Alliance's Sigs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
These are some of the best sigs I've made. Lately, I've been working on more techniques. I'm attempting to make some more advanced designs and concepts. Check em out and check back later!

Alliance
Sorry, I forgot how to post more than one image in a post, but I guess I can spam my own thread

Alliance

Alliance
OK, Here we go...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Singature-Magna.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-Kenobi.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-Shocktroopers.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-Clonetrooper.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-QuinlanVos.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-Gree.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/ObiWanFire.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-Marine.jpg

And my most recent....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/Signature-ATATTemp3.gif

Part of the problem is i spend most of my photoshop time making wallpapers. I should spend more time making sigs... and branch out from SW some...

yoda545
nice can u teach me plz

Raven Guardia
wow, they are awesome!!!

DigiMark007
Nice stuff. Obviously a bit too slanted toward SW stuff, but there's a couple that are darn good.

Alliance
The one I am working on now is not SW...hopefully I'll have time to finish it by tomorrow.

Alliance
This is my most recent, an homage to Chicago's current move towards very large neo-futuristic lovelyness.

SW to architecture....slight shift. Hopefull this one will be more appealing to the masses

Alliance
As my last sig went out with little acclaim, I updated...this time its HALO 2 and I actually like it a lot.

drunk_nazgul
I liked the second one you posted.
They're all very clean cut.

Alliance
Thanks. I like sharp edges...lol

tlbauerle
If you want to take a crack at some Symphony for a Saga covers, I'd appreciate it...and I'm sure the fans would.

72dpi is certainly fine, although a 300dpi image for printing would be wonderful.

Dimensions are 4.75" w x 4.715" h for a 'single panel' cover (Front cover only). or 9.5" w x 4.715" hi for a 'double panel' cover (Front & folded for a back cover). If you want to include a .125" bleed over, that's cool too.

(Here's a great site: http://www.teachingarts.org/visualArtsQuestions/stories/storyReader$97)

I would only worry about a 'single panel' cover for the single releases, and a 'double panel' for the individual suites. I wouldn't worry about doing a full jewel case until at least one disc is complete. We'll talk about DVD when the actual video is done, probably in quite a long time too.

First up, if you would like to do a cover the TPM single, that would be great.

The only think I request is that the text on the front be similar in design and layout to the prequel soundtrack releases:

STAR WARS
Symphony for a Saga

(image)

"Title"

The first single panel would be for the single titled "Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn's Theme"

Obviously, given the title it needs to be 'Qui-Gon' based, but you can be as creative as you want. I'd ask that you listen to the pieces to formulate cover ideas, as I'd like the covers to reflect the 'feeling' or 'spirit' of the music.

You can also work on the first suite titled "The Phantom Menace Suite". Feel free to use any liner notes you wish on the back (2nd panel). It should at least include a tracklist, without runtimes please; as well as 'Music composed and Conducted by John Williams' and 'Performed by the London Symphony Orchestra'.

You can either PM me or email me for details.

Once again, the Symphony for a Saga link is http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

Alliance
Sure...starting with the single would be great. I like to do artwork with one main figure...look at my sigs...lol.

TIME FOR A PROJECT!

tlbauerle
Sweet...Feel free to do as many interpretations as you like. I don't want to get tired, but sometimes as an Artist myself...I can't make up my mind when I have too many ideas.

Thanks!

When you are ready, I'll send you the information on the single for AOTC and have you give it a listen. We'll debut your cover first to build excitment for the single.

BTW, just today I found a video editor who wants in on the project...so this could become seriously cool.

Lana
Star Wars kicks ass big grin

Originally posted by Alliance
This is my most recent, an homage to Chicago's current move towards very large neo-futuristic lovelyness.

SW to architecture....slight shift. Hopefull this one will be more appealing to the masses

Oooooh, this one is cool....I live in Chicago eek!

Alliance
I live there too and I love architecture. The proposed building is Aqua, designed by Jeanne Gang, and hopefully the building will be approved so we can start building it!

And Star Wars totally kicks ass..

Alliance

Alliance
Oops! Here it is.

tlbauerle
Holy crap! That was fast...pretty dang good work.

I love the concept, colouring...its great.

The only thing I would like to see altered a bit is the font. Can you use the graphic from the actual CD covers for 'STAR WARS', Example

If you need a scan of one of the covers, that's fine...let me know. Also the color doesn't have to be gold. I almost think a blue-ish silver would look better...but Gold may work in contrast to the green very well.

Likewise, I'm not extremely fond of the font that was used for the balance....although I certianly like the positioning & size. The font seems a bit too stylized, almost in conflict with the beautifully simplistic nature of the art. Whereas the 'Episode I' font from the covers seem a bit more neutral, letting the artwork speak for itself.

I'm not sure what font would look best, but I am thinking of a more simplistic, classic approach like the Episode I style, and not necessarily plain like a standard Arial. Sorry to be a pill...but if you could give me perhaps two font choices, I'd appreciate it.

Once we found a font that works, we can probably use that as a standard for the series.

I think the concept is outstanding, and better than I would have imagined.

PS...you'll be credited as you requested in that PM...and don't worry about deadlines, this is a project that is finished when its finished for myself and the video editor as well...you have every right to work at it when you can.

Thanks for the notes as well, they will be released with the cover on the site.

Alliance
Yessir!...no prob...I'll see what I can cook up!

tlbauerle
Thanks!

I think this sets a precident, at least the 'single' releases all need to have that 'hand drawn / limited colour / artistic' look. I just think its incredible. The style is great.

I'd be interested in how you would stylize the 'suite' covers. Then for the actual Jewel cases perhaps using a more 'traditional' style. Can't wait!

Alliance
Ok..version 2.0 and yes I'm giving it a full upgrade

Items changed:

Used official prequel STAR WARS header
Changed Font to a more classically styled font
Upgraded "Symphony for a Saga" to match the shiny gold of the header
Changed "Jedi Master: Qui-Gon Jinn's theme" to brown font
Added font transparencies to blend more with the background
Reworked some lightsaber glow
Added light glow around regions of Qui-Gon that should have been effected by a backlight

So, hows 2.0?
And I agree it definately seets a precedent for the singles, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about the full episode albums.

btw, I liked your suggestion of blue/silver, i chose not to because it often represents sickliyness and decay. Silver looked nice too, but i wanted to keep open the possibility of using larger color schemes for future covers. The gold works well, and it works with his character.

Alliance
I always forget to attach! mad

tlbauerle
Dude...we're gettin' there. I love the SW Logo...and the colouring looks great.

Can we decrease the size of 'Symphony for a Saga' so the lightsaber blade goes between 'for' and 'a'?

The font for the title is okay, but italicized it actually looks pretty pixelated. Do you have any others that look clean and sharp italicized. I actually prefer the previous font for the title as compared to this.

And perhaps dial back the green glow just a bit on his hands. Its a bit too overpowering instead of a highlight.

I'm still blown away by the idea, and how you pretty much nailed it right away. Hate to be a pill in asking for revisions...but thanks!

Alliance
No problem, if I'm going to do something, I want it to be good. It's more your project than mine...

Alliance
Fixes:

<> moved quigon 10px right (you originally had suggested shrinking the font. It did not look good, it lookse better this way opening up to the picture below (we have to keep it for 5 more singles) so I just moved Qui-Gon over)
<> took it easy on the green glow
<> fixed a pixely issue with the mist surrounding QuiGon
<> enhanced light
<> redid text to match title style (i originally kept it gold, but it was so light it was hard to see, so i did gold and brown, if you'd like me to change colors that isn't a problem
<> changed all non STAR WARS font

Any more suggestions/changes/fixes lemme know
CHEERS! beer

{When its done, I'll give it to you in EPS format, it better that way w/o JPEG encoding}

tlbauerle
I love everything...with exception to the 'Title' font.

The 3D is distracting. I love the shadow, keep the shadow. What other font styles do you have that may work? I'm just not in love with it.

Plus, just by my eye...it seems the logos on the top of the image are right of center, is that so or is it just my eye.

(People like me is the reason I don't do graphic art that much for other people....you wouldn't believe the hastle I went through with this book cover: www.lindaalicedewey.com)

Alliance
Thats OK, its the joy of contract art.... ninja ...

If you find a font that you like, lemme know, I'll put together a font sampling tomorrow afternoon. I'll do something simpler, but still a little more than straight up black. I may bring the text more into the background.

Oh and good call on the centering...redone...I also already cleaned up some fading issues.

Alliance
Ok...hopefully I've been getting a better feel for what you want. Subtle, yet classy...

I had this idea and tried it...see what you think. if not, THEN i'll try the font sampling...this is actually my favorite so far.

comments, please...don't be afraid to knock it where you see fit.

tlbauerle
Not too bad....

...The font is pretty cool, but the color is too difficult to see. Also, having "Qui-Gon Jinn's Theme" tucked next to the 'J' is cool...but jetting out on the right looks off balance.

I feel you're not completely satisfied yet either...so let's have those fonts.

Everything else is perfect!

Alliance
Ok...heres a list. I put colored dots next to them so you can more easily reference fonts like..."oh. I really like 3 Yellow etc"

As for the color, i like it light and i think it fit smore with the backgorund. I wouldnt mind grying it up a bit though

The main thing is to find a font you like, i have 20 here and they are fairly representative of stuff that I think you and I have been heading for. keep in mind its no trouble to change spacing/letter height to width ratio. (ie i can easily change dimensions of a letter to make it shorter or thinner or whatever) (and don't worry about postitioning, I'll work that out on the actual cover.) The main thing we are looking for is fot style.

whatda'ya think

tlbauerle
I certainly think 'greying' the title up will help, but also don't want to blend into the shadow too much. But you are right, the lighter it is the more it fits with the background...

Now for the fonts, I really like:

RED 3

There are quite a few that are similar to the last one you did, and most of those I like as well, especially after tweaking the positioning. Let's take a look at that one I highlighted above and see how that works.

In addition can you slightly darken the "Composed by..." line? Just a bit more to make it easier to read.

Thanks!

Alliance
ok...this could be it.

tlbauerle
Suck...

Anyway to format it so that 'Qui-Gon Jinn's Theme' fits nicely under 'Jedi Master' like it did on the sample?

Maybe even by simply putting a little space in between the letters of 'Jedi Master'?

In addition, it looks a bit pixellated. Is this 72dpi or 300dpi? Perhaps rendering the text in a slight 3D can help with that.

ALMOST...if those things can be fixed.

Alliance
Sure...I'll work on that.

Hopefully next time I'll be able to gague what you want faster...lol

Unfortuantely its 144 dpi. Excluding episode II, most of the photos available are small and low rez. If I had made it any larger, Qui-Gon would have been much smaller (an awkward) this wont be some much of a problem with II and III, but it becomes a HUGE problem with IV, V, VI because there are almost NO high rez shots available (for vey obvious reasons).

tlbauerle
Makes sense....

Thanks!

Alliance
You know the drill...

tlbauerle
SWEET!

One *last* thing...

Do you think if you decrease the size on the title a bit, it would improve the pixelation? Or is that just because it is an italics font? If so, is it not pixelated when it is un-italicized?

Alliance
OK! this is primatily a sig/sig request forum...and I have a new sig today. Its temporarily back to Star Wars. I have recently been involved in a series of debates convincing people that both the the Star Wars Prequels and The Original Trilogy are good Star Wars films. Last year i combinded the republic and imperial logos into one joint venture, but this is the first time i have used the logo as the main body of a sig.

Long Live the Republic/Empire!

Alliance
Here ya go...

tlbauerle
Kick ass...
Can you center the "Title" and "Composed by" text lines. The title looks a bit left of center.

Then you're done...

LOL! You might not want to do any more!!! I think the others will be easier since we have down a basic format.

Alliance
Lol...I AM FREE rolling on floor laughing ... just kidding I enjoyed it. We would'nt have to have done this so many times if I had PAID ATTENTION TO WHAT I WAS DOING. And we do have a basic format now. So when is AOTC? you can pm me if you want to keep it on the dl until your ready to release it.

Thekid
It's cool but it look's like MA STER

Alliance
thanks and good point...fixed. This week has been way too long.

Thekid
That's Brilliant big grin

Alliance
lol...thanks

tlbauerle
sh!te...not so fast hotshot... big grin

Shrink down "Qui-Gon Jinn's Theme" a bit so it can breath a bit from that J and fit completely under 'MASTER'.

THEN...were done!!!!!

*quietly sneaks away*

Alliance
throws dirty spoon after tlbauerle... gunsmilie laughing

tlbauerle
Okay...almost...now you can...

KIDDING!

Perfect. I'll put it up on the site Monday.

Next up is the cover for "THE PHANTOM MENACE SUITE".

The suite is up at http://musicofstarwars.tripod.com

Give it a listen and lets talk about some ideas. The only thing I was thinking was adding something 'dynamic' or giving it a 'dynamic' flow. Remember the SE Trilogy posters? (Like on my sig?) How they all flow in a trip-tic?

What I specifically feel is dynamic in those posters are all the ships and the motion it implies. ANH...they all fly to the left, TESB straight toward you, ROTJ to the Right. Those things give each poster a dynamic quality.

I'd like to have some dynamics similar to that...but I'm also interested in your ideas as well.

Alliance
ok..short turn around time...but i was itching to do an animated sig...so i learned and did avariation on the old one. I actually like the old one better, but this one is animated so.....oh well

Heres the old

Alliance
oh and tlbauerle...let me wait a week before I start the next cover, I have to think of ideas and catch up on work.

tlbauerle
No problem...take your time...

You can do this at YOUR convenience as it should be fun!

Alliance
New sig..my last one was so boring I had to do a new one. This one was going to be animated too...but file sizes! And I don't have any more time to mess with it tonight.

Alliance
Oh..this was the first Animated one that I did. I'll proably do a more GFX enhanced one soon. Nothing like variations on a theme.

Alliance
This sig is for Lord Sorgo, he requested "I'd like the sig to say "Antediluvian Power" on it, featuring a Picture of Sidious and Dooku."

Keeping with the flood imagery, I kept it blue. I don't usually incorporate text, so that was more difficult for me.

Bloigen
I can't be bothered waiting, so, should I just make that duel?

Alliance
If FS agrees to you as judge and is ready to begin, then I'm ready to start.

Bloigen
He said no.

Must be his special time of the month again.

Fatal Smoke
no, I just like to have my sigs judged by critics that atually no what is wrong with a sog, and why it doesn't work erm

Bloigen
Originally posted by Fatal Smoke
no, I just like to have my sigs judged by critics that atually no what is wrong with a sog, and why it doesn't work erm

I know what's wrong with a sig.

I also know how to spell "know", "sig" and "actually".

Itzak
Originally posted by Bloigen

Owned.

Fatal Smoke

That's great for you, but you still aren't judging it. erm

Bloigen
That's great for you, but you still aren't judging it. erm

I don't really care. erm

Fatal Smoke
I don't really care. erm
Then why where you going to judge it? erm

Bloigen
Then why where you going to judge it? erm

Because I was bored and the guy needed a judge. erm

Alliance
We did need a judge...thanks for the offer, but I think we are going to turn you down.

Lörd Sorgo
This sig is for Lord Sorgo, he requested "I'd like the sig to say "Antediluvian Power" on it, featuring a Picture of Sidious and Dooku."

Keeping with the flood imagery, I kept it blue. I don't usually incorporate text, so that was more difficult for me.

That's Wonderful, Alliance.

Thank you very much.

Alliance
Anytime. I'll always do Star Wars sigs. laughing out loud

even if they involve the CIS shit laughing out loud

Lörd Sorgo
Anytime. I'll always do Star Wars sigs. laughing out loud

even if they involve the CIS shit laughing out loud

The CIS are awesome! stick out tongue

I continously have to request sigs because the ones I am creating won't optimize properly in size anymore.

I don't know why . . .

Lörd Sorgo
Do you know how to optimize signatures? Lana asked me to use the "Save for Web" Option in photoshop. Unfortunately, I don't use Photoshop but I have ImageReady on hand and it won't chop the size down to 30K.

Do you know why?

Alliance
It is the right size for KMC....you had it up earlier.

What type of file are you trying to optomize? gif, jpg, png?

Lörd Sorgo
It is the right size for KMC....you had it up earlier.

What type of file are you trying to optomize? gif, jpg, png?

That was a JPEG and it distorted the image.

I'm trying to get a 119K PNG Image down to a 30K PNG Image.

Alliance
I'm archaic and use IE so I haven't had experience with PNGs. Sorry. You might try asking in the general discussion thread.

What I would do is just google "PNG optimizer freeware" and see what comes up!

Lörd Sorgo
I'm archaic and use IE so I haven't had experience with PNGs. Sorry. You might try asking in the general discussion thread.

What I would do is just google "PNG optimizer freeware" and see what comes up!

That could possibly work as well.

Thanks for the advice and the signature, Alliance. big grin

Alliance
np smile

Alliance
This is for my first duel...vs. Fatal Smoke.

we'll see how it does!

Alliance
I have one more duel to finish up against Baka, then I'm done until after this semester (too many term papers and then finals fear) However, I did manage to make a new avy that I felt was worth noting here. I'd like to thank Mist and his ever-modding fanbase for the inspiration!

Alliance
For my first (hopefully of many) duels against Baka

Sith Master X
That's a pretty awesome avy.

Alliance
Thanks, its based on a jedi character I'm creating for a privatized Clone Army im "building" (as in designing). There'll be more to come later!

Alliance
Last new sig until after finals. This time...deadpool and a matching avy

This post is the official suspension of all photoshop activities until after my final exams! sick

Alliance
ok...i lied. here is version 2.0 of deadpool

drunk_nazgul
Version 2 rules.

Alliance
thanks naz! smile

Alliance
For my rematch vs FS. (Official Version) (there is a better version I will attmpt to put up later)

CaptainStoic
Alliance this is the first time that I've checked out your sigs, they look really good, what software did you use to create your latest Avatar?

Alliance
Thanks Stoic.

I currently always and only use Photoshop 7...however, I plan on trying to learn that Apophisis program and a 3D rendering program called Blender this summer.

CaptainStoic
Apophisis isn't really that hard to use, 3D Studio Max... now thats a handful, I have it on my PC, but it's one of those programs better understood in a class room, which could run you into the thousands. I thought at first glance that you created your Avatar in Illustrator, because it looks like an vector image. I have a pic of a character I drew, and brought into Illustrator. One person really didn't like it. oh well you can't please them all, right?

Alliance
Lol...its fine. Not my style of character though...here is one I'm working on myself...just in photoshop.

If you're familiar with Star Wars I'm building a private clone army, centered around these four ex-Jedi generals (kicked out/left the order for various reasons) who were hired by this very wealthy trading planet to protect them from the Seps (the planet is deep in Sep territory and had no standing army).

My main point with this is to have some fun with Star Wars, allowing me to expand on the depth and character of the GAR (Grand army of the republic), and to slam Lucas' childish interpretation of the light/dark side of the force absolute duality and present it in a more mature modern gestalt theory.

oh... and his name is Urossk Tet (UR-awwsk TEHT) and he's a Trandoshan...and he is NOT Sith, he just uses a red saber...and hes obviously hand drawn on photoshop and far from done.

Alliance
So you see, your character is not so bad, he does look like he could be in Kiss though...laughing out loud

CaptainStoic
Yeah he was Inspired by Lobo and Wolverine mainly, but I had to make him mine so thats why he looks like that, I love Star Wars, they need to come out with another movie, and the reason for the dead on straight center of my character who I named Nemesis (thinking of changing that name to Fitz when I get up more loot) it a part of a toyline that I have been developing for some time now, none of the designs are set in stone, although he looks pretty done from where I'm sitting... here's another one. I could come up with a better name Than Flea, because he has Flea DNA mixed with his human genes.

Alliance
laughing out loud clever. Its always fun to work on projects. The red logo on his chest makes me thing you should make a whole series with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,+,-,*,/, and =. Little math bots for kids! No, its cool. I like this one much better.

CaptainStoic
laughing out loud Hey like I said they really aren't set in stone, I have over twenty of them made, I was thinking of adding a tail to the last one that I showed you, to emphasize that the experiments that he has done to himself, also jump started the myth that humans may have once had tails.

Alliance
Human do have tails (when we are a fetus), this is no myth...why do we have a tailbone, one of the requirement of being a chordate is to have a post-anal tail...

however, I'd skip the tail and look at fleas, add something they have that makes them unique.

CaptainStoic
Hey Alliance what do you think of him now? I wasn't feeling all of that = sign idea. Thanks for the honest input though. what I'm about to show you is only an idea, I may go with a breast plate look on him.

Alliance
laughing out loud i thouhgt that would tick you off...

I think its better, but I'd skip the prestplate and give him a speedo like thing that matches the shoulders, just where the waist would be. Have the silver part touching each leg and just the red touching the waist (I think the manufacturers would like my suggestion better too...

try it, I think you'll like it

CaptainStoic
Hmmm.. good idea, I'll try it out and see how it works. Do you have Adobe Illustrator? If so perhaps you could show me other things that could be done, or maybe we could make an Alliance, and pump out a load of characters. Just a thought.

Alliance
laughing out loud i do have illustrator, but I;'m not familiar with it yet...that this summer. Maybe you can show me some things! Its an interesting idea, but my first loyalty is to my army, so far i have 17 majro characters I'd like to do...but a lot of them are variations on clones. We can discuss this more...

Alliance
As promised, this was my original animation for my duel with FS, but it was too large, so I deleted most of the frames.

http://www.fileden.com/files/6079/Original_animation_FSduel2.gif

Aurora
That is really awsome. I like how it fades, but doesn't dissapear. I am going to have to try that techniuqe out. I hadn't thought of it. wink

Alliance
thanks!...its like an afterglow laughing out loud

Aurora
It will probally take me forever to figure out. I am the worst at makeing a big deal out of super simple stuff.

Alliance
if you want help let me know...

Aurora
I am pretty much out of steam after today. I worked on that sig until I felt like I was going to pull out my hair wacko

But I'll probally get right back to it tomarrow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
laughing out loud i cant wait for another week and a half...then finals are over and its SIG time!

I may get to do one this weekend though... YAY!

Alliance
New one today, Deadpool was very old....

nothing special, just coolness...and an animation test, but that will be saved for later! evil face

Alliance
New sig...only through Monday. Overly political yes, but that my personality and I couldn't help myself.

May First Protest Paper Wallpaper

^^^ PUT IT UP ^^^

Alliance

Alliance
Ok, long break, but sigmaking has resumed post-finals.

Ahmadinejad: bigoted, heroic, angry, populist, charismatic, dangerous, and a brilliant politician. I'd argue that no other politician in the world has a louder voice. So I made him a sig. No other man makes the world change so fast.

Alliance
Ahmadinejad gets an upgrade.

Alliance
For my duel against DIV

BakaXero
maybe it's just my eyes but i cant see whats written on that last one.

Alliance
Its just an A in the lower right corner. I hate forcing text into a sig and I couldn't make it work on this one. Nothing that worked well came to mind.

DarthMaul9123
dude your sigs are sweet

Sith Master X
For my duel against DIV

That one is freaken awesome! thumb up

Alliance
Thanks Maul and Sith! I'm glad you like them big grin

Alliance
Testing file size...

(edit...ITS A SECRET!)

and it was too big... sad

Alliance
For my duel vs. HS6

DarthMaul9123
thats pretty tight too, is her hair purple or somehting , if so hahah

Alliance
Yeah, its purple. The render's fault not mine laughing

Alliance
For DarthMaul9123...

I rather like it myself.

Alliance
For Vader Sith...

Not a fan of the text. OHHHH how I LOVE text...

buth the background is sweeter than honey glazed biscuits with orange juice

dont ask my why no expression

Lana
For my duel vs. HS6

So how long did that take to animate? stick out tongue

I did an animation like that before, and it was a pain in the ass. Except the one I did, she had one eye open and one shut, so I redrew and animated the other eye so she was winking laughing out loud never doing that again.

Alliance
The hardest part was drawing the lids. that took maybe a half hour. the animation itself was a snap. big grin

Since I don't like to do the backgrounds of my sigs in the crazy grunge style, animation is one way I try to boost my duel entries. I've been trying to get more creative with them. Either that I need to figure out a style that judges will like better than the typical sig. I need to beat some more people. stick out tongue

Lana
Tutorials stick out tongue find something that has an outcome you like, then just sorta loosely follow it and add and drop stuff as you wish until you get what you want, while making it your own style at the same time.

Alliance
New Sig/Avy....sense a theme?

shifty I wonder if it has anything to do with.... no expression

DigiMark007
Dang. There's some nice stuff on these last few pages. You've come a long way in a hurry. That animation with the faded green text was particularly cool.

Alliance
Thanks Digi. That's one of my favorites too! I look forward to getting better!laughing out loud

vader sith
tahnx for the sig alliance it is so kwl

Alliance
you're welcome big grin

Bloigen
Good job in the contest thing.

Alliance
Thanks bloigen!

Alliance
My 6th KMC contest entry...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e399/delta2094/AllianceKMCoffduelentryX.gif

- Most Creative - Best Looking - Best Overall -

I'm glad it did well big grin

Lana
Man you swept the contest laughing

Alliance
laughing I know. But hey....COOL! big grin

I still feel a little bad. But at least it was close.

But thanks.

DigiMark007
laughing I know. But hey....COOL! big grin

I still feel a little bad. But at least it was close.

But thanks.

Bah! You were only 2nd in most creative, and tied for best-looking. Quit misleading your adoring public. mad

roll eyes (sarcastic)

JK...nice work. When I posted I felt pretty good...then you, Sauce, TOH, and a few others came along and I was like "Ah crap, there goes my chances. Well, at least Spider-Man's still cool."

thumb up

Alliance
No, I liked yours...and you can wear it. laughing out loud
It has a real nice layout to it. I like. big grin

I didn't know categores were listed by place, I just thought that if you were under the category you "won." It doesnt matter anyway. I did well and that was cool.

I'm all photoshopped out, I'm doing a DVD cover for afirend and he wants it by Friday blink I can't wait to start dueling/sigging again.

And I didn't know I had an "adoring public yet" laughing

DigiMark007
I didn't know categores were listed by place, I just thought that if you were under the category you "won." It doesnt matter anyway. I did well and that was cool.

Yeah, it was a touch confusing. Each 'winner' represented one judge. But in 2 categories, there were only 2 winners. In those cases (like with your overall win, for example) whoever was listed first got 2 votes. The best-looking category, we all technically tied with 1.

Not that it really matters. Like you said, you won some stuff, so you're happy. And the same holds true for me. smile

And I'm sure you will have an adoring public after this....people actually seem to think we can make great sigs because of this competition, when in reality we're just lucky lana, ken, and baka weren't in it too. embarrasment

Alliance
Ahh, now I understand.

Originally posted by DigiMark007
when in reality we're just lucky lana, ken, and baka weren't in it too. embarrasment

Its so sad sad, but so unbelievably true. We need a gimp contest where the big guys aren't allowed laughing out loud

DigiMark007
Its so sad sad, but so unbelievably true. We need a gimp contest where the big guys aren't allowed laughing out loud

Nah, I think we're making a strong case for gimp (if that's what you use). I'm sure PS and PSP are better, but not by a ton...and we're proving that our awkward-interfaced free program can at least hang with the big boys, even if they're still a bit better most of the time. Dusty was among our ranks too, until he succumbed to PS. But before then he was doing great work in gimp too.

smile

Aurora
I may be out of the loop....... but what is Gimp?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Aurora
I may be out of the loop....... but what is Gimp?

Free downloadable image-editing program (the resources thread has the link to the download page). It's the poor-man's photoshop, but can be almost as powerful if used correctly, and is easily the best sig-making program you'll find completely for free.

Aurora
Ahhh, okay. I have Photoshop and I tried PaitShop but I didn't like it. I think I'll stick w/ PS. wink

calvs
Nice sigs Alliance..Keep them coming! I wanna see more..

Alliance
laughing I just got back, and that was funny. I don't know why. I'm working on a new one now smile

Oh and thanks.

Alliance
Ok, this one took me FOR-F-ING-EVER to pump out but its finally here.

Its ok

And thanks to calvs for some textual inspiration. wink

Alliance
A request for Milkie

TheBalance
you looking for pro work?

Alliance
sure, whats up?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>