Steel vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Avalonofthewind
2 guys with a lot of heart decide to slug it out.
Who wins?

Tshern
I don't know about the fight itself, but you probably mean the current version of Steel? As far as I know there are several versions of Steel...

The Ion
Kind of want to say Thing. If anything he's damn good at taking damage.

Avalonofthewind
I'm using John before the imperiex armor days. Natasha is too powerful.

TheKahn
I don't know a great deal about Steel but doesn't he have a hammer that actually gains momentum the further it travels? If that's the case he could just fly a couple miles in the air chuck the hammer and Ben.

Avalonofthewind
That would be correct.

Marcus4600
Is it a strict hand to hammer fight? If so, I think Ben might take this one. However, if he does throw the hammer a good distance, Ben might be asking the number of that bus.

batdude123
Steele also has a variety of built-in weapons inside the axe don't forget.

batdude123
*hammer

Sixth_Winged
unless this is aegis armored steel, he'd get crushed and turned into a can.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
unless this is aegis armored steel, he'd get crushed and turned into a can.

Can't Steel just stay out of Ben's range and use long range attacks?

batdude123
^ yes

soleran30
Poor Benjie is just a punching bag on this website lol

TheKahn
Originally posted by soleran30
Poor Benjie is just a punching bag on this website lol

Well h2h he would definitely have the edge, but I just don't see Steel getting in close.

soleran30
Not if he has a brain absolutely I agree its just poor benji he's the stepping stone to the big guns and more versatile fighterssmile By the way Steel for me on winning.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by TheKahn
Can't Steel just stay out of Ben's range and use long range attacks?

he can till ben thunderclaps and short his system out.

batdude123
Steele could be far out of Ben's sonic boom rang and he could just throw the hammer at him from there.

batdude123
*range

Sixth_Winged
and ben catches it and breaks it in half. What will Steel do then?

Engage him h2h?

TheKahn

Engage him h2h?

I'd throw very heavy crap at him big grin

batdude123

Engage him h2h?

Did you also know that the farther the hammer travels, the more momentum it picks up along the way? If Steele decides to throw the hammer at him from a long way away, Ben could get crushed.

Sixth_Winged
i thought ben was already a big pile of orange crap laughing

batdude123
^ laughing

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by batdude123
Did you also know that the farther the hammer travels, the more momentum it picks up along the way? If Steele decides to throw the hammer at him from a long way away, Ben could get crushed.

I know, but it needs to be more than class 100 tons on the way to make it that effective of knocking him out. Thing has endured waay more than that from his enemies.

Does the hammer also magical return to it's user like mjolnir? And does it also home in on it's opponent once thrown? Cause in order to gain that kind of insane power, it needs to be thrown several miles away and i don't think Steel is that accurate in throwing his hammer.

Superherovandal
seriously from 70 ft away that hammer hits with SUperman level strength. theres no way thing is going to catch it. its doubtful if he will be able to even remain conscious.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Superherovandal
seriously from 70 ft away that hammer hits with SUperman level strength. theres no way thing is going to catch it. its doubtful if he will be able to even remain conscious.

again, does it home in on his opponents? cause 70 ft isn't that near to be undodgeable even by normal humans

TheKahn
I know, but it needs to be more than class 100 tons on the way to make it that effective of knocking him out. Thing has endured waay more than that from his enemies.

Does the hammer also magical return to it's user like mjolnir? And does it also home in on it's opponent once thrown? Cause in order to gain that kind of insane power, it needs to be thrown several miles away and i don't think Steel is that accurate in throwing his hammer.

I'm not sure. Does anyone know if Steel can direct his hammer while it is in flight? If he can't, that certainly would change things...

Sixth_Winged
I'd like to see if it's heat seeking. What an awesome idea it would be, heat-seeking hammers.

But seriously, if it misses and thing picks it up, it'll be the revenge of the stone people.

dman2008
Its remote controlable and he he uses built in controlers in his suit to control it

Sixth_Winged
do you have any scan of that?

i don't mean to be so suspicious but i learn to always ask for a clear picture of the situation

dman2008

i don't mean to be so suspicious but i learn to always ask for a clear picture of the situation
nope I read it in a bio smile

but anways I have seen him call his hammer back via remote cotnrol so he can most likely control it in the air as well.

TheKahn

Here is the best I could find:
http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/steel/steel.html

Steel's original hammer was just a physical extension of his strength, to which, he did use to great effect. In recent battles, Steel has found himself outclassed by his metahuman opponents and decided to increase the technology found in his hammer. His current hammer has the ability to increase it's kinetic energy the further away it is thrown. At a distance up to 20 yards, it can stop a car, 30 yards, a truck, 60 yards, a tank, at distances greater than 60 yards, its destructive capacity rivals that of Superman for damage dealing capabilities. The hammer is also voice controlled and its flight is programmable

Also he can store up energy in it for a single strike:

Inertial Damage Field with Hammer: This hammer can also store the energy it has gathered along its flight path within the kinetic field and release it on contact with a target, even if its flight is interrupted by a command. It is unknown how long this device can store such energy. This device appears to have the ability to temporarily disrupt temporal/kinetic energy in a localized field and manipulated it for limited effects such as energy transfer based on a linear distance travelled. We suspect that such technology is alien in origin and its owner and manufacturer bear watching because of it. Its power source is also unknown.

Sixth_Winged
ok, i'll just take your word for it now.

I'd say if it indeed hits with superman like power or seriously above class 100, Steel would win.

If it's any less than that and ben survives the initial attack, he might be able to do something to tip the odds for himself.

Superherovandal
so technically he could just throw it across a football field call it back and then hit thing with to knock it out. wow. that simplifies things. I thought that it just increased in power the farther it was thrown so. Steel 7/10

Sixth_Winged
I like the idea of a guiding hammer very much. Mjolnir is good, but with tech it sounds awesome like a missile.

dman2008
ok, i'll just take your word for it now.

I'd say if it indeed hits with superman like power or seriously above class 100, Steel would win.

If it's any less than that and ben survives the initial attack, he might be able to do something to tip the odds for himself.

Also Steel is at least class fifty himself

dman2008
Originally posted by Superherovandal
so technically he could just throw it across a football field call it back and then hit thing with to knock it out. wow. that simplifies things. I thought that it just increased in power the farther it was thrown so. Steel 7/10

yep he can do that smile

The reason why the hammer becomes more powerfull is because it absorbs kinetic enrgy after being thrown which increases its strength. smile

Sixth_Winged
i heard he also played basketball and his first movie as a genie flopped big time.......oops......that's shaq big grin

Sixth_Winged
But i really liked his rivet gun.

Avalonofthewind
he can till ben thunderclaps and short his system out.

I highly doubt that will happen. You would be severly underestimating Steel. Thing and Steel are in the same strength class and the hammer is under his full control as well, both for targeting and control. Steel has been shown to have incredible accuracy when aiming at something... It's been shown even without his suit.

Avalonofthewind
Steel's durability is pretty good. This is the first version of his armor.
It was forced into space (within seconds) while battling the Eradicator, and then forced back into the atmosphere's reentry crash landing with a superman level character adding momentum to him.

Neither Steel nor Erad was KO'd by this.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9179/steel3qu.th.jpg

Sixth_Winged
uhmm...no their not in the same strength class. Thing is class 75-100. Steel is less even with his upgrades unless it's aegis(his most current) or the possible future version if he will appear in 52. It's not also just his accuracy but like what the other said, has a guidance system and voice control.

But if you really believe that, handicap him here by taking away his hammer and let's see who would win from the consensus

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Steel's durability is pretty good. This is the first version of his armor.
It was forced into space (within seconds) while battling the Eradicator, and then forced back into the atmosphere's reentry crash landing with a superman level character adding momentum to him.

Neither Steel nor Erad was KO'd by this.

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/9179/steel3qu.th.jpg

that has more to do with their resistance to heat and durability. Eradicator was simply playing with him and told him basically he can kill him but with a wave of his hand. Also, he can only lift about a ton during that time.

Avalonofthewind
that has more to do with their resistance to heat and durability. Eradicator was simply playing with him and told him basically he can kill him but with a wave of his hand. Also, he can only lift about a ton during that time.

I said that was a durability example. I'm putting these up because you had questions about the character. Nowhere in that post did I bring up Steel's strength factor. I'll see if I put up a scan of his strength and agility eventually.

It's common knowledge in a real fight Erads would wipe the floor with either Ben or John.

Sixth_Winged
I said that was a durability example. I'm putting these up because you had questions about the character. Nowhere in that post did I bring up Steel's strength factor. I'll see if I put up a scan of his strength and agility eventually.

It's common knowledge in a real fight Erads would wipe the floor with either Ben or John.

you sure about that?

highly doubt that will happen. You would be severly underestimating Steel. Thing and Steel are in the same strength class and the hammer is under his full control as well, both for targeting and control. Steel has been shown to have incredible accuracy when aiming at something... It's been shown even without his suit.

after which you posted your second response with a scan. What am i suppose to think?

Marcus4600
I think if we took the hammer out of this, then it would more than likely be one of the best fights ever seen. Steel is, in my opinion, the coolest DC character out there, and Ben Grimm is the one Marvel character that's the most lovable besides Spider-man. Good thread Avalon.

Avalonofthewind
you sure about that?

after which you posted your second response with a scan. What am i suppose to think?

One post is a general overall statement, and then the post with the scan has it's own seperate statement that explains the scan that accompanies it. Hence the reason there were 2 seperate posts. You quoted 2 totally seperate posts.

Are you trying to be a smartass, or were you genuinely confused?

Avalonofthewind
Here is Steel caught under a Steel press and bringing down the factory. This is also after his battle with Eradicator with his suit on low power.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/554/steel22jn.th.jpg

I'd say this puts him in Things strength class.

"Most modern presses used high strength aluminum or hot and cold rolled steel alloys with a least 40,000 pound per square inch yield strength For frames flame cut steel plate (heavy and expensive), structural and "mild" steel is normally adequate if not used in high stress areas. " http://www.worldprintmakers.com/torculo/etchpres.htm

Steel is far heavier than Aluminum.

Avalonofthewind
Here is a scan of his hammer returning to him and his great aim.
There is a comic where he shows incredible accuracy outside of the suit (putting him in league with batmans aim) but at the moment I can't remember the issue. He even explained that he calculates his aim mathematically in his own mind.

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/2174/steel39lj.th.jpg

Tony Stark
Here is Steel caught under a Steel press and bringing down the factory. This is also after his battle with Eradicator with his suit on low power.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/554/steel22jn.th.jpg

I'd say this puts him in Things strength class.

"Most modern presses used high strength aluminum or hot and cold rolled steel alloys with a least 40,000 pound per square inch yield strength For frames flame cut steel plate (heavy and expensive), structural and "mild" steel is normally adequate if not used in high stress areas. " http://www.worldprintmakers.com/torculo/etchpres.htm

Steel is far heavier than Aluminum.

confused

You kidding right...?

WOW... I'm impressed... NOT!

Steel can hold up a hydraulic press... So could Spiderman.

Do you think that Steel could hold up a large oil rig in the middle of the ocean?

NO!

Do you think that Steel could throw a large galactic spaceship into space from the ground w/ one hand?

NO!

Just a couple The THINGs feats that Steel couldn't even think about attempting.

The THING 9/10

Hit and Run
Originally posted by Tony Stark

Do you think that Steel could throw a large galactic spaceship into space from the ground w/ one hand?

NO!

When did Thing do this?

Juntai
Originally posted by Hit and Run
When did Thing do this? probably in the 50s when comics didnt make sense.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Juntai
probably in the 50s when comics didnt make sense.

Pretty much. A battleship weighs way over a hundred tons.
Spiderman bringing down steel factories. Priceless.
Looks like Stark has some unresolved anger issues. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.