Hmm...as it happens to have occurred, I was sitting here at our ship when the bug started threatening me. I'm not surprised you'd leave out a little detail like that, though."

(and I don't think any of us have a high enough language skill to understand or speak Osokan.)

Jazzman_78
(I take that as a compliment. smile )
Kyle ignores the first statement. he realises just how close he came to messing the mission up.
"Well, I wasn't around for that, was I. But as worked up as he was when we got here, I'm sure you must have started it."

General Kaliero
"Rebels?!" Rhys steps back from everyone else (inadvertently towards the Osokan) and looks from Kyle and Eerin to Rylis and Arvus. "I don't deal with Rebels. Smugglers like me may not care for the Empire, but I'm not the type to pretend it can be fought."

If Rhys can speak Osokan well enough, he'll say to the burly Osokan in an undertone, "These two bothering us oppose Drakkon. They want him dead."

Ushgarak
It doesn't seem they are interetsed in what you guys have to say, whether they understand you or not.

They seem to think this will be a public orde rissue, so they are clearing you out. They recognise that it is Rylis and co who have their ship parked here, so it is the Rebels being told to buzz off.

That will take you guys up to the next hour in the main threads, which will start soon, and you can return there.

Ushgarak
New situation!

Arvus has been following Kyle in the streets after he leaves the starport. Picking up the tail, Kyle turns to confront...

Jazzman_78
(Ha! I knew it was Avrus! And without spying on their thread too.)

When Kyle hears Eerin's click, he immediately spins around and puts his hand on his blaster's grip.

"Alright, what's your problem? You got a burning question or something?"

General Zink
*tumbleweed rolls by* *whistling* *whipcrack* *wah-wah-wah!*

"You might say that," Arvus replies, holding his hands behind his back. "Quite a big convoy you've got there."

Nactous
Ushgarak, where have you gone.

Lana
Would you kindly stop trying to interrupt our game?

Jazzman_78
(I love that!) *ah-ah-ah-ah-ah* *wah-wah-wah-wah* (supposed to be the next part)

Kyle stares straight at Avrus, unblinking. His muscles were tensed, ready to spring into action if needed.
"That bother you? Anyway, my business it still not yours."

General Zink
"Actually, yes, it does bother me. The Empire wants to know what's in those boxes, friend. Mind telling me?"

Jazzman_78
"Ok, fine. It's the Correlian Plague. Want me to open a container for you?" Kyle sneers back.

Ushgarak
Tricky, you haven't got back to the convoy yet.

Jazzman_78
(I know, it was a sarcastic offer to take him there. That, and most people don't want a plague, Correlian or otherwise.)

General Zink
"Your sarcasm bores me," says Arvus, his cold Arkanian visage unchanging and emotionless. "Now, I'll ask again, what is that convoy carrying?"

Jazzman_78
Kyle grins at the man, "Boring? Hey, I can be an exciting guy. Let's hit the local cantina, I'll buy you a Lum." His grin melts away. "But no matter how many times you ask me, I'm not telling you about the convoy. You wanna start something, go ahead. Otherwise I've got work to do. But I wasn't kidding about the Lum." he adds lightly.

General Zink
"You weren't kidding, eh?" Arvus says, then grins, quite unusual for an Arkanian. "How about it, then? Get your hand off that holster and let's go get a drink, hmm?"

Jazzman_78
Kyle blinks once, then grins. "And you take your hands out from behind your back." Kyle relaxes his grip on his sidearm and clicks his comm once as he puts it away. He does not take his eyes off of the Arkanian, and won't make another move until he sees the man's hands. "Ready when you are."

General Zink
Arvus reveals his hands, the dart caster still primed unbenownst to Kyle.

"Arvus Okmead," Arvus introduces himself. "And Lum isn't exactly my favorite drink but...I'm sure we can find something more appealing to my tastes on this pigsty of a planet."

Jazzman_78
"I'm sure. And this place isn't bad once you get used to it." Keeping a close eye on the man, Kyle approaches. "How about no one follows the other, due to circumstances being what they are." He walked beside him, ready to go, hoping Eerin understood the signal.

General Zink
"Yes, of course..." Arvus says, arms folded in front of him. "I know a place we can go...I went there when we arrived."

Jazzman_78
"Let's go, then." Kyle walks to Avrus, then begins to head back up the alleyway, staying beside the man. When he gets next to him, as they begin to walk together, Kyle decides to lay his cards out.
"It's a stalemate, you know. This situation. Without admitting anything, we know who the other works for, and we know the situation on this planet. We're in each other's way and we need to deal with that. The thing is, neither wants to be the one to start the war. If we did, we would have by now." Kyle waits for Avrus' reaction before saying more.

General Zink
"Quite the contrary, Mr. ...Ragnor, was it? I have been contracted by the Empire, quite obviously, to participate in a war, and I intend to participate in a war. Osokans, the ultimate hunters, would quite a challenge. Meanwhile, Drakkon has contracted you for..."

Arvus lets the sentence hang off and activates his comlink.

"Return to the ship."

He switches the comlink fully off so that he cannot be contacted, letting Kyle notice.

Bespin Bart
Eerin keeps his distance.

Jazzman_78
"There is no contract, believe it or not. I'm here for free. As you said, there's going to be a war, nothing can stop that. I'm assuming that you put together the cargo ship and the sidearm and figured out my line of work. People like me can make a lot of quick credits just before a war. Of course, I could be doing just that on any number of planets right now. Your Empire makes finding struggle easy. Even so, I don't really like the way your Emperor goes about his business. I'm not normally a poiliticaly minded guy, but there's better ways so run a galaxy."

General Zink
"The Empire dislikes smugglers, if you're implying that that is your line of work," Arvus says. "I could take you in just for that. And Rylis already has bounties posted on your head that she wants to take in, doesn't she?"

Jazzman_78
Kyle comes to a halt and turns completely serious. "The Empire can kiss my aft. And I never said smuggler, I'm merely a... shipper. Sometimes I ship expensive things, so I protect them myself. And I'm tired of this game and your thinly veiled threats. You and the huntress want to make your move, go ahead." He pauses and takes a step back. "We're ready."
(Kyle waits for Avrus to make the next move, but he's ready for a fight if it comes to it. Ush, if that 'smuggler's instinct' has anything to tell me, now would be a good time. wink )

General Zink
Arvus just kind of laughs. "Don't get so uppity, my friend. If you're not a smuggler, then why get so upset if I say anything? Now now, you offered me a drink, let's get on..."

Presumably we get there eventually...Arvus will walk in first.

Jazzman_78
Kyle lets Arvus step inahead of him. He quickly takes out his comlink and tells Eerin. "You better come in, I don't like this." Then he quickly follows Arvus in...

Ushgarak
Well... you heard him say that, Arvus.

Jazzman_78
(Crap. I was hoping Kyle was keeping his voice down.)

General Zink
Arvus plays it off as if he's heard nothing, but tries to pinpoint the big bug, presuming it's Eerin that Kyle contacted.

"Well, I would like some Arkanian Liquor," Arvus says, seating himself down at a table. "What'll you have, 'exporter of riches?'"

Jazzman_78
Kyle rolls his eyes. "I'll have whatever the local brew is. If it can get an Osokan drunk, it must be good stuff. So, how long until Stormtroopers come crashing through the city?"

General Zink
"Why so interested?"

Jazzman_78
"You're kidding, right? Who would want Stormtroopers storming the city they are currently staying in? I've seen the old holo-vids from the Clone Wars; believe me, I don't want to be on the receiving end of that."
Kyle leans back in his seat, relaxing a little.
"So, you're working for the Imps, and I'm... not. Yet here we are in the local cantina, letting time pass by. Is this some sort of trap, or are you just trying to waste my time?" He looks around, casually scanning the crowd. It suddenly occurred to him that the place could be crawling with Imps. He tries to catch somebody looking his way.

General Zink
"You're right about the Clone Wars," Arvus says. "Brutal stuff those clonetroopers could pull off..."

Jazzman_78
"Nice dodge," Kyle grins, "now answer my question. Where is this going? We just gonna have a drink and go our separate ways? I doubt either of us have that in mind."

General Zink
"I doubt that as well," Arvus says. "And you know very well where this, all of this, is going: subjugation of Lanzar, nothing less."

Jazzman_78
"Heh, fooling around with me isn't going to get you Lanzar, pal. So, really, who's on the way? Stormies? Rylis? Or something else?" he glances around the room again. "How's you drink?"

General Zink
"Could be better..." Arvus says, sipping the drink. "Oh, you think I need back-up? Why would I need back-up when we're having a friendly drink?"

He gives a sly grin, then downs his drink in a gulp.

"So...how about a bit of sport, old chap?"

Jazzman_78
"Well, anything would have to be more exciting than drinking with you. What do you have in mind?"

General Zink
"Oh, it still involves drinking," Arvus says.

Jazzman_78
(Have you seen Princess Bride?)
"What, you want to try an outdrink me?" he chuckles."Alright."

General Zink
(Indeed, but not recently)

"Really? You'll play along?" Arvus says, the sly grin still present.

Lana
(randomly popping in....Princess Bride is my favorite movie behind Star Wars and I know what scene you're referring to!!!)

General Kaliero
((Heehee... one of the best movie ever. I never took Arvus for a Sicilian...))

Jazzman_78
"Why not." Kyle replies simply, though doesn't return the grin.

Ushgarak
As an elongated situation, this conversation has proceeded into the next hour.

The patrons of the bar seem uncomfortable, by the way.

General Zink
Arvus grins and gets up, walks to the bartender, and hands him a bunch of coins.

"Fifteen shots of Corellian whiskey...each," Arvus says, returning to his table.

"Should we play for stakes, hmm?" Arvus asks Kyle.

Jazzman_78
"Well, that depends on the stakes."

General Zink
"If I win, you will tell me what you and your friends are doing here...REALLY doing here...and what was in that convoy," Arvus says. "If you win, I will tell you want to know."

Jazzman_78
"Well, that's just it. I don't want to know anything. I know you and the Imperials are here to take Lanzar. The diplomatic mission will fail or you will make it fail and the troops will move in." he starts to get worked up. "There will be a battle and Lanzar will fall. You want to know the truth? We're not planning on winning. The only thing I was asking you is: What are you planning on doing about me? And that's not worth the information about the parts we shipped on that convoy."

General Zink
"Then how about money as your prize?" Arvus says, raising an eyebrow.

Jazzman_78
"Oh, yeah?" Kyle smiles wide, leaning forward. "How much are we talking?"

General Zink
Arvus grins. "First, let's talk about the coming...oh, invasion, we'll call it. You said you know you and your friends won't win. I'm not going to assume your involvement, but it sounds as if you intend to fight the invasion? That's laughable. You said you don't expect to win, so why fight? I can simply pay you to be an ear for the Empire, and you'd get so much more out of it than helping Drakkon or whatever reason you're here. I know your type...money is how you understand. Tell me, how much is Drakkon paying you?"

Jazzman_78
Kyle considers what the man has said for a minute. "Well, first of all, they aren't my friends. Second, well as you said it's hopeless, but hopeless raised my 'fee' quite a bit. Drakkon thinks we can help him save his planet. His people hunted Jedi, he said. Surely they can stop a small army." he laughs bitterly. "I know better. That, and this whole thing is starting to be more hassle than the credits are worth. If you can make me a decent offer, I might be able to make both our days. For example, the convoy? It's being locked up, but I know the code. Start the Empire's cash flowing and I'll tell you. If you're good as your word, I know names, locations and plans. I'm not your Emperor's friend, but these people are driving me crazy. If I can get more credits, great." He stops talking, and stares hard into the man's eyes. Maybe this whole thing could work out better than I thought. he thinks to himself.

General Zink
"Small army, Mr. Ragnor? I don't think you understand who you are dealing with. Three Imperial Star Destroyers can deploy over ten thousand Imperial stormtroopers. That's not a small army, that's three large armies put together to form a war machine that can raze Lanzar to the ground."

Arvus takes a sip of his drink. "And they're not your friends. Just how much is Drakkon paying all of you, hmm?"

Jazzman_78
All joking had left Kyle. "Sorry, I don't bargain that way. If I tell you what I make, I lose out on what you might have gave me. Make a serious offer, or get away from the table."

General Zink
"I would have to see what my employers would agree to, but I am sure they would be quiet ready to lighten the Emperor's wallet to find evidence. Would ten thousand suffice?"

Jazzman_78
Kyle ponders for a second, then makes his decision. "That much works. For the code, that is. Ready? I'm only going to say it once:

G-U-B-Y-M-S-S-I-K

He grins. Then chuckles.

"And that's my final offer, Imperial."

General Zink
Arvus narrows his eyes.

"You're making a mistake, Ragnor," Arvus says. "The Empire has a lot more to offer than that fool Drakkon. I'm guessing Drakkon is paying you more than 10,000 credits? Each?"

Bespin Bart
Eerin stays at the bar, just within hearing.

Jazzman_78
"No, you're making the mistake. You're just too simple-minded to see it. We're not here because we're being paid. We're tired of your Emperor running the show. You just can't go around wiping out planets with populations that don't swing your way. And we are going to prove it."
Kyle stand up. "I'm done playing with you, it's just not fun anymore. Good day." With that, Kyle spins around and marches to the door, trusting that Eerin is watching his back as he does.

Bespin Bart
Eerin will follow Kyle to the door, giving Arvus one last glare before leaving himself.

"," Eerin says. ""

General Zink
"You might as well join the Rebellion, if you haven't already, Ragnor," Arvus says, keeping his hands on the table. "If you reconsider, you know where to find me..."

Arvus lets them leave, contemplating his next action.

(I assume we return to our own threads, now, since we're done chatting...)

Jazzman_78
Kyle ignores Arvus completely, and looks at Eerin. "Nah, you should know better than that. We're scoundrels, not scum."

Ushgarak
Is this done then?

Jazzman_78
(I think so, except for what Eerin and Kyle asked for in the Rebel thread.)

Ushgarak
Well, now we have a new conversation! Time for the politicos to get to work, as Imperial Commissar Melkor is met in the city by Senator Galahad, with the Duchess Sasha around nearby.

Lord Melkor
Commisar smiles coldly when Senator enters.

"Senator Galahad, what a pleasant suprise, especially that I started to have an impression that entire Mission tries its best to ignore me. Would you like to drink something with me?"

Alkaselzer
"Of course, Commissar," Galahad says, setting himself down at Esgabath's table. "Now, my dear Commissar, the Mission is very busy with the proceedings. You know that."

Lord Melkor
"Indeed, but is Drakkon ready to admit his planet is a part of Imperial Order?"

Alkaselzer
"Certainly. That is what these negotiations are for, after all. His only worry..." Galahad looks up, as if he could see through the ceiling, to where he know the Star Destroyer must be orbiting. "...is the Destroyer hanging over his city."

Lord Melkor
"A leader of Imperial World should be proud to have Imperial manouvres on such scale on his world.

Tell me, Senator, what do you think of Andran and Drakkon? And what are your motives for participating in this Mission, since you are not a Comittee member?"- Esgabath studies Galahad, trying to evaluate him.

Alkaselzer
"Even as a proud member of the Imperial Senate, I would be thoroughly worried if a trio of Star Destroyers were floating in orbit around Thespion."

"As for what I think of Andran and Drakkon. Andran is a very wise, very talented, and very influential member of the Senate. When the mission comes to a close, he will leave all sides satisfied. Lanzar will be unified and the Senate will be most impressed. Drakkon will make a very firm and powerful leader of the Osokans, as they wish him to be. They have already put him in power, after all. Matadan was an inept leader. It just needs to be made official in the eyes of the Senate that Drakkon is, in fact, the Guildmaster of Lanzar."

Lord Melkor
"Such a firm support of Drakkon from you and Andran, it makes me wonder....." -Commisar smiles slightly, if viciously-

" He is a Tyrant, it seems. He didn`t even allow me to communicate with Guild Masters. Clearly he has many things to hide."

Alkaselzer
"He must rule with an iron fist, or he would lose control of the Lodges," Galahad affirms. "Such is the position of Guildmaster, and such are the Osokan people. If he was to show weakness, he would be dethroned."

Galahad gets comfortable in his seat.

"And he is afraid, Commissar. His worry is that you will poison the Lodges into rebellion against him. At the moment he has their loyalty, but until the negotiations are through, there is still worry to be had."

Ushgarak
There is a beep form your communicator, Melkor.

And yours as well, Galahad!

Alkaselzer
"Just a second, Commissar, it seems we both have calls to answer..." Galahad says, and will take his call outside, out of the Commissar's hearing range.

"Galahad speaking..." he answers.

Ushgarak
(you may refer to the Alliance thread)

Alkaselzer
Galahad returns to the bar briefly.

"My apologies, Commissar, but it seems I have business to attend to," Galahad says, with a slight bow. "However, Duchess Torvuelle is able to accompany you, as well as her bodyguard and your own stormtroopers. I trust you wil find the landspeeder is most comfortable. I shall return later, goodbye until then."

Galahad will take his leave.

Ushgarak
Ok, Galahad wants to leave, leaving Sasha behind, but we shall have to see what Melkor wishes.

Brit
In the meantime, Sasha will disembark the speeder.

Ushgarak
Ok, I am considering this convo over- it can be picked up later. Sasha, you may return to the Lodge.

Ushgarak
Ok, it does indeed pick up again, as Galahad and Melkor talk by common the morning of the second day- as Galahad has some issues to raise...

Alkaselzer
Galahad positions himself on the holoprojector platform in order to send his image to Commissar Esgabath, as well as his complaints.

"Good afternoon, Commissar," Galahad greets. "You kept me waiting quite awhile."

Lord Melkor
"There were matters I had to devote my attention to, I would never dare to ignore an Imperial Senator, of course."

Alkaselzer
"Of course. I am sure you know what I have contacted you about."

Lord Melkor
"And what exactly are you hoping to achieve, I wonder?"

Alkaselzer
"I'm sure you know. The blockade needs to be lowered."

Lord Melkor
"It will be lowered in due time."

Alkaselzer
"As far as I'm concerned, if nothing is said, it will not be lowered at all, Commissar," Galahad says. "It needs to be lowered immediately, as it is an illegal act against an Imperial world."

Ushgarak
This convo doesn't seem to have reached a head, exactly. Is a threat going to be made?

Lord Melkor
Melkor will ignore Galahad, as he is busy, and I am actually confused to when does this conversation take place.

Ushgarak
Very well, then you have no idea of the nature of the challenge to the blockade.

Lord Melkor
I think I will talk about it with Andran and co. anyway.

What about my reaction to agressive Osokan that is with Duchess?

Ushgarak
Andrna likely won't see you. Your point of contact is Galahad.

That is taking place at a different time to this.

Alkaselzer
Galahad will wait impatiently.

Is it possible for Galahad to make an uproar about Imperials not denying accusations?

Ushgarak
Well, if the Imperials aren't prepared to explain their actions, protesting to the Senate is easy.

Jazzman_78
(Hell yeah. Start that fuss before they get it together!)

Lord Melkor
Wait, I am denying any accusations! I thought I gave reasoning when we started it.

"So, do you deny Drakkon`s preparations for war, Senator Galahad?"

And can`t I work through my contact from the Senate?

Ushgarak
Your contact in the Senate means that the Rbeel players can never try anything without you knowing about it. But it doesn't actually change how the situation gets presented from Lanzar; that is down to the efforts to the political players on each side.

Alkaselzer
"His preparations are not for war against, but with the Empire, should he be called upon to serve," Galahad says. "But that is besides the point. Your blockade is menacing the peace of the negotiations."

Lord Melkor
"Yes, and the Smugglers attempt to escape proves the allegations."

Alkaselzer
"What allegations, Commissar?"

Lord Melkor
"Drakkon and his supporters participate in the smuggling, since they falsely claim to bring lasting peace to Lanzar. Do you really believe that the conflicts will not resume in future? What are treaties worth to those barbarians?"

Alkaselzer
"Drakkon did not participate in the smuggling itself, Commissar. That is a very harsh accusation to level at a world leader. In any case, these treaties mean a great deal to the Osokan people. They do not wish to be needlessly annihilated..."

Galahad clears his throat. "However, this is not why I have contacted you, Commissar Esgabath, as you well know. The actions committed by the blockade are illegal! You have taken innocent lives; you know as well as I that had they surrendered to your authority, they would have met a far more painful end..."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>