Darth Revan vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark-Kenshin
Revan wins IMO.

Lets here some arguments.

PS: PIS is irrelevant to this discussion, since we all know that was only created as a cheap excuse. Unless it's extreme, it counts.

vpokdekjyafmidp
superman knocks that litle pussy ass mutha****a the **** out

Sixth_Winged
Superman kicks him to the sun before revan's brain could even register it.

The Fake Macoy
No where has Revan shown that he can be anywhere near to dealing with Superman.

vpokdekjyafmidp
revan has nothing

Dark-Kenshin
Revan has force mastery, and is pretty much the most powerful Jedi/Sith of all time. He defeated Darth Malak, who had been empowered by the entire star forge(power that is devastating, and limitless).

kamikz
LMAO. Revan is far from the most powerful force user ever.

Dark-Kenshin
Explain

Femi32
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Superman kicks him to the sun before revan's brain could even register it.

Hell Knight
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Explain

Can Revan's mastery of the force match up to..

DE Sidious?
Exar Kun?
Lord Simus?
Marka Rangos?
Ajunta Pall?
Yoda?

I think not.

Dark-Kenshin
He is more than a match for the new aged force wielders, but as far as Exar Kun and Marka Ragnos and Ajunta Pall, I'm not sure how they match up to the Star Forge. However, in Jedi Academy, Marka Ragnos combined with Tavion got beaten by some no named Jedi who struggled against Boba Fett. So I wouldn't go so far as to claim he is that great.

The reason I find Revan to be so powerful is because he defeated his former apprentice combined with a power capable of producing limitless war machines, power, etc on his own. Yes, Malak had clearly stated that. Also, his force knowledge is mastery, considering that he can call upon techniques that derive from either side of the force.

Also, we here Kreia explain his power and his personality in KOTOR 2.

Sixth_Winged
It was Marka Ragnos ghost.....which was put there to job against the protagonist. If it was a whole body marka ragnos, he'd totally whup Revan....well ok maybe just speculation too.

But as far as this match is concerned, unless Revan is packing faster than light reflexes, he'd get kicked to the sun before he can react.

MadMel
exactly, superman can go beyond lightspeed. revan wont have a chance..

Sixth_Winged
We all know Revan's biggest disadvantage at this match is his durability and speed. Unless his physical state can survive a >100 ton battering force going at the minimum of several machs and not explode like a watermelon in this scenario, he can't really have an advantage here of any kind.

kamikz
He is more than a match for the new aged force wielders, but as far as Exar Kun and Marka Ragnos and Ajunta Pall, I'm not sure how they match up to the Star Forge. However, in Jedi Academy, Marka Ragnos combined with Tavion got beaten by some no named Jedi who struggled against Boba Fett. So I wouldn't go so far as to claim he is that great.

The reason I find Revan to be so powerful is because he defeated his former apprentice combined with a power capable of producing limitless war machines, power, etc on his own. Yes, Malak had clearly stated that. Also, his force knowledge is mastery, considering that he can call upon techniques that derive from either side of the force.

Also, we here Kreia explain his power and his personality in KOTOR 2.

If you want some info, please check out the Star Wars vs forum. Revan is far from the most powerful. Defeating Malak is only a feat which is almost completly useless. Malak could mabey match or be a little beyond Dooku but that's it.
Mara Ragnos would pwn Revan into infinity. That was Marka Ragnos ghost who was in Tavions body (who is totally weak), he haden't practised his skills for over milleniums, and could only use Tavion's powers.

If you think defeating Malak on the Star Forge is a big deal then you don't know very much. Sure it's great when comparing the lesser guys, but when the big guys come in it's nothing.

NJO Luke would pwn him.
Exar Kun would pwn him.
Ragnos would pwn him.
Every other acient sith we know of would pwn him.
DE Sidious would fry him.

Revan is up there, but he is still nowhere near these guys.

About the match, if a laser blast in Star Wars moves in the speed of light, then Revan would be capable of hitting Superman when he flew against him. His pre-cog, who was incredible, could make him sense what he's gonna do next, and then parry it.
I don't know if Superman can resist a lightsaber or not. But Supes takes this anyway. Revan might hold out for a little while, but he won't defeat him.

Dark-Kenshin
The plot in the game was as follows: Tavion goes from planet to planet absorbing force energy, enough to match Ragnos's, and bring him back. She was successful. I really don't see what difference it makes, body or not. Ragnos had already become one with the force long ago. Considering the amount of knowledge capable of being aquired over that time, he could more than likely be considered more powerful, than when he was alive.

As for the point about the Star Forge, it's power is superior to the valley of the jedi(which is strong enough to give a non force adept complete access to the force). Now I admit, my SW knowledge has become a bit rusty over the years, so I'm not sure how he'd compare to Exar Kun or Adjunta Pal, but I definately know Luke, Sidious, Dooku, and even Vader, would get royally pwned by Revan. Maybe even at the same time. For what little knowledge of the force they have portrayed in the movies, books, and comics, it doesn't come close to Revan's force mastery(cheap point, I know, but it still counts). What issue was Exar Kun defeated in btw?

As for Superman, Lightsabers are capable of cutting through doors within the range of megatons and gigatons(easily above 1000).

Force speed followed by Force stasis followed by Force armor, Force storm, followed by battle meditation, followed by a few well placed slices from his lightsaber, and supes is toast.

Now I can already predict the argument against this, so ahead of time, I implore you to tell me how Supes would be resistant to the force, assuming that the Lazers in the SW universe move at the speed of light.

vpokdekjyafmidp

As for Superman, Lightsabers are capable of cutting through doors within the range of megatons and gigatons(easily above 1000).

Force speed followed by Force stasis followed by Force armor, Force storm, followed by battle meditation, followed by a few well placed slices from his lightsaber, and supes is toast.

Now I can already predict the argument against this, so ahead of time, I implore you to tell me how Supes would be resistant to the force, assuming that the Lazers in the SW universe move at the speed of light.

well it doesnt really matter how much the door weighs, its what the door is made out of. and the thickness.

there is no force speed, and superman is way faster, stronger, and an overall better hand to hand fighter than revan.

Sixth_Winged
The plot in the game was as follows: Tavion goes from planet to planet absorbing force energy, enough to match Ragnos's, and bring him back. She was successful. I really don't see what difference it makes, body or not. Ragnos had already become one with the force long ago. Considering the amount of knowledge capable of being aquired over that time, he could more than likely be considered more powerful, than when he was alive.

i have that game..

He's not one with the force. In fact, he needs to siphon force from almost every source abundant with it so he can be ressurected. If he was one with the force, he could've just created a body for himself and not require Tavion to do his dirty work for him. And his spirit is in corriban all that time till Tavion manage to discover his body.

Dude, the range of the cutting doors are not in gigatons or higly doubtful in megatons. That calculations has been literally exaggerated by a another Star Wars forum we all know (i don't have to mention the name cause it might spark trolls). And lightsaber cutting through them required time as seen in the phantom menace.

Force speed doesn't grant you speed to go at lightspeed
Force stasis.......laughing you really think superman is gonna be caught by this?
Force armor isn't going to survive anything superman can dish
Force storm is slow as hell, by the time he's finished with it, superman is already .01 seconds from tearing him limb from limb

Unless he's speed can go faster than light, all of this is null.

Because Superman is on another scale from any force wielder you could mention. Superman's has resisted multiple hundreds of nuclear explosions unphased, has fought gods, etc. Do you really think anyone in SW can really harm him in a no prep match? Just because you have mastery of the force doesn't mean you're gonna win against every opponent who doesn't have it.

vpokdekjyafmidp
xactly

thegmeister53
Originally posted by Hell Knight
Can Revan's mastery of the force match up to..

DE Sidious?
Exar Kun?
Lord Simus?
Marka Rangos?
Ajunta Pall?
Yoda?

I think not.

Sorry, Kamikz, I have to side with Kenshin on this one. sad
But before I say anything else, superman would wipe the floor with him. big grin
Revan would be probably be able to defeat Sidious, Yoda, and Luke. As we learned from the movies and the games the jedi and sith of the movies are nowhere near as powerful as the ancient jedi and sith. In episode II Yoda and Mace Windu even discuss revealing to the Senate how their ability to use the force has diminished.

And in KOTOR II if you approach Tulak Hord's tomb, Kreia comments that "if you were to fight an ancient sith, you would find that we are as children with lightsabers." So while Sidious may be powerful, I doubt that he would have any real advantage against Revan. Kreia also says that staring into Revan's eyes was like staring into the heart of the force, that's how powerful he was. Yoda also would not compare because of his diminished ability to use the force, and Luke Skywalker wasn't even properly trained as a jedi.

But Ajunta Pall, being the first ever recorded Sith Lord, would most likely kick Revan's ass. As would Ragnos. Exar Kun is a little tricky though. They are both from the same era so their force capabilities are on par with each, but Exar Kun was the first to use a double bladed lightsaber and to levitate lightsabers.

Hack Benjamin
I hate these Superman vs *insert jedi here* threads..

Revan seems to me like a ripoff of Vader, assuming he's as strong with the Force as Vader, he may hold a chance at defeating Supes cause of several possibilities.

#1: The Force showed him this fight would happen, and he prepared by searching for kryptonite (which can take on crystaline form) and equiping it into the main phasom to his lightsaber so that when he wielded it, it released krptonite radiation and would serve as an increddible weapon against Superman. But this is a big if, considering The Force would have to tell Revan an awful lot, and that's giving Revan prep time which isn't fair.

#2: He could use The Force to drive Supes mad, not impossible, but probably not convient, as Superman is not the type of guy you want to expriement on and risk killing everybody.

#3: Peirce his inner-most soul and try to tempt Superman to the darkside, this could work, hell, even without The Force in several other-worlds Supes has fallen prone to the neo-fascist train of thought. However, this wouldn't mean Revan would live, just because the darkness wins, doesn't mean Revan does..

And #4: Use Force-Kill or some other insta-death Force power. But this too is highly unlikely, because Supes heart stopping? Don't see that happening, his lungs imploding over the telekinetic weight of Revan's mind? Not if he's truly the man of steel. Fireballs and lightning bolts? Comeon..

Superman is in a league of his own, Revan might give Supes a hard time at first, but nothing Superman hasn't handled before, Revan, and all jedi for that matter, would lose. Less ofcourse Revan can use The Force to leave Superman a vegetable, but stastics are in Superman's favour..

DarthBanevv
Super Man is not so great. Didn't he lose to Bat Man? (who I would consider on par or less powerful than Jango Fett.)

MadMel
batman has a kryptonite ring.....and the writing of those kinda fights is terrible.
superman would pwn revan, it doesnt matter how good a force user revan is. superman has gone beyond lightspeed. that means that he can effortlessly do 7 laps of earth in 1 second. if the fighters were 100 meters apart, superman can do 5 laps to show off, kill revan by slamming into him on his 6th and do a final victory lap...all in 1 second...and thats if supes just wants to show off, which he rarely does...

DarthBanevv
I thought the Flash beat him in a race, though.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Hack Benjamin
I hate these Superman vs *insert jedi here* threads..

#1: The Force showed him this fight would happen, and he prepared by searching for kryptonite (which can take on crystaline form) and equiping it into the main phasom to his lightsaber so that when he wielded it, it released krptonite radiation and would serve as an increddible weapon against Superman. But this is a big if, considering The Force would have to tell Revan an awful lot, and that's giving Revan prep time which isn't fair.

Problem is there is no such a thing in a no prep match. It's basically the two people are drop instantly in the battlefield without time to prepare. All they had is common knowledge about each other and had to make due with that.

#2: He could use The Force to drive Supes mad, not impossible, but probably not convient, as Superman is not the type of guy you want to expriement on and risk killing everybody.

He could do that ala max lord....but it would take years considering just how resistant he is to telepathy along with the fact that he could reach him and pound him till he is crap faster than his brain could register any sort of action.

#3: Peirce his inner-most soul and try to tempt Superman to the darkside, this could work, hell, even without The Force in several other-worlds Supes has fallen prone to the neo-fascist train of thought. However, this wouldn't mean Revan would live, just because the darkness wins, doesn't mean Revan does..

Many many people have done that and afaik no one has ever succeded, even blaze the queen of hell couldn't do it. What is the neo-fascist train of thougth anyway?

Superman is in a league of his own, Revan might give Supes a hard time at first, but nothing Superman hasn't handled before, Revan, and all jedi for that matter, would lose. Less ofcourse Revan can use The Force to leave Superman a vegetable, but stastics are in Superman's favour..

I agree but not with the last one unless he had massive amounts of powerup like some kyron crystals, the star forge, valley of the jedi power up, etc.

MadMel
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
I thought the Flash beat him in a race, though.
WAlly West can go WAY beyond lightspeed, he is faster than supes if they're on foot..its hard to compare to supe's flying but..

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by MadMel
WAlly West can go WAY beyond lightspeed, he is faster than supes if they're on foot..its hard to compare to supe's flying but.. I see.

Dark-Kenshin
Ok, I see your point. However, what about his swordsman skills? As someone has already pointed out, the ancient sith saber skills make the later sith look like children. Jaden was already outmatched in terms of force powers, yet his lightsaber abilities(from only a couple of missions of training) proved to be the reason Ragnos was defeated. If Revan is not more powerful than Ragnos in terms of force powers, than it is certainly in terms of lightsaber skills, which was all that was needed to defeat the washed up sith lord in the first place.

I hate to admit it, but it's simply speculation to say whether the lightsaber would prove effective to Superman or not. We have not seen it's limits, though cortosis proves to slow it down a little. But for the sake of this matchup, lets say the lightsaber does work against Superman.

Speaking of such, I see you insist on the speedblitz argument, hence Superman charging Revan at the speed of light. Well if we're going to go by those rules, with having Supes at his best, then it's only fair to have Revan at his best as well. As the Emperor said in Episode 6, "I have forseen it". Revan's best is seeing into the future. The Jedi not using it as much in the movies is PIS, but so is Superman not speedblitzing. In any versus fight involving a jedi, prep time is automatic, if we are going by both characters at their best. It has been proven that Superman can only fight at mach speeds, since moving at speeds much higher while attempting to actually fight is too difficult. So if he decides to use the speed blitz, and ends up missing, he'd be left wide open for an attack. Supes could come in at his fastest, yet Revan would still know where and when to dodge. So that elimates any speed blitz argument.

Now Superman moving at mach speeds is a different story, since predicting movements by widely seeing into the future will be far more complicated, than simply knowing the one time to dodge. My counter to Superman fighting at mach speed is simply Jedi being capable of deflecting projectiles moving at light speed.

Lightspeed> Mach Speed. Now, lets see you refute that.

Dark-Kenshin
The force is not telekinesis though(max lord argument out of the question). True, the mind has alot to do with it, but it's simply the mind manipulating the universal energy: The force.

MadMel
u dont get it do ya....jedi/sith/forceusers cannot go lightspeed. the objects that go for them do not move at lightspeed. superman does, he will pwn revan before his brain can think "oh crap" before hes a splat on supes' fist. precog isnt an issue if the person isnt fast enough to even begin to think of dodging a lightspeed attack...

kamikz
Except if the laser blast that comes in against normal jedi are moving at the speed of light, and they parry wave after wave with blasts, and Revan had one of the best pre-cogs ever (yes, it was proved in Kotor) he should be able to slash up Supes.

Sixth_Winged
Ok, I see your point. However, what about his swordsman skills? As someone has already pointed out, the ancient sith saber skills make the later sith look like children. Jaden was already outmatched in terms of force powers, yet his lightsaber abilities(from only a couple of missions of training) proved to be the reason Ragnos was defeated. If Revan is not more powerful than Ragnos in terms of force powers, than it is certainly in terms of lightsaber skills, which was all that was needed to defeat the washed up sith lord in the first place.

Thing is, even granted he is the best swordsman in SWU, his lightsaber couldn't hope to pierce or do damage to superman unless he just stand there like a stone while revan points his lightsaber in his body ala phantom menace where Quigon was doing it to the blast door.

I hate to admit it, but it's simply speculation to say whether the lightsaber would prove effective to Superman or not. We have not seen it's limits, though cortosis proves to slow it down a little. But for the sake of this matchup, lets say the lightsaber does work against Superman.

Well if the lightsaber did work on Superman, he'd stand as much chance as anyone with his speed to make contact with supes.

Speaking of such, I see you insist on the speedblitz argument, hence Superman charging Revan at the speed of light. Well if we're going to go by those rules, with having Supes at his best, then it's only fair to have Revan at his best as well. As the Emperor said in Episode 6, "I have forseen it". Revan's best is seeing into the future. The Jedi not using it as much in the movies is PIS, but so is Superman not speedblitzing. In any versus fight involving a jedi, prep time is automatic, if we are going by both characters at their best. It has been proven that Superman can only fight at mach speeds, since moving at speeds much higher while attempting to actually fight is too difficult. So if he decides to use the speed blitz, and ends up missing, he'd be left wide open for an attack. Supes could come in at his fastest, yet Revan would still know where and when to dodge. So that elimates any speed blitz argument.

Dude, let me make myself clear about the speedblitz argument; I hate it. Almost every DC fight in the Comic versus thread revolves around it. That isn't to say of course, it doesn't exists and those DC fanboys are completely in the wrong.

Now you've mentioned forseeing his attack. But do you honestly think Revan could hope to do damage to superman by catching him with the lightsaber even assuming he is fast enough, i think not. He is basically left out of option here since almost 100% would prove ineffective against the Kryptonian skin.

Now Superman moving at mach speeds is a different story, since predicting movements by widely seeing into the future will be far more complicated, than simply knowing the one time to dodge. My counter to Superman fighting at mach speed is simply Jedi being capable of deflecting projectiles moving at light speed.

Have you ever seen the sonic booms he can do just by passing near you. He basically killed a guy without knowing when he was going moderately fast. In this match, where everyone's going all out. He simply wouldn't go with a few mach speeds. His capable of lightspeed with his flight you know. What would revan do if he did, he ain't capable of blocking his punch with his fist unlike Vader doing to a laser projectile.

Lightspeed> Mach Speed. Now, lets see you refute that.

Why would i? The argument against Revan basically revolves around it.

kamikz
Just so you know, Revan is far from the best swordsman in the Star Wars Universe (well mabey not hugley far but he is not the best) ........just wanted to say that.

Femi32
Superman can only fight at mach speed? Where does it say this?

He punched WW from the sun to the earth in under a minute.

MadMel
yeah, common....u seriously cannot think superman, with thousands of years experience (thanks to time travel) could lose to one jedi/sith. lightspeed, strength, heat vision hotter than stars, insane durability make superman way too much for revan..heatvision is one thing i left out..

thegmeister53
Originally posted by kamikz
Just so you know, Revan is far from the best swordsman in the Star Wars Universe (well mabey not hugley far but he is not the best) ........just wanted to say that.

Kamikz, don't ignore my arguments. mad

stick out tongue

kamikz
LOL, as I said I only wanted to say that. stick out tongue

ChaoticReign
Ok, everyone here seems to hate speed blitz so I'll use a different arguement. Superman just hovers there doing absolutely nothing. Revan then attacks whether it be a force ability or a lightsaber strike. Before the attack is finished he is instantly incinerated. End of fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.