Terran Battlecruiser (Starcraft) vs. Fek'lhr (Star Trek Armada II)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Twilight Janick
Setting: over Tatooine.

Gouki
I'm sorry man, I don't know a thing about Star Wars and anything related to it..

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Gouki
I'm sorry man, I don't know a thing about Star Wars and anything related to it.. Actually, its a Starcraft vs Star Trek type battle. I'm afraid I'm a bit out of my element as well. I'm familiar with only the TV/Film cannon craft.

What's your opinion, Twilight Janick? What type of ship is the Fek'lhr?

SaTsuJiN
lol.. a star trek and a starcraft are going to battle in star wars airspace?.. thats just a botch job...

can you give info about "Fek'Ihr" ?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. a star trek and a starcraft are going to battle in star wars airspace?.. thats just a botch job...

can you give info about "Fek'Ihr" ? I blame Q.

Twilight Janick
A Starcraft vs. Star Trek battle in Star Wars space is set so because no one would have the advantage of space.

Fek'lhrs are the only Klingon ships to be equipped with ion cannons. Furthermore, their main purpose is to serve as science ships, though they are equipped with disruptors and photon torpedoes.

When are we authorized to change the number of ships (if we wished a more even match)?

Shin_Gouken
The Battlecruisers are equipped with very powerful laser cannons to be used for both land and air (I think they're called ATS and ATT batteries) Anyway, the fact that they are lasers makes them extremely accurate, and the fact that its a battlecruiser makes it hurt...a lot.

Not only do they have unbelievable firepower but they also exhibit incredible defense. They are not equipped with shields but despite that they can withstand volley after volley of missiles and anti-air fire from the ground.

And now, my favorite, the yamato gun. The yamato gun is an incredibly powerful charge weapon on the battlecruiser. The battlecruiser can only use it once and it will be charged back up again a long time later. This weapon can be used to crush buildings on the ground instantly or to bring an enemy Battlecruiser (or its protoss counterpart, a Carrier) to critical health. No doubt, a single hit from the battlecruiser will destroy a Fek'lhr instantly. At the very least, it would take out all of its shields and simply follow up with a fusillade of "big laser death".

Twilight Janick
Remember, there is only one cannon usable against the Fek'lhrs. The Fek'lhrs' weapons: four heavy disruptors (equivalent to phasers-X), two standard photon torpedo launchers and two ion cannons.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Shin_Gouken
And now, my favorite, the yamato gun. The yamato gun is an incredibly powerful charge weapon on the battlecruiser. The battlecruiser can only use it once and it will be charged back up again a long time later. This weapon can be used to crush buildings on the ground instantly or to bring an enemy Battlecruiser (or its protoss counterpart, a Carrier) to critical health. No doubt, a single hit from the battlecruiser will destroy a Fek'lhr instantly. At the very least, it would take out all of its shields and simply follow up with a fusillade of "big laser death". If all your information is accurate, the Terran BC doesn't have a chance. With no shields, the ship will be gone with a single photon torpedo detonation. Likewise, a single disruptor would cause massive damage to the ship (a disruptor is a matter disintegrator weapon).

The TBC's most powerful weapon destroys buildings? And can only be used once? A single Klingon heavy disruptor (the Klingons' weakest weapon here) can destroy an unshielded compound with a single blast. And these can be fired in rapid succession.

The data suggests that the TBC will be vastly overpowered and out tech-ed by the Klingon ship, science vessel though it may be.

Twilight, you're welcome to change the conditions of the match at anytime, since you thought it up.

Twilight Janick
They are ships of equivalent sizes, but the photon torpedoes' yields are variable.

The in-game Starcraft cinematic "Coronation" shows a Yamato Gun destroying a Confederate BC. The Confederate BC is blown up, while disruptors can vaporize BCs. They have shields, as per this quote:

taken from the Brood War mission 5b: Birds of War and said at the start of the mission.

The shields can withstand volleys of missiles and intense anti-air fire from ground but the yields of missiles aren't much: a BC's shields (because BC shields can't recharge and if a BC's HP goes to 0, the ship's hull blow up) can withstand 21 dual-fire anti-matter missiles from a Protoss (Conclave, then Federation) Scout and one round has a 475-kiloton yield.

Shin_Gouken
Alright alright, I didn't really know what a fek'lhr was anyway I was just putting that out there. You guys were making it sound like it was some kinda weak science ship.

Twilight Janick
Alright alright, I didn't really know what a fek'lhr was anyway I was just putting that out there. You guys were making it sound like it was some kinda weak science ship.

Well, let me put that to you that way: a Fek'lhr is armed with four phasers-X, two photon torpedoes and two ion cannons. If a phaser-X has a 5,000 TJ yield, and photon torpedoes has a maximum yield of 50 megatons (assuming that the Yamato Gun can withstand 20 megatons), the Fek'lhr takes it.

Acrosurge
Alright alright, I didn't really know what a fek'lhr was anyway I was just putting that out there. You guys were making it sound like it was some kinda weak science ship. Sorry, dude. We didn't mean to belittle anything you wrote. I guess it is a science vessel, but it is a Klingon science vessel! Klingons have a tendency to be over-armed.

Twilight Janick
And Klingon crews are better in one-on-one combat.

confederacy
It was stated in the e-book Starcraft-Uprising that 20 Terran Confederacy Battlecruisers launched 1000 nuclear missiles at the rebel Sons of Korhal's homeworld Korhal IV, extinguishing all lives (35 million) from its surface.

Tha C-Master
Yamato can be used again shortly after, but then not after that for a long time.

TricksterPriest
Starcraft technology is lightyears behind Star Trek. This is pretty much a one sided massacre.

TricksterPriest
God damn it.....

TricksterPriest
GOD DAMN DOUBLE POST! I hate lag......

TricksterPriest
Ditto

Liquid_Fire
BC's don't have shields that quote is not serious it's meant to be comical. Also, a BC needs to turn itself to shoot the Yamato Cannon, the only real weapon it'd have against the Klingon vessel, and BC's are slow buggers in manuver, so the Klingon's could just get out of the way. Also, lasers cannot hurt a Klingon hull, nor can they hurt Federation and I think Romulan. An example is in one eopisode where a ship armed with lasers threatens the enterprise and they deactivate all their shields because their hulls cannot be damaged by lasers almost at all. You'd need to pound on them for like 3 days before you got through. As said the Klingon's weapons are far too powerful.

TricksterPriest
Can we get a lock, or the thread creator to fix the match up? This is an unfair fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.