Spirttual Gifts/Spiritual Warfare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Anybody seen/have/believe in or not believe in spiritual gifts?

(healing, prophecy, discernment, speaking in tounges, etc.)

Anybody ever been possesed, seen possesed people or a demon (or angel for that matter), think its hogwash?

I have seen examples myself of speaking in tounges, healing, and discernment, and have heard about demonic encounters from my mother-in-law.

I'll post specifics in a little bit, but I wanted to get a feel for anybody else's experiences/thoughts/feelings......

leonheartmm
ive positively seen psychic activity. pretty strong, convincing and concinuous too. fortune telling{the real kind}etc etc. have reason to believe demon involvement in stuff although what it actually means and in what context i got no idea. other than that, no.

Darth Jello
i've seen some pretty weird shit but none of it fits in any narrow religious context.

Wesker
Check this: Neurotheology

A lot of so-called religious gifts and experiences have roots in science and the human body. This doesn't preclude that they are truly divine gifts, but it is an interesting revelation. The article in the link is a bit sparse, so I do recommend reading a few outside sources on the subject; it's very interesting.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Wesker
Check this: Neurotheology

A lot of so-called religious gifts and experiences have roots in science and the human body. This doesn't preclude that they are truly divine gifts, but it is an interesting revelation. The article in the link is a bit sparse, so I do recommend reading a few outside sources on the subject; it's very interesting.

One example:

My father-in-law, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, and I moved from the Bay Area in California to Northern California, where my wife, her sister and sister's husband already lived, 2 years ago, in 2004.

Clay, my father-in-law, moved up here to a brand new house, that he couldn't afford.

He was in prayer about moving, and felt that the Lord told him to bring his family here.

He left his job, friends, and everything.

We went to church with my sister-in-law and her husband that first sunday, and a traveling evangelist had been invited to speak.

He gave his testimony, of being a young rebellious man who did LSD and got into trouble, and who ended up turning to Christ.

He went to pray over the people as he finished, when he felt called to use the gift of Discernment.

This is what Christians call the act of the Holy Spirit revealing information to a person, about another person, that they could not know.

He prayed over Clay, my father-in-law, saying that he knew the Lord was going to bless him, that he picked up his entire family and moved, like Abraham, and that the Lord would bless him in business, with friends, and with many people in his home. That people would stay with him.

Point of fact, the evangelist prayed over all of us, saying that Adam, my younger brother-in-law, would see many boys and have a trumpet in one hand and a sword in the other. He said that I would be a man of integrity, with many young men coming into my life that I would minister to.

Well, its been 2 years and over that course of time:

Clay has set up his own business as a home inspector and is doing well..

Clay has let Barbara, his wife's sister, come to live in his house....

Adam has started a Christian screamge band with 4 other junior highers, and does shows at churches that draw 50-100 kids at a time...

I worked at a gas station here for 6 months, and one of my co-workers became a friend of mine, who along with his roomate are becoming Christians, and I have met and made friends with many more people that they know from over here.....

Discernment.

Coincedence.... or the power of God?

(oh, and don't think that Melissa and Ruben, my brother and sister-in-law who already lived here before us, told the church anything. Even if they did, the man was a traveling evangelist, who didn't even know our pastors personally, let alone any of the congregation.)

The Black Ghost
When you have faith your prayers are always heard- even if not immediately answered.

debbiejo
Originally posted by The Black Ghost
When you have faith your prayers are always heard- even if not immediately answered. IMO prayers don't work like that......the asking an begging..........No..no no........You're prayers are answered all the time with what you are putting out.......Even if you don't say it, just thinking about it will cause it to happen.....especially over a long period of time........"Law of attraction"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.