doomsday vs Gladiator,Bullseye,Namor,The THing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jesserw21
who wins?

samishe
Originally posted by jesserw21
who wins?

Bullseye? Why the hell he's here?

grey fox
Originally posted by samishe
Bullseye? Why the hell he's here?

I was about to ask that very question confused

THE ULTIMATE
Only gladiator has achance but very few and it depends which domsday

Beam
the thing dies in 30 seconds flat.rendered limb from limb by doomy.

guy222
worthy thing/namor/kallark maybe too much for doomsday

chomperx9
WTF is bullseye gonna do ?

Zack Fair
ROFL@bullseye

mykke
CLEARLY bullseye solos..

In all seriousness thing and namor are pretty worthless as well, DD would in all likelyhood be to much for Gladiator

Diesldude
Doomsday kills them all in 30 seconds.

chomperx9
bullseye gets to use some batarangs. that should work

vansonbee
Gladiator pulls a Superman and team can finish off or distract during the timing

carver9
Gladiator solos this. If this is dos Doomsday, a planet busting punch wrecks him. Any other Doomsday would most likely beat Glads but it would be a hellava fight.

DickBlazer
Gladiator in top form would be a handful for even doomsday. The others throw in some jabs. Team wins if glad shows up

SamZED
Originally posted by chomperx9
WTF is bullseye gonna do ? See I asked that same question 5 years ago.

Tha C-Master
Old timer?

SamZED
Old profile. stick out tongue

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Doomsday would most likely beat Glads but it would be a hellava fight.

thumb up

I think that the team can BFR DD with a little bit luck. If it's not HP DD.

Cogito
DoS DD loses
HP DD wins

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Cogito
DoS DD loses
HP DD wins

DoS is actually the very first version and he evolved since then, even Rex was more powerful.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Diesldude
Doomsday kills them all in 30 seconds.

zopzop
Gladiator solos this. If this is dos Doomsday, a planet busting punch wrecks him. Any other Doomsday would most likely beat Glads but it would be a hellava fight.

thumb up

I agree, if it's DoS DD, then Gladiator got this.

Endless Mike

Why are you assuming that it's the weakest version of Doomsday by default?

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Why are you assuming that it's the weakest version of Doomsday by default?

I'm not referring to the weakest Doomsday, I'm referring to the current one. Not impressed at all. He is fighting Glads who has Kryptonian powers but doesn't hold back at all. He is getting curbed.

Brockalizer
Any version of Doomsday, except the weaker clones, would stomp this team. He'd reduce Thing to rubble is just a few seconds, Bullseye would be useless, and Gladiators confidence would plummet after Doomsday shrugs off his best shots.

carver9
When was the last time Gladiator confidence crumbled? Why didn't his confidence crumble when he was facing Tyrant or Supreme?

Omega Vision
Doomsday.

Even the weakest Doomsday would still give Glads a hell of a fight if not beat him outright.

Edit: Gladiator's confidence effecting his showings is basically a forum myth.

Most of the time when he gets owned there's no indication he wasn't fully confident, ditto for his higher showings.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Doomsday.

Even the weakest Doomsday would still give Glads a hell of a fight if not beat him outright.

Edit: Gladiator's confidence effecting his showings is basically a forum myth.

Most of the time when he gets owned there's no indication he wasn't fully confident, ditto for his higher showings.

When did he get owned?

psycho gundam
this reminds me: who wants a sig like mindset's to troll carver?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/jahf1.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/jahf2.jpg

evil face

Harbinger
Honestly can't see DOS DD giving Kallark a fight (particularly given that that version of Doomsday was put down by sheer brute force), unless you think Glads and DOS Supes--a far weaker version of current Supes--are roughly equals. I wouldn't put Glads at current Supes's level, but I wouldn't say he's as weak as DOS Supes, either.

h1a8
Originally posted by Harbinger
Honestly can't see DOS DD giving Kallark a fight (particularly given that that version of Doomsday was put down by sheer brute force), unless you think Glads and DOS Supes--a far weaker version of current Supes--are roughly equals. I wouldn't put Glads at current Supes's level, but I wouldn't say he's as weak as DOS Supes, either.

Well he does have some weak feats, like going toe to toe with Colossus and being koed by Sue's forcefield. But IMO Glads (at his best) is stronger than that Superman.

Mindset
Superman has weak showings too, so what was the point of bringing Gladiator's up?

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Superman has weak showings too, so what was the point of bringing Gladiator's up? Many here are using the average to make decisions.

As far as high feats I would say that DOS Superman is comparable to Glads since he physically killed a being who, when much weaker, physically killed thousands of GL's

carver9
Gladiator is being lowballed here. For someone that can punch the head off of a Phoenix, he is being underestimated.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Harbinger
Honestly can't see DOS DD giving Kallark a fight (particularly given that that version of Doomsday was put down by sheer brute force), unless you think Glads and DOS Supes--a far weaker version of current Supes--are roughly equals. I wouldn't put Glads at current Supes's level, but I wouldn't say he's as weak as DOS Supes, either. I don't argue that Gladiator is stronger than DoS Superman, but he is not powerful enough to 1,2, or even 20 shot Doomsday. It took Superman all day to take Doomsday down and he had two significant advantages A. The JLA was there to lend a hand and B. the intensity and strength of Supermans attacks were increasing the longer they went and the more desperate things got. Gladiator doesn't work that way. After Doomsday shrugs off a half dozen or so of Kallarks (gradually weakening) punches his confidence would drop just like it did against Cannonball. Once that happens he's screwed.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Many here are using the average to make decisions.

As far as high feats I would say that DOS Superman is comparable to Glads since he physically killed a being who, when much weaker, physically killed thousands of GL's

That version of Superman got koed by an exploding gas station.

h1a8
That version of Superman got koed by an exploding gas station. And?

BUSTER1
And?

And......it would take a hell of a lot more than an exploding gas station to KO Gladiator. DoS Superman was way weaker than most versions. I give the team every chance agains DoS Doomsday.
If they take on HP Doomsday it would be a different matter. I don't really know that much about that version, but I can see from the posts of people who do know, that he is a real beast.

Cogito
I'm not referring to the weakest Doomsday, I'm referring to the current one. Not impressed at all. He is fighting Glads who has Kryptonian powers but doesn't hold back at all. He is getting curbed.

Supes does not hold back against DD. To say otherwise is lunacy.

Originally posted by BUSTER1
And......it would take a hell of a lot more than an exploding gas station to KO Gladiator.

No version of Superman written in the past 60 years should be knocked out by a gas station, barring a Superman-hating jackass at the helm (I don't actually know who wrote that issue)

Harbinger
That was Byrne era Superman that got KOed by the exploding gas station.

iceman24567
Any version other than DOS destroys Gladz and easily at that

carver9
Glads put up a fight against HP bit lose in the end.

h1a8
Originally posted by BUSTER1
And......it would take a hell of a lot more than an exploding gas station to KO Gladiator. DoS Superman was way weaker than most versions. I give the team every chance agains DoS Doomsday.
If they take on HP Doomsday it would be a different matter. I don't really know that much about that version, but I can see from the posts of people who do know, that he is a real beast. Of course he would. He got koed by Sue's forcefield.

It's called inflation. Superman was not that much weaker it's just the inflation of feats to compete with rival comic companies force Superman to do. The reason we know this is because a weaker version DD than the DOS version killed thousands of GL. Superman beat a DD that was even stronger than that DD.

Also the point of my 'and?' was that his statement was irrelevant since my entire point is that Glads have low feats and he was only using the planet busting feat as a minimum of how he would hit DD. I can agree with that but he is the same poster that tries to average feats out. So I caught him being hypocritical. That was the point of my 'and?' Next time you should let the person who the question is being asked to reply. Otherwise you risk spoiling traps for them.

SuperiorTech
Of course he would. He got koed by Sue's forcefield.

When?

BUSTER1

It's called inflation. Superman was not that much weaker it's just the inflation of feats to compete with rival comic companies force Superman to do. The reason we know this is because a weaker version DD than the DOS version killed thousands of GL. Superman beat a DD that was even stronger than that DD.

Also the point of my 'and?' was that his statement was irrelevant since my entire point is that Glads have low feats and he was only using the planet busting feat as a minimum of how he would hit DD. I can agree with that but he is the same poster that tries to average feats out. So I caught him being hypocritical. That was the point of my 'and?' Next time you should let the person who the question is being asked to reply. Otherwise you risk spoiling traps for them.

I NEED NO TRAPS Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

carver9

When did Gladiator get koed by Sue forcefield? I remember him punching through Sue Forcefield until she passed out.

This statement right here proves that you know next to nothing about the characters you debate about or for. I'll be wait for that scan or issue number.

guy222
team wins here

h1a8
When did Gladiator get koed by Sue forcefield? I remember him punching through Sue Forcefield until she passed out.

This statement right here proves that you know next to nothing about the characters you debate about or for. I'll be wait for that scan or issue number.

It happened on one of his first encounters with FF4. Someone knowledgeable on which issues it occurred in should let you know. Maybe it's in Sue's respect thread.

h1a8
Originally posted by guy222
team wins here Not against HP DD.

zopzop
It happened on one of his first encounters with FF4. Someone knowledgeable on which issues it occurred in should let you know. Maybe it's in Sue's respect thread.

So you got no proof, you can't quote the issue, and you are relying on something you saw somewhere maybe in a respect thread? confused

Not against HP DD.

Which poster in this thread even suggested something like this?

Eternal Idol
Doomsday has never been killed by a toothpick before.

Bullseye solos.

SuperiorTech
This seems to be what he is talking about course he seemed to have left out a few things.

http://thumbnails29.imagebam.com/14102/ac8961141016939.jpg http://thumbnails11.imagebam.com/14102/09504f141016940.jpg http://thumbnails54.imagebam.com/14102/321ea6141016942.jpg http://thumbnails44.imagebam.com/14102/fb2aaa141016943.jpg http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/14102/4bbbef141016944.jpg http://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/14102/bec667141016945.jpg

SuperiorTech
http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/14102/8c4b8b141016946.jpg http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/14102/4cf887141016947.jpg http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/14102/195d58141016948.jpg http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/14102/e52c7b141016950.jpg http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/14102/d94fbf141016951.jpg http://thumbnails49.imagebam.com/14102/7345dd141016952.jpg http://thumbnails42.imagebam.com/14102/bd346f141016953.jpg http://thumbnails33.imagebam.com/14102/0a86c2141016954.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by zopzop
So you got no proof, you can't quote the issue, and you are relying on something you saw somewhere maybe in a respect thread? confused

Which poster in this thread even suggested something like this? Why do I need proof? Everyone here knows that feat. It is the very reason why we know Glads power is based off his confidence. That issue made that fact exist. Try ff4 #249 or 250

carver9
Why do I need proof? Everyone here knows that feat. It is the very reason why we know Glads power is based off his confidence. That issue made that fact exist. Try ff4 #249 or 250

Because you don't know what you are talking about...that's why we need proof.

h1a8
Because you don't know what you are talking about...that's why we need proof. If I don't know what I'm talking about them why am I right?

zopzop
Because you don't know what you are talking about...that's why we need proof.

thumb up +1

D-Block
Originally posted by DickBlazer
Gladiator in top form would be a handful for even doomsday. The others throw in some jabs. Team wins if glad shows up

Agreed If Gladiator shows up DD got some serious trouble.

Legacy 59
Doomdays defeats the team. The only one with even a slight chance is Gladiator but when he hits Doomsday and see that it barely hurt him on the first punch his confidence will fall. As the battle continues Gladiator will become weaker and weaker as Doomsday gets stronger.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Legacy 59
Doomdays defeats the team. The only one with even a slight chance is Gladiator but when he hits Doomsday and see that it barely hurt him on the first punch his confidence will fall. As the battle continues Gladiator will become weaker and weaker as Doomsday gets stronger. That was my point exactly. Superman's strength isn't based on emotion like Gladiator or the Hulk, therefore his strength doesn't fluctuate in the same manner. When Superman battled Doomsday the first time Doomsday was able to ***** slap Superman and the JLA with literally one hand tied behind his back. Superman later admitted that he was holding back at the beginning of the fight, it wasn't until they got closer to Metropolis that he stopped holding back. Gladiator isn't the same. He would start out at full confidence, thinking that he'd easily handle "this lowly beast". After Doomsday isn't stopped by Gladiators first couple hits and is then has to take a few of Doomsday's punches then his confidence would plummet. There are very few people, hero or villain, below the Skyfather or Abstract level capable of one or even two-shotting Doomsday, even if it's DoS Doomsday, and Gladiator definitely isn't one of them. Sorry Carver, I hate to sh*t in your Wheaties.

carver9
Originally posted by Brockalizer
That was my point exactly. Superman's strength isn't based on emotion like Gladiator or the Hulk, therefore his strength doesn't fluctuate in the same manner. When Superman battled Doomsday the first time Doomsday was able to ***** slap Superman and the JLA with literally one hand tied behind his back. Superman later admitted that he was holding back at the beginning of the fight, it wasn't until they got closer to Metropolis that he stopped holding back. Gladiator isn't the same. He would start out at full confidence, thinking that he'd easily handle "this lowly beast". After Doomsday isn't stopped by Gladiators first couple hits and is then has to take a few of Doomsday's punches then his confidence would plummet. There are very few people, hero or villain, below the Skyfather or Abstract level capable of one or even two-shotting Doomsday, even if it's DoS Doomsday, and Gladiator definitely isn't one of them. Sorry Carver, I hate to sh*t in your Wheaties.

So why didn't his confidence drop against Tyrant?

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

I think we should keep in mind that Gladiator has been in plenty of fights where he hasn't conquered his opponents in a few shots. To my knowledge, he's only been depowered when he fails to take someone down that he completely and utterly should take down, like a Skrull imitating Reed Richards or a lowly X-Man like Cannonball. It's in those moments of utter flabbergasted shock where this weakness of his comes into play.

Brockalizer
So why didn't his confidence drop against Tyrant?
Because the writers knew that if they included that in the storyline then Tyrant wouldn't look as bad ass, duh.

carver9
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Because the writers knew that if they included that in the storyline then Tyrant wouldn't look as bad ass, duh.

But the problem is Gladiator has fought Masterson, Tyrant, Binary, Quasar, Rachel, Vulcan, Black Bolt, A Phoenix, Hyperion, Nova, and Supreme and his confidence didnt drop but when he face Cannonball and Mr. Fantastic, his confidence took a dive.

Now compare Cannonball and Mr. Fantastic to the people above and tell me what you see. Common sense.

Brockalizer
But the problem is Gladiator has fought Masterson, Tyrant, Binary, Quasar, Rachel, Vulcan, Black Bolt, A Phoenix, Hyperion, Nova, and Supreme and his confidence didnt drop but when he face Cannonball and Mr. Fantastic, his confidence took a dive.

Now compare Cannonball and Mr. Fantastic to the people above and tell me what you see. Common sense. Fighting someone and beating someone are two very different things. Wolverine has "fought" Hulk, Juggernaut, and Thanos. That doesn't mean that he can throw down at the same level as Darkseid or Superman. Most of the people on your list that Gladiator has beaten would probably loose to Doomsday as well. The reason his confidence plummeted against Reed and Sam, was because of his arrogance. He underestimated his opponent and was taken by surprise. The other opponents that he has fought were all sentient beings with their own established reputations and power sets. He had no reason to underestimate their abilities so his confidence wouldn't be affected in the same way. DoS Doomsday is little more than a "mindless troll", Gladiator would be overly confident in his abilities and would again be taken by surprise. I'd almost be willing to argue that Gog Wars Doomsday would be a more fair fight

OneDumbG0
^ Your scenario almost perfectly describes Gladiator's encounter with Mindless Hulk. But Gladiator's confidence didn't suffer at all.

Gladiator dismissed Mindless Hulk as a witless brute and thought that he would be beaten after hitting him once. Mindless Hulk recovered near instantly and stomped on him. Gladiator couldn't believe such a dangerous creature existed on Earth (proving he had no awareness of Hulk's reputation) but proceeded to fight him toe-to-toe before Mindless Hulk caused his eye beams to feedback into his own skull.

And Gog Wars Doomsday spent months (years?) punching through granite bedrock to free Superman. He'd get utterly stomped by Gladiator who has destroyed planets with his punches.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And Gog Wars Doomsday spent months (years?) punching through granite bedrock to free Superman. He'd get utterly stomped by Gladiator who has destroyed planets with his punches. Sounds like something we should ignore IMO

He also got indirectly one shotted when Gog 'killed Superman'

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Sounds like something we should ignore IMO Because... ?

Sr J-Bieb
Because... ? Because Doomsday is the ultimate killing machine and no Marvel top tier can stand against him obviously

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Because Doomsday is the ultimate killing machine and no Marvel top tier can stand against him obviously

Current Hulk could since well, he is stronger and could withstand anything Doomsday threw at him.

h1a8

And Gog Wars Doomsday spent months (years?) punching through granite bedrock to free Superman. He'd get utterly stomped by Gladiator who has destroyed planets with his punches.

I must of missed that. Well if that's true then it's clearly a low showing as Gog Wars Doomsday is stronger than Superman who in turn has planetary strength.

h1a8
Current Hulk could since well, he is stronger and could withstand anything Doomsday threw at him. DD will not only kill Hulk in a few blows but he will do it before Hulk can react.

OneDumbG0
I must of missed that. Well if that's true then it's clearly a low showing as Gog Wars Doomsday is stronger than Superman who in turn has planetary strength. sam Originally posted by h1a8
DD will not only kill Hulk in a few blows but he will do it before Hulk can react. sam sam

psycho gundam
DD will not only kill Hulk in a few blows but he will do it before Hulk can react.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dd.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/dd.jpg

laughing Although that is not canon I'm curious to what issues that is from.

carver9
laughing Although that is not canon I'm curious to what issues that is from.

To bad that wasn't the only time PROFESSOR Hulk helmed Doomsday up. It happened twice which resulted in Hulk punching Doomsday out of a window following him out of the window while pounding on him. Going by Doomsday vs Professor Hulk showings, P Hulk>> Doomsday.

psycho gundam
laughing Although that is not canon I'm curious to what issues that is from. your nightmares #1

Cogito
Going by Doomsday vs Professor Hulk showings, P Hulk>> Doomsday.

The sad thing is you believe this roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Originally posted by Cogito
The sad thing is you believe this roll eyes (sarcastic)

Naah, not Professor Hulk but current Hulk is a different monster. I think Professor Hulk could give him a fight though unless we ignore all of his showings.

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
your nightmares #1

No seriously, which issues?

To bad that wasn't the only time PROFESSOR Hulk helmed Doomsday up. It happened twice which resulted in Hulk punching Doomsday out of a window following him out of the window while pounding on him. Going by Doomsday vs Professor Hulk showings, P Hulk>> Doomsday. Non canon and Doomsday>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.