Do Christians find this picture offensive?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
http://funfreepages.com/albums/owned/jesus_was_own3d.jpg

Christians, is this offensive?

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad?

leonheartmm
well sum1 commented on sumthin similar to this once. christ was a loser. no winner dies nailed to a cross with half the world against him.

Echuu
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath

No.

Kella
Originally posted by leonheartmm
well sum1 commented on sumthin similar to this once. christ was a loser. no winner dies nailed to a cross with half the world against him.

Well...there just are no words for that.

Kella
Is the picture offensive? No.
How many times do Chistians see that picture or one similar to it? About every week of their lives.

I personally still don't like to see it, but it's a reality that exists. I like to keep a different vision of Christ in my head...and in my heart.

debbiejo
well sum1 commented on sumthin similar to this once. christ was a loser. no winner dies nailed to a cross with half the world against him. I don't see the teachings of Jesus a loser. It's what the churches did to him that made him that to many people. His teaching were very good! As being a sacrificial lamb, that is what the church made him to bring in the Jews as THEE Messiah, for the sin thing......Don't blame Jesus for what Paul and the church did........IMO

Wesker
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/2764/topicinteresting1qt.jpg

Makedde
I don't care about that picture. Big deal, I say. smile

debbiejo
Influentially this is something faith is built on.............signs and miracles..............as told in the last days, so we are told..............Hmmmmmmm......Signs and miracles are still here today, and what does that mean?

debbiejo
This a pic that the faith was built on.........like the sand that was built on the wise man (parable) was built on..........

JacopeX

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad? Im very offended by the pic and im a catholic. Why call me a christian?

Storm
First of all, no one in this thread called you a Christian and secondly, Catholicism is a Christian denomination.

maham
does that show Him with a bomb on HIs head ...NO n nothin is bein said against HIm in this pic is there?the insultin 1s WUD hurt them.they hav these pics in their churches n all n they bow b4 it.drawin HIm is not blasphemy in christianity anyways but it is in Islam,so... u just tried to pick on us frm a wrong angle stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX
Im very offended by the pic and im a catholic. Why call me a christian?

Because you are a christian?

Wasn't half the world though, was it?

Originally posted by maham
does that show Him with a bomb on HIs head ...NO n nothin is bein said against HIm in this pic is there?the insultin 1s WUD hurt them.they hav these pics in their churches n all n they bow b4 it.drawin HIm is not blasphemy in christianity anyways but it is in Islam,so... u just tried to pick on us frm a wrong angle stick out tongue

Although I agree with that, Rioting everywhere, respond with even stronger Anti-Semitism and even Terroristic acts is "the wrong angle" as well.

Atlantis001

Blue nocturne
Despite the fact that I'm not christian anymore I still respect jesus he's an intresting person.

Blue nocturne

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Atlanis whats that pic on your sig called?

It is the Seal of the Theosophical Society, a mix of the knowledge of all the religions togheter, specially buddhism and hinduism.

They try to find analogies between all religions, what their are supposed to mean... they try to find some "greater meaning", some kind of "hidden truth" beyond religion, what spirituality really is.

There is a phrase written on their seal, but it does not show in the pic, it says "There is no religion greater than the truth".

debbiejo
Nice saying for sure.

Wesker
Nifty.

Bloigen
I find it offensive, not because i'm a christian but because it pokes fun at a death.

sithsaber408
I don't like that it's used as a joke.

Or that the pic is of him "owned", when it was a choice he made, and specifically, because it connected us to him.

So, WE were "owned". big grin

I do however, like the bumper sticker that says:

"Jesus loves you; everyone else thinks your an a$shole." stick out tongue

here,

soap

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
I still respect jesus he's an intresting person.

Same here...I can never find a reason to disrespect anyone. Unless is in a humorous way, I go with a laugh. I'm sure God likes humor...after all, he created it, right? wink

debbiejo
Sure, why not?..........god likes humor...........unlike many of us.

Aliies
Like in Dogma; Jesus is Black, God is a woman with a great sense of humor and the THIRTEENTH apostle was a black man who Jesus owed money to.

In all my life never once have I doubted my faith nor that who I believe in is ever tarnished...

The OWNED picture is by no means offensive same as which sithsaber408 said; It was his choice so we were all 'owned' as he died for our sins.

In fact, I do find the mirth in such but also agree the fact that death should never be marvelled at or laughed about; the picture only depicts a man dying, a mere body...

It is the soul that dies once it is freed of it's body and returned to God; the body returns to enrich the Earth.

It is well known that graveyards have the most furtile soil, but htne again shouldn't be used out of respect for the dead.

People have become far too sentimental upon the flesh and have begun to neglect the soul... for example: If you keep a person locked up in a large cell and supply them with everything they need to survive for a very long time and alone they will die eventually as the soul has been neglected; but then again the soul treated highly whilst the body neglected they die quicker.

To die in spirit as I have seen with my OWN eyes is the most horryfying thing imaginable; my uncle Udo gave up the will to live and died beyond the physical tense to be with his love, my grandmother who died long before him.

As of course this is not intended to lecture anyone as it is my opinion, nothing more; listen or ignore what you will...

I don't care...

finti
depends on what kind of muslim you are

markie

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad? No, but if I had I don't think I would want to riot. I don't agree with the cartoons but I don't agree with the violent re action either. I think most of the protests were peaceful but there were some violent ones too.

markie
Originally posted by debbiejo
I don't see the teachings of Jesus a loser. It's what the churches did to him that made him that to many people. His teaching were very good! As being a sacrificial lamb, that is what the church made him to bring in the Jews as THEE Messiah, for the sin thing......Don't blame Jesus for what Paul and the church did........IMO If you don't believe the bible how do you know what he taught?

markie
does that show Him with a bomb on HIs head ...NO n nothin is bein said against HIm in this pic is there?the insultin 1s WUD hurt them.they hav these pics in their churches n all n they bow b4 it.drawin HIm is not blasphemy in christianity anyways but it is in Islam,so... u just tried to pick on us frm a wrong angle stick out tongue That one offended me at least they could have drawn some better pictures. I thought a couple of them were kind of humourous but most of them were just dumb.

X-Menfan87
Originally posted by Kella
Is the picture offensive? No.
How many times do Chistians see that picture or one similar to it? About every week of their lives.

I personally still don't like to see it, but it's a reality that exists. I like to keep a different vision of Christ in my head...and in my heart.
She's right we see stuff like that alot and no its not offensive,Its life. smile

Arachnoidfreak

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad?

laughing

So wrong, but I can't help myself.

Hack Benjamin
It's not so much offenssive as it is immature, un-funny, and a total waste of time.

Bassicaly, I expect to see that picture on SNL..

=Mysta=-kILL
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sure, why not?..........god likes humor...........unlike many of us.
I really dont think God appreciates that kind of thing, it really wouldnt be funny to him, because that is his son on the cross.
I myself, find it very offensive because of my religious believes, and to poke fun at that just isnt right.

mysterio69
well, he WAS owned.clown

Hack Benjamin
http://www.mikechurch.com/Mambo/images/stories/dude_images/todays_liberals_suck.gif

=Mysta=-kILL
Originally posted by mysterio69
well, he WAS owned.clown
Actually, he gave his life so that people like you have a chance to repent instead of burning in Hell.

markie

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad? No but if I did I would still support your right to post it. It seems like a lot of times when people critisize islam even if they don't show a picture they are inn danger of receiving a death threat. That doesn't promote respect that causes fear.

debbiejo
Originally posted by =Mysta=-kILL
I really dont think God appreciates that kind of thing, it really wouldnt be funny to him, because that is his son on the cross.
You're only assuming that god doesn't appreciate it. Aren't we taught never to assume anything? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fishy
Originally posted by =Mysta=-kILL
I myself, find it very offensive because of my religious believes, and to poke fun at that just isnt right.

Well god did let his son die on the cross, god did look down at Jesus as he was hanging there. I don't think he would care much about this picture or most other things for that matter.

now do I find it offensive, in a way yes and in a way no. If you want to post it you have fun I can't blame you, I don't even mind really. But it is disrespecting towards a religion and a large group of people and that no matter what religion it is, is just well wrong isn't really the right word bur arrogant perhaps.

If you believe in Jesus then you believe he died on the cross for our sins there, that shows him dying for us. That wouldn't be owned, because it was his choice, if you believe in the Jesus from the Muslim POV then this picture makes no sense and if you don't believe in Jesus you might find this funny. Whatever the case, i've seen better owned pictures then this, and I certainly don't think its funny, which makes it a waste of space, and I don't like things that waste space, seeing as it ruins another 2 seconds of my already far to short life.

markie
Actually yes I did find it a little bit offensive but I guess we're used to things like that. You do have a right to post it and I don't think anybody would make a death threat or burn your mosque because of it.
It's biblically inacurate to say the least but whoever made that picture has a right to be ignorant.

finti
what so biblical inacurate with it?

markie
Originally posted by finti
what so biblical inacurate with it? The sign should say King of the Jews.

finti
take a closer and you will see that it do say that over the bar.
"Jesus Nazaren Rex Iudeorum"

markie
does that show Him with a bomb on HIs head ...NO n nothin is bein said against HIm in this pic is there?the insultin 1s WUD hurt them.they hav these pics in their churches n all n they bow b4 it.drawin HIm is not blasphemy in christianity anyways but it is in Islam,so... u just tried to pick on us frm a wrong angle stick out tongue That one doesn't offend me but this one would. http://lostbudgie.blogspot.com/2006/03/university-of-saskatchewan-jesus-oral.html I might even write a letter to the editor of the newspaper.
The University of Saskatchewan publication The Sheaf chose not to publish the famous Mohammed cartoons "out of respect for Islam."

They seem to have no problem at all though, publishing a cartoon of Jesus having oral sex with a "Capitalist Piglet". In the second frame of the same cartoon, the piglet tells Jesus that the act is Kosher if he doesn't swallow his mouthful of ejaculate - which is seen dripping from Jesus' mouth.

Do I want The Sheaf to be prohibited by law from publishing a cartoon of Jesus with his mouth full of ejaculate?

No - While I certainly wouldn't be sending my children to this fine institution, and I might write a letter or two in a failed attempt to remove public funding from the "university", neither will I nor millions of other Canadian Christians be rioting or murdering because of this cartoon.

The cartoonist and the U of Sask editors know that they do not have to worry about violence from Christians. Jesus is much bigger than this cartoon, and Christians do not have a worldwide culture of violence associated with the practice of their religion.

What Do I Want from the University of Saskatchewan? Just the truth...

Publish the Mohammed Cartoons - or admit that the refusal to publish the cartoons is based upon fear of Muslim Violence rather than "respect" for religion.

Or, simply admit that the University of Saskatchewan respects Islam but not Christianity.

Just the truth. That's all.
You don't get any body to respect islam "the religion of peace" by making them scared to satirize or even to critisize it. It seems like a lot of people who do are issued death threats.

Eis
Originally posted by markie
That one doesn't offend me but this one would. http://lostbudgie.blogspot.com/2006/03/university-of-saskatchewan-jesus-oral.html I might even write a letter to the editor of the newspaper.
The University of Saskatchewan publication The Sheaf chose not to publish the famous Mohammed cartoons "out of respect for Islam."

They seem to have no problem at all though, publishing a cartoon of Jesus having oral sex with a "Capitalist Piglet". In the second frame of the same cartoon, the piglet tells Jesus that the act is Kosher if he doesn't swallow his mouthful of ejaculate - which is seen dripping from Jesus' mouth.

Do I want The Sheaf to be prohibited by law from publishing a cartoon of Jesus with his mouth full of ejaculate?

No - While I certainly wouldn't be sending my children to this fine institution, and I might write a letter or two in a failed attempt to remove public funding from the "university", neither will I nor millions of other Canadian Christians be rioting or murdering because of this cartoon.

The cartoonist and the U of Sask editors know that they do not have to worry about violence from Christians. Jesus is much bigger than this cartoon, and Christians do not have a worldwide culture of violence associated with the practice of their religion.

Publish the Mohammed Cartoons - or admit that the refusal to publish the cartoons is based upon fear of Muslim Violence rather than "respect" for religion.

Or, simply admit that the University of Saskatchewan respects Islam but not Christianity.

You don't get any body to respect islam "the religion of peace" by making them scared to satirize or even to critisize it. It seems like a lot of people who do are issued death threats.
You need to get laid.
And that comic sucks, Jesus looks like a frickin' zombie.

markie
Originally posted by Eis
You need to get laid.
And that comic sucks, Jesus looks like a frickin' zombie. I know. big grin so did the mohammed cartoons but muslims thought it was their prophet.. It looked more like bin laden might have looked but it didn't look like him either.

Wesker
Originally posted by markie
That one doesn't offend me but this one would. http://lostbudgie.blogspot.com/2006/03/university-of-saskatchewan-jesus-oral.html I might even write a letter to the editor of the newspaper.

Excellent points.

=Mysta=-kILL
Originally posted by Fishy
Well god did let his son die on the cross, god did look down at Jesus as he was hanging there. I don't think he would care much about this picture or most other things for that matter.

now do I find it offensive, in a way yes and in a way no. If you want to post it you have fun I can't blame you, I don't even mind really. But it is disrespecting towards a religion and a large group of people and that no matter what religion it is, is just well wrong isn't really the right word bur arrogant perhaps.

If you believe in Jesus then you believe he died on the cross for our sins there, that shows him dying for us. That wouldn't be owned, because it was his choice, if you believe in the Jesus from the Muslim POV then this picture makes no sense and if you don't believe in Jesus you might find this funny. Whatever the case, i've seen better owned pictures then this, and I certainly don't think its funny, which makes it a waste of space, and I don't like things that waste space, seeing as it ruins another 2 seconds of my already far to short life.
yes, I do agree with you here, you make a good point.

Bowser jr
No because thats how Christians see what Christ. evil face smokin' devil beer

The Black Ghost

--The picture is wrong but I dont really take offense to it. Its not like Im going to go on a killing spree now against non-Christians... unlike the muslims...

lil bitchiness
Well Im not a Christian, but such picture is not funny. I don't know if it would be offencive - but it isn't really saying anything clever, or have a point.

Owned, as in Jesus got captured and crusified...and? blink

I don't think id find this offencive if i was a Christian...i dont know.

Smallville

I was raised Roman Catholic my entire life, and I don't find that offensive at all. I think it is quite humorous.

I was going to write more, but I dont feel like it.

The Disagreer
Not offensive at all. In the end he won. He did this for a reason.

Black Rob

If so, why? And is it my right to be able to post it? Is it similar to the Danish cartoons of Mohammad? I'm not religious and even I find that offensive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.