Marvel team vs The Wildcats

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Seven pretty powerful Marvel characters vs the hole Wildcats team. Who wins

5 Marvel team
Vision
Classic Juggernaut
Mr Sinister
Cyber
Deadpool
Colossus
Absorbing Man

vs

Wildcats
Mr Majestic
Spartan
Void
Lady Tron
Emp
Voodoo
Warblade
Zealot
Condition Red
Savant
Tao
Maul

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370
Seven pretty powerful Marvel characters vs the hole Wildcats team. Who wins

5 Marvel team
Vision
Classic Juggernaut
Mr Sinister
Cyber
Deadpool
Colossus
Absorbing Man

vs

Wildcats
Mr Majestic
Spartan
Void
Lady Tron
Emp
Voodoo
Warblade
Zealot
Condition Red
Savant
Tao
Maul

I'd be curious to know how the X-men you listed could even begin to deal with the following 2 WildCATS:
- Mr Majestic (conceptualized as a genius-intellect Superman analogue that from the beginning was extremely powerful and in more recent showings has done feats that are simply pre-crisis Superman in nature)
- Void (a powerful teleporter who is also pre-cognitive as well as having great energy-manipulation abilities)

I honestly do not see anyway the X-men you put could deal with just those two, yet you 5 X-men facing off against 12 WildCATS.

You also included:
-Spartan: In essence has super-strength, the ability to self-repair, enhanced senses, powerful energy projection, some energy manipulation, energy shields, and invisibility. Now, since you also had Void on the team I am assuming that this Spartan has not yet merged with Void (if he had he would even be more powerful than he already is).
- Emp: You also have Lord Emp, who has super-human strength, is immortal, has superhuman durability, is a profecient telepath, and an energy caster (a very powerful one). The short guy who used to lead the WildCATS.
- Lady Tron: A cybernetic character with a formidable internal weapons suite.
- Vodoo: A nice sweet (pretty) lady with telepathy, the sight and regenerative ability. Oh, and before I forget .....she has time manipulation as well. Imagine how nasty that would be.
- WarBlade: Now this is an interesting character. He has totaly control over his molecular structure, and is able to turn various parts of him into razor sharp edged weapons that are made of a kind of organic steel. He has such control over his molecules that even after they were dispersed once he managed to coalesce them and bring himself back. Oh, and I'd love to see how Colossus's organic steel would handle WarBlade's Alien organic steel blades (although this wouldn't happen because Void would have gotten rid of Colossus - and the rest of the X men team - long before WarBlade could get to range)
- Zealot: One of my favorite characters. In essence take Marvel's Elektra. THEN, make her be a half-alien/half-human hybrid. Then give her CENTURIES of combat experience as a member of the Coda due to her immortality. Oh, also give her superhuman strength. Add to this some knowledge of dark sorcery.
- Savant: Hmmmm, and here we have he daughter of Mr Majestic and Zealot. What can she do? Well, she has superhuman strength, speed, teleportation and immortality. Also add a mystical bag that has all sorts of things in it.
- Tao: What do you get when you have a character that is superhumanly intelligent and can mesmerize and control someone just by speaking to them: Tao.
- Maul: Here is a character that gets stronger as he gets larger(a hat-tip to the Hulk getting stronger as he gets angrier), and he has the ability to continuously increase his size (the only problem, again an allusion to the Hulk, being that as he gets larger he loses more of his intellect).

WildCATS win in my opinion (and Void could just warp the X-men to the surface of the moon with a single thought). Against the WildCATS (who happen to be, due to the way you structure the thread, not only quantitatively superior but also having several characters that can end the battle with a thought) the CATS win this 9.5/10 (the 0.5 due to the chance of PIS being used).

PS: Great thread by the way (although you gave the X-team too much credit). It is nice seeing the WildCATS coming to KMC as a group.

dman2008
Originally posted by spetznaz
I'd be curious to know how the X-men you listed could even begin to deal with the following 2 WildCATS:
- Mr Majestic (conceptualized as a genius-intellect Superman analogue that from the beginning was extremely powerful and in more recent showings has done feats that are simply pre-crisis Superman in nature)
- Void (a powerful teleporter who is also pre-cognitive as well as having great energy-manipulation abilities)

I honestly do not see anyway the X-men you put could deal with just those two, yet you 5 X-men facing off against 12 WildCATS.

You also included:
-Spartan: In essence has super-strength, the ability to self-repair, enhanced senses, powerful energy projection, some energy manipulation, energy shields, and invisibility. Now, since you also had Void on the team I am assuming that this Spartan has not yet merged with Void (if he had he would even be more powerful than he already is).
- Emp: You also have Lord Emp, who has super-human strength, is immortal, has superhuman durability, is a profecient telepath, and an energy caster (a very powerful one). The short guy who used to lead the WildCATS.
- Lady Tron: A cybernetic character with a formidable internal weapons suite.
- Vodoo: A nice sweet (pretty) lady with telepathy, the sight and regenerative ability. Oh, and before I forget .....she has time manipulation as well. Imagine how nasty that would be.
- WarBlade: Now this is an interesting character. He has totaly control over his molecular structure, and is able to turn various parts of him into razor sharp edged weapons that are made of a kind of organic steel. He has such control over his molecules that even after they were dispersed once he managed to coalesce them and bring himself back. Oh, and I'd love to see how Colossus's organic steel would handle WarBlade's Alien organic steel blades (although this wouldn't happen because Void would have gotten rid of Colossus - and the rest of the X men team - long before WarBlade could get to range)
- Zealot: One of my favorite characters. In essence take Marvel's Elektra. THEN, make her be a half-alien/half-human hybrid. Then give her CENTURIES of combat experience as a member of the Coda due to her immortality. Oh, also give her superhuman strength. Add to this some knowledge of dark sorcery.
- Savant: Hmmmm, and here we have he daughter of Mr Majestic and Zealot. What can she do? Well, she has superhuman strength, speed, teleportation and immortality. Also add a mystical bag that has all sorts of things in it.
- Tao: What do you get when you have a character that is superhumanly intelligent and can mesmerize and control someone just by speaking to them: Tao.
- Maul: Here is a character that gets stronger as he gets larger(a hat-tip to the Hulk getting stronger as he gets angrier), and he has the ability to continuously increase his size (the only problem, again an allusion to the Hulk, being that as he gets larger he loses more of his intellect).

WildCATS win in my opinion (and Void could just warp the X-men to the surface of the moon with a single thought). Against the WildCATS (who happen to be, due to the way you structure the thread, not only quantitatively superior but also having several characters that can end the battle with a thought) the CATS win this 9.5/10 (the 0.5 due to the chance of PIS being used).

PS: Great thread by the way (although you gave the X-team too much credit). It is nice seeing the WildCATS coming to KMC as a group.

pwned smile

golem370
Classic Juggernaut,Vision,Absorbing Man would be the toughest battle for Wildcats and also Mister Sinister. Juggernaut could block the teleporter and and the telepaths with his Helmets.

I have a question
I guess Maul would be Well Over 100tons but where does the other Wildcats characters fall in the Strength list spetznaz?

spetznaz
Classic Juggernaut,Vision,Absorbing Man would be the toughest battle for Wildcats and also Mister Sinister. Juggernaut could block the teleporter and and the telepaths with his Helmets.

I have a question
I guess Maul would be Well Over 100tons but where does the other Wildcats characters fall in the Strength list spetznaz?

The thing is that even though the Marvel team has several seriously powerful characters (actually to be honest Classical Juggernaut is the only character there that I can call 'seriously powerful') they are just outmatched on both a quantitative and qualitative level.
After all it is a match between 7 characters and 12 (and actually most of the Marvel characters simply do not amount to the capabilities of the WildCATS team. For instance take Colossus: he is very strong, but would he even have the chance to get close before he was taken out by one of the WCats?).

The WildCATS would win this without much difficulty.

p.s: I also wonder what you mean by the Juggernaut being able to block Void's teleportation through his helmet? True, he may be able to block telepathy with his helmet, but he has never been shown to block teleportation via helmet.

p.p.s: About Maul's strength. I guess he would be over 100 tons (if I was to use Marvel's scale, which is something I hate to use since that scale is only good for mostly Marvel characters .....and to be honest characters like the Hulk cannot even be adequately measured with that scale). Anyways, I'd say Maul would be 100+ (but the danger with maul is that he can become so strong, and thereby so large, that he is a danger to his team).
Mr Majestic is obviously far above that. In some showings he has been written as having strength levels that were last seen in pre-Crisis Superman (i.e moving planets and re-arranging solar systems), while in other showings he has been shown as having strength levels analogous to current Superman. Either way he is beyond the 100 ton scale rating system.
Then we have Spartan. It is really hard to adequately measure this character .....he definitely has super-strength, but at times it has been around that of (say) Venom (if I use the Marvel scale), BUT ON OTHER OCCASSIONS he has been drawn as trading blows with Majestic (for example in the recent Mr Majestic comics) and in one case punching Mr Majestic so hard that he landed on another continent, then he beat Majestic up so badly that he almost killed him (and actually thought that he had), then he went and broke into Majestic's fortress inside Mt Rushmore (which is protected with Kherubim Warware, but Spartan tore through all of that like it was paper), and faced Majestic again.
In this showing, spartan is basically written as being as strong as Majestic, and hence beyond the 100 scale rating.
Thus Spartan has a wide range .....and even if one was to take an average of the two it would still be a pretty high level of strength.

Now, every one else is quite ambiguous. For example Zealot has superstrength, but it is nowhere near the level of Majestic, Spartan or Maul. It would be hard to gauge her strength capabilities because with Zealot what is mostly shown is her skill in the martial arts and swordplay.
How strong is she? All I can say is considerably stronger than the strongest human, but definitely not anywhere near the powerhouses of the WildCATS. (To be honest, if I have to give an answer, I doubt she is even half as strong as Spiderman)
Everyone else is beyond speculation. For example Savant is the daughter of Majestic and Zealot, but just how strong is she? I don't know.

Anyways, when it comes to the WildCATS it seems to be some analogue of the JLA, but set up more along the lines of the X-men. As in a real team like the X-men (instead of a collection of individual powerhouses who are very good at team work, but not necessarily a team .....yeah, I know it is semantics, but if one looks at it closely maybe one can see what I mean. The X-men are a team, and they NEED each other to face some of the threats that they do. The JLA on the other hand is comprised of extremely powerful characters, even Aquaman is very powerful, and although they are very good at team work most of them could probably do the job solo. They do not 'need' each other as much as the X-men do).
A crude analogy would be like the difference between being a great friend, and being great when it comes to friendships. Now, both seem to be the same, but there is a world of difference between the two (namely with the first having strong emotional anchoring, while the latter is more of an ability to go along with everyone very well).
A better analogy would be the difference between a great close-knit family, AND a great close-knit company.

Anyways, the WildCATS are a medley of the two concepts ......they have extremely powerful members (eg Majestic, Void, Spartan) , but they are also a team that has a real connection.

If the X-men are a family, and the JLA are a corporation; then the WildCATS are a family-owned company.

Khellendros
I have a question
At, I believe, 45+ feet, Maul becomes a legitimate threat to Majestic class people. And in his most recent showings he can selectively increase his mass, so that he can hit much harder without growing too large (and thus too stupid) to be functional. So basically, he can be ten feet tall but hit you in the face with a fist that has the mass of a Mack truck.

As for the rest of the WildCats:

Mr Majestic- Already been answered, but he's in Superman's class

Spartan- If this is the Platinum series upgrade, which is the body he had when bonded with Void, he had a sufficiently high enough durability to take a full strength blow in the face from another low level Class 100 character (Caitlin Fairchild) without even flinching. And Caitlin said she had put everythign she had into that blow. He's also taken city-destorying attacks with no damage. Strength-wise, the Platinum-series body is most definitely a mid-level Class 100

Void- Void's power comes from her energy powers/teleportation. She has greatly enhanced durability but I don't remember her showing any great strength.

Lady Tron- VERY durable cyborg. I'd put her around Class 5 or so.

Emp- Like all Kherubim, he's got greater than human strenth and durability. So, as a default I'd put him around the 1 ton level.

Voodoo- In human form, she's probably aroudn peak human because of her dancing/gymnast and Coda combat training from Zealot. In her Deamonite-form, I'd say maybe half a ton.

Warblade- I put Warblade in about the same class I would Deamonite-form Voodoo. Half a ton. He's not dangerous becuase of his strength, but because of the blades he can form his body into and his martial arts skills.

Zealot- Zealot is strong enough to toss a non-resisting Majestic into a steel blast door and leave a large dent. I'd put her at Class 7-10. She's also durable enough tot ake small arms fire without breaking her skin.

Condition Red- Peak human in all areas, except maybe gunplay.

Savant- Savant is Kherubim like Zealot, but without any great strength showings. I'd put her at the one ton mark, but with durability just as good as Zealot herself.

Tao- Tao has no physical super powers, and never did that much fighting anyways. His brain was what amde him dangerous.

DigiMark007
Gotta pick me up some Wildcats issues. Didn't know Majestic was in them. They seem formidable as all heck.

golem370
The helmet comment was for telepaths and his Force Field was for the teleportation

golem370
There is only one X-Men and thats Colossus. But Mister Sinister is defiantly a threat. and So is Absorbing Man can absorb blades metals and other materials. Vision can produce 30,000 degrees of Radiation and he can go intangible and become has hard as a diamond.

Mister Sinister- http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Mister_Sinister

golem370
I will add to mine team Death Metal & Atlas

Death Metal- http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/deathmet.htm

$p@wn
ok, guys, so I came in. Absorber is invulnerable to teleportation - you can teleport him no matter far - he return in a split-seconds. This is some kind of curse that even Doc Strange can't dispell. And Absorber may be vulnerable to time teleportation. Damn me, he MUST be vulnerable to it! He's TOOO powerful char!! Also he may be defeated "simply" by switching off his powers. That may be done not only by magic, but also by tecnical - done in "Wolverine" series by some force field bubble.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.