AQUAMAN vs. HERCULES.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
FIGHT TAKES PLACE IN SOUTH BEACH.

Hit and Run
Does Hercules's God heritage offer him any immunity to telepathy?

Even if it did though, Aquaman could probably still win using his magic hand.

King KAM
Originally posted by Hit and Run
Does Hercules's God heritage offer him any immunity to telepathy?

Even if it did though, Aquaman could probably still win using his magic hand. not likely, considering hercules would simply pic up the nearest chunk on earth and crush aquaman with it.

Juntai
Originally posted by King KAM
not likely, considering hercules would simply pic up the nearest chunk on earth and crush aquaman with it. Eh, Aquaman is in the high tier physically as well, even before his upgrades he was batting around Superman level strength/durability foes.

olympian
About the TP. Hercules is resistant to it but perhaps not impossible to overcome, godly or not. Thats actually one aspect of Hercules i know less...

And Aquaman isent in the high tier physically. Hes not even boderline top tier.

When those high feats he has, become his -norm- then hes top tier.

Now, a physical fight with the magic Trident and or Tp? That would be something else.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
Aquamans chance is TP. Hercules is resistant to it but perhaps not impossible to overcome, goldy or not. Thats actually one aspect of Hercules i know less...

And Aquaman isent in the high tier physically. Hes not even boderline top tier.

When those high feats he has, wich you can even count the number become his -norm- then hes top tier.

Now, a physical fight with his trident? That would go. Well, his lifting feats aren't that numbered, but his fights with top tier characters, and smacking them around, certainly are. He's done it frequently enough through his years to be considered high tier. Adding them up its easy to see where he stands, he's on the JLA for a reason. He can easily fight in that bracket to say the least.

olympian
How many top tier characters has he defeated without using magic or the Trident? Just physically?

How many has he stalemated?

He is strong enough to held its own against them, same way that characters like Thing and Colossus can at Marvel, even if they arent even as strong as the big guns.

He doesnt need to that strong to be in the league. Hes not there because of that. Hes there because he alone rules all the waters of the Earth. Because he alone has at his command an army no one else in the planet possibly can call for. Because he has uber magic at his side if need be. Thats in a way more versability than most characters in the League. Not because hes top tier class physically speaking.

Juntai
How many top tier characters has he defeated without using magic or the Trident? Just physically?

He is strong enough to held its own against them, same way that characters like Thing and Colossus can at Marvel, even if they arent even as strong as the big guns.

He doesnt need to that strong to be in the league. Hes not there because of that. Hes there because he alone rules all the waters of the Earth. Because he alone has at his command an army no one else in the planet possibly can call for. Because he has uber magic at his side if need be. Thats in a way more versability than most characters in the League. Not because hes top tier class physically speaking. Some battles in the Aquaman respect thread. Granted, not all of his good battles are there, but there's a few. One of the members of the Deep Six is rated in the same tier as Superman, and classic Aquaman manhandles him physically. Aquaman also ripped the head of Cerebus, the hound of hell, and thew its head through the gates of Hades in a full on assault. So that he could save the god Posiedon from hell.

snoopdogg

He doesnt need to that strong to be in the league. Hes not there because of that. Hes there because he alone rules all the waters of the Earth. Because he alone has at his command an army no one else in the planet possibly can call for. Because he has uber magic at his side if need be. Thats in a way more versability than most characters in the League. Not because hes top tier class physically speaking. Who has Hercules defeated in battle? Herc. getes alot of respect on here but I just wanna know who he has fought and defeated who is on Aquamans level?

batdude123
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Who has Hercules defeated in battle? Herc. getes alot of respect on here but I just wanna know who he has fought and defeated who is on Aquamans level?

He KO'ed Giant Man in one punch. That's about all I know about his feats. If I find some more, I'll post them.

snoopdogg
Giant Man is only class 50 I think. I know he stalemated Namor one time.

JOE NUNEZ
herc has beat thor before.

JOE NUNEZ
hercs strengh is incalculable ,and aquaman is a lower level class 100 at best.

CaptainStoic
When did Aquaman get so strong? has anyone read Justice yet? Did you see what those sharks did to him? As we speak he's about to become a lab experiment, Namor is stronger than Aquaman IMO and Hercules had a sparring match with him to show him who was boss, he threw him all over the place, and it didn't take place in a desert or anything, but on The Avengers floating island... Aquman does have his weapons but Herc hace his indestrutible mace, in the JLA/Avenger x-over what did She-Hulk assure Aquaman of as she ripped the armor off of him? and that was the old She-Hulk! Yea Wonder Woman did beat up on Hercules, but if Aquaman got into a serious wrestling match with her, after being accused of doing whatever Herc did to her moms, that camel clutch maneouver would have probably ripped Aquamans head off. DC keeps making their characters stronger each and every year, soon Batman will be as strong as Spiderman, I mean look at Slade! but i see what their working at, they want Aquaman to be as strong as Namor, but when he started out he was about as strong as Hawkman.

olympian
"Some battles in the Aquaman respect thread. Granted, not all of his good battles are there, but there's a few. One of the members of the Deep Six is rated in the same tier as Superman, and classic Aquaman manhandles him physically. Aquaman also ripped the head of Cerebus, the hound of hell, and thew its head through the gates of Hades in a full on assault. So that he could save the god Posiedon from hell"

I read his comic. I like the guy. But as that thread shows, physically speaking you can count by the fingers the number of top tiers he has defeated. The Deep six big guy its one. Defeating Triton is another. Altho the way WW later dispatched him seems wrong. But usually he helds its own rather than matching or overpowering anyone. Like against Lobo, or WW herself.

Pll above the cl 60 can give a fight to top tiers.

And Cerebus in comics isent top tier that ive seen.

- - -

"Who has Hercules defeated in battle? Herc. getes alot of respect on here but I just wanna know who he has fought and defeated who is on Aquamans level?"

Who has he defeated that is on Aquamans level? How about above? pirate

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t360625.html

Just defeated/overpowered:

Wonder Woman
Classic thor
Mcsterson Thor
Abomination
Adam Warlock
Arkon
Thypon
The Minotaur
Atlas
Dragon Man android
Growing Man

Want more? Thats not counting the times hes matched with the Hulk, Thor, Firelord, peak Namor etc.

Figthing and matching top tiers are the norm for Herc. Not the case with Aquaman.

Marcus4600
Aquaman also doesn't have much use. Hercules does.
http://aquamanisuseless.ytmnd.com/
He's also a racist.
http://racistfish.ytmnd.com/

olympian
Nah, he has use and quite the abilities. One so far isent top tier strenght.

White fish...eh stick out tongue

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
When did Aquaman get so strong? has anyone read Justice yet? Did you see what those sharks did to him? As we speak he's about to become a lab experiment, Justice isn't in continuity what with Arthur Jr. being alive and all. It takes place during the Silver Age.

Aquman's always been pretty strong, but he has gone through a fair amount of upgrades of the past 20 years. Check out the Aquaman respect thread.

As for the fight, it's a tough one to call. And i'm still on the fence.

Lucid Lui
Defeating Triton is another. Speaking of, just posted that fight in the Aquaman Respect Thread.

Juntai
"Some battles in the Aquaman respect thread. Granted, not all of his good battles are there, but there's a few. One of the members of the Deep Six is rated in the same tier as Superman, and classic Aquaman manhandles him physically. Aquaman also ripped the head of Cerebus, the hound of hell, and thew its head through the gates of Hades in a full on assault. So that he could save the god Posiedon from hell"

I read his comic. I like the guy. But as that thread shows, physically speaking you can count by the fingers the number of top tiers he has defeated. The Deep six big guy its one. Defeating Triton is another. Altho the way WW later dispatched him seems wrong. But usually he helds its own rather than matching or overpowering anyone. Like against Lobo, or WW herself.

Pll above the cl 60 can give a fight to top tiers.

And Cerebus in comics isent top tier that ive seen.

- - -

"Who has Hercules defeated in battle? Herc. getes alot of respect on here but I just wanna know who he has fought and defeated who is on Aquamans level?"

Wonder Woman
Classic thor
Mcsterson Thor
Abomination
Adam Warlock
Arkon
Thypon
The Minotaur
Atlas
Dragon Man android
Growing Man

Want more? Thats not counting the times hes matched with the Hulk, Thor, Firelord, peak Namor etc.

Figthing and matching top tiers are the norm for Herc. Not the case with Aquaman. Aquaman doesn't often have to fight physically, but when he does do things physically, whether lifting or fighting..he's proven again and again that he's in the high tier league. Problem is, he can end most conflicts without so much as physical effort. Relying on Magic or Telepathy.

soleran30
I think that after some craptastic dialogue on the part of Hercules I would PRAY to Aquaman to just shut him up lol

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
When did Aquaman get so strong? has anyone read Justice yet? Did you see what those sharks did to him? As we speak he's about to become a lab experiment, Namor is stronger than Aquaman IMO and Hercules had a sparring match with him to show him who was boss, he threw him all over the place, and it didn't take place in a desert or anything, but on The Avengers floating island... Aquman does have his weapons but Herc hace his indestrutible mace, in the JLA/Avenger x-over what did She-Hulk assure Aquaman of as she ripped the armor off of him? and that was the old She-Hulk! Yea Wonder Woman did beat up on Hercules, but if Aquaman got into a serious wrestling match with her, after being accused of doing whatever Herc did to her moms, that camel clutch maneouver would have probably ripped Aquamans head off. DC keeps making their characters stronger each and every year, soon Batman will be as strong as Spiderman, I mean look at Slade! but i see what their working at, they want Aquaman to be as strong as Namor, but when he started out he was about as strong as Hawkman. you are a wise ,wise man.

olympian
"Aquaman doesn't often have to fight physically, but when he does do things physically, whether lifting or fighting..he's proven again and again that he's in the high tier league."

High tier its where Superman/Thor/Hercules and Hulk are. Hes not there. Hes not even top tier.

He`s a guy below that has performed -some- not -many- top tier feats. His high end feats -are- top tier level.

That is not what a top tier guy is. A top tier guy performs normally/regullary at that level. That makes the high end being even above. Thats true with the guys i mentioned.

Aquaman has gone physically against Lobo, Desepero, WW, punched MM among others but its clear hes not up there. How many he was close to win? How many he matched? This is no slant to the character but the
level he usually operates. The strenght level its enough to punch and fight them. But not for any of those say: " i can lose ". Not with strenght alone.

Juntai
"Aquaman doesn't often have to fight physically, but when he does do things physically, whether lifting or fighting..he's proven again and again that he's in the high tier league."

High tier its where Superman/Thor/Hercules and Hulk are. Hes not there. Hes not even top tier.

He`s a guy below that has performed -some- not -many- top tier feats. His high end feats -are- top tier level.

That is not what a top tier guy is. A top tier guy performs normally/regullary at that level. That makes the high end being even above. Thats true with the guys i mentioned.

Aquaman has gone physically against Lobo, Desepero, WW, punched MM among others but its clear hes not up there. How many he was close to win? How many he matched? This is no slant to the character but the
level he usually operates. The strenght level its enough to punch and fight them. But not for any of those say: " i can lose ". Not with strenght alone. And I'm saying, that when confronted with that level characters or situations, he does indeed prove a match for any of them physically, every time. It IS consistant. The point is, just as I said, he's not portrayed as a brickhouse, he has a plethora of powers and he mixes it up well. You're arguing in a circle now.

olympian
"And I'm saying, that when confronted with that level characters or situations, he does indeed prove a match for any of them physically, every time. It IS consistant"

Look, just concead. your giving bulls here. Name the high top tier guys he matched only physically.

"The point is, just as I said, he's not portrayed as a brickhouse, he has a plethora of powers and he mixes it up well. You're arguing in a circle now"

No offense, but the only one rolling on a circle here its you. He has other powers. So what? He still engages opponents physically often. So does Superman.

That doesnt change the fact that his high physical portraits are around top tier and his regular level is below.

King KAM
Originally posted by Juntai
Eh, Aquaman is in the high tier physically as well, even before his upgrades he was batting around Superman level strength/durability foes. no hes not, if hercules drops an effin 1000 ton hunk of earth on him, im pretty sure hes done for.

soleran30
no hes not, if hercules drops an effin 1000 ton hunk of earth on him, im pretty sure hes done for.

The magic hand would prevent that from happening..................its magic and it can do that sort of thing you know.

Juntai
no hes not, if hercules drops an effin 1000 ton hunk of earth on him, im pretty sure hes done for. He's lifted heavier than that, and fought characters on the level of Herc physically..
smile

soleran30
Herc is going to have a seizure! Bam there I said it.............

Juntai
"And I'm saying, that when confronted with that level characters or situations, he does indeed prove a match for any of them physically, every time. It IS consistant"

Look, just concead. your giving bulls here. Name the high top tier guys he matched only physically.

"The point is, just as I said, he's not portrayed as a brickhouse, he has a plethora of powers and he mixes it up well. You're arguing in a circle now"

No offense, but the only one rolling on a circle here its you. He has other powers. So what? He still engages opponents physically often. So does Superman.

That doesnt change the fact that his high physical portraits are around top tier and his regular level is below. Why would I need to name them? You've been naming them off for me through this whole thing, little by little. lol. There's also many battles of his in the respect thread.

What I'm saying is, when he runs into a high tier strength, which isn't as often as Superman, he does just fine, even if its physical. When he's confronted to lift up a building, or a city block weighing thousands of tons due to the water it's displacing... he did just fine. His strength is consistant but rarely needs it due to other powers, or the fact that his comic just has him wandering through sub-deigo.

olympian
"He's lifted heavier than that,"

Not regulary. Thats my point.

"and fought characters on the level of Herc physically"

And what did he do physically to them?

"Why would I need to name them? You've been naming them off for me through this whole thing, little by little. lol. There's also many battles of his in the respect thread."

So your claiming he usually matches top tier guys without actually knowing any?

Desespero= didnt win
Lobo= was just a brief scuffle without conclusion
Triton= had conditions
WW= never came close to winning
Deep Blue six= the only one he straight out won

"What I'm saying is, when he runs into a high tier strength, which isn't as often as Superman, he does just fine, even if its physical."

You claimed he -matched- high tier guys before. Matching another high tier its what Hercules does to Thor and Marvel does to Superman.

From your posts, you seem putting Aquaman physically in the same -class- as Superman.

Before the high top tier where Superman is, you still have the regular top tier. Both boderline and middle. Thats where characters like Wonder Man, Namor and (this one is my opinion solely, i dont consider her high tier strengthwise) Wonder Woman.

The difference between these in the same class isent even big. WW and Wman are only shades below the likes of Superman in that regard.

King KAM
He's lifted heavier than that, and fought characters on the level of Herc physically..
smile when?

snoopdogg

Wonder Woman
Classic thor
Mcsterson Thor
Abomination
Adam Warlock
Arkon
Thypon
The Minotaur
Atlas
Dragon Man android
Growing Man

You still think Herc beat WW? laughing Hercules beat Thor? Was Thor using all of his abilities? What about Warlock? The other guys are jabronies used for plot devices.

olympian
"You still think Herc beat WW? Hercules beat Thor? Was Thor using all of his abilities? What about Warlock? The other guys are jabronies used for plot devices."

rolleyes1

How can you be in the thread where i posted the scans and not see it? You seem like you cant read. Here let me help. As you can see (put your glasses on):

The Warlock example is in the tread.

Thyphon is cl 100 depowered, carries an Uber axe and at full power an equal to zeus. These ones arent in the thread. Check Avengers # 50 of the first volume.

Hercules beat Thor physically twice and overpowered another Thor once.

One was when Thor was in the middle of the fight cut down in power and strenght. He was depowered. Same case with Herc and Onslaught Hulk. I dont count it unless one counts the said Hulk example.

Another was in the recent Blood Oath mini. H2H Herc won. Thor had to resort to lighting in order to get free. That one i count.

The other i also count its when Hercules overpowered a Mcsterson Thor, mindcontrolled by Ares and set to kill him.

The two ones i counted are in the thread. But obviously you didnt saw it, did you?

Abomination is another top tier gun. Just not high tier as of now.

Atlas is cl 100 since the Goliath days. Jabrony my arse.

Growing Man is another Big Gun. He has matched Thor briefly, beat down Hawkeye when was Goliath, did well against the rest of the Avengers etc.

How many -above- Aquaman level? Quite the number im afraid.

olympian
Edit:

Beat Thor once and overpowered him twice.

Juntai
"He's lifted heavier than that,"

Not regulary. Thats my point.

"and fought characters on the level of Herc physically"

And what did he do physically to them?

"Why would I need to name them? You've been naming them off for me through this whole thing, little by little. lol. There's also many battles of his in the respect thread."

So your claiming he usually matches top tier guys without actually knowing any?

Desespero= didnt win
Lobo= was just a brief scuffle without conclusion
Triton= had conditions
WW= never came close to winning
Deep Blue six= the only one he straight out won

"What I'm saying is, when he runs into a high tier strength, which isn't as often as Superman, he does just fine, even if its physical."

You claimed he -matched- high tier guys before. Matching another high tier its what Hercules does to Thor and Marvel does to Superman.

From your posts, you seem putting Aquaman physically in the same -class- as Superman.

Before the high top tier where Superman is, you still have the regular top tier. Both boderline and middle. Thats where characters like Wonder Man, Namor and (this one is my opinion solely, i dont consider her high tier strengthwise) Wonder Woman.

The difference between these in the same class isent even big. WW and Wman are only shades below the likes of Superman in that regard. I see .. .

. . .. it's partially down to your interpretation of the words I'm saying then. By that I mean where you consider the tiers and matched to be.

Next, I'll comment on your reading ability.... or maybe thinking I just wouldn't notice. .. . Aquaman vs Despero... in issue 118, right? Where he mandhandled the Despero the whole issue, then they lock into telepathic combat and then goes off panel, and next time you see him he's dominated? He lost the battle by getting dominated telepathically. If you're reading the same issue I got.

Here's Aquaman showing up.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5629/aquamanvsdespero010ep.jpg

Here's Aquaman choking the shit out of him and willing packs of sharks to flock in attack/distract him mentally.
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4625/aquamanvsdespero023lg.jpg

And tackling him into the bottom of the ocean, some dodging a beam attack, and really hammering him with a punch....
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3278/aquamanvsdespero036vg.jpg

That knocks him all the way back to the top of ocean, out of it, and flying through the air. He then uses his bought time check to see if Jonn's OK, and form a little strategy, before they're attacked again..
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/546/aquamanvsdespero046th.jpg

Next Time Aquaman is seen, same as Jonn, they are mentally dominated.

olympian
I read the issue again. Your right in one regard, he did quite well physically.

Problem is it only adds one more to the top tier opponents he has either beat or matched physically wise. Only two do not equally a consistency in a class where others being discussed are. He only starts being if from now on he starts having those as his regular level.

I even had the ideia he did well against Lobo before and when looking at it again, he was manhandled.

Anyway its only two where he look better in the strenght plane. Got more?

snoopdogg
"You still think Herc beat WW? Hercules beat Thor? Was Thor using all of his abilities? What about Warlock? The other guys are jabronies used for plot devices."

rolleyes1

How can you be in the thread where i posted the scans and not see it? You seem like you cant read. Here let me help. As you can see (put your glasses on):

The Warlock example is in the tread.

Thyphon is cl 100 depowered, carries an Uber axe and at full power an equal to zeus. These ones arent in the thread. Check Avengers # 50 of the first volume.

Hercules beat Thor physically twice and overpowered another Thor once.

One was when Thor was in the middle of the fight cut down in power and strenght. He was depowered. Same case with Herc and Onslaught Hulk. I dont count it unless one counts the said Hulk example.

Another was in the recent Blood Oath mini. H2H Herc won. Thor had to resort to lighting in order to get free. That one i count.

The other i also count its when Hercules overpowered a Mcsterson Thor, mindcontrolled by Ares and set to kill him.

The two ones i counted are in the thread. But obviously you didnt saw it, did you?

Abomination is another top tier gun. Just not high tier as of now.

Atlas is cl 100 since the Goliath days. Jabrony my arse.

Growing Man is another Big Gun. He has matched Thor briefly, beat down Hawkeye when was Goliath, did well against the rest of the Avengers etc.

How many -above- Aquaman level? Quite the number im afraid. Like I said those guys are Jabronies used for plot devices regardless of their powerlevel.

There is a difference sunshine.

leonidas
thor is a plot device? confused

don't forget terminus whom herc pretty much single-handedly beat. he's most certainly not a jabrone.

but if it came to a h2h fight, am would end up being checked into the smackdown hotel! if he uses all his powers, am could win.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by leonidas
thor is a plot device? confused

don't forget terminus whom herc pretty much single-handedly beat. he's most certainly not a jabrone.

but if it came to a h2h fight, am would end up being checked into the smackdown hotel! if he uses all his powers, am could win. I should have said 90% of those guys are used for that purpose. Similar to Champion, Gladiator, Rhino etc.

I am not saying those guys are powerful but they are just used to make Herc look strong.

And I am not saying Aquaman is gonna kick Hercs @ss either. It's gonna be a tough fight but if Aqaman uses his abilites he should win more often.

TheKahn
Given that his water hand can heal people, I wonder if it could serve a surrogate "healing factor" for Aquaman in battle... blink

soleran30
I should have said 90% of those guys are used for that purpose. Similar to Champion, Gladiator, Rhino etc.

I am not saying those guys are powerful but they are just used to make Herc look strong.

And I am not saying Aquaman is gonna kick Hercs @ss either. It's gonna be a tough fight but if Aqaman uses his abilites he should win more often.

LOL yeah those guys do make Herc seem alot better, hey that kinda reminds of something with Aquaman. Oh yeah his magic hand cuz without it he would just be another guy on Herc's list of Rhino's and suchsmile

Without some crazy new gimmik for AM I am afraid his ability to command fish on land would be of little use and his mediocre physical showings wouldn't really help eithersmile

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by leonidas
but if it came to a h2h fight, am would end up being checked into the smackdown hotel! if he uses all his powers, am could win. Agreed. This would be a cool fight to see IMO.

Juntai
I read the issue again. Your right in one regard, he did quite well physically.

Problem is it only adds one more to the top tier opponents he has either beat or matched physically wise. Only two do not equally a consistency in a class where others being discussed are. He only starts being if from now on he starts having those as his regular level.

I even had the ideia he did well against Lobo before and when looking at it again, he was manhandled.

Anyway its only two where he look better in the strenght plane. Got more?
Yeah, he beat Olympian physically.
An Imperiex Probe.

What was the conditions for the Triton fight? It looked like an ass-beating to me.

Point is, he can play around in Hercs bracket physically, he may not be able to beat Wonder Woman, but hey... neither will Herc. lol. All powers intact.. he should gather most wins fairly easily.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by soleran30

Without some crazy new gimmik for AM I am afraid his ability to command fish on land would be of little use and his mediocre physical showings wouldn't really help eithersmile It worked just fine on Namor. eek!

Happy Dance ....................... big grin

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/NamorandAquaman3.jpg
(This should stir the pot)

Lucid Lui
LOL yeah those guys do make Herc seem alot better, hey that kinda reminds of something with Aquaman. Oh yeah his magic hand cuz without it he would just be another guy on Herc's list of Rhino's and suchsmile

Without some crazy new gimmik for AM I am afraid his ability to command fish on land would be of little use and his mediocre physical showings wouldn't really help eithersmile Not true. Alot of his best showings have nothing to do with the water hand.

He took out Triton. Fighting Despero (though he technically had the hand, it was covered by a glove and not used). Taking out most of the Deep Six, including Slig (A Superman strength level character.). Ripping Cerberus' head off and throwing it through the gates of hell. Devolving the Shark. And many more. And pretty much all his TP feats have nothing to do with the hand either.

The Water hand was only ever used regularly in the first 12 issues of the current series. Since it was Rick Veitch's creation, he knew what to do with it. After he left though (which was a very good thing) it's been used very little. Other writers tended to ignore it for the most part. Which in fact even seemed to lead to Aquaman donning the gloves again.

The Water hand is used as a way for victory in the Versus forum simply because it is very powerful, and the easiest way for Aquaman to win.

Aquaman is extremely capable without it though.

Lucid Lui
It worked just fine on Namor. eek!

Happy Dance ....................... big grin

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/NamorandAquaman3.jpg
(This should stir the pot) Not to mention if this fight is happeneing anywhere near the coast, well, i think it's safe to say that Aquaman's contact with sea life would come in very handy.

1. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5193/aquamanv503159xf.jpg
2. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9127/aquamanv503169et.jpg
3. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5830/aquamanv503170zn.jpg

Herc would be in trouble if Aquaman did this. Superboy was.

soleran30
Puhlease Superboy's powers are so much beyond AM's thats just embarassing to watch a writer even produce such crapsmile SB may not have been able to hold back all the water but heat vision and TTK would have kept water from ever touching him...........................Now as for Herc he might be in for a little swim..............................so what make the fight in the saharasmile

Juntai
Puhlease Superboy's powers are so much beyond AM's thats just embarassing to watch a writer even produce such crapsmile SB may not have been able to hold back all the water but heat vision and TTK would have kept water from ever touching him...........................Now as for Herc he might be in for a little swim..............................so what make the fight in the saharasmile He didn't have his Superman powers when he was stuck at 16.

soleran30
He didn't have his Superman powers when he was stuck at 16.

No his goggles let him have some super vision as well as his TTK dude any sort of TK and he was still very powerful with TTK then would woop AM's arse.....................make him stab himself with that puny pitchfork for a handsmile

Anyway Hercules couldn't do that however................

but if you get an inkling for SB vs AM thread please feel freesmile

Hercules would more then likely lose in the water.

Juntai
No his goggles let him have some super vision as well as his TTK dude any sort of TK and he was still very powerful with TTK then would woop AM's arse.....................make him stab himself with that puny pitchfork for a handsmile

Anyway Hercules couldn't do that however................

but if you get an inkling for SB vs AM thread please feel freesmile

Hercules would more then likely lose in the water. He was a rookie, and his powers back then were questionable and varried a lot. He wasn't on Aquaman's level yet, physically, in experience, or in confidence.

olympian
"Like I said those guys are Jabronies used for plot devices regardless of their powerlevel.

There is a difference sunshine."

Mcsterson Thor isent a jabronie. That Terminus wasent. Warlock inever was. Goliath/Atlas certainly isent. He has given problem to Hercules and Thor. Including knocking out Herc in Avengers siege. Classic Thor, Hulk and Namor arent jabronies either. And he has at least stalemated all of them.

The only one who IS a jabronie is Abomination who hasent done a thing outside beating Hulk the first time when he was stronger. Problem is he`s still top tier and has to be counted. Hercules and the others are just stronger. No shame in that.

- - -

"Yeah, he beat Olympian physically."

He used the magic Trident, didnt he? It "stabbed" on Olympian`s chest before AQ ever laid a punch iirc.

- - -

"An Imperiex Probe."

The Magic Trident. They made it clear he needed it in order to defend his realm.

- - -

"What was the conditions for the Triton fight? It looked like an ass-beating to me."

The condition of workship. The right to its power. The deziens of the seas saw the fight to be decided who they wanted as protector. Triton also implied that he would prefer to just kill him right there instead of going with the "ancient ways". At least its what i got from reading the issue.

- - -

"Herc would be in trouble if Aquaman did this. Superboy was"

Herc doesnt need to breath. Immortal Herc anyway. Altho for some dumb reason they sometimes showed him with an air breather like the rest of the Avengers. Thor as well. In Namor # 58 Stinger even says Mcsterson is using the air breather just to fit in with everyone altho he doesnt even need it.

Regarding of what he can do underwater, he has fought Namor well in the past and walked thro Jean`s TK (when she was a "cacoon" in the bottom of the ocean) that was restraining everyone else, Namor included.

Lucid Lui
"Yeah, he beat Olympian physically."

He used the magic Trident, didnt he? It "stabbed" on Olympian`s chest before AQ ever laid a punch iirc. Well according to Triton the Trident isn't where the power comes from. But regardless of that, the Trident has been shown to have it's own magic.

In the fight with Olympian there was no magic effects shown or stated to be used. Aquaman used the Trident simply as a melee weapon and then KO'ed him with his fist. IMO a physical victory.

"An Imperiex Probe."

The Magic Trident. They made it clear he needed it in order to defend his realm. Now in this fight magic is actually shown to be coursing through the Trident, unlike the Olympian fight. So yeah, the armour and Trident were the key to his victory here.

"What was the conditions for the Triton fight? It looked like an ass-beating to me."

The condition of workship. The right to its power. The deziens of the seas saw the fight to be decided who they wanted as protector. Triton also implied that he would prefer to just kill him right there instead of going with the "ancient ways". At least its what i got from reading the issue. Yeah, but you're looking for examples of Aquaman beating top/high tier characters in a purely physical match. This is a perfect example.

Triton is definately up there in strength. In this scan he's manhandling a younger Wonder Woman.

Aquaman beat him in a purely physical confrontation where both are clearly going all out.

"Herc would be in trouble if Aquaman did this. Superboy was"

Herc doesnt need to breath. Immortal Herc anyway. Altho for some dumb reason they sometimes showed him with an air breather like the rest of the Avengers. Thor as well. In Namor # 58 Stinger even says Mcsterson is using the air breather just to fit in with everyone altho he doesnt even need it.

Regarding of what he can do underwater, he has fought Namor well in the past and walked thro Jean`s TK (when she was a "cacoon" in the bottom of the ocean) that was restraining everyone else, Namor included. Aquaman flooding the coast will no doubt disorientate Hercules a great deal. And if the fight does move underwater, Hercules will be at a great disadvantage, even if he can breath, since Aquaman's other abilities would come into play at full force and he'd have him completely outmatched in speed.

Juntai
Good post^

Thing is... it's shown he can hang in Herc's bracket physically. Herc might be stronger, might be more durable, but I don't see it as a simply vast margin where Hercs just going to pick up a rock and smash him with it, which is where this physical debate started. lolol.
Given his much more vast array of powers and being able to hang physically as well, Herc simply becomes too one dimensional for Aquaman, and he'd gather more wins in however many confrontations.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Not to mention if this fight is happeneing anywhere near the coast, well, i think it's safe to say that Aquaman's contact with sea life would come in very handy.

1. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5193/aquamanv503159xf.jpg
2. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9127/aquamanv503169et.jpg
3. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5830/aquamanv503170zn.jpg

Herc would be in trouble if Aquaman did this. Superboy was.

Ha! Namor could do that without whales. stick out tongue

And Aquaman would kick Superboy's ass.

Juntai
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Ha! Namor could do that without whales. stick out tongue

And Aquaman would kick Superboy's ass. So can Aquaman currently.

And Aquaman vs Superboy would be a lot different this time around, given both of them have matured more, and are blessed with many more abilities.

DarkCrawler
Namor does it without stinky water hands. miffed

And I'd still give Aquaman the advantage against Superboy.

olympian
"In the fight with Olympian there was no magic effects shown or stated to be used. Aquaman used the Trident simply as a melee weapon and then KO'ed him with his fist. IMO a physical victory.

Now in this fight magic is actually shown to be coursing through the Trident, unlike the Olympian fight. So yeah, the armour and Trident were the key to his victory here"

I had the impression the power the Trident possesed was something ineherent to it. In the Imperiex fight we only see magic glimpses when Aq stabs the probe. I saw the Olympian example as something alike.

But considering there was no statement or glimpses that magic was used, you are correct. He needed to use the trident, but it was still his force behind the trow. Same with Olympian trowing that discuss at MM or Hercules using his mace on someone. Correct. That makes 3.

- - -

"Triton is definately up there in strength. In this scan he's manhandling a younger Wonder Woman.

Aquaman beat him in a purely physical confrontation where both are clearly going all out."

This one i have honestly doubts. Triton is up there, but the way the fight was presented to us, gives an implication that workship had something to do with it. Triton itself claims he doenst wish to, but he has to follow the ancient battle rules, other than just kill him.

This one is a matter of reading it i guess.

- - -

"Aquaman flooding the coast will no doubt disorientate Hercules a great deal. And if the fight does move underwater, Hercules will be at a great disadvantage, even if he can breath, since Aquaman's other abilities would come into play at full force and he'd have him completely outmatched in speed"

AQ underwater will have the advantage, its his home turf after all, and Herc doenst even pack flight to use against the opponent. AQ is going to be at his best and Herc isent.

I dont belive however as one poster said, its going to be easy (wasent you), he has nice underwater feats for someone who totally is out of his element.

And yes. As immortal he doesnt need to breath. Unless the writer forgets about it. Wich has happened in more than one ocassion.

soleran30
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Namor does it without stinky water hands. miffed

And I'd still give Aquaman the advantage against Superboy.

Stifle thine Namor filth! Current Superboy would own those 2 so quickly it would be embarassing................lets see he survived the full on beating of SBP. Yeah these 2 guys aren't more powerful then him and certainly not gonna say more durable.

Anyway on land far far from water I would give Herc good odds 5/10 or better since people are saying that magic hand is doing less and less today!

Juntai
Stifle thine Namor filth! Current Superboy would own those 2 so quickly it would be embarassing................lets see he survived the full on beating of SBP. Yeah these 2 guys aren't more powerful then him and certainly not gonna say more durable.

Anyway on land far far from water I would give Herc good odds 5/10 or better since people are saying that magic hand is doing less and less today! It's still a usable part of his arsenal in the arguements.

And I hope people realise Aquaman doesn't dry out and weaken anymore.

soleran30
The magic hand keeps him moist lol but doesn't it sorta dry if it is "used up" I mean temporarily

Lucid Lui
The Magic hand doesn't run out. Unless of course you've got an annoying as hell villain stealing it's fingers one by one and even then it's still got tons of juice.

So yeah, Magic hand has never been shown to weaken or run out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.