Matrix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

omaga
Are we all in the matrix?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by omaga

What does this movie have to do with Religion?

Eis
This thread has nothing to do with religion and frankly, it's quite ridiculous.

Reported.

omaga
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What does this movie have to do with Religion?

its another therory on life!!!

omaga
Originally posted by Eis
This thread has nothing to do with religion and frankly, it's quite ridiculous.

Reported.

grass

omaga
There is no such thing as god put it that way.

Shakyamunison
There is no such thing as god put it that way.

Is your understanding of God based on the Christian god?

omaga
Is your understanding of God based on the Christian god?

All gods! no offence to anyone!!

Shakyamunison
All gods! no offence to anyone!!

But how do you know that without understanding my question?

eggmayo
Personally, I think it is a valid outlook. Better suited to the philosophy forum, though. Who says we're not all part of one massive conscience, living a lie?

The Matrix raised some MASSIVE issues with me, I had truely never thought about life like that before. Why ARE we here?

Do we even exist?

Are we actually in a game of some sort, just an AI to the players?

debbiejo
Or questions like "Is life an Illusion or not"...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by eggmayo
Personally, I think it is a valid outlook. Better suited to the philosophy forum, though. Who says we're not all part of one massive conscience, living a lie?

The Matrix raised some MASSIVE issues with me, I had truely never thought about life like that before. Why ARE we here?

Do we even exist?

If you say we are in the "matrix" is that not a god?

omaga
But how do you know that without understanding my question?

Dont patranize me! I have nothing against my so call "god" Im just not blinded!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

omaga
Originally posted by eggmayo

Do we even exist?

wrong tab my be ur rite! but that u for u views smile

omaga
wrong tab my be ur rite! but that u for u views smile

that was thanks for ur views by the way! typin error D'oh

Shakyamunison
Dont patranize me! I have nothing against my so call "god" Im just not blinded!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

I am not patronizing you. I am just trying to talk to you. I am also not blinded, and see God in a different way then you may have ever thought of.

So is your understanding of god, that does not exist, based on the Christian model?

omaga
I am not patronizing you. I am just trying to talk to you. I am also not blinded, and see God in a different way then you may have ever thought of.

So is your understanding of god, that does not exist, based on the Christian model?

maybe i was a little rude! i am a christian yes. But iv looked a some other religions to and im not really convinced.

Shakyamunison
maybe i was a little rude! i am a christian yes. But iv looked a some other religions to and im not really convinced.

I don't want to convince you of anything. I too was once a Christian but now I am a Buddhist. I believe that the gods of the religions of the world are all symbols for something that cannot be understood. In Buddhism this is call the mystic law. I call the mystic law God because I choose to. The matrix could be used as an illustration of the mystic law in that we cannot understand the true nature of God or the mystic law or the greater universe including all that is and is not.

Mindship
IMO, the Matrix is a wonderful metaphor for maya. It takes a millennium-old philosophical/mystical perspective and puts a modern spin on it, something the Computer Age denizen should easily be able to grasp.

Heck, it's even better than, Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, the Matrix is a wonderful metaphor for maya. It takes a millennium-old philosophical/mystical perspective and puts a modern spin on it, something the Computer Age denizen should easily be able to grasp.

Yes, Maya... big grin

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Mindship

Yeah nice thought ! Matrix a modern version of maya, and there is a high probability they took this concept to make the movie. Maya the manifested world, the world of illusion, the world of the five senses, the first five tattvas...

LilPOS
but then you must also think that if it is god in the christian way.........how do robots fit into the whole scheme of things.....aka gods master plan?

Eis
Why hasn't this gotten closed yet? It's ludicrous!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.