KOTOR 2 A light side Consular/Jedi Master

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zephiel7
Well, for those of you who have played KOTOR 2, how would a lightside consular/Jedi Master fair? Would a dark side Consular/Sith Lord be better? It seems to make more sense.

A Jedi Master seems to rely more on the force to buff himself (Valor, Shield, Heal, force enlightenment), while a Sith Lord could use his offensive DS powers (storm, force crush, kill) to completely wipe out opposition.

A Jedi master is not a fighter, he is a force wielder first and foremost. The fact that LS powers are more suited to buffing you up, a LS Consular/JM seems redundant. A Guardian/WM would benefit fully from being LS.

A LS Cons/JM could put points into Charisma and use DS powers, but the problem with this idea is that you are using much needed stats points to increase charisma. If you follow the DS path, you can use your offensive powers and put your ability points in more useful areas. Not to mention you can Force crush your enemies to death. wink

So how effective is a LS Jedi Master in comparison to a DS Dark Lord, for those of you who have played?

General G
I have played KOTOR 2 and I greatly prefer the Dark Side, you may have to kill Jedi Masters and such, but it's worth it, especially if you get Force Storm and Death Field because on the Iziz place, there were a lot of people, I used Force Storm and it killed them all, it was quite cool. So I would say that the Dark Side is better.

Fishy
Doesn't really matter the LS has some nice things over the DS, actually I wouldn't really be sure I played DS once and LS once and then started cheating because i'm a lazy bastard... But LS was pretty suficient the problem is you don't kill as fast but the good side is you have more speed more health and you can last longer.

zephiel7
I am not saying LS powers are bad, but for a Consular, it seems DS is more suited.

LS powers are good for buffing, if you are Guardian/WM, LS is surely the way to go.

A consular is meant to be a "caster." The problem is LS powers make you a stronger fighter. Since Consular/=Fighter, LS seems ill suited for a Consular.

w00t2112
No, you get the Kotor 2 Savegame editor and give yourself every single feat and force power, then you add the uber mod that adds like 30 new force powers and use them all, PWNED.

General Zink
Uh, sure.

Fishy
Originally posted by w00t2112
No, you get the Kotor 2 Savegame editor and give yourself every single feat and force power, then you add the uber mod that adds like 30 new force powers and use them all, PWNED.

Thats what I always did after my first two games... Its a lot easier that way

jollyjim311
Force Crush is the most rigged power ever.

They fall down every time you use it and can repeat it over and over and your enemy doesn't get a chance to act.

SPOILER FOR KOTOR 2:

In the last fight against Kreia, I force crushed her over and over, and she did no damage to me. When she used 4 lightsabers, I mind tricked a lightsaber, that fought Kreia, force stormed the 3 lightsabers and Kreia, then when it was just me and Kreia, a repeat of the first fight. I ended up losing like maybe one eighth of my health, max.

zephiel7
Its ridiculous how powerful a DS Sith Lord can become. If we directly translate his power from the game, he would be a friggen demigod.

Finn of Masques
Actually, I started playing this game again recently, and for those we feel like being a LS Consular, you could try the more Commanding approach.

I played it with Kreia and another of the Jedi you get and stand back and boost them and give them commands, you need to give manual commands but it gives you the feel of being a leader. Pretty Neat stuff.

Light_Sith
Meh.

You can go up to level 50 in this game on the Xbox and you are pretty damn powerful after playing for a couple of hours at any rate.

You can't go wrong.

Lord Knightfa11
Hmm does this look like a "can you give me advice on how to play my rpg" thread to anyone else?

just wondering

DarkSide. You kill way faster, healing hurts other people as well as heals you, and It has way better storyline...

Go online, find the savegame editor, and give yourself a lightsaber before you even leave the first level.

Lord Knightfa11
and yes, you can get force power mods, and yes you can use the savegame editor to give you more force... but thats just a little too much overkill for pragus (i think that thats the gas planet's name, I might be mistaken...)

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by zephiel7
I am not saying LS powers are bad, but for a Consular, it seems DS is more suited.

LS powers are good for buffing, if you are Guardian/WM, LS is surely the way to go.

A consular is meant to be a "caster." The problem is LS powers make you a stronger fighter. Since Consular/=Fighter, LS seems ill suited for a Consular. Actually, when I played as a LS consular, I generally would buff up my team and stay back out of the line of fire. As for when I had to fight alone, I didn't see anything wrong with using neutral powers such as force wave, and suppression.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
Actually, when I played as a LS consular, I generally would buff up my team and stay back out of the line of fire. As for when I had to fight alone, I didn't see anything wrong with using neutral powers such as force wave, and suppression.

But of course, it doesnt make you overly pimped out for when you do fight alone like the darkside does.

and how boring is it to just sit around while your team does all the work?

when I played this game, I pretty much kept me alive and killed everything that moved solo.... who cares if my team is laying down back there. I rock them. noobs.

somehow when I killed everything i possibly could, i got darkside points..... kinda sucks dont it.

A Dose Of Vraya
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
But of course, it doesnt make you overly pimped out for when you do fight alone like the darkside does.

and how boring is it to just sit around while your team does all the work?

when I played this game, I pretty much kept me alive and killed everything that moved solo.... who cares if my team is laying down back there. I rock them. noobs.

somehow when I killed everything i possibly could, i got darkside points..... kinda sucks dont it. Well, I'm not saying that I particularly cared for this strategy, but I did complete the game with that character. It actually added a good amount of difficulty for me when I was forced to fight solo, and no, it really isn't all that boring.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by A Dose Of Vraya
Well, I'm not saying that I particularly cared for this strategy, but I did complete the game with that character. It actually added a good amount of difficulty for me when I was forced to fight solo, and no, it really isn't all that boring.

well yea, I mean, its kotor 2. with the cutscene like combat and amaizing effects... there is very little that could be boring. I just meant boring in comparison to other methods that are maybe faster and hit a bit harder.

and of course, chosing the less tricked out options will always give you more of a challenge smile

totally agree with you. go for the lightside if you want a strategic/more challenging gameplay element.

go for the darkside if you want a quick, easy, fun fun fun slaughter all your annoying teammates who make you go through endless dialogue and cutscenes on their part smile fun fun silly willy smile

the darkside is more fun... kill your annoying storyline counterparts... WEEE

0°Mandalore°0
The first game was a lot better than its sequel.

Elite Hunter

Lord Knightfa11
warning! SPOILER CONTENT!

didnt say that it wasnt.... they are both pretty much the same gameplay wise, but the whole really awesome replacement for "I am your father" (you are revan) in kotor 1 really makes it one of the best stories I have ever heard...

Kotor II is way more about all powerful beings dueling it out, and has a far more dark storyline... but still pales in comparrison to it's predecessor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.