Interesting...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JaehSkywalker
for me though... look at this... posting:

Bantha Brain - An insult indicating one has the intelligence of the slow-moving Bantha ("Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees," Tales From Jabba's Palace).

Bantha Fodder! - An exclamation. The word "fodder," meaning food for livestock, has likely been contaminated in this instance by the double-meaning of the Huttese word Poodoo (New Jedi Order: Star by Star, Return of the Jedi).

Blast! - An interjection, the equivalent of "shoot!" (A New Hope).

Blaster Bolts! - An interjection (Young Jedi Knights series).

Bloah - An interjection (Tatooine Ghost).

Borked - An adaptable expletive; see Farkled and the the other "F" Words (Galaxies).

Bug-lover - A low-level insult often directed toward children (Ewoks: The Battle for Endor).

By the black stars - An exclamation (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous).

By the Dawn Wind - A S'kytri exclamation (Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1).

By the Force! - An exclamation (original source?).

By the Original Light - An exclamation (Han Solo at Stars' End).

By the pitiless stars - An exclamation (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous).

By the stars - An exclamation (Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1).

By the Twi'lek Goddess - An exclamation (Tales of the Jedi audio drama).

Byss' Blind Eye! - An exclamation of the one-eyed Abyssin, it refers to their homeworld, rather than the Deep Core planet by the same name ("Ghost," Tales Vol. 3).

Carbon flush! - An exclamation (Emissary of the Void).

Carbon-scored - A derogatory modifier used among droids, as in, "You carbon-scored cry-baby!" (Marve Comics #31, "Doom Mission"wink.

Chuff-sucking Leech - An insult, likely referring to the habit of some species of annelid. Jabba was referred to as a chuff-sucking leech for his appearance, his moral character, or both ("Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees," Tales From Jabba's Palace).

Di'kut - Mandalorian for a fool. Di'kute in plural form (Republic Commando: Hard contact, "Omega Squad: Targets" Insider #81).

Doellin's Triple Teats! - A Gran exclamation, referring to their doe-like goddess ("Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees," Tales From Jabba's Palace).

Dubesor - An insult on Antipose XII (Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon).

Durned - A derogatory modifier (Republic #62: No Man's Land).

Dwarfnut - Neimoidian for a fool (Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide).

Emperor's Black Bones! - An exclamation (X-Wing novels).

Emperor's Black Heart - A derogatory modifier (I, Jedi), as in, "What in the Emperor's Black Heart...?"

For galaxy's sake - An exclamation (Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth).

For star's sake - An interjection

Gravel maggot - An insult, referring to a species of worm that feeds on rotting flesh indigenous to the hills and rocky badlands of Tatooine (Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley, A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, 1st Edition).

Great Gobs of Bantha Poodoo! - An exclamation (The Phantom Menace novelization).

Haja - A curse (The Approaching Storm).

Holy Sith! - An interjection (Galactic Battlegrounds).

Holy Womp Rats - An exclamation (Star Wars #27, "Starcrash"wink.

Hutt Slime! - An exclamation (New Jedi Order: Balance Point).

In the name of crushing black holes - An exclamation (Yoda: Dark Rendezvous).

Jango's Bones - An exclamation used among Republic clone troopers, referring to their deceased donor, bounty hunter Jango Fett (Reversal of Fortune).

Kanushka - A Kubaz exclamation (MedStar: Battle Surgeons).

Kark! - An adaptable expletive; also Kark on you! (Republic #66, Clone Wars Vol. 5 and Vol. 6).

Kiss My Asteroid - A pejorative request ("Skreej," Tales Vol. 3).

Kiss My Wookiee - A pejorative request (The Courtship of Princess Leia). Note that this double entendre adds a whole new layer to Leia and Han's exchange in the Empire Strikes Back. Leia: "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee"; Han: "I can arrange that."

Kriffing - A derogatory modifier (Vision of the Future).

Ktah! - A rare Chiss curse (Force Heretic: Refugee).

Laserbrain - An insult, as in "I don't know where you get your delusions from, laserbrain." (The Empire Strikes Back).

Loz noy jitat - A curse ("Medstar: Intermezzo," Star Wars Insider #83).

Lurdo - An Ewokese term meaning jerk, dummy, etc. (The Ewok Adventure).

Lylek-dung-grubber - An insult, likely referring to an odd habit of the insectoid lylek predator of the planet Ryloth (New Jedi Order: Star by Star, The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons).

Minions of Xendor! - An exclamation (The Lando Calrissian Adventures). This also refers to the followers of the dark sider Xendor during the Jedi conflict known as the First Great Schism.

Misery-guts - An insult used to describe an overbearing and trying individual ("Omega Squad: Targets," Insider #81).

Moons of Baroli! - An exclamation (Reversal of Fortune).

Moons of Yavin! - An exclamation referring to the many satellites of the gas giant Yavin (Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1).

Mradhe Muck - A curse, as in "What the blinkin' mradhe muck is going on here?" (Hand of Thrawn: Specter of the Past).

Mudcrutch - An insult (Star Wars Republic #55-58: Battle of Jabiim).

Murglak - An insult (The Stark Hyperspace War). Most likely a species of foul creature; see Son of a Murglak.

Nerfherder - A legitimate occupation on the planet Alderaan; an insult among Alderaanian nobility (The Empire Strikes Back). See Scruffy-looking.

Piece of Dianoga Dung -- A curse ("A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale," Tales From the Mos Eisely Cantina).

Prugnuficating - An as yet unknown disgusting act or natural phenomenon; possibly some variation of defecating, putrifying, or both (Jabba the Hutt: The Art of the Deal).

Rankweed sucker - An insult, referring to the pre-processed form of rank, a food with a gummy texture, served in a bucket (Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, MedStar I: Battle Surgeons, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous).

Rot in Boboqueequee! - A pejorative request, referring to some terrible place (Jabba the Hutt: The Art of the Deal).

Schutta - A Twi'leki insult, generally reserved for females (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords).

Scrap-pile - An insult used among and directed at droids, as in "You'll be malfunctioning within a day you near-sighted scrap-pile!" (A New Hope).

Scrag-end - An insult (Republic Commando: Hard Contact).

Scruffy-looking - A derogatory modifier, as in "You low-down, stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerfherder!" (The Empire Strikes Back).

Shavit - A curse (The Hand of Thrawn: Vision of the Future).

Shee - A Haruun Kal curse (Shatterpoint).

Sithspawn - An interjection (X-Wing: Rogue Squadron). Note that Sithspawn also refers to a specific kind of creature mutated by Sith magic.

Sithspit - An interjection (X-Wing novels).

Skloob - Urine or the act of urinating, as in "Technically, you haven't got a receptacle to skloob in" (Han Solo and the Lost Legacy).

Skrag - (original source?)

Slag! - An interjection (original source?)

Snarkin' - A derogatory modifier (Republic #59: Enemy Lines).

Son of a Murglak - An insult (Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords).

Son of a Sow - A Gamorrean curse (Planet of Twilight).

Space! - An interjection (original source?)

Spast! - An interjection (Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast).

Spawn of a Space Slug - An insult (Domain of Evil).

Spawn of Nilgarian Worm - An insult ("Goatgrass: The Tale of Ree-Yees," Tales From Jabba's Palace).

Spoggick - An insult, most likely referring to a small animal possibly from Boboqueequee, as in, "Rot in Boboqueequee, you scrunty prugnuficating spoggick!" (Jabba the Hutt: The Art of the Deal). I'm indebted to JF Boivin for bringing this quote to my attention. It is likely unparalleled.

Stang! - An Alderaanian curse (Splinter of the Mind's Eye).

Starforsaken - A derogatory modifier (Labyrinth of Evil).

Stars and Galaxies! - An exclamation (Jedi Apprentice series).

Stars' End - A curse, referring to the penal colony located at one of the far ends of the galaxy in the Corporate Sector (Labyrinth of Evil).

Sweet Sookie - An exclamation (MedStar: Battle Surgeons).

Tarkin's Teeth - An Imperial exclamation, proceeding Grand Moff Tarkin's death (The Hand of Thrawn: Vision of the Future).

Tides of the Force - An exclamation (Reversal of Fortune).

Tundin' - A derogatory modifier ("Galaxywide NewsNets," Adventure Journal #10).

Verre d'n Nocka! - A Kerestian curse (Secrets of the Sisar Run).

Verre! - A short version of the previous (Secrets of the Sisar Run).

Woodrat - An insult, possibly referring to a creature within the forests of the Endor Moon (Ewoks: Battle for Endor).

What in the Nine Moons?! - An exclamation (Classic Star Wars: A Long Time Ago... Vol. 1).

THE "F" WORDS:

Farkled - An adaptable expletive, as in, "You just got farkled." (Tales 4)

Feech - Ewokese for "shoot!" (Caravan of Courage: The Ewok Adventure).

Festering - An adaptable expletive (Children of the Jedi, Planet of Twilight).

Ferglutz - An interjection (Clone Wars Vol. 5).

Fierfek - Huttese for a "hex" or "curse"; mistakenly adopted as a curse word by the rest of the galaxy (Tales From Jabba's Palace).

Flaming - A derogatory modifier (The Han Solo Adventures).

Frack - An adaptable expletive (The Black Fleet Crisis: Shield of Lies). Note that this is an homage to the television program Battlestar Galactica.

Frag - An adaptable expletive (Original source?)

Frell - A curse (Wizards of the Coast Web Site: The Living Force). Note that this is an homage to the Farscape sci-fi series where the term frell originally appeared.

Frotz - A curse (Wizards of the Coast Web site: Planet Hoppers).

JaehSkywalker
HUTTESE INSULTS

Chuba! - Translating from Huttese as "You!" or "Hey you!" but also literally the Huttese name for an animal that is the Star Wars equivalent of a frog or toad (The Phantom Menace).

E chu ta! - An insult (The Empire Strikes Back).

Koochoo - Huttese for idiot (Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide).

Kung - An insult (or compliment) translating as scum (Return of the Jedi), as in U kulle rah doe kankee kung: You are my kind of scum.

Peedunky -- An insult, translating loosely as punk (The Phantom Menace).

Poodoo - Huttese for excrement (The Phantom Menace). Oddly, this term also translates from Huttese to Basic as "fodder," as in "You might have been a good smuggler, but now you're just Bantha fodder!" (Return of the Jedi).

Shag - An insult, translating as slave (The Phantom Menace).

Sleemo - An insult, translating as slimeball (The Phantom Menace).

Stoopa - Huttese for a fool (Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide).

Vench My Skug! - A Huttese exclamation (Podracing Tales).

COMMON EARTH CURSES FROM THE FILMS

I'll see you in hell! - An exclamation (The Empire Strikes Back).

Scum - An insult, as in "You Rebel scum!" (Return of the Jedi).

What in the blazes... - An exclamation (Attack of the Clones).

YUUZHAN VONG INVECTIVE: (Curses in the Invaders' tongue)

Kane a bar - An insult, translating from the Yuuzhan Vong language as "dung of a meat maggot" (Star by Star, New Jedi Order Sourcebook). Note that this is a play on a Yuuzhan Vong word denoting status in the social hierarchy, Kanabar which means "Fellow low-caste person."

Puul - A curse (Edge of Victory: Conquest).

Tsup - An insult, translating loosely as a wicked slave (Edge of Victory: Rebirth).

Vhlor - Used as an insult, it is the name of a filthy Yuuzhan Vong animal (Edge of Victory: Rebirth).

Vong - A grave insult among the pious Yuuzhan Vong when used alone, with connotations that an individual is godless or barbaric (Edge of Victory: Conquest).

Yadaj dakl, ignot! - A venomous curse (New Jedi Order Sourcebook).

a list of expressions they use... i don't think this is complete tho, and i forgot where i found this.. i just think its intrestin...

Wesker
Damn. Where'd you find these?

Fishy
You have way to much time on your hands if you figured all these things out yourself...

JaehSkywalker
i don't know where i got them actually... i forgot the site.. i think its neat...

Tangible God
Me grammatical mind-set was bruised after the first ten.

JaehSkywalker
big grin

CobbleR
I would read all of these, but it just be a waste of time because I wouldn't be able to use them. If I did the world might implode.........

DarthBanevv
You forgot Emperor's black bones and Sith Spawn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.