Omega level Iceman vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
thoughts?

leonheartmm
the omega level theory is still very vague and unstable. it completely messes up the otherwise generally simple heirarchy of marvel. goin by the theory and nuthing else, any omega level mutant wiill one day posess abstract level power{on par with phoenix} and will probably be able to affect things on a universal level. having said that, its unreasonable to assume that ANY of the proven omega levels{other than franklin and jean maybe} will ever reach that level.

soleran30
Omega is the potential.......................Iceman is by nature an omega as such he still might have problems with Quasar who is a GL on crack

wannabe
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the omega level theory is still very vague and unstable. it completely messes up the otherwise generally simple heirarchy of marvel. goin by the theory and nuthing else, any omega level mutant wiill one day posess abstract level power{on par with phoenix} and will probably be able to affect things on a universal level. having said that, its unreasonable to assume that ANY of the proven omega levels{other than franklin and jean maybe} will ever reach that level. Why is it unreasonable to assume, that they will ever reach their full potential?
As you said, Jean and Franklin do from time to time, so why not the others?
In 'Phoenix: Endsong' we saw Kid Omega acting at an omega level for some time too. We also got a glimps of Iceman's full or near full potential in 'X-Men Forever'. And Elixir is still so young and unexperienced, having his powers for not even a year, that we have to give him some time to develope himself yet.

Horrificus
Well, since Quasar has been able to deafeat Abstract_level entities and above, I still don't think he would have a problem defeating Bobby.

Man, this is the first I have heard of this Omega Mutant thingy. I guess these writers have nobody they have to push these ideas by at Marvel.

Do you realize that probably 75% of Marvl characters either already have become cosmic level beings, have a counterpart that is a cosmic levelbeing, or have been fated to become a cosmic level being.

It is rediculous.

What's next? Do they all get their own universes?

Superherovandal
Iceman needs moisture and which is why he would die in space. Quasar dumps him in space forever dead.

leonidas
okay, for the sake of discussion, i'm talking about bobby at his highest displayed level. would the space thing work on him? couldn't bobby just freeze the water in quasar's body before q can even do anything? i don't know much about bobby at this level, so i'm genuiinely curious.

Horrificus
Quasar has proven to be able to errect shields capable of blocking the blasts of Galactus, other highest-level cosmic beings, and hold off most of Earth's most powerful heroes, without even breaking a sweat.

So, the question would be, is there any proof that Bobby's power can get through to Quasar, when almost nobody else has been able to.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Iceman needs moisture and which is why he would die in space. Quasar dumps him in space forever dead.

Are you saying that the only way Quasar would win is due to battlefield removal?

Blair Wind
Leo if you want to see Iceman at his peek (that we have seen so far) look at page...three? on my respect thread (the links on mine and jrods sigs) He becomes part of "everything" and even froze the stranger. That said he doesnt display that much power frequently and still doenst understand them, so Ima have to say quasar....

ExtraMision5555
Even though i am vaugely aware of how raw omega iceman, its safe to assume that quasar is still ages beyond him in rawness

Horrificus
r u kidding me? they had Bobby beat the Stranger?!
I am never reading another Marvel Comic.

marvelprince
Bobby has the potential to become really uber, but even so I still have to give this to Quasar. He also has soo much untapped potential and even without tapping into all of his vast power (which he does not even fully understand or use) I think he's too much for Drake

superbatman86
Is Quasar like Green Latern in that he's human and is powered by an outside force?If he's human than Iceman wins as anyone that's human is just walking ammunition to him.

Mider
what abstracts has quasar taken down?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Mider

- Anomaly an abstract
- Tetrarchs of Entropy abstracts from another dimension
- stalmates Count Nefarious
- able to hold off Galactus, shrug off one of his blasts, and provide the power for his defeat.
- stalemate Pheonix, then Pheonix AND Modred
- He destroyed Thanos while he had the Infinity Gauntlet, even though Thanos brought himself back after.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Mider

Oh, and 2 Watchers.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Horrificus
- Anomaly an abstract
- Tetrarchs of Entropy abstracts from another dimension
- stalmates Count Nefarious
- able to hold off Galactus, shrug off one of his blasts, and provide the power for his defeat.
- stalemate Pheonix, then Pheonix AND Modred
- He destroyed Thanos while he had the Infinity Gauntlet, even though Thanos brought himself back after.

Come on now. wink

Horrificus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Come on now. wink

check it out:

http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/rorschach33629/quasar.html

leonidas
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Come on now. wink

indeed. q is tough -- about equal to ss -- but he does not take out abstracts without: extenuating circumstances, pis, outside help (ie he was with the avengers against the tetrarchs) or clever writing. let's not lose track of who we're discussing.

Originally posted by superbatman86
Is Quasar like Green Latern in that he's human and is powered by an outside force?If he's human than Iceman wins as anyone that's human is just walking ammunition to him.

that's exactly what i was thinking . . .

gs, you know the xmen as well as anyone -- does bobby have a chance?

GODSCRIBE
I put Quasar above SS. He was able to stalemate an enraged Silver Surfer...and he still hasn't scratched the surface of his potential.

He could dump Iceman into the Quantum Zone. He could disperse Iceman's molecules, and scatter his being all over the universe.

Marcus4600
^ Cosign

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.