Who is more human-like: God or Satan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Darth Macabre
Yes, I do. Just for the main fact that Satan has been on Earth all this time, he know's what it's like. Jesus was here for 33 years, he has no real knowledge of what it's like. He lived in an age much different then the one we're in today.

debbiejo
I like Satan...............

Shakyamunison

xyz revolution

Atlantis001
Originally posted by debbiejo
I like Satan...............

People always ask if is God a woman, but..... is Satan a woman ?

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Atlantis001
People always ask if is God a woman, but..... is Satan a woman ? does god, exist? Does satan exist?

Santa is evil because it distracts people from the true meaning of christmas and is an anagram of satan. To be exact, christmas was a druid holiday like halloween and easter. Easter: beginning of summer. Halloween: End of summer.

Atlantis001
I know, I was joking...

Mindship
..... is Satan a woman ?

drool

debbiejo
If there was such a thing.....................then sooooooooooooo..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...let us ponder out what sex satan wasl

Shakyamunison
If there was such a thing.....................then sooooooooooooo..........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...let us ponder out what sex satan wasl

Both and all. wink

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Mindship
drool

if Satan is a woman...and she's hot...

what's the point of hell??

debbiejo
Funny though, there is a book describing hell and it is described as being in the shape of a woman........... huh

soleran30
http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif

Thats a picture from the movie Bedazzled and if thats the devil paint me a sinner.............................cuz I have been naughty devil yes bunny

debbiejo
Hell wouldn't be fun for me being in the shape of a woman.......What am I gonna do there? blink

Mindship
http://lisaandhayley.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/devilwoman.jpg

Arachnoidfreak

Wesker

You obviously haven't met my ex.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Wesker
You obviously haven't met my ex.

laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud

Darth Jello
I hate to keep citing the clinically insane, but according to the first chapter of Mikhail Bakunin's God and the State, Lucifer is more human than god and is in fact, humanity's patron.

Wesker
God and Satan both have serious issues that make them seem almost human, especially in the OT. Story of Job comes to mind.

Hack Benjamin
Suprsingly there are very few women devils, most women seem to take the role in celtic-lore as monsters rather then actual demons who hold any sortof power over the underworld..

joesha28

Darth Jello
but since what defines a human is his/hers ability to change, grow, and reason, doesn't that imply that god changes with time as do his/hers concept of morality?
This would basically solve a few reigious parodoxes by basically saying that assuming that there is a god, God is relatively infallible. Meaning that just because something was once a sin, doesn't mean its always a sin as man being in God's image means that man changes with God. This doesn't mean that God can be wrong. Only that God can change which is the implicit ability God gave to humans.

Storm

lil bitchiness
God, in Abrahamic religions has all the characteristics of a spoilt child, while Satan appears to be more of a primitive human - as explained by Torah, Bible and Qur'an.

Bowser jr
If people believe in GOD then they must believe in SATAN. It's the same with heaven and hell.

evil face devil smokin' rock

Darth Jello
duality, how paganistic. The idea that God would allow a treasonous, tortured prisoner like Dis to have any power is ludioucris. If there is a god, then evil is a creation of humans who choose to blame their wrongs on some evil living below them.
As for Storm's point, it's still valid because God is perfect at any point in time. The concept of what perfection is is what changes and both God and humanity realize this simultaneously. Therefore God is still relatively perfect, but never imperfect.

finti
spot on cool

debbiejo
Originally posted by Bowser jr
If people believe in GOD then they must believe in SATAN. It's the same with heaven and hell.

evil face devil smokin' rock Not necessarily, The Jews don't believe in a hell and people have different views on what satan is. Some think of it as only a spirit of influence not a being.

finti
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell, fool fool - BLACK SABBATH (Dio years)

debbiejo
Interesting word "Dio" in Italian.

Black Sabbath knows God.........lol

finti
Sabbath sure do

debbiejo
They must be SDA, they use to word Sabbath......guess no pork for them then.........

finti
or they can be Jewish

debbiejo
Hmmm still no pork for them, though now I images of them looking something more like ZZTop. eek!

finti
or MATISYAHU

debbiejo
Yeah! Definitely no pork for him!

finti
his stuff is actually pretty cool

debbiejo
Never heard it......... sad

Whooooooo found a link.......Reggae.

http://www.matismusic.com/

big grin

TheOne101
I beleive the idea of both god and satan were invented by humans to give purpose for life. If you are good in life and dont piss people off then 'God' will reward you in another life. If your an ******* and no one likes you and your personality then when you die you will go to hell and the devil will have his way with you. I beleive it may be possible for both to be true stories to some extent. If they do infact exist i beleive they both started as humans. It all begins with choice. One chose one path and the other chose the opposite. One is looked at from morals and ethics as 'good' and the other is looked at as 'bad'. i guess it could all be your point of view. Maybe to some people its all opposite. Gods satan and satan is god. Or something like that.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Humans cannot relate to God, but Satan doesn't exist.
How do you know? How can any living human being ever really know that for a fact?

debbiejo
Originally posted by katie_girl09
How do you know? How can any living human being ever really know that for a fact? Because it's taken from scripture..........

mr.smiley
I don't know.I think I relate to both of them to a degree.On any given day of the week i'll give you a different answer.Blah,blah,blah!

leonheartmm
you know satanism makes a lot more sense than christianity. its actually plausible that lucifer created humanity instead of the opressive self proclaimed god{it takes a different path from omnipotence/worship etc} its all crap anyway but still.

Punker69
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yes, I do. Just for the main fact that Satan has been on Earth all this time, he know's what it's like. Jesus was here for 33 years, he has no real knowledge of what it's like. He lived in an age much different then the one we're in today.

Ok so your basic idiotic statement in a nutshell is "The omnipotent and divine creator of the very age we live in today has no idea what it is like to walk in our shoes."

Read Matthew. Or any of the four gospels. He had every aspect of a human that we have today, except for sin. Heck he was even tempted by the Devil himself after fasting for 40 days and 40 nights. Lets put the shoe on the other foot. Could you imagine what that was like?

leonheartmm
^dude its all MYTH get over it.

maham
none r human like as they influence us v don't influence them

Darkman87
Satan would be more like human. God cannot be seen as human never. I take it not seriously

Punker69
The point is none of them are human or even remotely human. They're both spirits. Why even ask the question?

Darth Traya
On a similar vein of thought, neither of them have been proven to exist, ergo neither of them can be considered to be "more" human.

Punker69
Ergo thats a whole different discussion. Just answer the question at hand based on its context. Its not that hard.

Darth Traya
Meh, Satan. He doesn't lie about being evil, whereas God does.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Meh, Satan. He doesn't lie about being evil, whereas God does.

Yep, good and evil do not exist by themselves. All things have good and evil in then including God.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Meh, Satan. He doesn't lie about being evil, whereas God does. Interesting and I have to agree according to biblical sources...

But the true nature of what is, there are always opposites in all things which can be drawn to you or influenced by you.

Punker69
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yep, good and evil do not exist by themselves. All things have good and evil in then including God.

Who are you to say all things have good and evil? By him all things are made. He makes the rules for emotion. Not you.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Punker69
Who are you to say all things have good and evil? By him all things are made. He makes the rules for emotion. Not you. If god is in all things and everything is parts of what god is then god is both evil and good or polarized and all in between.

Shakyamunison
Who are you to say all things have good and evil? By him all things are made. He makes the rules for emotion. Not you.

I am talking about what makes sense and you are talking about what is from the bible. I'm observing God, you are following dogma.

apoc001
If you think about it, God would have to be more human than us. Besides my personal belief that God has a body, there's also the idea that Satan defied God's plan and he and his followers went to Hell. That means that they never came to Earth, and therefore never received a body. We're here, we have bodies, that's how we know that we followed God. I realize I'll get lots of anti-Christianism to this, as always, but that's just my belief.

apoc001
I meant more human than Satan, not us. Sry

Punker69
If god is in all things and everything is parts of what god is then god is both evil and good or polarized and all in between.

God isn't in all things and everything is not in God. Where do you get that?

finti
you mean besides the fact of an omnipresent/omnipotent/omni- benevolent god christians worship?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by finti
you mean besides the fact of an omnipresent/omnipotent/omni- benevolent god christians worship?

Not just Christians. All faiths believe in something timeless and universal that links all things together.

God, Great Spirit, ether, the Tao. Call it what you will, it's there.

debbiejo
God isn't in all things and everything is not in God. Where do you get that? Well there is a scripture also that says "There is no place that god is not."..So that means all things, good and evil, seen and unseen, subatomic particles even...everythiing... big grin

It's all alive..........

Bowser jr
Well there is a scripture also that says "There is no place that god is not."..So that means all things, good and evil, seen and unseen, subatomic particles even...everythiing... big grin

It's all alive..........

If that is true then god can see everyone 24/7 and knows what we all look like and it must be the same with Satan. evil face smokin' devil beer rock

SamIel
we are more like satan.. in many ways

Black Rob

grey fox
Satan is more human-like , although were created in the image (Nature or physical form ...both are debatable) of god.

The reasoning for this is satan is flawed , he became arrogant and fell from grace. That sounds more human like then god , who seems to have no character flaws and has but two emotions . Anger and joy.

I mean when have you ever seen (read) god as Indifferent , it's always I am pleased or I SHALL SMITE YE!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.