"Casting Out"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quiero Mota
What do you think about those TV preachers who claim to have special powers, and then you see them putting their hand on someone's head and yell "Come out of him, you demon!" and that person is having convulsions on the floor.

I personally think its a sham, stupid, annoying, and an affront to the true practice of Exorcism.

Makedde
It's absolute bullshit, IMO.

Darth Jello
One time I was constipated and a TV preacher punched me in the stomach. I shat my pants so he must have divine powers.

Storm
It' s despicable. They prey on the elderly, the vulnerable, the sick, the dying, the mentally handicapped.

WrathfulDwarf
Funny...they tried that on me and it never work....muhahahaha!!!

leonheartmm
its BULLSHIT.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
its BULLSHIT.

My words exactly. big grin

Darth Jello
"buy my soda, said the moose diarrhea salesman, but when we got home and drank it, it was not what we expected."
-Jello Biafra

Punker69
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
What do you think about those TV preachers who claim to have special powers, and then you see them putting their hand on someone's head and yell "Come out of him, you demon!" and that person is having convulsions on the floor.

I personally think its a sham, stupid, annoying, and an affront to the true practice of Exorcism.

I've never met any preacher who thought they had "special powers" when they cast out a demon. Its called the power of the name of Jesus. And preachers i've been around always tell the congregation and stress the fact that the name of Jesus has so much power. They dont claim to have something that nobody else can posess because they're so mediocre.

The practice of Exorcism thats seens in all those bogus Hollywood movies is a shame to the true teaching of that in the Bible.

In Luke 9:42 Jesus rebukes an unclean spirit just by uttering a couple words.

In Mark 1:25 Jesus rebuked an unclean spirit by simply saying "hold they peace and come out"

In Luke 4:35 Jesus rebuked a Devil by simply saying "Hold they peace and come out of him"

Before Jesus ascended into heaven he said this in Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe;In my name shall they cast out devils" He didn't say we have to go through some elaborate process called an exorcism to cast out a demon. All we have to do is speak the name of Jesus and the demon must obey its creator.

Then it goes on to say "They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover" (This explains why alot of preachers pray for the sick.)

I dont mean to say that sick people are demon posessed. But they do have a spirit of infirmity dwelling inside of them. Its neither demon opressing them or demon posessing them but merely physically injuring that certain area of the body. It doesnt mean that the person is bad and that they've allowed it to come into there life it just means that Satan desires to "Kill, steal, and destroy" as said in John 10:10.

Storm, I never see them prey on the sick, elderly, etc. Most of the time if theres a service like that they ask if anyone wants to come forward and be healed. They dont walk around telling the handicapped that they're demon posessed.

debbiejo

I personally think its a sham, stupid, annoying, and an affront to the true practice of Exorcism. Ohhhhhhhh like the church I was raised in........... mad

Yeah, I had a demon in me too........... cool

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Ohhhhhhhh like the church I was raised in........... mad

Yeah, I had a demon in me too........... cool

Demons do not exist. Most of these people are sick.

debbiejo
evil face Are you sure??

Shakyamunison
evil face Are you sure??

Yes!angel

debbiejo
This demon thing is really just a bunch of crap.......I've seen it, heard recordings of it, been told me and others had them. Been told they are in cars/vans, or what ever goes wrong....Hey, your stereo not working....It's because of demons. Having a bad day?....It's because of demons....Got an upset stomach...demons, demons, demons.....blah blah...etc, etc ....

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Punker69
I've never met any preacher who thought they had "special powers" when they cast out a demon. Its called the power of the name of Jesus. And preachers i've been around always tell the congregation and stress the fact that the name of Jesus has so much power. They dont claim to have something that nobody else can posess because they're so mediocre.

The practice of Exorcism thats seens in all those bogus Hollywood movies is a shame to the true teaching of that in the Bible.

In Luke 9:42 Jesus rebukes an unclean spirit just by uttering a couple words.

In Mark 1:25 Jesus rebuked an unclean spirit by simply saying "hold they peace and come out"

In Luke 4:35 Jesus rebuked a Devil by simply saying "Hold they peace and come out of him"

Before Jesus ascended into heaven he said this in Mark 16:17 "And these signs shall follow them that believe;In my name shall they cast out devils" He didn't say we have to go through some elaborate process called an exorcism to cast out a demon. All we have to do is speak the name of Jesus and the demon must obey its creator.

Then it goes on to say "They shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover" (This explains why alot of preachers pray for the sick.)

I dont mean to say that sick people are demon posessed. But they do have a spirit of infirmity dwelling inside of them. Its neither demon opressing them or demon posessing them but merely physically injuring that certain area of the body. It doesnt mean that the person is bad and that they've allowed it to come into there life it just means that Satan desires to "Kill, steal, and destroy" as said in John 10:10.

Storm, I never see them prey on the sick, elderly, etc. Most of the time if theres a service like that they ask if anyone wants to come forward and be healed. They dont walk around telling the handicapped that they're demon posessed.

Actually the movie The Exorcist was quite accurate.

By the law of the Catholic Church there are 4 traits that a person must exhibit in order for an Exorcism to occur:

1. Exhibition of super-human strength

2. Speaking an arcane language that they would never know.

3. Having intimate knowledge of things they wouldn't know

4. Having an inhuman voice

And a priest most go to the big boys in the Vatican to get permission to do it. So its not a frivolous activity.

Since those televangelists are not Catholic they are not bound by any rigid rules, and any old Joe off the street who calls himself a preacher can perform an ancient practice of which he has no knowledge and the person exhibits no symptoms of possesion and has no evidence whatsoever.

As a Roman Catholic I find it absolutely ludicrous.

Punker69
This demon thing is really just a bunch of crap.......I've seen it, heard recordings of it, been told me and others had them. Been told they are in cars/vans, or what ever goes wrong....Hey, your stereo not working....It's because of demons. Having a bad day?....It's because of demons....Got an upset stomach...demons, demons, demons.....blah blah...etc, etc ....

Cars/ Vans? Lol. One of the pastors at my church laughed at the fact that some people think there's a demon in everything. He said "If your car gets a flat tire its because you didn't put air in it" Ya see, he's logical too.

Luckily the pastors at my church dont think everyone that doesn't receive what they have to say is posessed. I've never been told I had a demon in me. What kind of church did you visit?

Shakyamunison
Cars/ Vans? Lol. One of the pastors at my church laughed at the fact that some people think there's a demon in everything. He said "If your car gets a flat tire its because you didn't put air in it" Ya see, he's logical too.

Luckily the pastors at my church dont think everyone that doesn't receive what they have to say is posessed. I've never been told I had a demon in me. What kind of church did you visit?

So, if a person is convulsing on the ground, that person has an illness. If you are going to say that person is possessed, then so is your car.

debbiejo

Luckily the pastors at my church dont think everyone that doesn't receive what they have to say is posessed. I've never been told I had a demon in me. What kind of church did you visit? Pentecostal to the max!! I was raised in that church.

Oh, and also it could be god doing it to you also, because you're not right with god.....Chastising thingie.

Punker69
Pentecostal to the max!! I was raised in that church.

Oh, and also it could be god doing it to you also, because you're not right with god.....Chastising thingie.

Wow. I've heard of churches like that. I've just never actually been in one. Trust me, not all Pentecostal churches are like that.

I've heard of churches where they follow all sorts of laws that aren't even in the Bible. Its not that its wrong its just a little too much.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, if a person is convulsing on the ground, that person has an illness. If you are going to say that person is possessed, then so is your car.

What else could it be besides an "illness" if the person is convulsing on the ground?

Shakyamunison
...What else could it be besides an "illness" if the person is convulsing on the ground?

confused

Makedde
I find it really dispicable, these people. We see these sorts of weirdos on Current Affairs shows all the time. The 'preacher' person get someone out of the audience, convieniently they are in a wheelchair. There is this huge sob story about how they become paralysed many years ago, and everyone in the audience cries. The 'paralysed' person then sits in front of the 'preacher' who says a lot of weird shit, and then pushes two fingers against the 'paralysed' persons head. How incredible when the 'paralysed' person gets out of their wheelchair and walks around. OMG the demon has been cast out of that persons body. Gimme a ****ing break.

Punker69
Actually the movie The Exorcist was quite accurate.

By the law of the Catholic Church there are 4 traits that a person must exhibit in order for an Exorcism to occur:

1. Exhibition of super-human strength

2. Speaking an arcane language that they would never know.

3. Having intimate knowledge of things they wouldn't know

4. Having an inhuman voice

And a priest most go to the big boys in the Vatican to get permission to do it. So its not a frivolous activity.

Since those televangelists are not Catholic they are not bound by any rigid rules, and any old Joe off the street who calls himself a preacher can perform an ancient practice of which he has no knowledge and the person exhibits no symptoms of possesion and has no evidence whatsoever.

As a Roman Catholic I find it absolutely ludicrous.

You can go by any laws you please to. It makes no difference to me. I go by what the Bible says. Not by some ancient laws that say you cant simply use the name of Jesus to rebuke a devil but you need to use some ancient practice when in reality the demon has no power compared to what you have in Jesus name. You dont need to go through some elborate process that in the end only glorify Satans power when you have something much greater on your side. This exorcism fad is the real ludicrous.

Besides, who's mentioning those televangelist? I never even watch them. I dont even agree with 90% of them.

Punker69
Originally posted by Makedde
I find it really dispicable, these people. We see these sorts of weirdos on Current Affairs shows all the time. The 'preacher' person get someone out of the audience, convieniently they are in a wheelchair. There is this huge sob story about how they become paralysed many years ago, and everyone in the audience cries. The 'paralysed' person then sits in front of the 'preacher' who says a lot of weird shit, and then pushes two fingers against the 'paralysed' persons head. How incredible when the 'paralysed' person gets out of their wheelchair and walks around. OMG the demon has been cast out of that persons body. Gimme a ****ing break.

Ya'll need to stop watching televangelist. Go to a real service and see how its done.

Im not saying thats never happened before but if you just sit at home watching healing services or prophecy services and what not then your mind is always going to be filled with doubt or spite.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.