The Roots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
I ran a search, but didn't find any threads on these guys.

Any of you hip-hop heads into The Roots? Got any recommendations? Do you have a favorite album?

K.Diddy
Never heard of them,but just downloaded a song called ''Break you off'' to check it out,Not my style

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by K.Diddy
Never heard of them,but just downloaded a song called ''Break you off'' to check it out,Not my style

Never heard of The Roots?!

Step your game up Diddy

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
Never heard of The Roots?!

Step your game up Diddy

I'm just more of a rocker,than a hip-hopper,although I do like heaps of hip hop music

-hh-
The Roots are the perfect example of jazz and hip hop coinciding. I recommend all their works, but my top 3 would be:

1. Illadelph Halflife
2. Do You Want More?!?!!
3. Things Fall Apart

koolruningz
Originally posted by -hh-
The Roots are the perfect example of jazz and hip hop coinciding. I recommend all their works, but my top 3 would be:

1. Illadelph Halflife
2. Do You Want More?!?!!
3. Things Fall Apart

What he said. smart

Imaginary
I've only heard Rolling With Heat but it's one of my favourite hip hop songs, as I'm not really that into hip hop.

cool_dudes_rule
never heard of them.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
"Stay cool mother-f*ckers, y'all know da rules..." - great lyric from a great song from great album from a great band.

'The Tipping Point' - check that shit, yo.

papabeard
I gots Big Love for The Roots cool

Red Superfly
Saw them live.

Excellent.

Solo
Originally posted by -hh-
1. Illadelph Halflife
2. Do You Want More?!?!!
3. Things Fall Apart
Really? I thought 'Things Fall Apart' was loads better.

Deathblow
Black Thought is the man.

Things Fall Apart is my fav.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.