What's more canon, Labrinth of Evil or the Clone Wars Microseries?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
Well, the Microseries was on tv and directly lead in to ROTS. Labrinth of Evil also directly lead into ROTS, and the author, James Luceno, got to read a copy of the ROTS script before writing the book.

Personally, I say LOE is more canon. But they both lead into ROTS but have different events happening at the same time. So I'd like to other opinions.

darthsith19
http://www.paskovics.com/rogue-collection/images/novels/labyrinth.jpg

vs.

http://blogs.starwars.com/static/img/image-selector/full/eu/tv/clonewars/18.jpg

DarthBanevv
Probably LoE, but I like the ending of the Clone Wars microseries. I haven't read LoE yet, but from what a friend told me Obi-Wan and Anakin are on two completely different planets. How can that work? How can they both come out of Hyperspace and into the battle at the same time, if they are in two completely differebt star systems?

docb77
Hmmm.... interesting question, Lucas didn't write either of them, so they aren't G-canon. Both are approved by Lucas and aren't considered infinities so they aren't N-canon or S-Canon. I guess both would be considered C-canon. But since they contradict each other in some areas one has to be more "official" than the other. With the film the most recent version is said to take precedent. The book was released more recently right?

DarthBanevv
I believe so.

Blaxican_Jedi
LOE is more cannon. Mace Windu can not kill thousands of battle droids and an uber walker with his fists...

DarthBanevv
Yeah, that was just ridiculous.

darthsith19
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
Probably LoE, but I like the ending of the Clone Wars microseries. I haven't read LoE yet, but from what a friend told me Obi-Wan and Anakin are on two completely different planets. How can that work? How can they both come out of Hyperspace and into the battle at the same time, if they are in two completely differebt star systems?
No, they were on the same planet.

And can someone tell me the different levels of canon and what they mean?

Actually, the book was realised in Febraury 2005 and the Microseries was realised in March 2005 (the last season, anyways).

And also I just remembered something.
"Nine Times. That business on Catio Nemodia doesn't, doesn't count"

That was said by Obi-Wan in ROTS and the battle of Catio Nemodia happened in LOE.

SnakeEyes
To me, the micro-series is never something to be taken too seriously, whereas the books can be considered a lot more canon.

DarthBanevv
But can anybody explain how Obi and Anakin both got to Coruscant at the same time, even though they were in two different systems?

darthsith19
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
But can anybody explain how Obi and Anakin both got to Coruscant at the same time, even though they were in two different systems?
They wern't, whoever told you that was wrong.

JaehSkywalker
i have nooooooooooooooooooooooo idea...

Fishy
I would say LOE less bullshit.

General G
I would say LOE, but it didn't show the Force Crush done to Grievous wasn't shown (told) in LOE, but was shown in the micro series, I believe that LOE is more canon and that it just left out a few small details.

docb77
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, they were on the same planet.

And can someone tell me the different levels of canon and what they mean?

Actually, the book was realised in Febraury 2005 and the Microseries was realised in March 2005 (the last season, anyways).

And also I just remembered something.
"Nine Times. That business on Catio Nemodia doesn't, doesn't count"

That was said by Obi-Wan in ROTS and the battle of Catio Nemodia happened in LOE.

Well then, there we have it! The movies are the most Canon of the Canon. If the movie refers to the book that gives it the race in this "Canon Wars"

Are those the release dates, or just when they were made?

general-pain
Release dates.

To put another way, LOE is the documentary version and the Micro Series is the Hollywood block buster version.

Faunus
Originally posted by Blaxican_Jedi
LOE is more cannon. Mace Windu can not kill thousands of battle droids and an uber walker with his fists...

Actually, that's more or less confirmed by both Labyrinth of Evil and the SW Databank.

Labyrinth of Evil:

''. . . rumored to have single-handedly destroyed a seismic tank on Dantooine. . .''

Databank:

"Mace's troops were decimated by the terrible power of a seismic tank, and even though he was temporarily disarmed in the confusion of the battlefield, Mace was able to single-handedly defeat the droid forces and destroy the tank."

DarthBanevv
Thanks Darthsith, I am going to buy the book today along with some other ones.

Master Mawi
I vote for Labrinyth of Evil. More logical and factual. And let's be honest, does Mace Windu look like superman?! HEll no. He's suppose to be the best swordsman after Yoda and Dooku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.