Exodus vs. Kon-EL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Exodus

vs

Kon-El (Superboy)

who wins!?? cool

soleran30
Here yeah go Speedblitz knocks Exodus back into his hole in the ground where X-man left him.

LordKaos
He has erected one of his powerful nigh impenetrable tk shields to take the brunt of the hit and climbs out the hole ready to fight.

Khellendros
Superboy is just a fast moving snack to an psychic/life energy drainer like Exodus.

soleran30
hey I am just producing scenariossmile Another one is to fly as high as possible and just super vision exodus shield and cook him in his own shield.

Cuz if QS can put down exodus he's in for trouble with Kon

Marcus4600
Superboy tries to speedblitz, and Exodus makes him think he's a baby.

soleran30
speed>thought

Crease
If written correctly, Exodus would be plotting to take rule earth, ala magneto, doom, apocolypse, etc...Kon El goes down hard. A psionic of Exodus's caliber won't be defeated by a non-psionic, non cosmic without pis/cis.

soleran30
to bad he isn't though he has jobbed to everyone! So based on shwoings he jobs to Kon el

Crease
true...

spetznaz
Marcus 4600: "Superboy tries to speedblitz, and Exodus makes him think he's a baby."

Khellendros: "Superboy is just a fast moving snack to an psychic/life energy drainer like Exodus."

Lord Kaos: "He has erected one of his powerful nigh impenetrable tk shields to take the brunt of the hit and climbs out the hole ready to fight."

Every now and then a thread comes up that can be easily proven without the need for much effort.
Exodus will lose .....and for 2 reasons:

1) He jobs to everyone and their granny (which is weird since Exodus is one of the truly powerful mutants out there, but he constantly seems to fall short).
2) Superboy is too fast for him (based on some of Exodus' showings).

Here are some pics to prove this (just substitue Quicksilver for Superboy):

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/4605/quicksilvervsexodus025lo.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8858/quicksilvervsexodus036vt.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6602/quicksilvervsexodus049ku.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/3599/quicksilvervsexodus053pn.jpg

Sadly (and I really mean that since I feel quite bad about how Marvel has turned Exodus into a jobber) ....anyways, sadly Exodus will literally get owned/pwned/however-you-wanna-spell-it by Superboy.

That simple.

Darth Kal-El
Kon-El wins. i mean if quicksilver with that isotope e can defeat exodus. then Kon-El can do it.

GODSCRIBE
Actually when Exodus isn't jobbing, he's achieved....

"a) taking the Genoshan mutates' hatred of humans and amplifying it, making them fight more

b) crushing all of Genosha under a force field

c) trapping Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Crystal and Jean Grey in another force field, while d) preventing them from moving or using their powers e) protecting himself from all attacks and f) putting a beating on the X-Men AND the Avengers."

LordKaos
Since this is not a comic book and is a versus forum he'll never be jobbing he'll be using his powers to the fullest and no lame speedblitz is gonna be the end of him, you can't get cooked inside a nigh impenetrable force field the heat won't get in, and the time it would take to get in (if it could) would be more than enough time for Exodus to do all kinds of telepathic things.

soleran30
Originally posted by LordKaos
Since this is not a comic book and is a versus forum he'll never be jobbing he'll be using his powers to the fullest and no lame speedblitz is gonna be the end of him, you can't get cooked inside a nigh impenetrable force field the heat won't get in, and the time it would take to get in (if it could) would be more than enough time for Exodus to do all kinds of telepathic things.

who is trying to penetrate the force field? Just create enough heat that it is transfered to the inside kinda like a microwave ovensmile

Not to mention Kon is faster then a normal persons thoughts travel...............................he can punch his head off.

LordKaos
it won't be like a microwave telekinetic fields are very specific about what they let in, Exodus is not normal he's a telepath on par with Xaiver and Grey.

soleran30
I mean nerve impulses only travel so quickly and Kon travels faster then "normal" human thought. Anyway full powered exodus should win hell I even fought for him in another thread recently he just jobs.........Kon has TK high crazy high lvl tk in marvel universe phoenix high tk (not really just higher then mutants) He has a chance to crush Exodus if fast enough otherwise I agree the big smoosh

hoorayforpeepee
exodus has to be at least the speed of thought, just because he's a telepath. and isn't the speed of thought in the thousands of miles per minute category?

soleran30
no

LordKaos
there are theories as to how fast the speed of thought actually is, point blank you can't calculate it, in reality you can have a thousand thoughts in one second with time to spare. Of course only one thought will stand out but it can't honestly be measured since thoughts are intangible in the most literal sense of the word.

soleran30
there are theories as to how fast the speed of thought actually is, point blank you can't calculate it, in reality you can have a thousand thoughts in one second with time to spare. Of course only one thought will stand out but it can't honestly be measured since thoughts are intangible in the most literal sense of the word.

There are realities to how fast thoughts transfer to reaction time. Now I will not look them up..............maybe you should me me them yourself. One thousand Thoughts~! Are you talking about conscious thoughts cuz I call DUTCH (no) Since QS can dodge Exodus telepathy control I know Kon can and his TK in DC universe is ridiculous compared to exodus.............

LordKaos
you cannot dodge telepathy just like you can't dodge a spell that is designed for you, you can resist it but dodge it how can that happen? look that up as well while your at it.

soleran30
why don't you just go back and look at the QS pics provided on this topic, thanks in advance.

spetznaz

1) There is no 'theory' on the 'speed of thought.' There are, however, measurements on how quickly a nerve impulse is transferred (including the speed at which thought impulses move).

2) The speed of a nerve impulse (both myelinated and non-myelinated) have been calculated based on their action potential events.

In meters per second here are the rates of conductivity when it comes to humans:

- Thinking: 20-30 m/s
- extra-fast nerve action (eg reflex transmission to muscles): up to 119m/s
- touch: 76.2 m/s
- general pain (eg sore tooth): 0.61m/s (which is still fast since that is like 2 feet per second)

I don't know where you got your 'theory on the speed of thought' and its calculatory impossibility since all that has been standardized for the last 4 decades (if not longer than that ....the earliest study I could get my hands on was from the 1960s and the latest from 2002, but probably this is older than that) through measurements on how fast nerve fibers conduct.
Oh, please elaborate on these 'theories on the speed of thought' that you mentioned. I am curious about them (that is, if they do indeed exist).

LordKaos
there are no such theories save the ones given in this and other sci-fi forums, science cannot even distinguish whether the brain and mind are the same or two different things altogether. Use what terms you will a nerve impulse is not the same as the thought that causes said nerves to fire off to begin with. It all comes down to science versus philosophy and to date when the domain of human psyche and spirit are concerned neither have a clue.

spetznaz
there are no such theories save the ones given in this and other sci-fi forums, science cannot even distinguish whether the brain and mind are the same or two different things altogether. Use what terms you will a nerve impulse is not the same as the thought that causes said nerves to fire off to begin with. It all comes down to science versus philosophy and to date when the domain of human psyche and spirit are concerned neither have a clue.

Oh, ok.
So what you are saying is that your 'theories' stemmed from the KMC and 'other sci-fi forums' (in other words non-existent in areas outside the KMC and 'other sci-fi forums'), and that what medical biology has shown to be the case is of no substance?
Hmmm, alright.

You also talk about science versus philosophy, and the 'domain of human pysche and spirit' with neither having a clue.
Fine and well (and true), particularly when one is talking about the 'human psyche and spirit,' but when it comes to biology and the human brain I'm pretty certain that medical science takes the driver's seat.
Now, in 'sci-fi forums' debate is open on whether the universe is a multi-verse, whether time-travel is a viable proposition, whether there is an 'idea-pool' that people can tap into for inspiration, the 100-monkey theory, Yetis in the Himalayas and Sasquatch in British Columbia, and other various 'theories' that tap into a medley of metaphysics, pseudo-science, peyote-induced deliriums, and abstract philosophical conundrums.
But stuff that has been proven as scientific and medical fact is another story.

Now, disprove the rates of transmissions I gave and you would quite likely garner a Nobel prize. Guaranteed.
However I suspect they might want more evidence than what you gleaned from 'sci-fi forums.'

hoorayforpeepee
oh...my...OWNED!

except for this: spetz is speaking practically, the practical limits of thought, whereas the other dude is just talking about the thought itself.

LordKaos
thinking in terms of biology in regards to beings that are beyond biology is as futile as my ability to garner any prize. There is a distinct connection between mind and body (the brain being a part of the body) where that connection begins and ends has not been established, therefore you cannot compare ones ability to outrace a fired neuron to something as intangible as a thought. If you put your hand on something hot your thoughts give you enough time to move your hand before getting damaged, but the nerves responsible for pain are hit a little later in the nanoseconds but not immediately, immediate response to move the hand happens because you already knew it was hot to begin with. It has also been demonstrated that one can suppress the nerve impulses responsible for pain with thoughts. Action follows thought, no matter how instinctual the action, since instincts are little more than thoughts that happen on a subconscious level, so in order to move faster than thought one would have to be speaking exclusively about coherent thoughts which have no distinction in the case of telepath.

spetznaz
thinking in terms of biology in regards to beings that are beyond biology is as futile as my ability to garner any prize. There is a distinct connection between mind and body (the brain being a part of the body) where that connection begins and ends has not been established, therefore you cannot compare ones ability to outrace a fired neuron to something as intangible as a thought. If you put your hand on something hot your thoughts give you enough time to move your hand before getting damaged, but the nerves responsible for pain are hit a little later in the nanoseconds but not immediately, immediate response to move the hand happens because you already knew it was hot to begin with. It has also been demonstrated that one can suppress the nerve impulses responsible for pain with thoughts. Action follows thought, no matter how instinctual the action, since instincts are little more than thoughts that happen on a subconscious level, so in order to move faster than thought one would have to be speaking exclusively about coherent thoughts which have no distinction in the case of telepath.

You said the following:

'If you put your hand on something hot your thoughts give you enough time to move your hand before getting damaged, but the nerves responsible for pain are hit a little later in the nanoseconds but not immediately, immediate response to move the hand happens because you already knew it was hot to begin with.'

Now, what does that tell me ?
It tells me that you know not of something called reflex actions, and that you think that when someone touches a hot stove that it is one's 'thoughts' that give one 'enough time to move the hand before getting damaged.'

The truth of the matter is this. What happens is called a reflex action, and it has nothing to do with thoughts (or even the brain for that matter).

This is what happens when Lord Chaos touches a hot stove:

1) Your skin immediately registers the temperature spike (in other words: receptors in your skin register heat and pain stimuli)
2) Immediately something known as the NWR is triggered. The NWR is a type of escape reflex (in humans called the Nociceptive withdrawal reflex, hence NWR) whereby the impulses travel to your spinal cord (which is part of your central nervous system)
3) The moment it hits that it makes your flexors immediately jerk your hand away from the hot stove, thus staving off further damage.
4) As this is going on the message is travelling up to your brain, where it registers as pain. However, by the time those impulses get to the brain the reflex action has already occurred and already ended. In essence it is all over before your brain gets the message that your hand is getting grilled! Your brain only knows what happened when it is already over.

the purpose of the reflex action utilizing the spinal cord part of the CNS instead of the brain part of the CNS is because the body needs to IMMEDIATELY deal with the harmful stimuli.

In a nutshell: no 'thought' is involved.

the same process occurs if you prick your finger, or if you are leaning back on your chair and slip. By the time your mind is aware of what is going on the reflex action has already occured.

You also said that:
immediate response to move the hand happens because you already knew it was hot to begin with
This is also NOT the case.
The reflex action will happen whether or not you are looking at the stove or not.
Infact it can occur while you are sleeping.

Marcus4600
The Quicksilver fight was basically Exodus being an idiot. When he focuses, he's less of a jobber.

GODSCRIBE
Exactement!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.