Quasar vs. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tdawg14
Quasar is a GL ripoff(albeit a very powerful one at that). How does he fare against GL's nemesis?

thesilverspider
Sinestro 6/10

The Ion
But Quaser knocked out the Watcher!!!

thesilverspider
Originally posted by The Ion
But Quaser knocked out the Watcher!!!
THEE ROUGE WATCHER!!!!!!!!
I forgot about that Quasar 10/10

soleran30
yup plus quasars constructs stay around without him thinking about itsmile Thats a pretty big bonus there to GL's

The Ion
GL's can do that too, though. Even a lame one like John Stewart kept Martian Manhunter imprisoned while he went off to do other stuff.

soleran30
GL's can do that too, though. Even a lame one like John Stewart kept Martian Manhunter imprisoned while he went off to do other stuff.

Oh yeah well Quasar had lovely flowing blond hair for many years what do GL's get bowl cuts! BAM

No seriously though Quasar alone independant is the guardian of the universe..............I realize thats a job of a GL also however there are many to do that job Quasar is a lone wolf and Marvel's universe is his territory with lovely flowing blond hair!

marvelprince

Actually its different with Quasar. When he creates a construct thats it. He doesn't have to focus to maintain it or anything, it stays until he absorbs it back. The Green Lantern's need to maintain some sort of connection with their constructs.

And whats to stop Quasar from simply draining Sinestro's ring of all its energy? He's agruably the most accomplished energy siphon in Marvel so I don't see a power ring doing much to stop him

The Ion
Originally posted by marvelprince
Actually its different with Quasar. When he creates a construct thats it. He doesn't have to focus to maintain it or anything, it stays until he absorbs it back. The Green Lantern's need to maintain some sort of connection with their constructs.
Connection? They do it pretty casually and can go off and have fights and what not.

K Von Doom
Quasar dumps Sinestro in the Q-Zone. Fight over.

jrodslam
I wonder if Sinestro has matter manipulation with his ring? If so, Quasar cant counter that and Sin wins.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by jrodslam
I wonder if Sinestro has matter manipulation with his ring? If so, Quasar cant counter that and Sin wins.
He wouldn't need it IMO,Sinestro has more then enough to win the majority........

Horrificus

Quasar has matter manipulation too.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Horrificus

Umm. Last time i checked, he didnt and was vunerable to it. When has he done so? Id like to see it.

thesilverspider
He does??? confused

Khellendros
What KVD said.

GODSCRIBE
Quasar dumps him in the Quantum Zone. End of.

Quasar 10/10

Mider
im sure sinestro can get out of that zone.

GODSCRIBE
No, he can't. And if he manages to get out, Q puts him back in.

Superherovandal
seriously why couldn't he get out. the ring gives him interdimensional travel.

Sixth_Winged
quasar 7/10

i tried looking at his respect thread by rorscharch and realized he was a monster of a gl ripoff

http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/rorschach33629/quasar.html

Validus
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
No, he can't. And if he manages to get out, Q puts him back in.
Sinestro can travel dimensions and if things really get cheap like that ( roll eyes (sarcastic) ) Sinestro can just give him over to the Weaponers of Qward.

Khellendros
That's assuming Quaze doesn't drain his ring before dumping him in the Q zone.

Marcus4600
Quasar 10/10

CaptainStoic
I kept wondering when someone was gonna say something about this, but I noticed how DC and Marvel never let Quasar fight a Green Lantern like they were ducking out on it, I mean they had no problem letting the Hulk get mangled by Superman which was a fight that should have never happened...and I don't agree with the outcome Superman is a nice Gladiator and let's face it when did you ever see the geeky nice guy beat up the big bad bully?... but this isn't about them it's about Sinestro losing to Quasar, I mean anything a Green Lantern can do Quasar can do better.

CaptainStoic
And John Stewart isn't cheap he's like Flava Flav with a GL ring.

Marcus4600
I don't wanna imagine Flava Flav with a GL ring. He'd make a bigger verion in clock format to put around his neck.

GODSCRIBE
Quasar dumps him into the Quantum Zone and drains his ring. Whenever he finds his way out of the Q-Zone, Quasar puts him back in.

Quasar 10/10

Mider
i dont think that he's better with power then any GL the gaurdians one day invision that all gl's become like Ion whatever his power level is now, so basically all GL's have the potential for limitless power and who's to say that sinestro wont be the one to drain quasar first.

jrodslam
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
I mean anything a Green Lantern can do Quasar can do better.

Quasar doesnt have matter manipulation and is vunerable to it. GL's do and arent vunerable. The strongest blast ive ever seen Quasar do was 100 megatons. If you know anything stronger, a pic would be nicebig grin. GL's on the other hand have destroyed planets. Quasar doesnt have telepathy. GL has mind controlled the planet.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Mider
i dont think that he's better with power then any GL the gaurdians one day invision that all gl's become like Ion whatever his power level is now, so basically all GL's have the potential for limitless power and who's to say that sinestro wont be the one to drain quasar first.

That's POTENTIAL.

Quasar's potential is uncharted. Even without much experience he was able to stalemate abstracts and defeat watchers. Like I said, he dumps him in the Q-Zone.

Juntai
Quasar doesnt have matter manipulation and is vunerable to it. GL's do and arent vunerable. The strongest blast ive ever seen Quasar do was 100 megatons. If you know anything stronger, a pic would be nicebig grin. GL's on the other hand have destroyed planets. Quasar doesnt have telepathy. GL has mind controlled the planet. lol.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Juntai
lol.

Whats funny? sad

Juntai
Whats funny? sad How simple it all got laid out.

jrodslam
How simple it all got laid out.

Dont get me wrong. I like Quasar and knows hes really powerful, but to say he can do all of what a GL can do and better is a horible statement imo.

Horrificus
lol.

Hey, I am a fan of Hal Jordan and Quasar. And, as a matter of fact, I think Hal would beat Quasar. But, that is just because he is "Hal", and I think that dude is just bad news in general.

But, for the most part, Quasar is one of the most powerful characters in both universes, aside from abstract entities and above.

What the heck does matter manipulation have to do with beating Quasar? And how is he vulnerable to it? It still has to be done with "Energy" from somebody. Am I wrong? And if it is done with energy, that's Q's game.

Quasar has control of, and access to "ALL" types of energy in the universe. As a matter of fact, if I were to make a guess, I would figure that he could end up killed by some kind of limitless strength bruiser. Like, Count Nefaria seemed to be able to drag Q around, while Q had him encased in one of his construct. Just out of brute force.

Juntai
Hey, I am a fan of Hal Jordan and Quasar. And, as a matter of fact, I think Hal would beat Quasar. But, that is just because he is "Hal", and I think that dude is just bad news in general.

But, for the most part, Quasar is one of the most powerful characters in both universes, aside from abstract entities and above.

What the heck does matter manipulation have to do with beating Quasar? And how is he vulnerable to it? It still has to be done with "Energy" from somebody. Am I wrong? And if it is done with energy, that's Q's game.

Quasar has control of, and access to "ALL" types of energy in the universe. As a matter of fact, if I were to make a guess, I would figure that he could end up killed by some kind of limitless strength bruiser. Like, Count Nefaria seemed to be able to drag Q around, while Q had him encased in one of his construct. Just out of brute force. GL rings aren't regular energy. It's a manifestation of the universes willpower. Sinestro's ring Either way, the Yellow Ring feeds and stores the energy of the Green Lanterns.Can you show me Quasar using Pheonix's power against her, let me know, because it's pretty much the same thing that GL uses after their recent retcon.

Horrificus
GL rings aren't regular energy. It's a manifestation of the universes willpower. Sinestro's ring Either way, the Yellow Ring feeds and stores the energy of the Green Lanterns.Can you show me Quasar using Pheonix's power against her, let me know, because it's pretty much the same thing that GL uses after their recent retcon.

The Pheonix energy is mostly psionic, and I don't know much about how he has battled psionic foes. I am just being honest. I know he is impervious to mind control.

CaptainStoic
If we are talking about brute force and how Count Nefaria was dragging Quasar around, didn't Lobo break out of Hals energy cage in a Legion 98 comic? Yea that's right he did... didn't Superman punch through one too without much of a problem? This is not about all of that.
Quasar would beat a GL, and not because of the obvious (yellow energy constructs) but Quasar has accese to the entire Quantum Zone which is limitless unlike a GL's ring which is on a timer! Quasar can also lock onto any energy signature and drain it, do you remember what happened in JLA/Avengers when a GL was drained by Photon AKA "Monica Rambeau"? Quasar can do all of that just faster... I have no idea what Ion can do.... The fact still remains Quasar woul beat Sinestro.

jrodslam
^ Like its been stated already, Sin has interdimetional travel and the ability to teleport. And just so you know, GL;s dont have the yelloe weakness anymore. You mention JLA/Avengers saying how Photon drained Kyle, but Kyle fought like a total noob. In their first encounter she was trying to match wavelengths, so he should have at least tried to stop it but he didnt. Then when she finally did it, he drained the CC. Kyle is nowhere near Sinestro when it comes to experience. Whats to stop Sin from Draining from the Q-Bands? Are they just gonna go back and forth? Doubt it. If something is to powerful, Quasar cant absorb it(soul gem blast). Ive mentioned before than the most powerful blast ive ever seen Quasar do was 100 megatons. That wouldnt phaze Sin in the slightest. What would Quasar do against a blast that can destroy a planet?

Validus
I'd just like to say Rayner got totally shat on JLA/Avengers. Probably the worst of any DC character in the book.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Validus
I'd just like to say Rayner got totally shat on JLA/Avengers. Probably the worst of any DC character in the book.
Well who would you expect(from a x-over).......

I see it as a trade between Thor and Kyle both having bad showings for their respective campanies.

Validus
At least Thor put up a great fight. Kyle was getting dominated by Wonder Man and Photon treated him like a noob.

jrodslam
Captian Atom was sh**ted on as well.

Led foil containment arrows?!?What the f**k?

thesilverspider
Captian Atom was sh**ted on as well.

Led foil containment arrows?!?What the f**k?
Fuc*k him he's not liked in the DCU anyway............

marvelprince
Back on topic...

I don't think Quasar can by drained by Sinestro. The bands are tied to the Quantum zone which possesses infinite amounts of energy. Quasar can drain Sinestro though, he is probably the most efficient at energy absorption than any of the other Marvel heroes, so Sin's ring shouldn't be a problem. Or he could just use some science and negate all of Sinestro's constructs by matching them with his waves moving out of phase. Basically whatever Sinestro can do to Quasar he can match. Sinestro fires a blast to destroy a planet. Quasar could open a portal and send the energy to the Quantum zone. Sinestro tries to drain Quasar. Quasar either drains him, or opens the floodgates to the energy in the Quantum zone. Sinestro doesn't get owned, but he certainly doesn't win

Horrificus
First of all, that is so sad that nobody likes Captain Atom. I think that he is a pretty cool character.

Now, I keep reading about Q not being able to contain large burst of energy larger than an atom bomb, or something like that. This is so silly.

Quasar has contained, shruged off, and stood through blasts from Galactus, Pheonix, Maelstrom, 2 Watchers and Thanos, etc.

He has been able to hang out inside of a Super Nova.

He has knocked the hammer out of Thor's hand, kept his hammer from going back to him, and just stood there while his hammer bounces off of him.

Are you serious about doubting what he can withstand?

If the GL power is the Will of the Universe, what does that mean? It sounds like an energy that exists in the universe. That means that Q can manipulate it. The only energy he can't manipulate is Dark Force.

He can channel the energy of a star.

He has never shown a limit to what he can blast out, or drain in. No limits.

Any questions?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.