Beta Ray Bill vs. Morg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tulika
Beta Ray, the extraterrestial Thor look-a-like using his Odin-given hammer faces the most brutish of Galactus' heralds, Morg. No preparation time, fight takes place on Earth in a landscape full of handy if makeshift weaponry such as construction beams and lamp posts.

Which alien wins?

Horrificus
BRB is awesome, but unfortunately, Morg is too much.

Galactus did a very bad thing when he made Morg.

FrothByte
I agree. BRB is pretty cool (altho i think of him like a warped version of thor) Morg is just more powerful.

guy222
morg

llagrok
5/10 to each, split right down the middle.

guy222
Morg

Nihilist
sheephead imo

celestialdemon
Great fight. I'll say Morg 6/10.

Acrosurge
This would be a spectacular throw-down. I'd routing for Beta Ray Bill to pull through, but I gotta wonder if Morg would actually edge him out. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the planet where this fight takes place.

DigiMark007
Why is it that nobody references a speed advantage for Morg, when it's the piece de resistance in the bag of arguments for a Surfer fan, and brought up ad nauseum in the Surfer v. Thor thread??

By all rights, BRB is no faster than Thor in terms of combat reflexes, and even if Morg is < Surfer in overall speed, he's in the same ballpark.

Morg 9/10, because screw double standards.

biscuits

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why is it that nobody references a speed advantage for Morg, when it's the piece de resistance in the bag of arguments for a Surfer fan, and brought up ad nauseum in the Surfer v. Thor thread??

By all rights, BRB is no faster than Thor in terms of combat reflexes, and even if Morg is < Surfer in overall speed, he's in the same ballpark.

Morg 9/10, because screw double standards.

biscuits

Just one little problem. Morg.........is an idiot. dur

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Just one little problem. Morg.........is an idiot. dur

Double standards in general though. I couldn't care less about this particular fight.

I made a comment in the Loki v. Heralds thread that he'd clear most of them, and I was waiting for someone to call shenanigans on me for the same reason. Never happened. He's a less strong Thor with some spells and somehow he can match heralds that supposedly run circles around Thor. Not right.

And it shoudl still apply to this fight if the difference is that vast.

Avlon
When has Morg displayed Superspeed outside of flying?

I'll have to go with BRB unless Morg has the waters of life.

He did just dandy against Stardust who I find to be more powerful than Morg.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Avlon
When has Morg displayed Superspeed outside of flying?

I'll have to go with BRB unless Morg has the waters of life.

He did just dandy against Stardust who I find to be more powerful than Morg.

And Surfer used his speed advantage in his fights with Thor? Hell, when has he used it outside of flying? I can think of one instance offhand, and while I'm not a Surfer expert I'm also not a novice with his feats.

This is what I'm saying. Does Morg have super speed? Do the forum rules state that characters fight at peak abilities? At least the second is yes. If you answered yes to the first, then Morg wins this. And given heralds travel speeds, and thus the need for fast reflexes, and similar power source, I see no reason why it shouldn't be. Obviously, it wouldn't be written as such (see BRB/Stardust) but that's how it should go down if we grant that heralds are all in the same ballpark as one another reflexes-wise.

wink

Avlon
And Surfer used his speed advantage in his fights with Thor? Hell, when has he used it outside of flying? I can think of one instance, and while I'm not a Surfer expert I'm also not a novice with his feats.

Surfer has never been a speedster in H2H. I've never seen any of the heralds use any kind of Superspeed outside of traveling with their weapons/devices.

I don't see speed on either side as an issue here.

This is what I'm saying. Does Morg have super speed? Do the forum rules state that characters fight at peak abilities? At least the second is yes. If you answered yes to the first, then Morg wins this.

wink

Have you seen him use it in H2H or in battle? Thor and BRB fly pretty fast too with their hammers. I don't see speed as an advantage in H2H as they should be about the same speed.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Avlon
Surfer has never been a speedster in H2H. I've never seen any of the heralds use any kind of Superspeed outside of traveling with their weapons/devices.

I don't see speed on either side as an issue here.

Have you seen him use it in H2H or in battle? Thor and BRB fly pretty fast too with their hammers. I don't see speed as an advantage in H2H as they should be about the same speed.

Heh. We're actually pretty much in agreement here. I was playing devil's advocate with arguments that have been used against me.

Anyway, go say that in the Surfer v. Thor thread. They need to hear it. Though, to be fair, Surfer has at least once attacked while traveling faster than lightspeed (that I know of), though he was merely circling his opponent, not changing direction like "H2H speed" would imply.

But you're right about Morg, and I agree. I'd actually give BRB the majority here, but I feel like a double standard exists for heralds where people will attribute FTL attacks to Surfer and godly reaction times, while saying that the "regular speed" people of the world (BRB among them) could hang with any other herald. The heralds should at least be close to one another in terms of reactions time, so what is true for one should be at least partially true for the others...but that often isn't the case.

Avlon
Heh. We're actually pretty much in agreement here. I was playing devil's advocate with arguments that have been used against me.

I always thought the speed thing to be pretty obvious. BRB and Thor aren't that different from Heralds if one really thinks about it. Their main difference being their power source (divine power vs Cosmic Energy.)

Anyway, go say that in the Surfer v. Thor thread. They need to hear it. Though, to be fair, Surfer has at least once attacked while traveling faster than lightspeed (that I know of), though he was merely circling his opponent, not changing direction like "H2H speed" would imply.

Truth and fanboyism do not mix. It's annoying enough debating against the sheer numbers of blockheads who debate with fallacies against characters that I usually back.

On Thors end, a Godblast should end SS handily. They have ways of beating each other though. It's not particularly lopsided in any direction.

But you're right about Morg, and I agree. I'd actually give BRB the majority here, but I feel like a double standard exists for heralds where people will attribute FTL attacks to Surfer and godly reaction times, while saying that the "regular speed" people of the world (BRB among them) could hang with any other herald. The heralds should at least be close to one another in terms of reactions time, so what is true for one should be at least partially true for the others...but that often isn't the case.

Cosmics get preferential treatment simply based on potential vs other characters that must have "proof" of every little action and even then every subtlety must be debated to death.

The Spidey vs Firelord rule only seems to apply to... Spidey vs Firelord. It's usually ignored in many other cases.

Glad to see were on the same side on this one though.

leonidas
bill takes a healthy majority, imo.

CaptainStoic
Morg

quanchi112
BRB wins.

Bentley
BRB wins 6/10 at least. He had a great showing against Stardust who has feats unlike other heralds, he can walk this one.

Roldz
Good fight BRB takes it.. 8/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.