Count Nefaria vs. Sentry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Who would win?

soleran30
Sentry of course..............of course of course! The man is as fast as timesmile 1 second ahead of everything Nefaria can say or do its been done for sentry!

batdude123
I think you are seriously underestimating Count Nefaria.

soleran30
No I just have an inkling of what Sentry's powers mean.............all the strength in the world means nothing to a man of equal or greater strength plus psionics plus Sentry is one second ahead of EVERYONE on earth.

Thats a toughie but he is exactly 1 second ahead of everyone wowsmile

batdude123
Do you want me to show you all of Nefarias power, or do you know everything there is to know about Nefaria?

soleran30
I know Nefaria's powers, taking a hit from Thor's hammer and super speed and strength and emtting LASERS from his old ass eyes etc etc

Lets see Sentry took a previous Herald of Galactus on and broke his arm, broke his cosmic axe and didn't flinch and hardly had to leave on spot to do it in. Thats a toughie for any Earth based hero to top.

batdude123
I just think that I'd be a lot closer than you're admitting.

soleran30
You never asked if it would be close or a stomping.....................Sentry would win Sentry would drop nefaria's arse into space let him build up his ionic energy out there for awhilesmile

batdude123
Nah!

Horrificus
And why do you think that a one second glimpse of the future couldn't possibly make the Sentry poop his tights because he is seeing how Count Nefaria is going to shatter the Sentry's spine, a second before it actually happens?

batdude123
Originally posted by Horrificus
And why do you think that a one second glimpse of the future couldn't possibly make the Sentry poop his tights because he is seeing how Count Nefaria is going to shatter the Sentry's spine, a second before it actually happens?

Exactly!

soleran30
Because its not just that he is one second ahead of us but also has super speed, strength manipulation of energy, psionics.....................and he beat the feck outta Terrax and broke his hand darn I said arm beforesmile And his Axe...............ask yourself can Nefaria beat a herald of galactus like this?

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Sentry/SENTRY001017_100DW_t.jpg

cuz I think not

batdude123
Originally posted by soleran30
Because its not just that he is one second ahead of us but also has super speed, strength manipulation of energy, psionics.....................and he beat the feck outta Terrax and broke his hand darn I said arm beforesmile And his Axe...............ask yourself can Nefaria beat a herald of galactus like this?

cuz I think not

Yes he could!

Horrificus
Originally posted by soleran30

cuz I think not

I agree. Yes, he could beat Terrax.

Ex11B
Nefaria is way underrated.Him and Sentry would have a fight that would leave human casualties in the hundreds of thousands.I do not know who would win in a slugfest.

the Darkone
Sentry will beat a normal Count Nefaria but a Full powered Count Nefaria is on Gladiator level and he doesn't feel any pain at all, if Nefaria can take a hit from thor's hammer he can take on Sentry and could very well beat him.

batdude123
Originally posted by the Darkone
Sentry will beat a normal Count Nefaria but a Full powered Count Nefaria is on Gladiator level and he doesn't feel any pain at all, if Nefaria can take a hit from thor's hammer he can take on Sentry and could very well beat him.

I agree.

Horrificus
Full Power CN is beyond Gladiator. He doesn't have that silly self-confidence thing.

Mider
ok ok lets spill it all out give us feats for both major feats for both so we can know exactly what these guys are capable of.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mider
ok ok lets spill it all out give us feats for both major feats for both so we can know exactly what these guys are capable of.

How about I give you their stats and their powers?

Mider
nefaria has the power of some villians but multipled times 100 i think so yeah he's up there he beat the avengers, but could not hurt captains shield, sentry has been said to stalemate galactus even at full power could nefaria stalemate galactus even if he was weak?

batdude123
Ill just post there powers anyway.

Sixth_Winged
Sentry. There's no point in a speedfight against him and his evil self (void) took not only the avengers but villains helping against him as well.

batdude123
Count Nefaria:
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 230
Hair: Black

Distinguishing Features: Nefaria has sometimes worn a monocle, though it may be a cosmetic affection rather than a corrective lens.

Superhuman Powers: When his body is fully charged with ionic energy, Nefaria possesses tremendous, nearly immeasurable strength and durability, high-level superhuman speed, the power of flight, and the ability to fire powerful laser beams from his eyes. In recent times, he has also proven capable of forming and manipulating crude ionic energy constructs, such as an energy strand used to lasso an oppenent. If Nefaria's bodily ionic energy reserves dwindle too low, his powers start to fade and his body begins to wither and age rapidly. Nefaria periodically replenishes his energies by draining power from outside sources of ionic energy, often draining other ionic-powered super-beings like himself. If Nefaria drains too much energy too quickly, his victim will die. Like other ionic super-beings such as Atlas and Wonder Man, Nefaria has apparently developed astounding regenerative powers, enabling him to heal himself from a seemingly deceased state or even reintegrate his bodily matter after exploding.

Paraphenalia: Thanks to his family fortune and Maggia funds, Nefaria has maintained an arsenal of specialized high-tech equipment over the years, notably assorted elaborate death traps, force field technology, teleportation devices and illusion projectors. His "nightmare machine" could project realistic images into the minds of others, even across vast distances. Since becoming superhuman, Nefaria has relied somewhat less technology in recent years.

(Bare with me)

Sentry:
Height: 6'
Weight: 194
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Superhuman powers: Absorbing potentially limitless power from solar energy, Sentry is superhumanly strong, durable and intellegent, generates a powerful energy field and is capable of flight. His self-doubt manifests itself as the monstrous Void.

Paraphernalia: Sentry used the sentient computer CLOC, high-tech Watchtower headquarters, and Watchwagon transportation.

Sixth_Winged
Wow, what a short bio for sentry compared to Nefaria's.

batdude123
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Wow, what a short bio for sentry compared to Nefaria's.

I got that from my brand new Marvel Encyclopedia word for word.

Ex11B
A good slugfest is what I would like to see with these 2...

Sixth_Winged
Well that's a bad description right there. here's a more accurate powerset from wiki.

Jesse7
The Sentry

mpowered by the enigmatic Professor's secret formula, high school student Robert Reynolds became a superhuman. After trouncing the school bully who had tormented him, Reynolds sewed together a costume and made his debut as the heroic Sentry. One of very few super heroes active during the years just prior to the Fantastic Four's emergence, Sentry gained new importance when the new wave of heroes rose to prominence. Almost instantly deducing Spider-Man's secret identity, Sentry became a role model for the young hero, as well as an ally to the X-Men, an equal to Reed Richards and a friend to the outcast Hulk. The Sentry even battled Dr. Doom alongside the Fantastic Four and defeated his greatest enemy, the General, with the X-Men's aid.

During this period, the Sentry married the love of his life, Lindy, and took the young Scout as his sidekick; but the arrival of the Void, a shadowy monster that exploited its enemy's greatest fears, ended the Sentry's charmed life. The Void nearly killed Scout, drove Hulk into a rampage, and murdered over one million people in Manhattan. Discovering that the Void had been the dark aspect of his own powers, the Sentry teamed with Reed Richards and Dr. Strange to create a system which made Earth's entire population, themselves included, forget all about the Sentry. With the Sentry inactive and forgotten, the Void vanished.

Years later, Robert's memories slowly returned along with the Void, who rampaged across Europe, murdering many members of the Super-Heroes of Europe (SHE). The Sentry contacted his former colleagues, but the only one who recalled their shared history was the Hulk. As the Void returned to Manhattan, the pieces began to fall in place and the Sentry's former friends assembled to defend him and the city. Remembering the dual nature of Robert's powers, Sentry and Reed Richards reactivated the Watchtower, dispelling the Void and making the world forget the Sentry once again; however, Robert's memories of the Sentry soon returned, and he demanded to be placed on the Raft, S.H.I.E.L.D.' high-security prison for super-villains, claiming that he had killed his wife. During a mass breakout at the Raft, Sentry helped several other heroes subdue many of the escaping villains - notably Carnage, whom Sentry ripped in half. Inspired by this adventure, the other heroes soon formed the new Avengers, but Sentry vanished before they could invite him to join them. The Sentry has stayed in hiding since then, but remains a person of great interest to S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, who are both fascinated by his powers and worried that they may lead to another Scarlet Witch situation.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/The_Sentry

============================================
The Sentry

Identity: Secret
Legal status: Citizen of the United States with no criminal record
Place of birth: Unknown
Group affiliation: None
Base of operations: Watchtower
First appearance: SENTRY #1, rumored to be STARTLING STORIES #17

History: Robert Reynolds was startled from sleep in the middle of a lightening storm. Driven by fractured recollections of an unfamiliar past, he rescued a hidden bottle from his library. Teetering just beyond his confused grasp, visions of a mysterious mortal enemy had begun to chip away at the barriers to his forgotten former life. As Reynolds drank from the bottle, he felt an energy course through him like that of a million exploding suns. The splintered images of his prior existence began to coalesce. He remembered himself as a hero -- the Sentry, Golden Guardian of Good -- fighting alongside the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. Before his fall from grace, Reynolds had conquered time and space itself. He was omnipotent; he was immortal. He was the Sentry.

Reynolds understood the danger inherent in the Void's return -- and knew he was humanity's last, best hope. He donned his gold-and-blue Sentry costume once more and set out to prepare the world's heroes to battle an evil so great as to threaten the entire universe -- only to discover the world he'd set out to defend had forgotten him. Even Reed Richards, once his best friend, had no recollection of Robert Reynolds or the Sentry. As he approached each of them, the memories slowly began to creep back into their minds. With saddened hearts and fragmented recollections, the heroes joined their champion to defend the world against the coming of the Void.

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Known superhuman powers: While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/s/sentry.htm

============================================
The Sentry (#2 of 8 part mini series involving the Sentry and other characters)

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/oct05/SENTRY002_covcol.jpg

batdude123
Based on all of the information give, I say Count Nefaria.

Jesse7
Other known feats of sentry that I know

-Defeated Terrax, easily.
-Stalemated Galactus
-Is said to be 1 second ahead of time
-Has the power of a million/billion/trillion? exploding suns
-Is called the most powerful being in the marvel universe
-Is a silverage Stan Lee Creation
-The void was once in him, I think he expelled it from him now.
-He is said to be the only one who can defeat the void

batdude123
Originally posted by Jesse7

-Stalemated Galactus
-Is said to 1 second ahead of time
-The was once in him, I think he expelled it from him now.

Sentry is definitely not the most powerful being in Marvel.

Jesse7
It is what some of the comic descriptions called him, I am not arguing for Sentry or against Sentry, just providing some of what I know.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Jesse7

-Stalemated Galactus
-Is said to be 1 second ahead of time
-The void was once in him, I think he expelled it from him now.
-He is said to be the only one who can defeat the void

He's not actually a Silver Age creation though big grin it's actually quite a hoax Jenkins and Lee along with Wizard's help pulled.

Lucid Lui
Still to early to use Sentry in battles IMO. Even so, Sentry would win.

spetznaz
Originally posted by batdude123
Sentry is definitely not the most powerful being in Marvel.

He is not the most powerful, but is definitely pretty high up in terms of powers and capability (and once you look at his feats, including the whole void thing, Sentry is capable of some pretty much astounding feats).

Anyways, Count Nefaria is a very potent individual (and the whole stopping Thor's hammer thing is quite interesting), but he is no Sentry.

Sentry wins this.

batdude123
Originally posted by spetznaz
He is not the most powerful, but is definitely pretty high up in terms of powers and capability (and once you look at his feats, including the whole void thing, Sentry is capable of some pretty much astounding feats).

Anyways, Count Nefaria is a very potent individual (and the whole stopping Thor's hammer thing is quite interesting), but he is no Sentry.

Sentry wins this.

Talk is cheap, explain how.

spetznaz
Talk is cheap, explain how.

100% true.
Talk is cheap (in fact if you used to be here a few months past you would have met some members who made some of the most extravagant claims ....for example one called Wolverine8888 who used to say nonsense like Wolverine being able to beat Superman, Wolverine being able to beat WonderWoman, Wolverine being able to beat ......well, you get the idea. And due to his spelling deficiencies he would call Wolverine 'Wolbereen').

Anyways, I digress.

To explain how Sentry can beat Nefaria, all I have to do is simply repeat SOME of the things Jesse7 wrote:
Actually just two of them:

-Stalemated Galactus.

Then there are others like the whole void thing I mentioned.

Alright then, now I throw the gauntlet to you ...Mr 'Talk is Cheap.' Give me one example of Count Nefaria doing anything that approaches Sentry stalemating Galactus.
One example of that level of feat.

If you give me one feat of Nefaria doing something that approaches stalemating Galactus, then I will concur that Nefaria can infact be a threat to Sentry.
If you cannot then I guess that will be sufficient answer to the contrary.

As you said, talk is cheap.

Have a good evening.

I'm willing to wait (and I'm pretty certain that there will infact be waiting).

Ex11B
Does anyone have a scan of Sentry supposedly stalemating Big G?..From what I have read Nefaria slapped around both Avengers and Thunderbolts like nothing(although they may not have had all the team memebers)

batdude123
Originally posted by spetznaz
100% true.
Talk is cheap (in fact if you used to be here a few months past you would have met some members who made some of the most extravagant claims ....for example one called Wolverine8888 who used to say nonsense like Wolverine being able to beat Superman, Wolverine being able to beat WonderWoman, Wolverine being able to beat ......well, you get the idea. And due to his spelling deficiencies he would call Wolverine 'Wolbereen').

Anyways, I digress.

To explain how Sentry can beat Nefaria, all I have to do is simply repeat SOME of the things Jesse7 wrote:
Actually just two of them:

-Stalemated Galactus.

Then there are others like the whole void thing I mentioned.

Alright then, now I throw the gauntlet to you ...Mr 'Talk is Cheap.' Give me one example of Count Nefaria doing anything that approaches Sentry stalemating Galactus.
One example of that level of feat.

If you give me one feat of Nefaria doing something that approaches stalemating Galactus, then I will concur that Nefaria can infact be a threat to Sentry.
If you cannot then I guess that will be sufficient answer to the contrary.

As you said, talk is cheap.

Have a good evening.

I'm willing to wait (and I'm pretty certain that there will infact be waiting).

Count Nefaria has defeated Atlas and Wonder Man at the same time. He also defeated the Avengers and the Thunderbolts at the same time as well.

spetznaz
Count Nefaria has defeated Atlas and Wonder Man at the same time. He also defeated the Avengers and the Thunderbolts at the same time as well.

Defeating Atlas and Wonderman means one thing .....that Nefaria is more powerful than his peer ionic beings (like Nefaria, both Atlas and WM are ionic beings). I also know that Nefaria can subsist by absorbing the ionic power of other ionic beings (making him some sort of 'energy vampire').
Anyways, that is amazing.

Defeating the Avengers is also worthy of note, as is the Thunderbolt defeat.

However does any of these come close to pimp slapping a herald of Galactus, or for that matter stalemating Galactus (was mentioned in the original Sentry miniseries that he had stalemated Galactus sometime in the past).

I don't think so.

Hit and Run
I agree that Sentry would win, but I don't think the whole stalemating Galactus scenario should be brought up, considering how much the Big G's power fluctuates when he is hungry. Thor once even beat Galactus and I think Dr. Strange did too. I think if Sentry did indeed stalemate Galactus, then Galactus must have been pretty hungry.

Sixth_Winged

count nefaria can control ionic beings and gets more powerful fighting them.

CaptainStoic
The Sentry vs Count Neferia huh! In my opinion, The Sentry outclasses Neferia in all ways, this is the same guy who stopped Galactus single handedly right? Neferia couldn't do this plus The Sentry is said to have the power of a million exploding stars, I not only think that he could beat Nefaria, but perhaps you should throw in a couple of other guys as well.... Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Supes himself.... perhaps that would make this a good fight.
Just remember The Sentry has not used the full extent of his powers because he is afraid to make this guy Void more powerful (The Void broke every bone in The Hulks body effortlessly)!!!. To sum it up Neferia vs Sentry is like pitting Aunt May up against Venom.

batdude123
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
The Sentry vs Count Neferia huh! In my opinion, The Sentry outclasses Neferia in all ways, this is the same guy who stopped Galactus single handedly right? Neferia couldn't do this plus The Sentry is said to have the power of a million exploding stars, I not only think that he could beat Nefaria, but perhaps you should throw in a couple of other guys as well.... Gladiator, Captain Marvel, and Supes himself.... perhaps that would make this a good fight.
Just remember The Sentry has not used the full extent of his powers because he is afraid to make this guy Void more powerful (The Void broke every bone in The Hulks body effortlessly)!!!. To sum it up Neferia vs Sentry is like pitting Aunt May up against Venom.

Alright......... Nefaria, Grim Reaper, Firebird, and Starfox vs. Sentry.

I'm Bran
I'd say Nefaria at this point in time.

Good thread though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.