ROTS Anakin vs. ROTS Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vpokdekjyafmidp
setting on mustafar
sorry if this was done before, the search wasnt working

Darth Kal-El
Vader fights more viciously and furiously. He wins 6/10.

vpokdekjyafmidp
but vader is more cocky, less level headed and more stupid

Darth Kal-El
....he is? confused

vpokdekjyafmidp
yes

Darth Kal-El
You can't really compare ROTS Anakin and ROTS Vader because they're basically the same person. He doesn't change that much throughout the movie. Only his personality changes. His lightsaber skills are still the same and his Force powers are equal, but Vader does more offenseive stunts with the Force. ROTS Anakin can Force choke too if hes angry enough

Guy LeDouche
Vader, he would be more prone to using offensive powers than Anakin.

vpokdekjyafmidp
but then again, obi wan was more defensive when he fought vader, while vader was being more offensive.

and some people agrue that vader was more skilled lightsaberwise than obi wan.

Arker
Soresu is bad against other sabers. Its only strong point is blaster bolts.

Anyways, like Sidious said, "I feel your anger... It makes you stronger!"

Dark Anakin wins.

vpokdekjyafmidp
but strength is not the only factor in a fight

Akechi Misuhide
This sort of like raw power vs experience.

vpokdekjyafmidp
pretty much, bc vader fights on the edgy side, and throws away some of his experience

darthsith19
Anakin > Dooku > Obi-Wan > Vader

And seriously, they fight very much the same except Vader's more overconfident, blinded by rage, less focused. All these things bring him down. And there's nothing to make up for these weaknesses. So Anakin wins.

tdtd
Anakin became the greatest force wielder in the galaxy when he joined the dark side, but he also became insanely stupid, so it could go either way.

vpokdekjyafmidp
no actually sidious was still more powerful

and Count Dooku > Anakin

tdtd
I still think Count Dooku sorta let Anakin win and yes Sidious was more powerful at the time because Anakin didn't understand/realize his full powers. GL clearly states Anakin becomes the most powerful being once he joins the dark side.

Captain REX
Originally posted by darthsith19
Anakin > Dooku > Obi-Wan > Vader

And seriously, they fight very much the same except Vader's more overconfident, blinded by rage, less focused. All these things bring him down. And there's nothing to make up for these weaknesses. So Anakin wins.

That listing doesn't work. Dooku is superior to Anakin, but he lost that fight, and Anakin is superior to Kenobi, but he lost the final duel as well. Duels don't always say things about your skill.

However, sometimes they do, like the way Dooku manhandled Kenobi and Skywalker in AOTC, Kenobi again in ROTS, and the three Masters by Sidious in ROTS...

darthsith19
And Yoda. And if Dooku really > Anakin then he's a ****ing moron for letting Anakin kill him.

The only proof we have on who's really stronger between Dooku and Anakin is Nick Gillard saying Anakin has better saber skills.

tdtd
True

darthsith19
And do I think Dooku was going easy on Anakin? Not very much, I think he was messing with him a little, like when he stopped to comment on his strength in the dark side, but Dooku was getting tired, too, as Sorgo mentioned once, the script says so itself; Dooku and Obi-Wan were getting tired. Anakin was not.

Akechi Misuhide
Originally posted by darthsith19
And do I think Dooku was going easy on Anakin? Not very much, I think he was messing with him a little, like when he stopped to comment on his strength in the dark side, but Dooku was getting tired, too, as Sorgo mentioned once, the script says so itself; Dooku and Obi-Wan were getting tired. Anakin was not.

That's becuase Anakin was all hyped up on the Dark Side.

MC Spartan
Yeah, Anakin was smarter (albeit not much) when he wasn't consumed by the dark side but had less force powers but i think his saber skills were better when he wasn't consumed. So i'm going to have to say Anakin is a little better then Vader.

darthsith19
And he could do the same if he fought Vader. And win. Cause he still has more focus, less overconfidence and less ignorance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.