Which Street Fighter Game is the Best for you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snake_15
Here are some of the games that I think are good...
But which one do you think is the best?....

Street Fighter
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition
Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter: The Movie
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Street Fighter EX
Street Fighter EX Plus
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter EX 2
Street Fighter III: New Generation
Street Fighter III 2nd Impact - Giant Attack
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight For The Future

SaTsuJiN
I really like 3rd strike..even though its sorta broken

Blue nocturne
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I really like 3rd strike..even though its sorta broken

Sorta how?

SaTsuJiN
because makoto is top tier without dispute

Blue nocturne
because makoto is top tier without dispute

Makoto to tier laughing

You must mean ken or chun-li I know she's up there though

Gouki
Yeah, for me, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is easily the best in my book. So, SaTsuJiN, you say that it is broken because Makoto is up there with the best. I'm not sure that I understand that.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Makoto to tier laughing

You must mean ken or chun-li I know she's up there though

watch makoto videos... and no I dont mean ken or chun li... they're good too.. but makoto could crush them

Sixth_Winged
Definitely SF3. Gill as boss is awesome cheap unlike Bison who was cheap but doesn't command awe. And the game engine is great as well, more reflex oriented than almost any fighting game with parrying.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Definitely SF3. Gill as boss is awesome cheap unlike Bison who was cheap but doesn't command awe. And the game engine is great as well, more reflex oriented than almost any fighting game with parrying.
Only bad thing about the game is one special at a time and no air-guard.

SaTsuJiN
you air-parry , which is even bettah big grin

thesilverspider
you air-parry , which is even bettah big grin
That's pretty tricky to do don't you think.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by thesilverspider
That's pretty tricky to do don't you think.

hmm.. well I can agree with that if you're fighting the CPU (since they dont really play the same constantly).. but after a few rounds with a human opponent you can predict their style

still having air parry is better than just gettin slapped, right?

Blue nocturne
watch makoto videos... and no I dont mean ken or chun li... they're good too.. but makoto could crush them

I've seen a bunch of makoto vids the best are from a player named "J"

But ken,chun li, and yun are top tier that's official rankings period.

Inspectah Deck
Street Fighter 3: Alpha

Shin_Gouken
Hmm I remember this old thread... to me Alpha 3 and Third strike are on opposite tiers, Alpha being incredibly broken, but fast and nasty with all the moves and characters. A game designed to keep you playing for ages alone- a rare for fighters, and its why its still considered the best.

However after I owned alpha enough times, I got into CapvsSNK2... I found it excellent as well, lots of good graphics. Good balance in characters (i.e shin akuma is ONLY for masters), however the multiplayer allowed for cheaper characters to be abused, but I guess thats what tiers are... I still hate it though, it limits gameplay.

After that I got the anniversary and played 3rd strike. As easily as I had won on the other games, I had more of a challenge here. You could no longer sit in the corner and through dragon punch after dragon punch, or whatever. You had to actually TIME your moves, but they simplified it as well... I enjoy the fluid animation, but it isn't as hardcore, fast, powerful as say... Alpha.

P.S: Gill can be a pain, but I find myself winning against him all the time now, thanks to shortening the rounds, I always played on 4 rounds, and when I got to him I was ready to doze. lol

Tha C-Master
I agree fully.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
I've seen a bunch of makoto vids the best are from a player named "J"

But ken,chun li, and yun are top tier that's official rankings period.

makoto destroys people with 1 juggle and 2 chained super arts lol.. my point is when she hits you , you dont even have the choice to block because your whole life bar continuously pours out til you KO with her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.