Update on the Legacy of the Force book series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Check it out: http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20060316.html

It talks about the second book in the series.

Oh and here is the link that talks about the first book just in case anyone missed it or is interested: http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20051114.html

Nactous
"Boba Fett, Boba Fett where?"

SnakeEyes
BUMP

Come on!

Am I the only one who is interested in this?

Blaxican_Jedi
Sounds intrestig.

w00t2112
Personally i find that Post JA books, completely pointless all they do is depict Luke as a force god.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by w00t2112
Personally i find that Post JA books, completely pointless all they do is depict Luke as a force god.

That is your opinion, but the latter part of your statement is definitely wrong. Luke was a "Force God" in 1 or 2 of the 19 NJO books... and he wasn't even a "God" in the entire span of those books. I try not to let small things (in comparison to everything as a whole) ruin how good EU can be. Now if you choose not to read post JA books, then that is perfectly fine, but at the same time, since you haven't read them in the first place, you shouldn't make fals assumptions about them.

Faunus
Sounds good; I'm waiting for May to come around for Betrayal.

Revolver Ocelot

Luke is fine compared to some of the earlier Tales characters.

SnakeEyes
Anyways, back on the focus of this thread, I think that this series has great potential. It could be awesome, assuming they don't do anything ridiculous, the plots are original and there's bound to be some character deaths.

Wesker
Originally posted by Revolver Ocelot

Luke is fine compared to some of the earlier Tales characters.

Luke and Kyp both manipulate black holes. If you knew a thing about blackholes, you'd realize how ridiculous that is.

xxxpoppunker182
i think it's be interesting i mean hon and luke now on opposite sides maybe? and boba's back it'll be cool i think.

Revolver Ocelot
Luke and Kyp both manipulate black holes. If you knew a thing about blackholes, you'd realize how ridiculous that is.

Battle of Dantooine? They were artificial, miniature black holes created by the Dovin basal, not a real one.

Wesker
They're still blackholes in nature, and that makes them ridiculously dense and the idea of manipulating something like that makes a hell of a lot less sense than anything the ancient Sith ever did.

Deception
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
That is your opinion, but the latter part of your statement is definitely wrong. Luke was a "Force God" in 1 or 2 of the 19 NJO books... and he wasn't even a "God" in the entire span of those books. I try not to let small things (in comparison to everything as a whole) ruin how good EU can be. Now if you choose not to read post JA books, then that is perfectly fine, but at the same time, since you haven't read them in the first place, you shouldn't make fals assumptions about them.

If i didn't read them, then i wouldn't know Luke was a force god, besides im not saying that they're extremely bad, but it inspires fanboys that make it look bad, thats why i found it pointless.

DarthLazious
I also can't wait for May to get here.

DarthBanevv
How many years after the NJO books, are the LOF books?

Ushgarak
This isn't a vs. thread. Keep that sort of nonsense out of here.

Rayvann
A new era of exciting adventures and shocking revelations continues to unfold as the legendary Star Wars saga sweeps forward into astonishing new territory with the nine-book series, Legacy of the Force. Here's an early look at book two, Bloodlines by Karen Traviss.
Civil war looms as the fledgling Galactic Alliance confronts a growing number of worlds set on rebellion -- and the approaching war is tearing the Skywalker and Solo families apart. Han's Corellian roots and Luke's dedication to the Jedi order are driving a wedge between the families. Han and Leia's children, Jacen and Jaina, are soldiers in the Galactic Alliance's campaign to crush the insurgents. Luke and Mara are unable to protect their son Ben from war. The quest of an assassin draws out a dreaded name from the past: Boba Fett. And in the new galactic order, friends and enemies are no longer what they seem...

Here's an early look at the cover of Bloodlines. It is still undergoing slight revisions, but here is the latest iteration by Jason Felix.

The second book in the series will be released in paperback, but the series itself will be a mix of three hardcovers and six mass-market paperbacks. In addition to Traviss, the series will feature authors Aaron Allston and Troy Denning.

Star Wars: Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines is scheduled for release in September, 2006 from Del Rey Books. For information about the first book, Betrayal, see this story here. Keep checking starwars.com for more information and other first looks regarding this momentous new series.

How long can they keep dragging on the same storylines over and over again? How long can some new threat always appear out of nowhere? Lucas had intented for Post-ROTJ to be an age of peace an EU has totally screwed up that vision.

Darth Traya
And besides, most of the post-ROTJ is nothing short of diabolical. Apart from the Thrawn Trilogy, that could have been a credible SW Movie...

The Black Ghost
Wow I never knew there was a series after the New Jedi Order. We're already fifty years after Return of the Jedi how far is this gonna go? Its sorta cool actually.

DarthLazious
Yeah it is.

I wonder if the Sith will ever return.

DarthBanevv
They will in the LOTF comics.

DarthLazious
Cool..I can't wait.

Faunus
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
They will in the LOTF comics.

LotF is the book series: you should know this based on the thread's title. Legacy is the steaming pile of bull that contradicts continuity, and so will likely be considered an infinity.

ka-shem
Originally posted by Faunus
LotF is the book series: you should know this based on the thread's title. Legacy is the steaming pile of bull that contradicts continuity, and so will likely be considered an infinity. ]

How the hell do you know that?? There hasnt been much in the way of info released on this series yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.