Superman vs. Namor/Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

klwiggs
Can Namor and Aquaman working together defeat Superman?

No prep, fight starts in the ocean.

soleran30
wow thats a toughie for me if they can keep it in the water and Superman doesn't go for a mega heat blast or cold blast and freeze them maybe.

King_Mungi
If Namor holds off Superman then it's possible Aquaman can attack his mind.

jesserw21
namor has no chance to hold superman, and i doubt Aquaman can attach his mind seeing as how despero had a hard enuff time trying to do it. Superman 9/10

soleran30
Yes AM could give him a seizure with his massive TP abilitessmile However if they are in the water though I thought AM had some control over it with his new hand as well........

King_Mungi
Originally posted by soleran30
Yes AM could give him a seizure with his massive TP abilitessmile However if they are in the water though I thought AM had some control over it with his new hand as well........

By controlling the density of his hand he does, he doesn't have absolute control over all water though.

Juntai
Yes AM could give him a seizure with his massive TP abilitessmile However if they are in the water though I thought AM had some control over it with his new hand as well........ I doubt it, Superman's resistance to telepathy is high end. For example, Despero mentally dominated Martian Manhunter and Aquaman at the same time, but could NOT dominate Superman.

Max Lord did it, but it took him years to do it, by his own admission.

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
By controlling the density of his hand he does, he doesn't have absolute control over all water though. He did like split the ocean with it though.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai
I doubt it, Superman's resistance to telepathy is high end. For example, Despero mentally dominated Martian Manhunter and Aquaman at the same time, but could NOT dominate Superman.

Max Lord did it, but it took him years to do it, by his own admission.

Doctor Psycho admited he could easily manipulate Superman, but won't due to Max Lord already did

He did like split the ocean with it though.

It was like a 100 foot tidal wave he split.

Juntai
Doctor Psycho admited he could easily manipulate Superman, but won't due to Max Lord already did

It was like a 100 foot tidal wave he split. Claims and feats are two different things..

And yea, still impressive. And looked badass.

It's tempest though that has control over the ocean, on top of being one of the most powerful mages there is.

ChaoticReign
Superman 8/10. Namor and aquaman make a good team but just aren't on par. Superman has been shown to have a strong resistance to telepathy and is easily much stronger and faster than either of them.

King_Mungi
Claims and feats are two different things..

Well in the same issue he easily controlled Black Adam, so I don't think it's that farfetched he could.

outavodka
Well in the same issue he easily controlled Black Adam, so I don't think it's that farfetched he could.
POWER OF THE WRITTERS!

Juntai
Well in the same issue he easily controlled Black Adam, so I don't think it's that farfetched he could. May not be far-fetched, but it still didn't happen. Despero had confidence he could do it too, but we saw him trying and trying and failing. The issue before that he dominated Aquaman and Jonn at the same time, so he's certainly higher on the pecking order, giving Aquaman less of a chance than even he had. Not to mention that AM's telepathy works best on Earth-born creatures, by tapping dormant parts of the brain--while certainly not limited by such..

King_Mungi
Originally posted by outavodka
POWER OF THE WRITTERS!

That's the way it goes, without writers we wouldn't have stories.

soleran30
Superman has more control of their enviroment then they do since he can freeze it or boil it to nothing so even in the water SM should take this majority.

King_Mungi
May not be far-fetched, but it still didn't happen. Despero had confidence he could do it too, but we saw him trying and trying and failing. The issue before that he dominated Aquaman and Jonn at the same time, so he's certainly higher on the pecking order, giving Aquaman less of a chance than even he had. Not to mention that AM's telepathy works best on Earth-born creatures, by tapping dormant parts of the brain--while certainly not limited by such..

Despero's powers have been all over the place, such as lifting the Rock of Etnerity to controlling the JLA and struggling with others. He wasn't trying and trying and failing, he even stated "and not even a kryptonian mind can resist my telepathy" and then Red Tornado blows him away, and just when Despero was about to take control Zantanna steps in and freezes him. Never once did it state he failed to mind-control him.

No Aquaman works on all creatures, hence why he caused a white martian to have a seizure. He did it with ease as well

Juntai
Despero's powers have been all over the place, such as lifting the Rock of Etnerity to controlling the JLA and struggling with others. He wasn't trying and trying and failing, he even stated "and not even a kryptonian mind can resist my telepathy" and then Red Tornado blows him away, and just when Despero was about to take control Zantanna steps in and freezes him. Never once did it state he failed to mind-control him.

No Aquaman works on all creatures, hence why he caused a white martian to have a seizure. He did it with ease as well Right, as I said, claims are just claims, Despero never managed to control him just claimed he could, just as Doctor Psycho claimed he could. Despero an issue earlier proved mightier mentally than Jonn and Arthur both at once.

There's a difference between claiming and accomplishing. I can claim that even Chuck Norris' kung fu is no match for mine, but without proving it, would you believe me?

And, I know he works on all creatures. I did say, Aquaman was not limited to such, but is best when that's applicable. You disagreed with me then backed up what I said.

King_Mungi
Right, as I said, claims are just claims, Despero never managed to control him just claimed he could, just as Doctor Psycho claimed he could. Despero an issue earlier proved mightier mentally than Jonn and Arthur both at once.

There's a difference between claiming and accomplishing. I can claim that not even Chuck Norris' kung fu is no match for mine, but without proving it, would you believe me?

And, I know he works on all creatures. I did say, Aquaman was not limited to such, but is best when that's applicable.

Oh come on now, two times he was about to be controlled and two times people interfered. Superman is far from being telepathic reistant. Doctor Psycho easily controlled Black Adam who is in Superman's league, it's not farfetched at all. Are you going to tell me Superman has a better tp defence than Aquaman and MM?

No, but claiming something that has justification is different. Kryptonians don't have a all tp defence.

Not really when he took out a white martian in a second, it all depends on what type of brain they have and if their race evolved from the ocean.

grey fox
Meh it's 50/50 , namor may be able to distract supes long enough for Aquaman to mind-rape supes, but then is TK resistance comes into play. Hmmmm......

soleran30
yeah his Torv training or whatever gives him TP protection!

grey fox

That was bull in my opinion . Why don't we make him immune to K-nite and magic while were at it and rename him GODMAN .....

Juntai
Oh come on now, two times he was about to be controlled and two times people interfered. Superman is far from being telepathic reistant. Doctor Psycho easily controlled Black Adam who is in Superman's league, it's not farfetched at all. Are you going to tell me Superman has a better tp defence than Aquaman and MM?

No, but claiming something that has justification is different. Kryptonians don't have a all tp defence.

Not really when he took out a white martian in a second, it all depends on what type of brain they have and if their race evolved from the ocean. lol, two times people tried to mind control him and failed. Max Lord admitted it took him years to break down Superman's mind. Claims are just that, claims. Neither of them PROVED they could do it. The only one who proved it took years.

Superman isn't COMPLETELY resistant to telepathy, he's HIGHLY resistant to it.
Certainly resistant enough to take the few seconds it would take to KO these two, given that he's bloodlust, moves multiples of lightspeed, and can one shot a moon in half and fire the power of stars from his eyes.

grey fox
lol, two times people tried to mind control him and failed. Max Lord admitted it took him years to break down Superman's mind. Claims are just that, claims. Neither of them PROVED they could do it. The only one who proved it took years.

Certainly resistant enough to take the few seconds it would take to KO these two, given that he's bloodlust, moves multiples of lightspeed, and can one shot a moon in half and fire the power of stars from his eyes.

Juntai's right their....

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
That was bull in my opinion . Why don't we make him immune to K-nite and magic while were at it and rename him GODMAN ..... Well, K-nite barely works as is, remember he stood in it and took a nuke?
Or that he wore the k-nite ring into the fight against Darkseid controlled Supergirl?

The Ion
That was bull in my opinion . Why don't we make him immune to K-nite and magic while were at it and rename him GODMAN .....
When you can stand knee deep in your "weakness" and take a nuke to the chest, it's not a weakness anymore.

Magic itself only works when the plot calls for it.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Ion
When you can stand knee deep in your "weakness" and take a nuke to the chest, it's not a weakness anymore.

Magic itself only works when the plot calls for it.

Very true , so Godman it is ?

King_Mungi

Protection, but not invulerability from it.

lol, two times people tried to mind control him and failed. Max Lord admitted it took him years to break down Superman's mind. Claims are just that, claims. Neither of them PROVED they could do it.

Max Lord couldn't outright control him since it would blow his cover. Controlling someone and mind-attacking them are two completly different things. No they didn't, could they? Yes. If I remember correctly back when Despero first appeared he did control Superman.

Yes he is, but he has been shown multiple times to be attacked by tp. It depends on how long Namor can stale him, since it only took him a second to cause a white martian to have a seizure.

soleran30
lol yes I agree Superman needs to keep his "weakness's" but a significant amount of wins by TP even against SM is slim because he moves so much faster then them and can heat beam them before they can think.

The Ion
Very true , so Godman it is ?
Well I certainly think The One Above All has a nice ring to it.

grey fox
Originally posted by The Ion
Well I certainly think The One Above All has a nice ring to it.

Indeed yes

Juntai
Very true , so Godman it is ? Nearly, Magic still messes with him a lot, and he really has no way to counter it. For examples see Queen of Fables, but then again, she's ultra powerful in the same way Mxy is. Superman's rogues gallery is nutso.

grey fox
Nearly, Magic still messes with him a lot, and he really has no way to counter it. For examples see Queen of Fables, but then again, she's ultra powerful in the same way Mxy is. Superman's rogues gallery is nutso.

True...

Night guy's big grin

R.O.T. Yahman
Its debatable about wether Namor could hurt Supes !!!!!!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Its debatable about wether Namor could hurt Supes !!!!!!!

No going at them physically would be a mistake, mind-attacking is their only chance.

Juntai
No going at them physically would be a mistake, mind-attacking is their only chance. Their chance is slim at best, provided Superman doesn't look at them visciously and blow holes their chests with heat vision, or breathe at them too hard and rush the water past them so fast it bubbles their blood, or any type of punch/kick combo...they may gather sufficient time to put together something. lol.

R.O.T. Yahman
No going at them physically would be a mistake, mind-attacking is their only chance.

Making Namor pointless .... unless they mean to patronise him to death !

King_Mungi
Their chance is slim at best, provided Superman doesn't look at them visciously and blow holes their chests with heat vision, or breathe at them too hard and rush the water past them so fast it bubbles their blood, they may gather sufficient time to put together something. lol.

Cold breathe won't stop Aquaman since Tempest did the same thing and he could still do his tp and eventually broke free. Heat vision would work, and depending where the fight takes place say San Diego Superman may be restricted to use his full speed since it would destroy the city.

King_Mungi
Making Namor pointless .... unless they mean to patronise him to death !

Indeed, but he could be used as a distraction while Aquaman tries to mind attack him. Aquaman one on one against Superman would lose, this gives him a chance to do something.

R.O.T. Yahman
Cold breathe won't stop Aquaman since Tempest did the same thing and he could still do his tp and eventually broke free. Heat vision would work, and depending where the fight takes place say San Diego Superman may be restricted to use his full speed since it would destroy the city.

Full speed is not needed though.

King_Mungi
Full speed is not needed though.

No, but going slower gives Aquaman more time to counter.

R.O.T. Yahman
Indeed, but he could be used as a distraction while Aquaman tries to mind attack him. Aquaman one on one against Superman would lose, this gives him a chance to do something.

So this might aswell be Aquaman with Jessica Alba vs Superman. She'd probably cause more of a distraction !

Juntai
Cold breathe won't stop Aquaman since Tempest did the same thing and he could still do his tp and eventually broke free. Heat vision would work, and depending where the fight takes place say San Diego Superman may be restricted to use his full speed since it would destroy the city. Doesn't have to be cold breath, just rush the water past, in BOTH of their respect threads is mentioning of moving in the water too fast would bubble their blood and kill/ko them. Aquamans is in the one where he was swimming 10k feet per second or whatever. Superman is certainly capable of it either with just breath or a wave of his arm.

And it's not specified in SUB-Diego, just the ocean.

And as Yahman said, full speed is not needed. When Superman cuts loose, he's over 10x lightspeed. Even going sub-light speed is still far too fast for either of these characters to account for.

King_Mungi
Doesn't have to be cold breath, just rush the water past, in BOTH of their respect threads is mentioning of moving in the water too fast would bubble their blood and kill them. Aquamans is in the one where he was swimming 10k feet per second or whatever. Superman is certainly capable of it either with just breath or a wave of his arm.

And it's not specified in SUB-Diego, just the ocean. And as Yahman said, full speed is not needed. When Superman cuts loose, he's over 10x lightspeed.

Yeah I don't know about that, since with Aquaman's waterhand he can heal and can control the water to a degree. Namor would be done though.

I said San Diego, not Sub-Deigo just because of the people in San Diego could be at risk if they fight above water.

He can't do anything like that on Earth though. If he did the entire planet would be screwed.

Tron
Right, as I said, claims are just claims, Despero never managed to control him just claimed he could, just as Doctor Psycho claimed he could. Despero an issue earlier proved mightier mentally than Jonn and Arthur both at once.

There's a difference between claiming and accomplishing. I can claim that even Chuck Norris' kung fu is no match for mine, but without proving it, would you believe me?

And, I know he works on all creatures. I did say, Aquaman was not limited to such, but is best when that's applicable. You disagreed with me then backed up what I said.

Nothing is a match for Chuck Norris. NOTHING!!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Tron
Nothing is a match for Chuck Norris. NOTHING!!

Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his father...it's true.

Sixth_Winged
Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his father...it's true.

laughing laughing laughing that is so wrong...

Fanboy
lol, two times people tried to mind control him and failed. Max Lord admitted it took him years to break down Superman's mind. Claims are just that, claims. Neither of them PROVED they could do it. The only one who proved it took years.

If you guys check out Superhero chat in the Superman capability thread or repect thread you see a physcic dieing from trying to control Supermans mind. Damn that was some scary shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.