Aquaman and Hawkman: Armwrestle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Best two out of three. Who prevails?

King_Mungi
Aquaman easily, he is 100 class while Hawkman is strong but not in the same league.

TheKahn
Aquaman snaps Hawkman's arm like a twig sad

King_Mungi
Originally posted by TheKahn
Aquaman snaps Hawkman's arm like a twig sad

Pfft...fanboy mad

spetznaz
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Best two out of three. Who prevails?

Aquaman by an amazingly huge margin.

olympian
Aquaman is not cl 100.

But he has this one in a bag, yeah.

Blair Wind
well.....which hand is he using? shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by olympian
Aquaman is not cl 100.

Yes he is, he held up a 8+ story buidling from falling, and lifted an entire city block underwater.

TheKahn
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Pfft...fanboy mad

Since people started calling you an "expert" I just don't know you anymore cry

King_Mungi
Since people started calling you an "expert" I just don't know you anymore cry

Power corrupts smile Now begone peasant!...or not, I really don't have any power. It's up to you.

olympian
And that puts him on the same league as Superman and WW who are cl 100? No.

Likewise for Wman who has feats involving more than hundred of tons and its not in the same league as Thor and Hulk.

Futhermore, where was it stated it was an entire city block?

TheKahn
Power corrupts smile Now begone peasant!...or not, I really don't have any power. It's up to you.

What the f**k?

(hockey sucks hockey)

King_Mungi

Likewise for Wman who has feats involving more than hundred of tons and its not in the same league as Thor and Hulk.

No I never said that, do all class 100 have to all be able to lift the same strength? no. Aquaman is strong, but Superman and Wonderwoman are stronger.

Oooook...I never said otherwise.

Never stated, it was shown in Aquaman #17

What the f**k?

(hockey sucks hockey)

embarrasment Now why did you have to go and say that?

Deathstroke
even if it wasn't an entire city block does hawkman have any feats remotely as impressive?

King_Mungi
Here it the city block feat:
1. http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquamanlift1.jpg
2. http://img10.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aquamanlift29dx.jpg

TheKahn

embarrasment Now why did you have to go and say that?

hug Sorry, that was taking it a bit too far. Hockey has its good points (lots of mullets....). wink

King_Mungi
hug Sorry, that was taking it a bit too far. Hockey has its good points (lots of mullets....). wink

....and missing teeth and bad P.O embarrasment

spetznaz
Aquaman is not cl 100.

I hate the Marvel ton-rating system, but based on feats alone Aquaman has done stuff that puts him at 100ton level.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by spetznaz
I hate the Marvel ton-rating system, but based on feats alone Aquaman has done stuff that puts him at 100ton level.

Agreed ... although so have various Marvel characters stated below the 100 ton level.

olympian
"No I never said that, do all class 100 have to all be able to lift the same strength? no. Aquaman is strong, but Superman and Wonderwoman are stronger.

Oooook...I never said otherwise.

Never stated, it was shown in Aquaman #17"

I know it wasent stated. I have the issue. Looks to me a city streeth instead of a whole block for example.

And im not saying he isent strong. Im saying when refering to cl 100, it would be better to keep it as = top tier, otherwise it will always be confusing, since people weaker of that range have lifted hundred of tons and in some cases even more.

And no. Hawkman isent close as strong. Thats why i said Aquaman had this one in the bag.

King_Mungi
I know it wasent stated. I have the issue. Looks to me a city streeth instead of a whole block for example.

And im not saying he isent strong. Im saying when refering to cl 100, it would be better to keep it as = top tier, Otherwise there will always be confusing, since people weak in that range have lifted hundred of tons and in some cases even more.

And no. Hawkman isent close as strong. Thats why i said Aquaman had this one in the bag.

Interviews stated as a city block, but that doesn't matter it is still over 100 tons. We can even see the buildings falling in the background.

Plus back in his classic days he was shown lifting an 8+ story building from collasping. He is top tier, just not #1.

Ok? I never said you thought Hawkman was.

spetznaz

No.
It doesn't put him in the same league as Superman or WW.
Or MM for that matter.

Which is why I am always against using the Marvel ton-rating for DC characters.

Superman et al are indeed stronger, however Aquaman is cl 100 (if one insists on using Marvel rating systems on DC characters). Why? Well, he has done feats that put him firmly on such a footing.

Example:

It is like having a speed rating that goes from 0-100mph.

Now, where would one rate a bicycle?
Let's say this is an average person cycling an average bike at 20mph.
Thus this particular bicycle would be rated as a 20.

What about a Lamborghini?
Well, a Murcielago can go at speeds around 205mph.
So where would it be? Since the scale TOPS at 100MPH, the Lamborghini would have a rating of .....100!

What about a SU-30MKI super-Flanker jet fighter?
Well, it can go at speeds over Mach 2 (actually Mach 2.35).
However, since the 'speed scale' tops at 100mph, the SU30 would have a rating of '100.'

The spaceshuttle can go up at speeds around Mach 25 .........it's rating under my 'speed system' would be ....you guessed it .....100!

This is the problem of the Marvel strength system. It reaches a point where characters simply get 100 (or at times 100+). This is why Aquaman, if one INSISTS in using the Marvel system for DC characters, is a Cl 100 based on his feats.
So is Superman.
And Wonderwoman.
And Martian Manhunter.

However it would be like the analogy I gave above.

Aquaman would be the Lamborghini .....having a rating of 100 even when it can go far faster than that.

Superman and co. would be like the spaceshuttle ......and still have a rating of a 100.

Aquaman having a Cl 100 rating has nothing to do with Superman/WW/MM, as much as it does with the inefficiency of using strength ratings made for Marvel characters on DC characters.
The two are just not analogous.

In DC it is obvious that even though Aquaman is very powerful he is just not at the same level as Superman and co.
However, in Marvel ....using MArvel's strength rating ....Aquaman, Superman, WW and MM would all have Cl.100 ratings.
That is the problem of people trying to force scale ratings for Marvel on DC.

Imagine what would happen if DC made a speed rating, and based it on the Flash, and then people on KMC tried to apply that scale on Marvel.
Goodness ....only a handful of Marvelites would even show up on the list (eg Silver Surfer, the Runner). Virtually everyone else would be too slow to even show up .....QuickSilver for example would be standing still.

Juntai
Interviews stated as a city block, but that doesn't matter it is still over 100 tons. We can even see the buildings falling in the background.

Plus back in his classic days he was shown lifting an 8+ story building from collasping. He is top tier, just not #1.

Ok? I never said you thought Hawkman was. Not to mention the water displacement is rediculous, that feat is easily into several hundred tons. However, he was maxing it.

Juntai
Like, Hawkman could lift a tank.
Aquaman could life the tank, hawkman, and the entire tank hanger they were in without breaking a sweat.
lol.

JOE NUNEZ
stupid question? don't things weigh less under water.......

King_Mungi
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
stupid question? don't things weigh less under water.......

It depends how much pressure there is.

Jack Daniels
pressure sux...lol pass me one beer

King_Mungi
Hey peer-pressure is ok, like don't you want to be popular? well don't you?

grey fox
Aquaman snaps chicken-boy's arm in a single go . As i said in the other match, without the claw of horus HM is nothing.

Lucid Lui
Hawkman's kinda cool... But he has no chance against Aquaman.

Juntai
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
stupid question? don't things weigh less under water....... Boyancy is a relative non factor in the case of him lifting the city block. The water pressure and displacement is incredible. Probably trippled the wieght at least. Because you're lifting the object AND the water throughout it.

olympian
"Interviews stated as a city block, but that doesn't matter it is still over 100 tons. We can even see the buildings falling in the background."

No argument there. If it was stated, then its a city block.

- - -

"Plus back in his classic days he was shown lifting an 8+ story building from collasping. He is top tier, just not #1."

And how many times, he has lifted those kind of weights? What you can say at most its that those -particulary- strenght showings wer top tier. On average hes not on that level. And for me giving a level based on the "high" ends only seems schetched. Those in my recolation are the two best pure strenght feats, Aquaman ever had.

Now, if he starts having more of those then ill glady rank him that high. Hes practically one of my fav DC characters. He sure seems getting more and more impressive.

- - -

"Ok? I never said you thought Hawkman was."

That was to another poster that seemed to imply i was giving chances to Hawkman. Could be me misunderstanding.

King_Mungi
And how many times, he has lifted those kind of weights? What you can say at most its that those -particulary- strenght showings wer top tier. On average hes not on that level. And for me giving a level based on the "high" ends only seems schetched. Those in my recolation are the two best pure strenght feats, Aquaman ever had.

Now, if he starts having more of those then ill glady rank him that high. Hes practically one of my fav DC characters. He sure seems getting more and more impressive.

No he's only really started to kick it into high-gear since he got the waterhand. Also Aquaman ripped head one of the heads of Cerebrus and used the head to break down the gates of Hell. He's an uber badass, that still has high end feats.

Well we will see what this new Aquaman is capable of, he probally has some sort of connection to Arthur's actual hand. Since two issues ago he touched the skelton hand and it started glowing and next issue the new Aquaman appears named Arthur Curry.

R.O.T. Yahman

"Plus back in his classic days he was shown lifting an 8+ story building from collasping. He is top tier, just not #1."

Oh the hipocracy !!!!! I've stated this arguement to you on various ocassions, and you've always denied it as meaningless.

R.O.T. Yahman
No he's only really started to kick it into high-gear since he got the waterhand. Also Aquaman ripped head one of the heads of Cerebrus and used the head to break down the gates of Hell. He's an uber badass, that still has high end feats.

Well we will see what this new Aquaman is capable of, he probally has some sort of connection to Arthur's actual hand. Since two issues ago he touched the skelton hand and it started glowing and next issue the new Aquaman appears named Arthur Curry.

I thought Orin, not Arthur was the current Aquaman ?

I thought Orin was maybe stronger ?

spetznaz
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
I thought Orin, not Arthur was the current Aquaman ?

I thought Orin was maybe stronger ?

Aquaman, born as Orin to Atlantis Queen Atlanna and the mysterious wizard Atlan, was abandoned on Mercy Reef as a baby because of his blonde hair, which was seen by the superstitious Atlanteans as a curse they called "the Mark of Kordax." The only one who spoke up on Orin's behalf was Vulko, a scientist who had no time for myth or superstition, and while his pleas had no effect, Vulko would later become a close friend and advisor of Orin's. Orin was found on the reef by dolphins; one of the dolphins, named Porm, took Orin in and became his adopted mother. As a child, Orin was found and taken in by a lighthouse keeper who gave him his own name, Arthur Curry.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by spetznaz
Aquaman, born as Orin to Atlantis Queen Atlanna and the mysterious wizard Atlan, was abandoned on Mercy Reef as a baby because of his blonde hair, which was seen by the superstitious Atlanteans as a curse they called "the Mark of Kordax." The only one who spoke up on Orin's behalf was Vulko, a scientist who had no time for myth or superstition, and while his pleas had no effect, Vulko would later become a close friend and advisor of Orin's. Orin was found on the reef by dolphins; one of the dolphins, named Porm, took Orin in and became his adopted mother. As a child, Orin was found and taken in by a lighthouse keeper who gave him his own name, Arthur Curry.

# yahman blushes #

I think Orins his son in the cartoon, hence my retarded statement !

Cut me some slack .... I nominated you for best debater in that circus act, that was the KMC Awards.

King_Mungi
Yeah, Aquaman has two names: Orin as his Atleantean name, and Arthur Curry as his human name.

King_Mungi
# yahman blushes #

It's Arthur Curry Jr. in the comics as well, but unlike the show Black Manta killed the child in the comics.

grey fox
It's Arthur Curry Jr. in the comics as well, but unlike the show Black Manta killed the child in the comics.

Black manta was a useless sack of crap , AM should have ripped the ****ers off in a single go.....

spetznaz
# yahman blushes #

Cut me some slack .... I nominated you for best debater in that circus act, that was the KMC Awards.

Hey ....no flames from me. smile
You are, as they say over here, 'good people.'

olympian
"Oh the hipocracy !!!!! I've stated this arguement to you on various ocassions, and you've always denied it as meaningless."

What exactly did i denied? That there are regular levels and high end feats for everyone? Hercules regular level isent planetary stuff. His high ends are. This means regular wise he wont do those kind of stuff unless the story requires it. Unless he pushes to his "best".

Same for Superman. Same for Hulk. Same for Thor.

Aquamans case: He isent top tier. Thats not his regular level. He has however top tier feats. This case its akin to Wonder Man more or less.

Aquaman becomes top tier, when he starts pulling top tier stuff -frequently- and starts having "high ends" -above- the ones he has now.

He seems to be moving up there but he isent at the place yet.

Where is the hipocrasy here?

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by grey fox
Black manta was a useless sack of crap , AM should have ripped the ****ers off in a single go..... Black Manta's cool. He's like Aquaman's Lex Luthor. He really shouldn't stand a chance against Aquaman, but he's resourceful enough to give Aquaman some trouble. Plus he's lucky that Aquaman, more often than not, tends to shy away from killing.

Well he was lucky... until issue #39.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.