Sersi vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
didn't find it with the search..

anyway, who wins??

LordKaos
I think this would be a battle of titanic proportions. She can duplicate all his abilities, and has a host of her own. She naturally has about 25 class strength but can psionically increase it. She could trap him in a world of illusion or use her molecular rearrangement powers to make these illusions real. He has that bio-aura thing, but if it exists then it is subject to her ability to manipulate subatomic particles. He is bolstered by solar radiation, while she is by cosmic energy.

GODSCRIBE
yeah, a fight of titanic proportions.

GODSCRIBE
bump

batdude123
It'd be pretty close.

thesilverspider
Bah!!!!!!!!!!! supes wins...........

batdude123
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Bah!!!!!!!!!!! supes wins...........

It'd be closer than your willing to admit.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by batdude123
It'd be closer than your willing to admit.
confused

soleran30
Thats the standard batdude123 response........................and I don't think it would. Sersi is above Supermans abilities in all areas. Supes can put up a good fight however Sersi has to many trump cards............she isn't all about move fast and hit hard more like .............think quickly and turn superman into a frog.

LordKaos
Or she reads his mind finds his weakness and creates kryptonite out of ambient atoms.

GODSCRIBE
hmm, that is also a possibility.

GODSCRIBE
bump

TheKahn
Unless her reaction times have been shown to be fast enough to couter light speed attacks, then (imo) Superman wins every time.

batdude123
Originally posted by soleran30
Thats the standard batdude123 response........................and I don't think it would. Sersi is above Supermans abilities in all areas. Supes can put up a good fight however Sersi has to many trump cards............she isn't all about move fast and hit hard more like .............think quickly and turn superman into a frog.

What's that supposed to mean, "standard batdude123 response?"

Darth_Erebus
If this is current Superman then Sersi wins. She can match every one of his abilities and then some.

LordKaos
she's a telepath that can teleport, and instantly transmute matter i think her reaction time will do just fine against superspeed.

TheKahn
Originally posted by LordKaos
she's a telepath that can teleport, and instantly transmute matter i think her reaction time will do just fine against superspeed.

How does those powers prove she has light speed reaction time or reflexes? confused

Is there a scan or example of her fighting at near light speeds? I don't know much about the character besider her bio. Superman can attack faster than most others can even think, so without some proof that she can respond to an attack that fast I just don't see how she can win.

LordKaos
you don't need light speed reaction when you have a powers that work at the speed of thought.

batdude123
Originally posted by TheKahn
How does those powers prove she has light speed reaction time or reflexes? confused

Is there a scan or example of her fighting at near light speeds? I don't know much about the character besider her bio. Superman can attack faster than most others can even think, so without some proof that she can respond to an attack that fast I just don't see how she can win.

yes

TheKahn
you don't need light speed reaction when you have a powers that work at the speed of thought.

Yes, you do when you're fighting someone who is faster than the speed of thought. yes

GODSCRIBE
Yes, you do when you're fighting someone who is faster than the speed of thought. yes

faster than human thought most likely.

Darth_Erebus

But current Superman can't move at the speed of thought. It's debatable whether even Pre Crisis could.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
But current Superman can't move at the speed of thought. It's debatable whether even Pre Crisis could.
Superman is faster then thought always was. wink

batdude123

I've seen Superman spin around the world so fast that it turned back time. Don't tell me that's not faster than the speed of thought!

thesilverspider
I've seen Superman spin around the world so fast that it turned back time. Don't tell me that's not faster than the speed of thought!
The movies hold no weight on these forums........ sad

Femi32
According to this forum, the speed of thought for humans is supposed to be 30 m/s. Supes is faster than a speeding bullet.

batdude123
Originally posted by Femi32
According to this forum, the speed of thought is supposed to be 30 m/s. Supes is faster than a speeding bullet.

Not only that but he's been shown to go faster than the speed of light. wink

TheKahn
Well if I did my conversion right 30 m/s is about 67.1mph while the speed of light is 670,616,629 mph. Superman is faster.

Femi32
30 meters per second= 98.424 ft per second= 0.018 miles per second

= 1.08 miles per minute = 64.8 miles per hour That's how fast a person thinks according to the rules.

That's way slower than a speeding bullet and is way slower than Supes thinking speed.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Femi32
30 meters per second= 98.424 ft per second= 0.018 miles per second

= 1.08 miles per minute = 64.8 miles per hour

That's way slower than a speeding bullet.

So I did my conversion wrong then. embarrasment
Forgot to convert feet into miles, my bad. I fixed it.

Femi32
That's okay. Everybody makes mistakes.

Avalonofthewind
Or she reads his mind finds his weakness and creates kryptonite out of ambient atoms.

That won't work. Dominus is far above her and it didn't work for him.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4250/torquasmvo4po.th.jpg

batdude123
Superman with out question.

Darth_Erebus
Superman with out question.

Question.

Sersi wins.

TheKahn
Question.

Sersi wins.

How? If he can kill her before she even realizes that the fight has started?

The Ion
Sersi does the job like everyone else. Torquasm Vo wins 10/10.

LordKaos
Say he moves faster than the speed of thought, she's a telepath she can intercept thoughts, he has to think to move no matter how instinctual one may think something is it all starts in the brain and a telepath would know that, she teleports. She doesn't even have to teleport because unless a hit from him can disperse her molecularly it won't hurt (eternals can regenerate any injured or missing tissue and are virtually indestructible). She takes his measure the whole time probing his mind for his weakness, she transforms his costume into it, he dies painfully.

The Ion
Superman doesn't have weaknesses anymore...

LordKaos
then she transforms him.

Avalonofthewind
That's been tried as well. Reality Control > Matter manipulation.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9751/vo23kw.th.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8059/vo31hz.th.jpg

Can Sersi survive hits that shatter space/time?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2484/019kl.th.jpg

soleran30
Again people are assuming she thinks the same as humans and yet she isn't one and is immortal which cannot be killed unless you disperse her molecules over a large enough area.........................Sersi is a low Sky-Father type with matter manipulation oh I think might might be able to pu up a shield to protect her from Superman's Jobber Aura in time.

Not to mention she doesn't have to just alter and maipulate things around SM she can manipulate HIM.

LordKaos
Reality manipulation is a gross power that lacks the finesse of the manipulation of atomic particles and Sersis manipulations can only be undone by herself or a being or machine that rearranges said particles.

And that shattering space time thing, from what I'm reading that page is more metaphorical than anything else.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by The Ion
Superman doesn't have weaknesses anymore...

Actually he has quite a few. He's far less powerful now than he was in his pre crisis days.

The Ion
Actually he has quite a few. He's far less powerful now than he was in his pre crisis days.
Depends on what you mean by Pre-Crisis. The only Pre-Crisis Superman that was really ridiculous was the 1960's version where he was snuffing out stars with his breath. It wouldn't be a stretch to say he's back up to his late 70's/early 80's strength levels and these days his so called weaknesses don't even affect him much. The minute he was able to stand in K-nite and take a point blank nuke was the minute K-nite stopped being a weakness and became more of an annoyance. Any Pre-Crisis Kryptonian would have been atomized by such an attack.

Khellendros
Meh. Sersi wins more often than not. She can amp her strength up to the point that she knocked out Hercules with a punch, she's stalemated Exodus in a spychic battle, she's friggin INDESTRCTIBLE and among the Eternals --a race of people who are matter manipulators by birth-- is the best matter manipulator of all. Supes gets trapped in an illusion so real that it fools all of his senses and then gets ktfo at her leisure.

Avalonofthewind
Reality manipulation is a gross power that lacks the finesse of the manipulation of atomic particles and Sersis manipulations can only be undone by herself or a being or machine that rearranges said particles.

And that shattering space time thing, from what I'm reading that page is more metaphorical than anything else.

Matter manipulation would be a small part of Reality manipulation as Dominus can do both. He's far above Sersi, unless Sersi has the power to trap eternity or anyone just under his class.

As for indestructable, when I see her run through some Omega beams, then I'll believe it.

Juntai
Originally posted by Khellendros
Meh. Sersi wins more often than not. She can amp her strength up to the point that she knocked out Hercules with a punch, she's stalemated Exodus in a spychic battle, she's friggin INDESTRCTIBLE and among the Eternals --a race of people who are matter manipulators by birth-- is the best matter manipulator of all. Supes gets trapped in an illusion so real that it fools all of his senses and then gets ktfo at her leisure. Superman deals in world and universal level manipulators as part of his rogues gallery, given Queen of Fables, and Mxy.

It's safe to say Superman isn't going to fall for any illusion for any great length of time.

And she can matter manipulate living tissue?
I'd like a scan of that as well, from whoever was saying she would do that, most of them CANNOT do it to living beings.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Matter manipulation would be a small part of Reality manipulation as Dominus can do both. He's far above Sersi, unless Sersi has the power to trap eternity or anyone just under his class.

As for indestructable, when I see her run through some Omega beams, then I'll believe it.

Matter manipulation is more defined than reality warping, whose levels fluctuate greatly. On a scale of 1-5, Sersi is a level 5 manipulator. She is the creme de la creme when it comes to manipulating matter. Her molecules would have to be completely dispersed before she would die...she recovers from injuries that kill people like Superman without much difficulty. She can augment her strength greatly..enough to battle Superman hand to hand if she wanted. She's Silver Surfer in a skirt..and arguably is a bit above Surfer. Actually, Sersi Prime is skyfather level. She would augment her powers to a point that Superman wouldnt be able to harm her.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Matter manipulation is more defined than reality warping, whose levels fluctuate greatly. On a scale of 1-5, Sersi is a level 5 manipulator. She is the creme de la creme when it comes to manipulating matter. Her molecules would have to be completely dispersed before she would die...she recovers from injuries that kill people like Superman without much difficulty. She can augment her strength greatly..enough to battle Superman hand to hand if she wanted. She's Silver Surfer in a skirt..and arguably is a bit above Surfer. Actually, Sersi Prime is skyfather level. She would augment her powers to a point that Superman wouldnt be able to harm her.

That's all good and all, but when your powers are matter manipulation in addition to magic AND reality manipulation. Then you are on a totally different level.

There isn't anything Sersi can do that Dominus can't do on a much higher level. Superman defeated him, and thus can do the same to sersi.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
That's all good and all, but when your powers are matter manipulation in addition to magic AND reality manipulation. Then you are on a totally different level.

There isn't anything Sersi can do that Dominus can't do on a much higher level. Superman defeated him, and thus can do the same to sersi.

sorry, logic like this is unacceptable.

otherwise people like Dr. Strange would win every battle. and spiderman would be herald level.

but you still haven't grasped the fact that Sersi is at the pinnacle of matter manipulation. she would turn Superman to a slice of cheese without much trouble. and those scans show no evidence of matter manipulation, only reality warping and illusionary feats that Proteus in a weakened state could accomplish.

LordKaos
She can manipulate living tissue as when she was posing as the goddess Circe back in ancient Greece, it was her who turned Odysseus's men into pigs in marvel mythos.

olympian
Where are the matter manipulations feats of Dominus? He showed illusions there.

Sersi has both those and magic and well above higher top tier strength if she wants to. Between other powers of the eternals powerset.

On a final note. He showed reality morphing powers, alright. But why based on those examples, hes considered on such a high level?

hoorayforpeepee
yeah, dominus is using only illusions there. and as that fella said already, it seems like the dimension-shattering punches between l and el are more metaphorical than anything.

by nature of their powers, telepaths have to react at minimum the speed of thought (PS: are you sure that isn't thirty miles per second?) superman doesn't always move that fast anyway, not by a longshot.

top-form sersi is alot like a the finesse of surfer and the power of thanos.

beware, superman fans obsessed with CIS/PIS/FIS related feats, the hour is nigh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.