A little Help please...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Subjekt
Hi all...please forgive me in advance. I don't mean to sound dumb or ignorant or anything like that, but obviously I havent read too many Eu books, and with a full time job and two kids, i dont have much time for anything else.

BUT, since Ive been coming to this area of the SW boards (the EU section), Ive been becoming increasingly more interested with the EU side of the Star Wars Universe.

Here's a list of book's I have. PLease tell me what you think of them, where I should start or other books you all would recommend.

NJO: Vector Prime
NJO: Agents of Chaos 1; Hero's Trial
NJO: Edge of Victory 1; Conquest
Star Wars; I, Jedi
Star Wars; Tales from the new Republic
X-Wing; Solo Command
And finally, Star Wars; The Approaching Storm

Are these good and what else would you suggest?

Thanks and again sorry if you feel that this thread is pointless...I just want as many peoples opinions as possible.

Darth_Glentract
I, Jedi is my favorite SW book and I see that you have it. You should pick up the Thrawn Trilogy, as that's the beginning for much of the post-ROTJ EU. I'd also suggest picking up the Jedi Academy Trilogy after you read the Thrawn books. You could also look into the PT books like Shatterpoint, Cestus Deception, and Medstar 1 & 2.

If you want to know more about the SW timeline in general, you could pick up The New Essential Guide to Chronology, but it's a bit pricy. It also lacks much indept detail on each thing, but will give you a good overview of what's going on.

Darth Subjekt
cool....thanks....I can get those things from like Barnes and Noble or something?

Blaxican_Jedi
Most of em. I don't know about some of the some of em though. My barnes and nobles is kind of crappy, not sure abou yours.

Darth_Glentract
They should all be there.

Darth Subjekt
So thid DE and DN series...is that something i should wait on or would it be ok to go right into it? Like will it throw me off if i dont read these others forst? i just dont want to be lost.

This I, Jedi...does that deal with luke at all? And is Luke portrayed in a different light then in the movies?

Fishy
DE takes place after the Thrawn books, DN after NJO... Try reading them in the proper sequence, makes more sense that way.

w00t2112
In regard to your second comment, Luke is indeed potrayed differently not only from the movies, but from the varying series, as they are written by different authors.

Darth Subjekt
but in all, he's supposed to be this Uber Powerful Jedi that pretty much do as he pleases? How does he rate against DE or DN Sidious? Someone said Sids can do a force storm that can wipe out a fleet and that luke can do something that is pretty close in the "oh shit" factor. The comic i have shows that luke might still be intimidated by palps..is that accurate?

General Bondius
Try this link to see the chronology of things
http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/timeline.html

Im reading the NJO series right now and there are good books and bad ones, but I think you have to read them all to get the entire experience, not reading one of the books is like not seein one of the six movies, I think.

If you like the Clone wars timeline I strongly recomend Shatterpoint and Dark Rendezvous.

Post ROTJ the Thrawn trilogy and the Jedi Academy Trilogy

Hope this will help you.

P.S. Youre not ignorant, "there is no ignorance, there is knowledge" (Second precept of the jedi code)

Moff Tarkin
The best EU books are the Thrawn books and the X-Wing Series... Read them first, then move on to I, Jedi, then the NJO then DN. that's what I did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.