Link VS Wander

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tidas
Only with swords

kamikz
Could get pretty nasty. If this is 17 year old Link they are pretty equal in age, height and stuff. And both have most experience from fighting monsters and creatures more than other sword fighters (though Wander has probably fought other sword masters before SOTC)
I would put Wander above Link in pure strenght though.

Ato
wander is weeeeeeeeaaaak!
i mean, cmon, he doesnt even do anything. link gots spin attacks and lunges and counters, let alone the master sword, which would snap that twig sword that wander uses in half.

kamikz
It was only with sword, no powers, enhanced items and stuff. So I hope it's not master sword either. But if it is the last sword Wander gets (if you complete the game on time attack and hard) is pretty ****ing tough. But his normal sword is awesome too, I mean, it defeats GODS for crying out loud.
Now in-game, Wander can't seem to do shit with his sword, why? Because the game is focused on defeating the Colossus, why would you need many different combos and attacks when all yo u need is to stabb? That would be a waste of time.
It does say on many sites that he is a warrior who has fought in wars and other stuff (figuring that there is no other things to fight in in that world, because the Colossus are only in that land) so he would have more experience sword vs sword.
Since we have never seen Link be wounded seriousley we can't say how much he can go for, but Wander is incredibly will strong and will keep going no matter what.
I say it's pretty equal with only swords.

And the author of the thread has never said which Link this is.

Hoshi
although wander defeated huuuuuuuuuge monsters , he wasnt able to do that because of his sword skills , he was able because the monsters were slower than a snail .Wander was killed by 10 guards in the end , link can kill more than 100 with only his sword. Wanders ultimate sword is strong , but it is nothing near the master sword.

kamikz
Where have Link shown himself being able to defeat hundreds with his sword only? He hasen't even shown himself defeating many enemies at the same time at all. Link would die by a crossbow bolt too, and the only thing he has to parry with is his shield. Since he is so used to the shield, having a normal sword fight would prove harder.

Each time Wander defeated those Colossus he lost a part of his soul, or something died within him. He just became weaker and weaker. In the end, he just fell on the floor, dropped his sword and could barley stand. When he risened he got shot in the leg by a crossbow bolt. Still, he kept walking towards the girl. A guard comes up and stabbs him with his sword through his stomach. Wander keeps walking and even drags the sword out of his stomach. Then he faints.....
Link would not stand a chance there with only his sword, and since Wander was both hurt and weak at the moment there was nothing he could do about it either.

Wander had fought people before, the instruction manual (in Swedish) says that he is a warrior that has come from a distant land to revive her. And what is there to fight in a normal world except other people. Link has only fought monsters who barley has any weapons or means to defend themselfs. He doesen't rely only on his sword but on other equipment as well. The "Link PWNS hundreds of guards" is just something that you pull out of your ass. Link has never fought normal people with only his sword, and he has never shown himself to fight without the player controlling him.
The only canonical scenes we see with Link is when he is fainting because a bolt of lightning hits a grave he stands "near" or when Darunia "taps" him on the head and he falls on the ground and faints for a moment.
In WW, Ganon punches Link 3 times and he falls apart and can't do shit.

IcePunk
who the hell is Wander?

kamikz
The Hero in Shadows of the Colossus.
Don't get me wrong guys, Link would utterly rape him in a battle of normal means, but with only swords, I think he stands a chance.

Yoshuaki
well, I really don't think that Link could do what Wander has done with only a Sword, Horse, and Bow. it seems that all the stuff that Link has, he desperately needs. Wander Kills Breathing Mountains. and how many times did it take Link to kill Ganon? so yea.

Sword on Sword, i bet Wander has this beat. and you guys don't even know how strong Link or Wander's swords are anyways. you don't know what tough stuff that Wander is stabbing into. it could be some kind of rock for all u know.

Wander FTW! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

LLLLLink
Link pawns if the author is referring to any of these Links: Hero of Time, Hero of Winds, TP. Maybe more.

In OOT, Link can weild the Biggoron Sword as well as the Master Sword and Hylian shield. So having no shield is no problem.

In TP, Link uses Mortal Draw for an instant win. Also, his strength owns.

In WW, Link is very lithe and acrobatic with his strikes.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Yoshuaki
well, I really don't think that Link could do what Wander has done with only a Sword, Horse, and Bow. it seems that all the stuff that Link has, he desperately needs. Wander Kills Breathing Mountains. and how many times did it take Link to kill Ganon? so yea.

Sword on Sword, i bet Wander has this beat. and you guys don't even know how strong Link or Wander's swords are anyways. you don't know what tough stuff that Wander is stabbing into. it could be some kind of rock for all u know.

Wander FTW! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
1. You necroed a thread, grats.

2. This thread is crap because it doesn't specify WHICH Link, though I'm pretty sure any version of Link wins with ease.

If this is about TP Link, which I guess it would be, because this thread is from 2006, TP Link smashes Wander without noticing and goes about his day.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'll math it myself, you were using some bad numbers somewhere, sir.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2059jxy.jpg
6 ft = 80 pixels

The goron = 228. THEREFORE; 228/80 = 2.85
2.85x6 = 17.1 Ft in diameter.

V= pi*r^3*0.75=4007.9816296875 cubic feet.

so, let's get conservative here.

4000x100 lbs = 400 000 lbs = 200 tons.

Given that the Gorons are probably about as heavy as granite, multiply that by 1.6 to get a more accurate weight. =] I forget where I read they were granite though, so I won't use those numbers until I find the quote.

LLLLLink
Haha, you and math...

SuperLuigi
link because the shield hinders his full sword fighting capabilities.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by kamikz
Where have Link shown himself being able to defeat hundreds with his sword only? He hasen't even shown himself defeating many enemies at the same time at all. Link would die by a crossbow bolt too, and the only thing he has to parry with is his shield. Since he is so used to the shield, having a normal sword fight would prove harder.

Every game has Link fighting worse bosses than a sluggish giant half of which wouldn't even be aware of Wander's presence. If anything, the only ones that WOULD give Link any real trouble are the smallest ones due to how much more alert they are (and maybe the final one, but tha'ts doubtful dues to Link's superior athletic capabilities). Based on superior showings of swordmanship and agility, Link would arguably be a more formiddable character than Wander to be the Protagonist in SoTC. Wander never beat any of the Colossi based on his sword skills, because all he did was stab it into their designated weak spots. Be it with or without different equipment, the enemies Link fights vary from something with no means of defense to brutes that are fully armored and otherwise impenetrable without the proper attacks--SWORD attacks. Unlike Wander, Link has actually shown TECHNIQUES with his sword instead of just jamming it into a giant beast's hide which, incidentally, Link has done similar to agasint worse beasts.

That sounds more based on individual interpretation than anything else. Aside from the fact that Wander was spewing black liquid ala the Colossi, literally began changing a completely inuman color, and was used as a host body for Dormin when he finally did fall, he was never even struck in the vitals anyway to my recollection, and fell when he actually was. These guards are doubtful to even give Link a run for his money if he can take out groups of say, Darknuts or hell, just ONE Iron Knuckle, two things Wander would be hard-pressed to match let alone defeat, as well as mounted enemies that wield assortments of arrows or close quarters weapons.

That's fine and dandy in Wander's own right, but a good number of creatures in LoZ would put "normal people", Wander included, in their place. Only the weakest monsters Link fights in the series ever lack any means to defend themselves. As I said earlier, monsters like Darknuts or Iron Knuckles, typically fully-armored brutes twice Link's size, are typically taken down by only Link's swordsmanship. Even while the only other weapon Wander actually wields is a bow, I think it's debatable to say that Link is no worse with his skills in the bow.

All those examples you stated of Link fainting don't hold much if you're trying to make him sound less capable of defeating Wander-who's ass he kicks pretty easily even with only a sword because he has visibly better talent, agility, strength, and experience-because a lightning bolt is, you know, a freaking bolt of lightning, Gorons are pretty much established as the series' physically strongest race, being able to break stone with their punches and grind rock by rolling into it, and Ganon is, as most people should know, the wielder of the Triforce of Power, which makes him a nigh-Godly tyrant, and even without it had been feared by people for his power and ruthlessness. In none of these situations did Link even lose counsiousness.

Wander is literally just short of nothing compared to Link, be it even in straight up swordsmanship.

Most situations where Link has beaten Ganon INVOLVED only a sword and arrows, and in one case a horse, and in another only a sword. If anything, Link would MORE EASILY accomplish what has due to clear physical superiority in their respective situations.

So, Wander for the embarassingly quick loss! Happy Dance

Jmanghan
Necro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.