If the bible is right, why does it always get re-written?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xyz revolution
And don't say it doesn't because it does.

Shakyamunison
laughing Not a signal Christian is going to touch this thread. laughing

xyz revolution
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing Not a signal Christian is going to touch this thread. laughing laughing

O Green World
Originally posted by xyz revolution
And don't say it doesn't because it does.

What on Chibi Planet are you on about? laughing

Ofcourse it's written in other ways but it isn't CHANGED, the stories are all still the same thing. It's written in other ways so people like you can understand it better.

I dun think it's a crime just to write a more simple version of the Bible... Do you?

xyz revolution
Originally posted by O Green World
What on Chibi Planet are you on about? laughing

Ofcourse it's written in other ways but it isn't CHANGED, the stories are all still the same thing. It's written in other ways so people like you can understand it better.

I dun think it's a crime just to write a more simple version of the Bible... Do you? It's not. The bible used to say slavery was good. Thou shalt not shave thy beard on the sabbath day. It still doesn't say that does it?

=Mysta=-kILL
thats why there is Old Testement and New Testement.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by =Mysta=-kILL
thats why there is Old Testement and New Testement.

I don't thank that is the reason. no

O Green World
It's not. The bible used to say slavery was good. Thou shalt not shave thy beard on the sabbath day. It still doesn't say that does it?

Haha, I do believe there are still versions of the old bible left, and i think you'll find they won't say that, otherwise it would have gotten out ages ago.

leonheartmm
the bible is words, written by men, nuthing more, the reason it always gets reprinted is because with the developing individualism, freedom of thought and scientific understanding, those original words constantly have to be reinvented/deleted/substituted and their meaning changed to not OBVIOUSLY go against everything the new world stands for. youll also find that the more developed and liberal an area is, the more liberal, non literal the translation of the bible gets while in places with little contacts and lotsa red necks with multiple wives it remains quite primitive with the literal meanig being taught without much fear of rebellion.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the bible is words, written by men, nuthing more, the reason it always gets reprinted is because with the developing individualism, freedom of thought and scientific understanding, those original words constantly have to be reinvented/deleted/substituted and their meaning changed to not OBVIOUSLY go against everything the new world stands for. youll also find that the more developed and liberal an area is, the more liberal, non literal the translation of the bible gets while in places with little contacts and lotsa red necks with multiple wives it remains quite primitive with the literal meanig being taught without much fear of rebellion.

I agree, but did you have to through the multiple wives in there? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

xyz revolution
Haha, I do believe there are still versions of the old bible left, and i think you'll find they won't say that, otherwise it would have gotten out ages ago. do/did you pay attention in school?

O Green World
do/did you pay attention in school?

Why? I only asked a dedicated christian about it.... And she says that in most churches there are bibles that are almost as old as when they were first made, and they haven't changed atall.

And btw:
1. I didn't pay much attention in RE...
2. i am a christian

Shakyamunison
do/did you pay attention in school?

I think he was home schooled. cool

O Green World
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I think he was home schooled. cool

laughing I wish

xyz revolution
Why? I only asked a dedicated christian about it.... And she says that in most churches there are bibles that are almost as old as when they were first made, and they haven't changed atall.

And btw:
1. I didn't pay much attention in RE...
2. i am a christian you'll believe anything if it's in a church won't you? laughing

and btw...

1. Why?
2. Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.