What is it Called When...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sailormoon
What's it called when someone goes by the foundation of Christianity, Judaism, and ...I don't know...there's one more religion that has the same basic foundation as these two...but, what's it called when you go by that foundation and don't define yourself directly with one of those religions? What do y'all think of that idea?

Morgoths_Wrath
Islam is the third

and I guess that just makes you monotheistic. It depends on what you believe.

You can still be Christian and not affiliate with any specific shurch

soleran30
..woops

Shakyamunison
Human?

Atlantis001
confuse ?

Darth Jello
unitarian? bahai? messianic jew? don't know

debbiejo
I have no idea.

Blue nocturne
It's called different interpertation.

Mindship
Originally posted by sailormoon
What's it called when someone goes by the foundation of Christianity, Judaism...and don't define yourself directly with one of those religions?...

Seeking.

tlbauerle
Fundamentalists?

MC Mike
It's worrying that you didn't know the third major monothiestic religion...

debbiejo
I think it's in the category called "Other"

sailormoon
Good answers! big grin But I mean when someone agrees that there is a God and defines themself with that foundation. They're not...completely confused exactly...it's just that they don't see how all of those religions, when you get right down to it, basically believe the exact same thing, but simply have different books. I mean, how can you tell someone else their religion is wrong when you're only speaking on what you've bee taught...when the other person is speaking on what they've been taught? People say that whoever doesn't believe in God is going to Hell, but I can't really agree because if someone wasn't raised to believe in God, there's no way they could know of these things or assume that religion is right. Do ya get what I'm sayin'?...or was that confusing? embarrasment stick out tongue

leonheartmm
problem is, each relegion would have you believe that they have the basicstanding as the other{christianity authenticates judaism, jews etc, and claims that its the continuation of THAT, while islam authenticates christianity/christ but says that they changed their true revealed message because of selfishness just like the jews and its the continuation and conclusion of the true revealed relegion, ofcourse none of the original ones actually accept the proceeding relegions , like jews dont accept chrisitians as right and christians dont accept muslims as right} but they actually have different basics and beliefs}

sailormoon
But in the end they all believe there is a God. I'm sure they all believe that you should repent for your sins. And things like that. That's what I mean when I say the "basics". People can't tell other people their religion is wrong, so, some choose not to follow a "book" strictly. Just the basics.

leonheartmm
the definition of SIN in each can be substantially different in each and the concept of god is very dufferent. in chrsitianity theres the mother, son and holy ghost/ in islam theres only one god with no equal etc etc.

sailormoon
But you do agree there is no way one religion can truly know someone else's religion is wrong right? All we have is faith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.