Devil May Cry 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

b-dan
i just found this kick as picture i cant wait for this game to come out on the ps3

Rewmac
First you gotta have money for the Ps3 and who knows how much a game will cost...

Alpha Centauri
IGN predicted that these next gen consoles, save for the Revolution, won't be innovating. Just shining up the same old games.

Looks like they were right.

-AC

Arker
I've never played DMC. What kind of game is it?

Stalker 360
hack slash kill fun devils guns (thats the easiest way to say it) the pic is old like 2005 old sorry yeah ill buy it and im getting the 360 i have the money for it and the revolution so yeah

JKozzy
Originally posted by b-dan
i just found this kick as picture i cant wait for this game to come out on the ps3 Just found? That picture is nearly a year old.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. and it doesnt look next-gen at all... not to mention this one looks much better than the one you posted

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/258/928376_20050916_screen001.jpg

b-dan
i have tha tpicture i just like the other one better. i dont surf the net alot for stuff like this i was just looking for the stuff that would be in Devil May Cry 3 special eddition before i got it i just beat it with dante today

SaTsuJiN
did they even release any statements telling people whats new about DMC 4 ?

MadMel
umm.....no i dont think so

Stalker 360
no they didnt and dante is a hunk but he looks ugly on the ps3

b-dan
i wonder who the new villan will be and it better not tunre out to be enzo like in DMC2 or ill be pissed

IcePunk
Originally posted by Stalker 360
no they didnt and dante is a hunk but he looks ugly on the ps3
Yeah, I really hope they "redesign" his face and his clothes, he should wear his DMC1 clothes(and face), those are the coolest big grincool

PS: He kinda looks like a alkoholic lowlife in Satsujins pic, no offence, man

Dark_Psylocke
Well, DMC is my favourite videogame series, being DMC3 my favourite videogame. So I'm truly looking forward to playing DMC4.

I mean, it should be okay, as long as they keep on the right path, and as far as possible from DMC2

SaTsuJiN
I liked 2's gameplay but not the story so much.. it was kinda a botch job

as for dante's look.. if they're going for older, he has to look it.. which can sometimes make characters not so good looking

b-dan
I heard a rumor he might grow a little beard or something

MadMel
i dont think so..no

SaTsuJiN
I hope they give you more melee weapons than just sword and big sword... ninja gaiden for xbox was pretty good with the various weapons

IcePunk
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I hope they give you more melee weapons than just sword and big sword... ninja gaiden for xbox was pretty good with the various weapons
True, but DMC3 had a variety of weapons; Ice nun-chucks, an eletric guitar, flame & wind dual sword, those light boots and gauntlets(basicly the same weapon as Ifrit) and then we had the styles...

b-dan
ya your rite there. but i wonder one thing what dose he do with all those left over swords over the past 3 games

IcePunk
Originally posted by b-dan
ya your rite there. but i wonder one thing what dose he do with all those left over swords over the past 3 games
Well in the intro of DMC 1 you see many monster heads pierced with different swords on the walls of his office...

b-dan
o ya i remember now its been years since ive played DMC 1

IcePunk
Well it's the best one in it's serie

b-dan
In my opinion I like 3

Superboy Prime
Devil May Cry 4 goes Multiplatform

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html

Yes. Looks like I will be able to enjoy Devil May Cry again.

Wonder if Capcom will do some Livesque bonuses.

Stalker 360
i hope so i want
playable characters. vergil neo angelo and sparda. all so weapons packs containing dmc 1 weapons dmc 2 weapons and dmc 3 weapons.

Cloud_VII
Official Devil May Cry 4 site

I can't wait to play this game.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Devil May Cry 4 goes Multiplatform

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/774/774093p1.html

Yes. Looks like I will be able to enjoy Devil May Cry again.

Wonder if Capcom will do some Livesque bonuses.
OH-EM-GEE! zomfg

Superboy's mine, Stalker. angryfist

G U I T A R
DMC4 is coming out on 360 so why buy a dumb ps3.

((The_Anomaly))
Stop bashing the PS3 man. Its pointless.

G U I T A R
Its pointless not to. People talk so good about ps3 yet itsa just an imitation on ps2 just beter graphics.

JToTheP
The Ps3 is so buried it isn't even funny. It isn't about being a fanboy for Microsoft or Nintendo anymore, everybody knows 360 and Wii are the better consoles, and from what it looks like Nintendo is going to conquer this generation because of how fast and well the Wii is selling. What is it up to now? 4.6 Million?

((The_Anomaly))
I read somewhere that its over 5 million now. I dont remember where though. It might have been IGN.

I wouldn't say that the 360 is better then the PS3. The PS3 is a superior machine. The online isnt as good as 360, but then it never should be as PS online is free where 360 isnt. Naturally your going to get better online play if you pay for it then if its free. The 360 has a better library of games, but its been out a year longer. Plus, the PS3 hasn't come out in Europe yet, and apparently the PS3 has the highest reserve rate of any console ever in Europe, well over a million units so we'll see the PS3 numbers shoot up a bit when the PS3 is launched in Europe this month. Dont count Sony out yet, its only the first round, and no one has scored a knock out yet. Wait a few years then see where we are at before you start saying the PS3 has no chance.

Emperor Ashtar
This doesn't look better than DMC 3, IMO.

Superboy Prime
The PS3 has no chance...

of making me buy one.

It can sell all the units it wants in Europe, and that is still not going to change the way I look at the console.

Unoriginal. Unispiring. Dated controller. Big & Bulky. Expensive. Not a necessecity.

Emperor Ashtar
Man, I remeber when games were the most important think in the industry. Now, it's consoles with the "Latest Feature" that are big. Man, I tell ya, Tech Jockies, Graphic Whores and Console Fanboys are the main reason why I'm not into Video Games anymore.

I'm the kinda guy who's content with watching a Strider Speed Run on the NES, Last of a Dead breed I guess.

G U I T A R
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I read somewhere that its over 5 million now. I dont remember where though. It might have been IGN.

I wouldn't say that the 360 is better then the PS3. The PS3 is a superior machine. The online isnt as good as 360, but then it never should be as PS online is free where 360 isnt. Naturally your going to get better online play if you pay for it then if its free. The 360 has a better library of games, but its been out a year longer. Plus, the PS3 hasn't come out in Europe yet, and apparently the PS3 has the highest reserve rate of any console ever in Europe, well over a million units so we'll see the PS3 numbers shoot up a bit when the PS3 is launched in Europe this month. Dont count Sony out yet, its only the first round, and no one has scored a knock out yet. Wait a few years then see where we are at before you start saying the PS3 has no chance.

I beg to differ, PS3 is just not effecting anyone like ps2 did. And 360 is 10x better than PS3 in all levels.

JToTheP
You can't scale how much better the 360 and Wii are than the Ps3 Guitar. The two consoles simply offer more, and isn't one of the 360's newest features to have television shows, and movies up for download? I know I saw that South Park was going up a few weeks ago, that's a pretty strong feature, not to mention most of the original xbox's features, like music burning.

That's just comparing what the two consoles offer, not to mention the selection of exclusive games pummels the Ps3's FIVE heavy hitters which will most likely be ported at this rate: Final Fantasy 13 (and versus technically), Metal Gear Solid 4, God Of War 3, and Ratchet & Clank. And I sure as hell am not buying a shitty console for MGS4. I didn't buy a stupid PSP for Portable Ops, I got a plot analysis read, so there's basically no reason for me to ever consider a Ps3.

G U I T A R
Originally posted by JToTheP
You can't scale how much better the 360 and Wii are than the Ps3 Guitar. The two consoles simply offer more, and isn't one of the 360's newest features to have television shows, and movies up for download? I know I saw that South Park was going up a few weeks ago, that's a pretty strong feature, not to mention most of the original xbox's features, like music burning.

That's just comparing what the two consoles offer, not to mention the selection of exclusive games pummels the Ps3's FIVE heavy hitters which will most likely be ported at this rate: Final Fantasy 13 (and versus technically), Metal Gear Solid 4, God Of War 3, and Ratchet & Clank. And I sure as hell am not buying a shitty console for MGS4. I didn't buy a stupid PSP for Portable Ops, I got a plot analysis read, so there's basically no reason for me to ever consider a Ps3.

I cant scale?....I can, and I will.

grey fox
Originally posted by G U I T A R
I beg to differ, PS3 is just not effecting anyone like ps2 did. And 360 is 10x better than PS3 in all levels.

Yes because a system that f*cks up so often that people have had to re-buy it 3-5 times is obviously better then one that doesn't roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jump off your fanboy box and then MAYBE we'll take you seriously.

Alpha Centauri
PS3 being a "better machine" doesn't make it a better console does it? This is where everybody is getting confused.

"BUT THE TECH SPECS!". so what? If you do shit all with them, what's the point? There are Sega Master System (Genesis) games that I'd enjoy playing more than Devil May Cry 4. If the PS3 is the most powerful console ever, but has no games you enjoy, are you doing to sit in your room enjoying how powerful it is? I'd hope not. That's not being a "gamer".

Getting excited for the fourth installment of a series that has all the variation of a Linkin Park album isn't anything to be proud of. A game that is essentially 3D Castlevania, which was also already done by Nintendo.

-AC

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by grey fox
Yes because a system that f*cks up so often that people have had to re-buy it 3-5 times is obviously better then one that doesn't roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jump off your fanboy box and then MAYBE we'll take you seriously.

lol.

Microsoft 1 year warranty >>> faulty 360s.

Owners of 2005 360s get warranty for life.

Now what?

Oh yeah...for being such a vastly superior technological marvel the PS3 still couldn't show prettier games than the 360.

Now take into consideration how the original X-box made the PS2 games look like crap when it came out...

Something's fishy. Could it be that it is not as POWERFUL OMG as we were lead to believe? Sony is the king of hype...and unfortunately for them gamers are beginning to see that.

Alpha Centauri
Why are you so hung up on things being pretty and making other games look crap?

When did it honestly stop becoming about how good the games are, and when did the criteria for a game being good become about graphics more than gameplay?

As technology advances, graphics advance. Graphics can add atmosphere, but you see, it's a vicious circle. The more "gamers" become obsessed with stats and graphics, and the more stats and graphics become factors in the consumer's decision to buy a console, the more these corporations will focus on selling that to you, rather than "We've got great games.".

For the record, I got an Xbox on release day, I bought four games for it...ever. It was the single worst purchase I've ever made, it was such a piece of shit. Graphics couldn't save it.

-AC

InnerRise
Yeah, I stayed away from the Original Xbox.

Horrible Library.

Anyway yeah....I remember when Devil May Cry first came out for the Playstation 2 and I actually wanted to play it.

At the time it was either that or Final Fantasy X, I chose Final Fantasy X. I feel comfortable in my choice back then but I still would have liked to have gotten into the Devil May Cry Series.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Superboy Prime
I do not take graphics over gameplay.

Why do I keep mentioning graphics? Because it does prove a machine's power.

I brought the Xbox to PS3 comparison to note how the Xbox succesfully showed it's hardware superiority from day 1. Something the PS3 even now hasn't been able to do.

I honestly don't care if you bought an X-box and if you liked it or not. It's irrelevant to the point I am trying to make.

InnerRise
The Xbox 360 did not show "it's hardware superiority" from day one actually.

It takes time for developers to learn a new console and to develop top notch games. The Xbox 360 is just moving to that next level and really showing us what it can do.

And the Playstation 3 may not better in the graphics department than Xbox 360, it's basically showing graphics that look exactly like the Xbox360 in some cases, but that's when comparing it with the Xbox 360.

When the Xbox360 first came out, there was nothing to compare it to, so that's really not at all fair.

Besides, that new racing game on the Playstation Three looks pretty good.

Superboy Prime
Actually what the 360 didn't show was breathtaking next-gen stuff, but it did show hardware superiority.

Unless you're one of those fools who stupidly claimed DOA4 looked the same as DOAUltimate.

InnerRise
Actually what the 360 didn't show was breathtaking next-gen stuff, but it did show hardware superiority.

Unless you're one of those fools who stupidly claimed DOA4 looked the same as DOAUltimate. I couldn't be one of those "fools" sir b/c I've never played either one of those games and could care less how each one looked.

Let's cool it with the potential name calling shall we.

Alpha Centauri
Why do I keep mentioning graphics? Because it does prove a machine's power.

And proving a machine's power proves what, in relation to how enjoyable the games are? In case you forgot, enjoyability is the reason games exist.

My point was irrelevant to yours? Yours is irrelevant to gaming.

-AC

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by InnerRise
I couldn't be one of those "fools" sir b/c I've never played either one of those games and could care less how each one looked.

Let's cool it with the potential name calling shall we.

Name calling? I called them fools, and since you have stated you haven't played either game that doesn't make you a stupid fool. Meaning I never insulted you, or anything.

Now on to topic people claimed DOA4 looked the same as DOA2Ultimate for the X-box until they saw the game for themselves and realized what they were saying was shit.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
And proving a machine's power proves what, in relation to how enjoyable the games are? In case you forgot, enjoyability is the reason games exist.

My point was irrelevant to yours? Yours is irrelevant to gaming.

-AC

Weren't we talking about the PS3's superior hardware? That is the reason I mentioned graphics.

Graphics being irrelevant to gaming doesn't make sense at all. Please don't try too hard to look like the superior gamer. Hmm wait go ahead, I don't care.

Lana
Hey, exactly what does this whole discussion have to do with DMC4?

Absolutely nothing. So drop it and get back on topic.

Alpha Centauri
So, you seen the new move they've added? It'll surely make for a riveting experience.

-AC

Maestro
For me replacing Dante as the main character takes away from the experience, as he is pretty much the brand. Also if your going to replace him, replace him with someone who looks a bit different at least.

Superboy Prime
They are pulling off a MGS2 Sons of Liberty, but at least we were told before hand.

Emperor Ashtar
PS3 being a "better machine" doesn't make it a better console does it? This is where everybody is getting confused.

"BUT THE TECH SPECS!". so what? If you do shit all with them, what's the point? There are Sega Master System (Genesis) games that I'd enjoy playing more than Devil May Cry 4. If the PS3 is the most powerful console ever, but has no games you enjoy, are you doing to sit in your room enjoying how powerful it is? I'd hope not. That's not being a "gamer".

Getting excited for the fourth installment of a series that has all the variation of a Linkin Park album isn't anything to be proud of. A game that is essentially 3D Castlevania, which was also already done by Nintendo.

-AC

This is the smartest post so far.

Originally posted by Maestro
For me replacing Dante as the main character takes away from the experience, as he is pretty much the brand. Also if your going to replace him, replace him with someone who looks a bit different at least.

Capcom can really be dumb sometimes

WrathfulDwarf
What is the world coming to?...

grey fox
Dante was replaced because he was over exposed. He's already starred in five games, give the guy a break ! He'll more then likely be playable in 4 anyway at soem point or another.

Also I LIKE Nero , he's new enough that the producers can get away with the Devil Bringer (his arm) and not f*ck up Dantes abilities royally. Plus it'll be nice to play on the (reasonably) human side of the hunter equation. I felt kinda disappointed in DMC 3 : SE having heard that their may have been a Lady mode as well as a Vergil one. So playing a (mostly) human should be a reasonably new experience , at least in this series of games.

BackFire
When did it honestly stop becoming about how good the games are, and when did the criteria for a game being good become about graphics more than gameplay?

-AC

Around the time the Super Nintendo and the Genesis waged war, is when it started. Both systems advertised their graphically superior products.

But really, you can blame more over Xbox, that whole system was a celebration of power of substance.

Maestro
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
What is the world coming to?...

Haha, and there's people signing this shit, what a joke.

Pulse2
Hate shooters -_- I played DMC2, it was okay, but nothing I haven't "endured" before, more showing of, more aiming and fire, doesnt matter what you do with shooters, they'll always be the same. I'm not too bothered about the recent news to be honest, happy for 360 fans, hope they enjoy it, cos I know I wouldn't no matter what console it appeared on.

Maestro
Originally posted by Pulse2
Hate shooters -_- I played DMC2, it was okay, but nothing I haven't "endured" before, more showing of, more aiming and fire, doesnt matter what you do with shooters, they'll always be the same. I'm not too bothered about the recent news to be honest, happy for 360 fans, hope they enjoy it, cos I know I wouldn't no matter what console it appeared on.

DMC2 is the worst of the series, you got a bit unlucky there, DMC1 and 3 might change your mind.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Pulse2

Its die-hard fans will want me hung for this, but they lack the ability to perceive correctly, so it's ok;

That is exactly what it is. Run around in rendered environments, with default unlimited ammo, whilst making a man do fancy tricks by pressing buttons fast. It makes people who are shit at games feel like they're good at games.

-AC

Validus
Its die-hard fans will want me hung for this, but they lack the ability to perceive correctly, so it's ok;

That is exactly what it is. Run around in rendered environments, with default unlimited ammo, whilst making a man do fancy tricks by pressing buttons fast. It makes people who are shit at games feel like they're good at games.

-AC
People who are shit at games usually quit playing DMC because it's too hard for them.

Lana
Originally posted by Validus
People who are shit at games usually quit playing DMC because it's too hard for them.

I find that strange, as I've played through the first DMC game and it's one of the easiest games I've ever played. I know people who normally suck at games who found it easy.

grey fox
True , I know alot of people said DMC3 was apparently 'Insanely Difficult' yet I trounced both easy , normal and hard relatively quickly.

Victor Von Doom

BS.

It's possib....no, wait. Just BS.

Validus
True , I know alot of people said DMC3 was apparently 'Insanely Difficult' yet I trounced both easy , normal and hard relatively quickly.
The main knock on DMC3 on most gaming websites was its difficulty. The special edition re-release actually toned down the difficulty greatly.

Originally posted by Lana
I find that strange, as I've played through the first DMC game and it's one of the easiest games I've ever played. I know people who normally suck at games who found it easy.
A lot of my friends who play video games a lot never made it past the Cerberus boss.

Big Sexy
The main knock on DMC3 on most gaming websites was its difficulty. The special edition re-release actually toned down the difficulty greatly.

A lot of my friends who play video games a lot never made it past the Cerberus boss. In hard mode in the original version, I had problems with Agni and Ruda. Your right in that the special addition was extremely toned down. After beating it in the original game, the special addition was a breeze.

grey fox
Cerberus is relatively easy.

Agni and Rudra are difficult because it's basically double teaming you , but if your smart enough to notice the elemental weakness you can trounce them easy.

Nevan is who most people stop at from what I understand.

She's insanely easy with Vergil though.

Cloud_VII
I've noticed some time ago of the hate towards PS3. First it was the 360 beating the PS3 because it had better graphics. Then it was the wii beating the PS3 because it made better sales. Wtf? People who say that obviously contradict themselves. Saying the 360 is better than the PS3 because of better graphics (which I'm not entirely sure of yet) basing it just on that and then saying the wii is better than PS3 because it made better sales is bull. By that logic PS3's graphics >>> Wii's. If you want to talk sales, 360 >>>> Wii. But people go by specific things in certain situations to fit their biased standards.

Lana
That has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and I already told everyone to stop with the off-topic chatter.

Cloud_VII
Well it started when one person said "DMC4 is coming to the 360 so why buy a dumb PS3?" Then the PS3 flaming started.

The PS3/360 discussion has something to do with the topic because DMC4 is coming out on both.

Lana
Number one, no, it really doesn't, and number two, that conversation was ended already because I said for the arguing about it to drop.

Cloud_VII
If someone talks about DMC4 possibly having better graphics on the 360 than on the PS3, it's still being on topic, because it talks about DMC4 and it happens to include PS3 and 360 into the discussion.

Lana
And if something said something like that, then it's on-topic. However, arguing over which console is better is NOT on topic and is what I said I wanted to not see anymore of in this thread.

Maestro
I found nightmare on DMC1 IMO the hardest boss I've ever fought, seriously when he's in his vulnerable state he's still attacking you. DMC3 original version wasn't that hard to be honest, quite a breeze.

chithappens
I don't any system is "better." It's more about what each company offers me, as a consumer.

Sony is hurting the PS3 right now by not offering something different in terms of gaming. At this point, the 360 is more versatile in terms of games out and in devolpment, and Sony has lost a few exclusives making people freak out. I see PS3 Home as a gimmick and wouldn't use it much if I had a PS3.

I still like MGS4, FFXIII, and free online. Other than that, I see nothing that I like personally that says I should pay at least $100 more for a console.

Lana
Originally posted by chithappens
I don't any system is "better." It's more about what each company offers me, as a consumer.

Sony is hurting the PS3 right now by not offering something different in terms of gaming. At this point, the 360 is more versatile in terms of games out and in devolpment, and Sony has lost a few exclusives making people freak out. I see PS3 Home as a gimmick and wouldn't use it much if I had a PS3.

I still like MGS4, FFXIII, and free online. Other than that, I see nothing that I like personally that says I should pay at least $100 more for a console.

That has absolutely nothing to do with DMC4. Stuff like that goes in the Next-Gen thread that's stickied at the top of the forum.

jugment-hand
*i think i may have been the one to say dmc was on 360*

grey fox
Some Interesting New Stuff....

1. New 'Fight song' , much like 'Taste the blood' (from DMC3) Both Dante AND Nero have their own particular battle song, Dantes is a re-mix of his 'Lock and Load' theme from DMC1 and Neros is a current Unknown (though some lyrics are noticeable from various 'Trial Trailers')
Heres what I can make out....

"The time has come and so have I.... (some thing unintelligible) ... prepare to die... (Something Unintelligible)... the deadly skies subside and I can see the fear clear when I look in your eye "

cool

2. Maps , apparently the stages are so big you'll need a map to get through them.

3. Several new members of the Order Of The Sword have been released (More on Wikipedia nd the Official DMC4 Page).

4. With the Devil Bringer, not only can you pull enemies towards you , but you can pick them up , slam them , swing them around and various other motions. You can also use it to drag you along as a extended jump and to fling yourself off the ground for longer air-time.

5. The snowy mountain region shown in the opening post is an actual level (playable by Both Dante and Nero)

6. Dante can now switch between his Main styles with a click of the button.

7. Dantes playability has an actual canonical effect on the storyline (Unlike DMC3SE's Vergil mode...)

IceJaw
This trailer.. wow, just wow.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25417.html

I must have this game.

grey fox

shin_gear
This game will rock.

grey fox
The 1st TGS Trailer.

eW2GVIH9hXw

The 2nd (more Gameplay orientated ) TGS trailer

rcP_ek26bcA

The longest (third) TGS trailer, it does contain parts of the second but SERIOUSLY expans upon it.

h798D1Nrgvo

Big Sexy
The 1st TGS Trailer.

eW2GVIH9hXw

The 2nd (more Gameplay orientated ) TGS trailer

rcP_ek26bcA

The longest (third) TGS trailer, it does contain parts of the second but SERIOUSLY expans upon it.

h798D1Nrgvo Nice Devil May cry is one of the only series that I will play through a few times to unlock the bonus features. Are you sure Vergil is not in this game. The Evil Dante has his personality.

grey fox
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Nice Devil May cry is one of the only series that I will play through a few times to unlock the bonus features. Are you sure Vergil is not in this game. The Evil Dante has his personality.

No Vergil has been confirmed to not be in it.

shin_gear
Awesome vids grey.

grey fox
Originally posted by shin_gear
Awesome vids grey.

Thanks shin, check the Japanese dmc4 site for the same, but MUCH clearer and with sharper graphics ( + better sound )

shin_gear
Cool. I've seen the site about a year ago I think. A fan of DMC linked me to it. Doesn't it show Nero and Dante on the front with church music playing?

grey fox
Originally posted by shin_gear
Cool. I've seen the site about a year ago I think. A fan of DMC linked me to it. Doesn't it show Nero and Dante on the front with church music playing?

They have SERIOUSLY up-dated it.

grey fox
I've deciphered most of the dialogue from the third trailer. All of this comes directly after the Speech about the OotS worshipping Sparda

Credo - Your holiness ! (Upon witnessing Dante's assassination of the OotS's Leader/Pope

Nero - You got a jacked up notion of fair play pal, and it's beginning to piss me off ! (To Dante)

Credo - We must evacuate the residents back to headquarters ! Report back as soon as you can . Be careful ! (To Nero as he fights off a group of demons)

Nero - I got it already get out of here ! (Replying to the above)

Dante - A little fight now and then does make life interesting...Dont ya think ? (Random statement)

Nero - Go, get out of here ! (To Kyrie and little child)

Kyrie - Nero (Reply to the above)

Angus - That arrogant kid possesses demonic power ! (To other members of OotS)

Kyrie - Why ? Why did you do this ? (Upon witnessing Nero's Demonic Arm)

Nero - Wait...this isn't what you think ! (Reply to the above)

Nero - *Angrily* Go to headquarters ! (While shaking Credo)

Nero - She has nothing to do with this, LET HER GO ! (To Angus , whom has Kyrie in his grasp with a Sword to her throat)

Angus - This is all Credo's doing... (Reply to the above)

Nero - LET HER GO , KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (Upon beating off other members of OotS and jumping For Kyrie)

Rascaduanok

shin_gear
LOL yes...yes it is.

Also love how Nero just caught those bullets in mid-air right into his gun.

grey fox

IceJaw
I like how you completely ignored my post on the 23rd, grey fox.

grey fox
Originally posted by IceJaw
I like how you completely ignored my post on the 23rd, grey fox.

You had a single link to a single trailer. I've gotten as many trailers as possible for the benefit of those whom are too lazy and/or have PC problems. Dont be bitter, jeez.

IceJaw

shin_gear
He wanted to elaborate on the video.

Also I find it extremely funny how a few people consider Devil May Cry as a game that only looks good and isn't fun because it doesn't show off anything "new" laughing out loud. The fact that the animations looks very beautiful and detailed and how the game plays makes the game and the gameplay interesting. Just by watching the gametrailer video I'm excited to play this game.

shin_gear
This game looks TOO interesting. I just thought of killing myself if I don't get this game. XD

shin_gear
I just can't stop watching the most recent trailers of this game...every...single...day! woot

shin_gear
t00w

WrathfulDwarf
Demo coming soon!

DMC 4 Demo for Xbox Live

Wandering Flame
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.xbox360fanboy.com/media/2008/01/dmc4-demo-soon.jpg

crylaugh

So just wondering...are demos on Xbox Live free? I'm guessing they're not. If they're not, how much do they cost usually? I have this game pre-ordered anyway.

InnerRise
Umm......they're free.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Wandering Flame
-Edited-

InnerRise
baha

Wandering Flame
I take it you've read what I had typed before, went to the link and then read the edit..

lol

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Yet another piece of innovation.

-AC

Wandering Flame
Hahaha...as if someone other than you cares. haermm

Alpha Centauri
I'm well aware the majority are excited for another game with an added combo, or wall run, trust me.

-AC

Wandering Flame
People who will buy this game, rather, are excited by how the game looks and how fun the gameplay seems to be. Also, like Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts 2 for example, it appears to have quite an appealing story.

In simpler terms, the game's beautifully rendered environments, gameplay, and story are what will make this game sell to people.

In even simpler terms no...this will not be a remake of DMC3. laughing

Alpha Centauri
Let's see:

Fans excited about how it looks, appealing graphics...sounds like people are excited for all the same reasons. Massive environments mean nothing when all you can do is walk down a linear path.

If you dig the series, cool, but don't pretend it's something that it isn't. It'll be DMC/DMC 2/DMC 3 again, with new levels and moves.

-AC

Wandering Flame
Tell me how you figured the game was linear. I'd like to have the knowledge you have.

No one's pretending DMC4 will be something it isn't, at least not anyone in this thread. I also said the gameplay looks fun. It's not just how the game (cutscenes and environments) look, and there are people who won't get bored from playing a game they played 5 years ago, that plays similarly to one they'll buy this year, with obvious improvements in gameplay, an appealing story, bigger and more maps, and more overall content.

We'll see if your opinion that it'll be DMC2/3 with better graphics and new levels will be shared by anyone else.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Tell me how you figured the game was linear. I'd like to have the knowledge you have.

No one's pretending DMC4 will be something it isn't, at least not anyone in this thread. I also said the gameplay looks fun. It's not just how the game (cutscenes and environments) look, and there are people who won't get bored from playing a game they played 5 years ago, that plays similarly to one they'll buy this year, with obvious improvements in gameplay, an appealing story, bigger and more maps, and more overall content.

We'll see if your opinion that it'll be DMC2/3 with better graphics and new levels will be shared by anyone else.

I have since realised that you are shin_gear, and will take everything you say with a huge dose of pity, but continuing with the debate;

It's linear because you cannot explore the environmens, you go where you have to go, like Resident Evil remakes. When you're outside, everything is gorgeous, but ultimately you can only walk down the stairs and through the door.

That's my point. There are people who won't get bored, and will accept four installments of the same game instead of demaning more from the companies. If it works for you, great, but I think it's idiotic.

It doesn't matter if my "opinion" is shared or not, because the people blinding themselves to the fact this game series adheres to a formula tighter than a nun's vagina, are in denial.

-AC

Wandering Flame
There could be ways that it won't be linear. A lot of games tend to have mountains in the background that you can't explore, especially games that have very detailed environments, which, a lot of people would rather have than exploring some pixelated hills.

Congrats on making a post that fails to prove why it will be the same as the other DMCs.

You can take my posts however way you like. Your's make me feel like I'm wasting my time with something no better than a troll.

Alpha Centauri
There could be ways that it won't be linear. A lot of games tend to have mountains in the background that you can't explore, especially games that have very detailed environments, which, a lot of people would rather have than exploring some pixelated hills.

Yes, so we can agree that these lush, outdoor "environments" are pretty much only for the graphics-philes, because they might as well be a hallway, you can do nothing in them.

Congrats on making a post that fails to prove why it will be the same as the other DMCs.

The fact that two was like one, three was like two? I've played them all, and they're all essentially the same game with different levels, enemies and an added move or feature. Like God of War or something.

It's not like Resident Evil traditional style Vs Resident Evil 4 or 5. It's actually the same all the way.

You can take my posts however way you like. Your's make me feel like I'm wasting my time with something no better than a troll.

Yeah, that'd be why you came back to debate me in the Halo 3 thread months later. If I'm such a troll, go back to asking people for naked pictures of Chun Li, since that's what you tend to do on this forum besides make an ass of yourself.

-AC

Wandering Flame
It's funny how you're claiming this installment will be like the others, when:

1. You don't have clue as you haven't played it.

2. What has already been seen of the game proves already that not only will the game not be the same, but people will buy it for the difference this has separating it from the other games. Call it a single move or what you like, not that anyone honestly cares.

that's what you tend to do on this forum besides make an ass of yourself.Oh the irony.

And addressing bs is what I was rather doing, not debating with a brick wall like yourself.

Alpha Centauri
It's funny how you're claiming this installment will be like the others, when:

1. You don't have clue as you haven't played it.

Have you played it, yes or no?

What has already been seen of the game proves already that not only will the game not be the same, but people will buy it for the difference this has separating it from the other games. Call it a single move or what you like, not that anyone honestly cares.

What difference? You tell me the differences.

Graphics do not count, I'm talking differences in gameplay. Oh, you wouldn't know, you're judging off hype and cutscenes, I'm judging the FACT that all three previous installments were essentially the same.

I love the way you skipped the whole part about comparing the gaming developments from say, Resident Evil's traditional style to 4 and probably 5, and Devil May Cry from one to three. Simply cos you know I'm right.

Tip of the day: Don't enter debates you can't finish.

Oh the irony.

And addressing bs is what I was rather doing, not debating with a brick wall like yourself.

Then stop. You're not winning anything, you're on the back foot all the time.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I'll throw this out there:

"Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi indicated that he is focusing his optimizations on gameplay so that controlling characters is less difficult, and accessible to all players.".

MORE accessible? Jesus, my little nephew will be able to play this game if it gets any less difficult.

"He further stated that Devil May Cry 4 will feature more weapons, maneuvers, enemies, locations, music, and cutscenes than all the previous releases combined. DMC4 will also continue the series' tradition of huge bosses, as an early demo video featured a battle between Nero and a gigantic fire demon called Berial, and the trailer released Dec. 17 featured an even more immense foe.".

So basically the same "improvements" that they always add. New guns, new moves, new setting.

Tired of being right, really.

-AC

Wandering Flame
Have you played it, yes or no?

What difference? You tell me the differences.

Graphics do not count, I'm talking differences in gameplay. Oh, you wouldn't know, you're judging off hype and cutscenes, I'm judging the FACT that all three previous installments were essentially the same.

I love the way you skipped the whole part about comparing the gaming developments from say, Resident Evil's traditional style to 4 and probably 5, and Devil May Cry from one to three. Simply cos you know I'm right.

Tip of the day: Don't enter debates you can't finish.

Then stop. You're not winning anything, you're on the back foot all the time.

-AC I'm talking about differences overall and yes, there are differences in gameplay, especially having to do with Nero's arm. I don't expect you to know any of this, of course.

I also didn't skip anything. I read and reply to things that even deserve a reply.

Not winning anything and you being right all the time, what? Despite how your ass has been proven wrong a considerable number of times about Halo 3's graphics? Try not to be delusional.

Alpha Centauri
I'm talking about differences overall and yes, there are differences in gameplay, especially having to do with Nero's arm. I don't expect you to know any of this, of course.

I also didn't skip anything. I read and reply to things that even deserve a reply.

Not winning anything and you being right all the time, what? Despite how your ass has been proven wrong a considerable number of times about Halo 3's graphics? Try not to be delusional.

I've done my research, which is why you're dodging the question cos you're sore about getting whooped:

Have you played Devil May Cry 4, Shin? Yes...or no?

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I'll ask again, since you've forgotten;

Have you ever played DMC 4, Shin? Apparantly it's not even out yet, so no you haven't. Meaning, we're both judging what it'll be like based on previous games. So you cannot call my predictions based on nothing, and yours to be great, we're basing them on the same games, and you're being subjected to hype.

-AC

Wandering Flame
The moves Nero performs with his demonic arm in the gameplay part of the trailer proves the difference in gameplay between the games, regardless of whether or not you want to consider the differences.

I don't expect you to admit anything good about a game you obviously don't like.

Asking me have a I played the game helps you...not a bit.

Alpha Centauri
The moves Nero performs with his demonic arm in the gameplay part of the trailer proves the difference in gameplay between the games, regardless of whether or not you want to consider the differences.

I don't expect you to admit anything good about a game you obviously don't like.

Asking me have a I played the game helps you...not a bit.

HAVE you played Devil May Cry 4, Shin?

Yes...or no? Simple question. Avoiding it makes you look worse.

-AC

Joe K
Lol, ac gets in alot of arguments haha.

Wandering Flame
HAVE you played Devil May Cry 4, Shin?

Yes...or no? Simple question. Avoiding it makes you look worse.

-AC No, but asking it doesn't help you in any way. I'm not the one claiming it's a linear game despite having never played it, for example, you.

Originally posted by Joe K
Lol, ac gets in alot of arguments haha. Wonder who doesn't pity him.

Alpha Centauri
No, but asking it doesn't help you in any way. I'm not the one claiming it's a linear game despite having never played it, for example, you.

No, you have NOT played Devil May Cry 4. You have played the other three, yes? So have I. That means we are both judging the game based on the exact same amount of references.

The only difference is that you are excited by hype and graphics. You fail to realise I am not dissing the game, I am simply stating facts. It is one of the most linear and simple structured, straightforward franchises out right now. The fact that it has spanned two generation consoles and they still haven't managed to add hardly ANYTHING new, and people still buy into it, is ridiculous to me.

If you buy into it and enjoy it, fine, I'm just stating facts.

It will be no different to the previous three, you will not be able to go everywhere, there'll be no freedom, it's how the game is structured. It's a linear game, lots of games are.

You are the one hyping it up, saying it won't be the same despite having never played it, which...given what we have to go by, is a dumb notion.

-AC

Blax_Hydralisk
I really hate it when retarded arguments spread to other threads.. -_-

Alpha Centauri
I tried to take it to PMs, but he says I "make him" reply.

So, he's clearly not about being sensible.

-AC

Estacado
The demo is available on the market place.

Alpha Centauri
Played it.

Literally nothing different to the first ever DMC. A few new moves, impressive graphics, that's it.

-AC

Estacado
I like the idea that now you can throw around enemies even bosses.

Wandering Flame
Well as the last post points out, this game won't be the same.

No, you have NOT played Devil May Cry 4. You have played the other three, yes? So have I.Never played any, actually.

So, you're judging how it'll be basing it on the 3 previous installments.

You might as well have based your opinion of how Budokai 3 would play on the 2 (very similar) previous installments before the release of the third. You would be pretty wrong and foolish as of course, Budokai 3 plays much differently than 1 and 2.

Is this one of your uber debating tactics? Since it fails as how you do everywhere. barker

That means we are both judging the game based on the exact same amount of references.No, I'm not playing retard here my friend, you are.

The only difference is that you are excited by hype and graphics.More than that, as I've already said. Have you been listening?

You fail to realise I am not dissing the game,You're laughing at how it won't be innovative (which of course you'll moan about and say it's a fact and not your opinion) isn't some degree of disrespect?

You are the one hyping it up, saying it won't be the same despite having never played it, which...given what we have to go by, is a dumb notion.As dumb as this one:
It will be no different to the previous three.Coming from a guy who only played a demo of it.

Again, the irony.

And there are confirmed facts about DMC4 proving that players will be doing things they've never done in any previous DMC installment. Pay close attention to the trailers and maybe you'll learn something.

Alpha Centauri
Well as the last post points out, this game won't be the same.

Hahaha, it's got a new move, so that means it's not the same? I've played all of the games so far, and they are all more or less identical systems with arguably the least innovation of any next gen series.

Never played any, actually.

You've never played a Devil May Cry? Then why are you even talking?

So, you're judging how it'll be basing it on the 3 previous installments.

I was, now I'm judging the demo. Precisely the same.

It has a few new combos, new settings. The style and system is exactly the same as it always has been. Hack, slash, linear boring gameplay.

You might as well have based your opinion of how Budokai 3 would play on the 2 (very similar) previous installments before the release of the third. You would be pretty wrong and foolish as of course, Budokai 3 plays much differently than 1 and 2.

We're talking about Devil May Cry, a game that anybody can see is just rehashed time and time again, a game series you defend based on the HYPE of the new trailer, but haven't played...at all.

Is this one of your uber debating tactics? Since it fails as how you do everywhere.

What do you know, the baby is sad. Shocker there.

No, I'm not playing retard here my friend, you are.

You've never actually played Devil May Cry, so that renders your argument dead.

More than that, as I've already said. Have you been listening?

It's irrelevant what you are excited by, I've played all four games, and they are all identical systems. Hardly ANY progression save for graphics. They have not advanced the gameplay.

You're laughing at how it won't be innovative (which of course you'll moan about and say it's a fact and not your opinion) isn't some degree of disrespect?

If you are feeling disrespected because I've pointed out facts that the four games have almost identical controls and systems (You'd know this if you'd played them, a new move does not make a new system), then you are sad, and I am not responsible for the stupidness of being offended because someone has presented facts you dislike.

Childish.

Coming from a guy who only played a demo of it.

Again, the irony.

BECAUSE, you idiot, they are not going to change the gaming system by the time it comes out. It will still play the same. The things that are the same, have been the same since the first DMC, and won't be changed from the demo. If you had PLAYED THE GAMES, which you have not, you would KNOW this.

And there are confirmed facts about DMC4 proving that players will be doing things they've never done in any previous DMC installment. Pay close attention to the trailers and maybe you'll learn something.

Yeah, like a new move, that is it.

You haven't played any of them, your opinion is irrelevant.

-AC

Wandering Flame
Hahaha, it's got a new move, so that means it's not the same? I've played all of the games so far, and they are all more or less identical systems with arguably the least innovation of any next gen series.Were I to mention every way that 4 is different than 3, 2, or 1, you would not give it credit anyway, simply due to the fact that you're biased and reluctant to admit anything you think is against you.

Fact of the matter is that it's different, and for a person who claims to only argue facts, you seem to enjoy arguing against ones that don't make you cheery, that or you contradict yourself saying at one point, "it's just got one new move", and saying earlier, "it's literally no different". Maybe you should consider pre-reading your posts before making them.

You've never played a Devil May Cry? Then why are you even talking?Because I have the real reason here to talk, you don't. You have nothing more than vomit from a cow's ass.

I was, now I'm judging the demo. Precisely the same.It would be as foolish judging Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox based on the demo.

You do things late in Ninja Gaiden you could never do in the demo.

We're talking about Devil May Cry, a game that anybody can see is just rehashed time and time again, a game series you defend based on the HYPE of the new trailer, but haven't played...at all.Way to completely ignore how I proved your tactic was that of a retard in special education.

And props for lying and saying I'm hyped simply because of a trailer. I'd be as foolish claiming you were psyched about Bioshock at the site of the trailer alone.

What do you know, the baby is sad. Shocker there.Yeah, failing does suck quite a load of ass, doesn't it?

You've never actually played Devil May Cry, so that renders your argument dead.
- Your method was proven to be silly, and foolish.

- The trailers alone proved my argument long ago. You're dismayed about it, as how you are with anyone else who whacks you here.

I've played all four games, and they are all identical systems. Hardly ANY progression save for graphics. They have not advanced the gameplay.And of course, your definition of advanced gameplay would be none other than your opinion, as it doesn't make too much sense nevertheless.

If you are feeling disrespected because I've pointed out facts that the four games have almost identical controls and systems (You'd know this if you'd played them, a new move does not make a new system), then you are sad, and I am not responsible for the stupidness of being offended because someone has presented facts you dislike.

Childish.Above point renders this a waste of topic space, and drop the unwanted ego.

Next.

BECAUSE, you idiot, they are not going to change the gaming system by the time it comes out. It will still play the same. The things that are the same, have been the same since the first DMC, and won't be changed from the demo. If you had PLAYED THE GAMES, which you have not, you would KNOW this.Nero's Devil Bringer alone makes the gameplay different that what it was.

Though I'm sure you're going to come up with an excuse as to how it doesn't change the gameplay. As if anyone besides you will care.

Getting restricted is also something I'm sure you wouldn't like. Decide "not" to include insults in your posts, and your posts won't get reported.

Though saying things like, "you made a foolish attempt", seems to be fine.

Yeah, like a new move, that is it.Nero's arm alone equals at least 4 new moves (that are either normal or supercharged), buddy.

You haven't played any of them, your opinion is irrelevant.As if that method of comparing wasn't stupid in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
Were I to mention every way that 4 is different than 3, 2, or 1, you would not give it credit anyway, simply due to the fact that you're biased and reluctant to admit anything you think is against you.

Because you know it doesn't make the system, playing system or gaming dynamic any different outside of "You can do a new move.".

Fact of the matter is that it's different, and for a person who claims to only argue facts, you seem to enjoy arguing against ones that don't make you cheery, that or you contradict yourself saying at one point, "it's just got one new move", and saying earlier, "it's literally no different". Maybe you should consider pre-reading your posts before making them.

It isn't any different. I have said from the start that the only thing they add are new moves that are ultimately inconsequential. The way the game plays, the system, the dynamic, none of it is different. Watch videos of all four games, it's like watching the same game in better graphics.

Because I have the real reason here to talk, you don't. You have nothing more than vomit from a cow's ass.

You haven't played any of them, I have played all of them. So...what exactly are you arguing for? Oh, because I MAKE you? Yep. Without doing anything, you have to reply because it's me. I own what you do in these threads. You said it yourself.

It would be as foolish judging Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox based on the demo.

Who's talking about Ninja Gaiden? We're talking about DMC games, games I've played and am making factual comments on the system, games you've yet to play.

You do things late in Ninja Gaiden you could never do in the demo.

Who is discussing that game? Again, you miss the point. Even if you can "do things" in the finished DMC 4 that you can't do in the demo, it won't be anything that radically alters the game style.

Look at the Resident Evil games, none of them deviated from the traditional Capcom survival horror style. Rendered areas, linear paths etc. All that changed was the story, the sprites and the areas. Resident Evil 4 was ENTIRELY different. They gave the entire gameplay system an overhaul. It wasn't a new move, it was an entirely new game control, view and playability system. Same with Resident Evil: Code Veronica, they departed from the rendered style and took everything 3D.

DMC has kept the same thing all the way through, and anyone who has played them will tell you the same.

And props for lying and saying I'm hyped simply because of a trailer. I'd be as foolish claiming you were psyched about Bioshock at the site of the trailer alone.

I didn't say the game would be awesome, it could have been shit for all I know. It peaked my interest, and that is not what I am saying you are wrong for. You are wrong because you are judging things that a trailer does not tell you, like how good a game will be. PREDICTING it? Sure. Saying it will be good, different and innovative? No.

You haven't even played the games.

Your method was proven to be silly, and foolish.

- The trailers alone proved my argument long ago. You're dismayed about it, as how you are with anyone else who whacks you here.

How did it prove your argument, silly boy? I've PLAYED DMC 4's demo, I have actually played the whole series. Besides having a new move, there is nothing that is dramatically different from any of the three games before it, it's ultimately the same thing. Run, kill, jump, do a move, fight a big boss. It's the same with newer graphics.

And of course, your definition of advanced gameplay would be none other than your opinion, as it doesn't make too much sense nevertheless.

All you're doing is saying "Your arguments suck, I watched the trailer and read stuff, I'm right.". I have played all three full versions and played DMC 4's demo. Four games in and they are clearly not changing anything that would make it "different". You have no basis or proof, you have your opinion of a trailer. I have actually played the games.

Nero's Devil Bringer alone makes the gameplay different that what it was.

It doesn't, it doesn't change the gameplay from what it has been since the original DMC came out. How do you even know? You've played none of them besides the demo. You don't even know how the comparisons are.

Though I'm sure you're going to come up with an excuse as to how it doesn't change the gameplay. As if anyone besides you will care.

You keep speaking for everyone, I'm not, because I know I'm right. My points do not require agreement, because they are fact.

Getting restricted is also something I'm sure you wouldn't like. Decide "not" to include insults in your posts, and your posts won't get reported.

You really think I would get reported before you, when in the same post you have said I am a retard, and vomit from a cow's ass? Hmm, odd child you are.

Nero's arm alone equals at least 4 new moves (that are either normal or supercharged), buddy.

Hahahaha, so what? Four new moves do not mean the gaming system and gameplay has been changed.

As if that method of comparing wasn't stupid in the first place.

You're suggesting that comparing DMC 4 to the previous games is stupid, in an argument about how they're all the same? Allow me to just provide a little factual proof here, since you've not played any.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=31TuWeCP7Uk

Devil May Cry.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J3lKzgP4ROo

Devil May Cry 4.

New graphics, new move, same shit. Hack, hack, shoot, shoot, jump, attack. Repeat.

If you can watch those videos and try telling me there is any major innovation, change or difference, you're a blind fool.

They add a move and the masses are satiated, they know they don't even have to try. After all, DMC was born because of a failed idea that wasn't good enough to fit into Resident Evil's style.

-AC

General Kaliero
Both of you will cut it out with the insults, thank you very much. Next one I see name calling or similar will receive a warning.

WrathfulDwarf
Here is footage from the game (Xbox 360 version)

OzvMG2vqbxU

I'm sold!

Alpha Centauri
It's exactly the same. Jagged movement, run, kill, run, jump. This is all good if you're happy with running, killing, running and jumping.

Nice graphics, though, I'll admit.

-AC

Estacado
Some of Dante's new weapons......

Pandora's Box: Dante's ultimate weapon of mass destruction, Pandora's Box appears as an unassuming briefcase until Dante cracks the seal and unleashes Hell. Pandora's Box has a variety of forms that it can take once opened, so Dante has a wide range of weapons all crammed into his valise. These forms range from standard modern ordinance like a chaingun or rocket launcher, to more archaic death-dealers like a giant bolt-throwing crossbow, to the futuristic and extraordinary like a titanic laser cannon or full-on missile platform. While most of these forms look fairly impressive, it is the missile platform that truly astonishes as it encases Dante in an imposing steel cocoon bristling like a porcupine with missiles for spines.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/ps3/devil-may-cry-4/preview-1175165

InnerRise
Yup, I'll most likely be getting this game. Looks fun and interesting.

BackFire
Eh, I wasn't impressed with the Demo.

InnerRise
Played the Demo a while ago and it was fun enough to play but extremely easy. I'm sure the game gets harder as you progress though.

Alpha Centauri
I just never understood why, if everything is that easy, they give you infinite ammo on everything ever.

-AC

Wandering Flame
Because you know it doesn't make the system, playing system or gaming dynamic any different outside of "You can do a new move."As I've pointed out many times, Nero's arm alone changes how the game is played, and the reason is it allows the player methods to:

Travel to spots they couldn't reach in other ways.

New strategies to overcome bosses and foes.

If you're still going to argue that those aren't changes in gameplay, you would be foolish.

It isn't any different. I have said from the start that the only thing they add are new moves that are ultimately inconsequential.I like how that by itself contradicts.

Inconsequential? An excuse.

The way the game plays, the system, the dynamic, none of it is different. Watch videos of all four games, it's like watching the same game in better graphics.Wrong. Once again, just Nero's arm makes players play differently. You're just not thinking about this hard enough.

Without the arm it would be harder to defeat Berial. The arm allows the player to swing on his head and avoid most if not all of his attacks by simply having to be close enough to him.

That's just one way the game plays differently, and one mission from the demo confirms that much.

Already you're incorrect, and now you want to argue that the entire game will play no differently.

Good luck explaining that now or later.

You haven't played any of them, I have played all of them. So...what exactly are you arguing for? Oh, because I MAKE you? Yep. Without doing anything, you have to reply because it's me. I own what you do in these threads. You said it yourself.- You're ignoring how I proved your method of prejudging a game worthless with my Budokai example, and are dodging it as expected.

- Just by playing the demo I already know how the game plays differently. Dante did not have an arm like Nero's in any of the previous DMC's, nor did he have Pandora's Box. That right there is another thing in the game that will give players a different option of how to play the game.

Who's talking about Ninja Gaiden? We're talking about DMC games, games I've played and am making factual comments on the system, games you've yet to play.A copout after I confirmed that playing a demo of a game isn't all that one should do before judging the completed version.

Damn your debating is crap.

Who is discussing that game? Again, you miss the point. Even if you can "do things" in the finished DMC 4 that you can't do in the demo, it won't be anything that radically alters the game style.Since when did this become about "radical changes in game styles"? That by itself is no more than opinion, seeing as 'radical' can be personally defined. The point here, is you said the game plays no differently and at the same time, made a bad move.

Look at the Resident Evil games, none of them deviated from the traditional Capcom survival horror style. Rendered areas, linear paths etc. All that changed was the story, the sprites and the areas. Resident Evil 4 was ENTIRELY different. They gave the entire gameplay system an overhaul. It wasn't a new move, it was an entirely new game control, view and playability system. Same with Resident Evil: Code Veronica, they departed from the rendered style and took everything 3D.

DMC has kept the same thing all the way through, and anyone who has played them will tell you the same.And explain how RE4's gameplay was so different sir. I want to know your definition of gameplay change.

I didn't say the game would be awesome, it could have been shit for all I know. It peaked my interest, and that is not what I am saying you are wrong for. You are wrong because you are judging things that a trailer does not tell you, like how good a game will be. PREDICTING it? Sure. Saying it will be good, different and innovative? No.The trailer showed how the game will be played differently, as I've told you more than once, and which you insist to say is no different.

You haven't even played the games.Stop saying this garbage that I've proved means nothing.

How did it prove your argument, silly boy?Let's go over it again.

Budokai 1 played similarly to Budokai 2, in that the gameplay and system were very much identical. The only major difference was the style of B2's graphics.

Budokai 3 featured many changes and improvements, like sequenced speed blitzes, ki attack wars, teleportation, and parrying.

Were you to prejudge Budokai 3's system based on the previous two, you would be wrong, as I've already told you. You completely ignored this example to suit your argument.

And look, we have a member ignoring moderator rules. A very good move. laughing out loud

I've PLAYED DMC 4's demo, I have actually played the whole series. Besides having a new move, there is nothing that is dramatically different from any of the three games before it, it's ultimately the same thing. Run, kill, jump, do a move, fight a big boss. It's the same with newer graphics.*yawn*

All you're doing is saying "Your arguments suck, I watched the trailer and read stuff, I'm right."Wow...you can do better than this. laughing

I have played all three full versions and played DMC 4's demo. Four games in and they are clearly not changing anything that would make it "different".What you define as "the same" and "different" is seemingly meaningless at this point.

You have no basis or proof, you have your opinion of a trailer.Which alone proved differences in how people played the game, lol.

Are you sure you watched all of them? haermm

I have actually played the games.The reason you use this old countered argument is beyond me.

Oh wait...

It doesn't, it doesn't change the gameplay from what it has been since the original DMC came out. How do you even know? You've played none of them besides the demo. You don't even know how the comparisons are.I'm sure Dante did not have an arm like Nero's. Nero's arm by itself was supposed to alter how DMC is played. Again, you're simply biased enough to not see or admit it.

You keep speaking for everyone, I'm not, because I know I'm right. My points do not require agreement, because they are fact.In what world? roll eyes (sarcastic)

You really think I would get reported before you, when in the same post you have said I am a retard, and vomit from a cow's ass? Hmm, odd child you are.Thanks for proving that you can't read.

I quote myself saying "You have vomit from a cow's ass" to argue with, and a method which is "that of a retard".

Compare that to "silly little boy" and "you're an idiot".

Maybe you're smart enough to tell the difference.

Hahahaha, so what? Four new moves do not mean the gaming system and gameplay has been changed.Since it alters the way the game is played, yes the gameplay has changed, Albert. barker

You're suggesting that comparing DMC 4 to the previous games is stupid, in an argument about how they're all the same? Allow me to just provide a little factual proof here, since you've not played any.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=31TuWeCP7Uk

Devil May Cry.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J3lKzgP4ROo

Devil May Cry 4.

New graphics, new move, same shit. Hack, hack, shoot, shoot, jump, attack. Repeat.

If you can watch those videos and try telling me there is any major innovation, change or difference, you're a blind fool.

They add a move and the masses are satiated, they know they don't even have to try. After all, DMC was born because of a failed idea that wasn't good enough to fit into Resident Evil's style.

-AC When you are able to tell me when Dante is swinging on a boss's head with an arm he can magically extend, or pick one up and slam it on the floor to make it unconscious long enough to deal a good number of blows with his sword before he has to steer clear of a powerup incinerating a village, get back to me.

Again, you're either not realizing how DMC4 plays differently from judging by the trailers and demo alone, or are unwilling to concede anything due to your sick ego.

I'm laughing to myself at how you've just disproved your own failed argument.

You're better off not continuing to debate this.

Hidden Lotus
^most quotes in a post ive ever seen laughing

Alpha Centauri
As I've pointed out many times, Nero's arm alone changes how the game is played, and the reason is it allows the player methods to:

Travel to spots they couldn't reach in other ways.

New strategies to overcome bosses and foes.

So basically, a new move to kill enemies with (Which is all it is, that does not change the style, which is the same), and a few new warp pads?

Nothing we haven't seen in other DMC games, just different variations of. The camera angle, the movement, the gameplay, the fighting and combat style, the level dynamic, it's all the same. He even RUNS precisely the same way. Fixed, jagged, walk and slash game for people who can't play (Or just don't want) anything challenging.

If you're still going to argue that those aren't changes in gameplay, you would be foolish.

If you're going to ignore the facts, then you're being even worse. You still argue despite never having played the games. Everyone who has played it would agree with what I'm saying, it offers little or no changes.

I like how that by itself contradicts.

Inconsequential? An excuse.

They are inconsequential. The game is not changed because you can kill someone in a different way.

Wrong. Once again, just Nero's arm makes players play differently. You're just not thinking about this hard enough.

No, I'm just not thinking about it like you'd want me to. You said in a PM that you push ideas and try to make people aware of what you think. I'm aware of what you think, you're just wrong.

Without the arm it would be harder to defeat Berial. The arm allows the player to swing on his head and avoid most if not all of his attacks by simply having to be close enough to him.

There have been bosses AS big in every other DMC game, and the devil arm has not been there. Of course, you wouldn't know that, you've not played the games.

You don't NEED the devil arm, they could have made the game without it, because of the dynamic. You obviously don't understand anything about games construction.

That's just one way the game plays differently, and one mission from the demo confirms that much.

It doesn't confirm anything other than a graphical update, an added move, and the same old walk, kill, jump bs that people love, because they can't/don't want anything harder.

Hey, if you're not good at games enough to play harder material, that's cool, but recognise facts.

Already you're incorrect, and now you want to argue that the entire game will play no differently.

WATCH the videos, WATCH the previews, PLAY the games. They move, fight and unfold exactly the same way each time.

You're ignoring how I proved your method of prejudging a game worthless with my Budokai example, and are dodging it as expected.

I'm not ignoring it, your example was actually faulty. We're not discussing that game. We are discussing a game with THREE previous installments that I have played and finished, the demo of the new game and the fact that they stick to a straight forward formula.

I am basing my argument on fact. You're basing it on "I love Devil May Cry 4...'s trailer and hype. I will judge it accordingly to this.".

Just by playing the demo I already know how the game plays differently.

So you can have an idea, JUST FROM THE DEMO, that the game will be entirely different to any DMC game, despite having played a grand total of NO other DMCs, and yet when I play it, judge it, and form a factual argument; you say I am basing it on nothing?

Methinks thou doth not think enough.

Dante did not have an arm like Nero's in any of the previous DMC's, nor did he have Pandora's Box. That right there is another thing in the game that will give players a different option of how to play the game.

Ultimately it amounts to a different way to kill an enemy. All you do in the game is walk along a linear path in deceivingly open areas, that aren't open at all, and kill things until you get to something huge, which you then have to kill.

A copout after I confirmed that playing a demo of a game isn't all that one should do before judging the completed version.

And then you say:

"Just by playing the demo I already know how the game plays differently.".

This is all rather funny, you realise?

Damn your debating is crap.

Read above, and realise how foolish you're making yourself look by arguing factual about a game series you've played a demo of, against someone who has played them all.

Since when did this become about "radical changes in game styles"? That by itself is no more than opinion, seeing as 'radical' can be personally defined. The point here, is you said the game plays no differently and at the same time, made a bad move.

It doesn't, fact. The dynamic is ultimately the same formula as it always is.

And explain how RE4's gameplay was so different sir. I want to know your definition of gameplay change.

It went from fixed, rendered environments, to a completely different style of 3D, interractive environments that were much more open and explorable than any before it. Not only that, but it added the ability to dynamically counter attack depending on the position of the player AND the opponent, it added environment interaction with which the enemies can also interract with, they couldn't do so before. In RE 4 they were given the ability to use weapons, set traps and organise an ambush. All of this was added in favour of the traditional Resident Evil style of walking around in a fixed and rendered background with little to no environment interaction, killing enemies that, at the very most, could run at you at varying speeds.

Devil May Cry? "We've given him the devil arm.", yes.

It's the same all the way through.

The trailer showed how the game will be played differently, as I've told you more than once, and which you insist to say is no different.

I've actually played the demo, which came after the trailer. I've played all previous existing DMCs. You run the same, you fight the same, you jump and move the same. All these games are is hack and slash, that's it.

Stop saying this garbage that I've proved means nothing.

You'd love me to stop because you know you are getting annoyed, and you want to stop replying, but you are consumed with having a say. Good, because the more you speak, the more you aid my argument.

How does it prove nothing, by the way? We're discussing how DMC 4 relates to previous games, and you haven't played those games, so how can it be irrelevant that you haven't played them? It more or less renders your opinion useless.

Budokai 1 played similarly to Budokai 2, in that the gameplay and system were very much identical. The only major difference was the style of B2's graphics.

Budokai 3 featured many changes and improvements, like sequenced speed blitzes, ki attack wars, teleportation, and parrying.

Were you to prejudge Budokai 3's system based on the previous two, you would be wrong, as I've already told you. You completely ignored this example to suit your argument.

Budokai 3 added way more to the formula, Devil May Cry 4 is adding a new move or two and some warp pads. NOTHING else has changed, AT ALL. The way you play and the way you fight is essentially identical, it always is. You run along a linear environment, you kill stuff, you solve a puzzle, you kill a boss. That is all that DMC is, really.

Which alone proved differences in how people played the game, lol.

Are you sure you watched all of them? haermm

Watched? What's watching compared to playing?

You're impressed by cleverly marketed trailers. I've played all three games and the demo. What I have to go by is factual and much more credible than you fanboying over seeing Sony show you some nice graphics.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
I'm sure Dante did not have an arm like Nero's. Nero's arm by itself was supposed to alter how DMC is played. Again, you're simply biased enough to not see or admit it.

See what? I'm seeing that you have nothing to go on. The only thing you have is what a trailer showed, where as others...like me, have PLAYED the game, and it's predecessors.

It will be the same as always, and I do not care if you agree or not, because my argument is fact, and your agreement is not necessary. That is why you always want people to agree, and why you keep posting. Because outside of people agreeing with you, you've got nothing. You need people on your side, I do not.

I quote myself saying "You have vomit from a cow's ass" to argue with, and a method which is "that of a retard".

Yeah, those are blatant insults.

Compare that to "silly little boy" and "you're an idiot".

And those are me telling you that you're being a silly boy. You're a boy, right? You're also being silly. You're also being an idiot.

Since it alters the way the game is played, yes the gameplay has changed, Albert. barker

It doesn't alter the way the game is played. Watch the videos I posted, if you're so keen on footage. Two boss fights, one from the first game, one from 4. Both essentially the same shit.

When you are able to tell me when Dante is swinging on a boss's head with an arm he can magically extend, or pick one up and slam it on the floor to make it unconscious long enough to deal a good number of blows with his sword before he has to steer clear of a powerup incinerating a village, get back to me.

Haha, you are so impressed by the fact that Nero can swing around a bosses head. Sony really don't have to try anymore, do they? All they do is add a new, flashy move, and you go "OHMYGODBESTGAMEEVER!".

It's ridiculous, demand more of these people, not the same game four times.

I wouldn't HAVE to tell you when that has happened, if you'd played the games.

Again, you're either not realizing how DMC4 plays differently from judging by the trailers and demo alone, or are unwilling to concede anything due to your sick ego.

I am actually laughing right now, it's so funny how frustrated you are at losing.

Now reply, so you can continue ending yourself. I command you to.

-AC

General Kaliero
Alpha Centauri and Wandering Flame, you have both received warnings for continued insults after I told you very clearly to stop.

You will carry on any necessary discussion in a civil manner.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>