A Question...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

w00t2112
A Stupid thread but nonetheless, posting in the Literature section does not get as many opinions:

Why do people think that Anakin at full potential could take down the strongest of the strongest except for Ragnos, I mean Sadow could likely be superior.

Also is DN Luke what Anakin should have been?

tdtd
Well not specifically DN Luke but LUKE as of ROTJ is what Anakin should have been yes. As for the potential thing I think it's a bunch of crap that causes a lot of unneeded drama, and a bunch of useless arguments. Plus I don't think there was a Marka Ragnos when Anakin's potential was created.

Tangible God
Though I rather hate Anakin, I will try to defend his credibility.

It's the sheer magnitutde of the whole "what if" and "it could be" of Anakin's Force potential which gives people that opinion. And since GL said that if he hadn't been Mustafared then his full potential would have been what? 10 times more powerful than what he had been in ROTS?

That being what, twice as much as ROTJ Palpatine? Who being what? when in comparison to all but Ragnos?

And DN Luke has been "considered" to be Anakin's full potential.

Wesker
Originally posted by w00t2112
A Stupid thread but nonetheless, posting in the Literature section does not get as many opinions:

Why do people think that Anakin at full potential could take down the strongest of the strongest except for Ragnos, I mean Sadow could likely be superior.

Also is DN Luke what Anakin should have been?

It's just a brain bug that developed from Anakin having more force potential than Yoda. But that's not saying much. In fact, I don't remember Qui-Gon saying by just how much Anakin surpassed Yoda. And since the idea of midi-chlorians has never been extended and recorded in the EU universe, it baffles me that people would assume Anakin at full potential > all. That'd be like saying Bob is the best horse racer of the 2000s. Bob can outrace every racer ever of all time. Notice the logical inconsistancy?

docb77
It's not necessarily an inconsistency - Times always tend to go down in athletics. The present day world champ in his prime should be able to beat any of his predecessors. Heck, with modern training techniques, an average athlete should be able to give those predecessors a run for their money.

Fishy
Originally posted by docb77
It's not necessarily an inconsistency - Times always tend to go down in athletics. The present day world champ in his prime should be able to beat any of his predecessors. Heck, with modern training techniques, an average athlete should be able to give those predecessors a run for their money.

Yes but that doesn't make any sense here.

The Jedi training if anything just became weaker and more peaceful. And training doesn't change potential. So that means absolutely nothing here.

docb77
yeah, gotta agree with you there. The jedi didn't really embrace anything that could be called the light side, they just avoided the dark. No emotion, lol, shouldn't love and loyalty be just as powerful if not more so than hate and anger?

vpokdekjyafmidp
well MAYBE if full potential anakin was trained by MARKA RAGNOS, he coulld surpass him

Fishy
Originally posted by docb77
yeah, gotta agree with you there. The jedi didn't really embrace anything that could be called the light side, they just avoided the dark. No emotion, lol, shouldn't love and loyalty be just as powerful if not more so than hate and anger?

Yes but both those things lead to the Dark Side. Loyalty and love of his Master Arca lead Ulic to the Dark side.

Perhaps Love lead him back to the light side as well, Vader for instance was also drawn into the Dark Side because of love, Revan because of loyalty towards the people of the republic because he wanted it to survive. These things are dangerous, they can be good for some people but they can turn out really bad for others. The Jedi Order had a reason to outlaw these things because it could turn people over to the Dark Side.

One could of course argue that forbidding these things made it all the easier to turn to the Dark Side because if you would fall in love you could not talk about it and that could lead to anger and resentment, but the Jedi perhaps foolishly believed that people would obey their council.

w00t2112
Originally posted by vpokdekjyafmidp
well MAYBE if full potential anakin was trained by MARKA RAGNOS, he coulld surpass him

No evidence of that either, adding to the fact, Ragnos wouldn't teach Anakin everything he knew.

Captain REX
I'd like to think that Anakin Full Potential > All. But...there's no evidence for that.

Now...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d145/Rexus1214/ah_damn____he__s_a_Jedi_by_ChaosMol.gif

Wrong section. Moved.

docb77
No evidence, but it makes sense. "From a certain point of view."

zod360
Full potential Anakin with access to as much knowledge as the ancient sith > all.

Fishy
you say that without evidence, we don't know how much midiclorians he had compared to the ancients or the DN people only compared to the PT people... Which doesn't mean a lot...

Revolver Ocelot
There isn't evidence, but there are bases to the speculation.

He is the son of the Force. Now before you say this substantiates to nothing, look at Anakin with three years of war experience, at the age of 22: The third greatest in the Order of thousands and defeated Count Dooku. I don't think anyone at that age was as impressive, ever that we know of. Couple that with the fact that DN Luke is coming close to these SSJ Ancient Sith, when he's only the grandson of the Force, and add in 1000 years of experience (A ridiculous amount of time) and Anakin wipes his ass with the Ancients.

PurpleSaber
Anakin did have great potential. He started training as a Jedi 5 or 6 years later than usual, and like Gamblor^ said, in his early 20s was in the top 5 of an order of thousands.

Wesker
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot
There isn't evidence, but there are bases to the speculation.

Keyphrase for someone who is about to argue their point of view despite having no real evidence.

Actually, the material says he isn't, including the New Essential Chronology.

Firstly, Anakin was NOT the third greatest. Obi-Wan beat him, Mace could beat him, Yoda would destroy him, and it's likely other masters would too (Such as Luminara or Shaak Ti, or Depa).

Secondly, Dooku could have tooled the **** out of Anakin if he hadn't been playing around. This is like saying TPM Obi-Wan is amazing because he defeated Maul, not taking into consideration that Maul would ideally destroy Obi-wan 9/10 times.

Actually, Exar Kun hadn't even completed formal Jedi training and he could WTFpwn any force user in his time with relative ease. Exar Kun was likely early twenties, if that, although I'm sure we can be more conclusive if anyone has his age in a guide somewhere.

DN Luke's powers are not in any way reflective of Anakin's potential, especially considering that Anakin's potential hadn't even been established and Luke was doing higher ended feats than any incarnation of Anakin back in DE and so on. Likewise, there's nothing to suggest that Luke's potential isn't higher than his father's either.

Not only bad speculation, it's actually disproven.

Ridiculous. Considering that Anakin was impatient, headstrong, and his potential was possibly limited in the grand scheme of things (Because it cannot be contrasted with previous or later midichlorian records, though Anakin's actual feats are dwarfed in both directions) you have exactly 0 chance of accurately guessing his potential power or where it lies in comparison with force users literally described as "god-like". For all you know, Anakin's midi-chlorian level is a million below Ludo Kressh and he would cap off his potential with a mere 40 years of training. You're just arguing out of your ass with "teh ful potenshal anikin!!!11"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.