Daredevil vs Man-Bat with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This fight takes place in a pitch black field in the country while it is raining. Daredevil has his staff who wins?

AJ4LIFE
uh.........

grey fox
Daredevil , with each pitter pat of the rain he can technically 'see' . He smacks man bat around the chops once or twice with his billy club (Not a staff ) before punching him out.

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
This fight takes place in a pitch black field in the country while it is raining. Daredevil has his staff who wins?

Hmmmm.
I'd say (at least for now) DareDevil should win (with one major caveat that I shall delve into later).
If Batman possesses enough skill to defeat Man-Bat then so does DareDevil (note: I am by no way saying that DD is equal to Batman in unarmed combat .....Bat's is better .....but they are analogous, and thus DD should be able to put the hurting on ManBat).
Thus DD should win.

Caveat:
Here is the major 'but' in this argument.
ManBat is a, as the name suggests, a human-chiroptera hybrid. Chiroptera as in bat.
This fight takes place in a pitch-black field, implying that the only way that ManBat will be able to 'see' DareDevil is through echolocation.
Echolocation is when a bat (or a dolphin) emits ultra-high frequency sound-waves, which bounce off solid objects and form as type of 'radar' (more like sonar actually .....in fact it IS sonar).
Anyways, normal human beings cannot detect that sound .....it is too high for our ears to note.

HOWEVER I WONDER HOW ECHOLOCATION FROM A MAN-SIZED BAT WOULD AFFECT A CHARACTER WHO HAS SUCH ATTUNED HEARING THAT HE CAN DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN UNCLE LUKE AND AUNT MARTHA JUST BY LISTENING TO THEIR HEARTBEATS .....WHEN THEY ARE A BLOCK AWAY?????

Note: There are some insect-eating bats that knock out their prey with echolocation (they use echolocation to find the prey in darkness, and then use the same sound to disorient them).
Note 2: Some species of dolphin have also been seen to use the same technique, where they can use echolocation bursts to disorient fast fish.
Note 3: The effects of echolocation on species that can detect it. Scientists are trying to convince the US government not to test naval sonars in the open sea since they claim that they disorient migrating whales so much that the whales actually beach themselves and die.

In essence, there is a VERY BIG chance that ManBat could win this very very very very easily with just one echolocation blast.
Against Batman this is not an issue, since for all his various abilities Bruce doesn't have the same type of hearing.
However against DareDevil, especially considering that DD will be at close range, the first blast of echolocation should drop DD faster than a cow turd at a Texan ranch.

Conclusion:

a) DareDevil wins this in much the same way that Batman wins.
b) ManBat starts to echolocate, and immediately drops DD to the ground (bleeding eardrums and all, or at the very leasy severe disorientation).

Either way is plausible (although to be honest I am now leaning towards option B ......the distances involved will mean that DD will receive the full brunt force of the sound, and it will either make him unconscious, disorient him, or make him stark raving mad).

New conclusion: ManBat wins (unless DD has prep before hand that shuts off his hearing ......which would take care of the echolocation risk, but leave DD lacking one of his great advantages).

THUS: ManBat wins, and wins handidly. One echolocation blast and it is all over for DD, and since Golem said that this fight would occur in a pitchblack field this implies that ManBat will be echolocating from the get-go.
DareDevil loses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.