Classic Juggernaut vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x_danny_x
Superman will win after getting tired of hitting Juggernaut all day and just throw Juggernaut somewhere far to fight another day!

well I know this will get the fights started

BobbyD
Gotta go with the man in blue and red tights.

Napalm
Well if I was superman I would pick him up and take him into space and try to lauch him into the sun. If supes can do that hell win

x_danny_x
hheeheee, the throwing into space trick and now added throwing into the Sun. Works every time!

Fanboy
Okay Superman will smack Juggernaut around for a while and Juggernaut will just stand up and be knocked down again.

KillAll
i think hulk wins cause he has unlimited strength wink

it seems the hulk fans would say something like that so i thought i'd jump in and say it. they think hulk can beat superman (yea right) and juggernaut (yea right) and probably at the same time...

but superman and juggernaut threads shouldnt be created. nor should dc/marvel. same universe battles are cool. unless the 2 companies merge into one, and all of one universe is powered up (marvel) or all of one universe is powered down (DC). that would be cool.

KillAll
not an amalgam thing either... just twice as many characters in the same amount of space...

juggernaut74
I go offline for a week and how the heck did all of these Juggernaut threads come about. Anyways as tough as Juggernaut is he will not beat down Superman. There I said it. Like somebody said Superman will beat him down but Juggy will get right back up. They did actually have a confrontation in the Marvel vs. DC comic. Superman floored Juggy with one shot and left Juggy with a what the hell look on his face. In the end Juggy cannot stand up to the mighty Superman.

Tron
I hear ya KillAll, but I don't completely agree though. Some Marvel/DC match-ups are pretty good, if matched right that is. Some shouldn't happen, but some have pretty good potential though. Then again, it's all on how you think about it I guess.

And jugg74, I agree. Although Supes can't really hurt Juggernaut, there's no way for Juggernaut to really get an offensive advantage. Defensive maybe, but not offensive.

ayjay
superman beats down jugz.....but i dunno about killing him.....but beating him...defintely

manjaro
i hate to do this but that now infamous crossover issue that showed supes man handling hulk. after the worlds started to amalgamate juggy was the first person supes put his hands on. in fact he said "i dont know who you are or where you came from, but i do know you dont belong here", follwed by a swift right hand to the face. juggy even saId GHHN! upon receving the blow

x_danny_x
I understand about the Crossovers not going.........well... not making any sense but the Batman vs Captain America match up was pretty good!

made more sense than when Batman fought Wonder Woman and almost won laughing

Fanboy
Hey Superman will beat down Juggernaut and Juggernaut will be defeated but be to proud to admit it.

Dark_Juggernaut
If they HAVE to fight till one dies, Juggy will win simply because he can fight for eternity and even supes gets tired. But supes is to crazy for Juggy to have a good opening, and he'll constantly be tossed around like when he fought war. He'll never get hurt tho, even if he's tossed into the sun...he'll just float in space being pissed at supes for leaving him there.

Swanky-Tuna
If he's thrown into the sun he'll just jump back out.

Alpha Centauri
And people say that he hasn't got credit off the back of his thread with Hulk.

He's gone from an X-Men villain to a credible challenge for Superman and The Silver Surfer.

Get real.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
You say it like 100% of those threads are made by people who know what they're talking about.

Alpha Centauri
"You say it like 100% of those threads are made by people who know what they're talking about."

Half the people talking in them have no clue what they're saying either.

Some of those threads shouldn't get past the second page.

-AC

theflyxx
The Boy Scout in blue takes this one.

deathclock
made me spit coffee on my keyboard, thx alot

juggernaut74
Juggernaut is no Match for Superman. Im sure Superman would find a way to stop Juggy.

David Duchovony
Can Juggernaut really survive in the sun??? I really don't think so, that's Supes territory.

Khellendros
It doesn't matter if he can survive or not. He has NO way of escaping its gravity. Superman just needs to get him close and nature will take care of the rest. Of course, getting Juggy there is easier said than done....

Swanky-Tuna
He'll rise out of it. It's the way of the Juggernaut.

Alpha Centauri
"He'll rise out of it. It's the way of the Juggernaut."

Hahahahaha if you believe for one solitary second that Juggernaut is capable of beating Superman....well....say no more.

"Juggernaut is no Match for Superman. Im sure Superman would find a way to stop Juggy."

If he could, why couldn't anyone else?

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
Well, if rising from the sun represents beating Superman then yeah, he can. Otherwise, I don't recall my posts being about anything but escaping the sun.

edit: screwy wording

Tron
I think you're wrong David, Juggernaut COULD survive the Sun, although that's pretty much all he can do in that situation, but I don't think it would get to that.

Anyways, as has been said, there's really no way for Supes to harm Juggernaut. He can hit him with his best attacks and Juggernaut would brush them off and keep coming. That being said, there's really little Juggernaut could do to beat someone as versatile as Supes. Juggernaut could land a lucky punch or two, which Supes would definitely feel, but other than that, there's little Juggs can do. There's more than one way for Supes to deal with Juggernaut, like drilling a deep, deep hole underneath Juggernaut's own feet. That's just one example I can think of right now, and I'm sure there'd be more ideas in that super-noggin of his.

And Swank just made a decent point Alpha, you read way too much into things sometimes.wink

Alpha Centauri
"And Swank just made a decent point Alpha, you read way too much into things sometimes"

Funny you should say that because:

"Hahahahaha if you believe for one solitary second that Juggernaut is capable of beating Superman....well....say no more."

I was merely stating that if by a chance you do believe Juggernaut can beat Superman for whatever reason, with no coincidence to your Sun theory, that it's laughable to me. With no disrespect meant. The fact that I quoted that passage doesn't necessarily mean I am referring to it in the same way you used it.

-AC

Swanky-Tuna
If you weren't assuming I was defending Juggernaut's chances then why post it? Seemed like you got overzealous on your "Jump to Conclusions" mat. No matter, what's done is done and we don't need another dictionary-like debate.

x_danny_x
i dont think Juggy can survive the sun! No way

juggernaut74
He probably can survive the sun its Juggernaut surviving Superman that I am concerned about.

Draco69
The sun is to Superman like water is to Namor. It just makes him stronger.

Tron
I think he can, he's just durable enough for something like that. Although, he'd have a lot of time to think about how he f*cked up while in there.

SarKastic_OJ
Like someone said before, it's the same exact argument that applies for hulk applies for Juggernaut as well, his superior versatility applied with his superior intelligence would cause Supes to run circles around the slow-moving, inferior thinking being called Juggernaut.

Superman has too many perks in this battle to just simply "overlook", one being his versatility(strength, speed, heatvision, icebreath, intelligence, durability,manueverability, etc..), The Juggernaut just basically has strength and durability to stand upon and that is NOT enough to defeat one alien deemed Kal-EL.Superman has beaten geniuses alike, stronger beings of Juggernaut'ish proportion using merely his logical intelligence.

The Juggernaut is just to slow, not too smart and is going to have to literally make superman play his game...a blow for blow slugfest.which is his only sure fire way of winning..Superman is not so naive...and like I said before, when brute strength fails him, his intelligence comes to call(kind of like karma )..

x_danny_x
what levels of heat can he withstand????? Im assuming he is so heavy that he will fall to the core of the Sun!

He cant constantly withstand the heat of the Sun can he???

Tron
I seriously doubt withstanding it is even an issue. He can sit in the sun for eternity and not be damaged, his life would just suck is all. He's taken plenty of heat and not even acknowledged it. He's had molten steel dropped on him, taken an explosion from a fuel truck, has had his armor heated to the point that it was glowing white, and didn't even notice it in the least. And him being heavy isn't an issue either, cause the sun's gravity would pull him to the core anyways.

demigawd
But...I thought nothing could stop the Juggernaut. Are you saying that the GRAVITY of a BLACK HOLE in SPACE could stop him? Doesn't that mean he's NOT unstoppable???

The Flash
War Hulk has already stopped him. Not a big deal.

Tron
Well, as has always been stated, once he starts moving in a direction, no force on Earth can stop him.

On EARTH.

Now, there aren't too many black holes on Earth is there?

And, War's power wasn't exactly Earthly either.

ZephroCarnelian
If Jugs DID get thrown into the sun, he'd be trapped. Period. There's nothing for him to push against to gain any motion, plus, even if he did - what's the power of a magic gem compared to the power of the sun which keeps the planets nailed in their orbits...? Nothing.

The problem is, how would Supes get Jugs up there? Is the Man of Steel strong enough to get Jugs into a bear-hug from behind and fly up to the sun with him?

If Hulk could fly, you think Hulk vs Jugs would've been a shorter thread lol?

Swanky-Tuna
I tells ya, he'll rise out of the sun. What is there to push against in a quicksand pit? What's there to push against when you're levitated telepathically?

Of course it wouldn't be in a timely manner unless it was written for a long fight. Then he'd leap out at Superman with "YYAAAAAARRRR!!!" written across the top in an arc.

K3VIL
Juggernaut was stopped from War Hulk.
Post Crisis Superman is still pretty powerful, he'll finally stop him and defeat him.

Mainstream
perhaps.

savagerampage
Superman cant hurt Juggernaut. and juggs has magical power in nature which affects superman. the thing with this fight is what kind of fight are we talking about here. If it was a last man standing match superman would lose just like he did with doomsday, cause he will eventually tire and he cant hurt juggs. Venom almost beat superman almost killed him for that matter. but if its a normal fight superman win hands down, he is just to fast for juggernaut

Betageuze
i only saw the two in the Marvel vs. DC battles.... when Superman tooks down Juggernaut with one fist... but this wasnt a real match...

is Superman stronger than a full powered Juggernaut ?

Swanky-Tuna
There's already a thread for this here.
Possibly the one where I repeated a bunch that Juggernaut would rise out of the sun.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm not gonna debate this, because I really don't know. But, I just got the Juggernaut action figure, and I'm sure I could seriously hurt some child dressed as Superman for Halloween with the damn thing. It's like ten pounds of plastic. It freaking huge!

Swanky-Tuna
Child? Dude, you could crack the skull of a rhino with those things. You could attach it to a stick and a chain and go nuts on the town.

kgkg
Superman wins

savagerampage
You see, i do think superman would beat juggernaut 7/10 times. he can toss the juggernaut, via ring out, burry him under a mountain etc. alhough if its a death fight superman would go down. Juggernauts durability is infinate, supes will tire, and just like in the doomsday fight he would be pounded to death.

I have a question, juggernauts powers are magical, superman is immune to magic. would juggernauts forcefield have some negative effect on supermans if the to were to come in contact with each other.

and juggernaut being magical, would his punches penetrate supermans forcefield,? im curious.

Cosmic Cube
The simple fact that Juggernaut is magical in nature could allow him the win. Superman has absolutely no resistance to magic. One Cyttorak-charged punch from Juggy might KO him.

Juggy loses 7-10? I would say Juggernaut wins 7-10.

savagerampage
i mean in conventional fights like supes wins via ring out or entrapment.
death fight i would agree with ur last stat juggernaut would win 7/10

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
One Cyttorak-charged punch from Juggy might KO him.

Im lost for words.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Im lost for words. Come on. Try harder.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I'm not gonna debate this, because I really don't know. But, I just got the Juggernaut action figure, and I'm sure I could seriously hurt some child dressed as Superman for Halloween with the damn thing. It's like ten pounds of plastic. It freaking huge! Do you mean the Marvel Legends figure? Cause if you do your right that figure is huge.

juggernaut74
Come on. Try harder. Ok then. Juggernaut has no chance beating Superman. Although Superman may not K.O. him he will find a way to stop Juggy.

long pig
Ive thought the same thing, juggernaught is like a magic doomsday, but ive heard that DC magic is different than Marvel magic, the two are on different wave lengths or some stupid crap .

If done right juggernaut could seriously hurt superman with magic assed punches.
yea, magic assed punches.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Ok then. Juggernaut has no chance beating Superman. Although Superman may not K.O. him he will find a way to stop Juggy.

Juggernaut has an advantage against Superman. Superman may be stronger and faster, but Juggy is exponentially more durable, and he has Superman's weakness: magic. His entire body is magical. It is not unreasonable to think that Juggernaut's punches would inflict massive damage on Superman, simply because of the magical origin of Juggernaut's strength.

long pig
I agree, it'd either be a really long drawn out fight where jugs magic doesnt bother superman and SM wins, or a 20 second fight where jugs knocks him out first punch.

Cosmic Cube
I don't know where you heard the "different wavelength" argument, but Magic is Magic. I suppose there are a couple of ways Superman could win, but Juggernaut has a distinct advantage.

savagerampage
there is only 2 ways superman can win this fight. ring out or trapping juggernaut in something. other than that, superman in a slugfest will go down to the juggernaut.

derrick24
superman is great and all, but i cant see him beating juggernaut. If they were trapped in a adamantium room, juggernaut could just lay there and let superman pound on him. the guy has problems with metallo, and juggernaut is alot more powerful than him. When im reading superman books, i never see him just grabbing somebody and throwing them in the air, he usually tries to ko his opponent. fighting juggernaut would be a fight that he would really need to get some prep time or martian manhunter to help him on because once juggernaut wears that solar energy down, supes is a goner. nobody on this sight, please dont say that superman would take juggernaut helmet off and ko him because the helmet is only for psychic attacks, his head is invulnerable to. another thing, during the fight if juggernaut just get tired of superman efforts, he could easily just put his force field up, its a sure win then.

derrick24
superman has no way in beating juggernaut. heatvision wont work, freeze breath wont work, his strength wont work, his speed wont work. Juggernaut faces this everyday but its not with 1 person, he alway fights teams. Superman speed should never beat brought in his battles with other superpowered beings because the guy get thrown on occasions by batman. If the comic book was written correctly juggernaut should pound on superman until that solar energy is gone. The jla had a hard time with general zod (if i spelled that right) which is juggernaut but he can be harmed where juggernaut cant. If you read juggernaut bio, he is totally indestructible, anytime u see him fighting (well majority of the time) its a team hes fighting. Its no fighting him 1on1, thor thought he could and got the breaks beaten off of him and then a team (forgot what team) came to assist him, while he heal. People always saying that superman will just fly up to people and throw them to them sun. What superpowered being would let that happen, none. Let me tell u how durable juggernaut is, he could just lay down and let superman pound on him all day and wont get a scratch. He could just put his force field up the entire fight and run at superman the entire fight crushing him. Once juggernaut starts moving in 1 pace theres nothing that can stop his movement, read that from wizard. If superman run across a telepathic power then i could see him winning but if he dont he better call the jla because its going to be another doomsday fight but ending with juggernaut not being killed like doomsday did, due to juggernaut durability, and force field. the only person who really owned juggernaut was onslaught and i understand that a 100% due to the psychic powers he had. Let me tell you a feat that juggernaut pulled the guy was burned to a crisp by a mystic by the name of dyspare, all of his meat was taken off of his bones and he was still walking and coming at full strength, a pile of bones with a helmet. Superman has no way of beating him. end of discussion.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by derrick24
superman has no way in beating juggernaut. heatvision wont work, freeze breath wont work, his strength wont work, his speed wont work. Juggernaut faces this everyday but its not with 1 person, he alway fights teams. Superman speed should never beat brought in his battles with other superpowered beings because the guy get thrown on occasions by batman. If the comic book was written correctly juggernaut should pound on superman until that solar energy is gone. The jla had a hard time with general zod (if i spelled that right) which is juggernaut but he can be harmed where juggernaut cant. If you read juggernaut bio, he is totally indestructible, anytime u see him fighting (well majority of the time) its a team hes fighting. Its no fighting him 1on1, thor thought he could and got the breaks beaten off of him and then a team (forgot what team) came to assist him, while he heal. People always saying that superman will just fly up to people and throw them to them sun. What superpowered being would let that happen, none. Let me tell u how durable juggernaut is, he could just lay down and let superman pound on him all day and wont get a scratch. He could just put his force field up the entire fight and run at superman the entire fight crushing him. Once juggernaut starts moving in 1 pace theres nothing that can stop his movement, read that from wizard. If superman run across a telepathic power then i could see him winning but if he dont he better call the jla because its going to be another doomsday fight but ending with juggernaut not being killed like doomsday did, due to juggernaut durability, and force field. the only person who really owned juggernaut was onslaught and i understand that a 100% due to the psychic powers he had. Let me tell you a feat that juggernaut pulled the guy was burned to a crisp by a mystic by the name of dyspare, all of his meat was taken off of his bones and he was still walking and coming at full strength, a pile of bones with a helmet. Superman has no way of beating him. end of discussion.

You like Juggernaut then roll eyes (sarcastic) well done roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wanderer259
I'd say stalemate. Juggernaut has that unique ability to just not be stopped. If Juggernaut decides to start moving, Superman can't stop him. That being said, Juggs really can't do anything to Superman so I'd call this a match.

FieryBalrog
the sun wouldnt kill juggernaut- he's invincible to all such ordinary forces- but he wouldnt be able to get out, period.

He's unstoppable, yea, but he can be slowed down, a lot. I mean it took him 10 years to get out of that original landslide... and it was just a landslide! Hes been knocked over plenty of times, and thrown off balance, and generally impeded... it doesnt STOP him, nothing like that will, but if hes thrown into the sun hes not getting out.

long pig
Juggernaut would last longer than the sun would actually.

DigiMark007
I'll stay with Superman, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that Juggs' power is magic-based. Properly written, even one punch should do a lot more damage to Supes than a regular class-100 punch, with Superman's vulnerability to magic.

That said, if SM is smart about it, he wouldn't let that happen and would continually use his speed to his advantage. A slip up, though, and Juggs could have the upper hand...

-DM

ZephroCarnelian
And after one punch from Juggs, Supes wouldn't let it hapen again. Ever.

Supes can play with Juggs like a child with a snail.

Supes might not be able to hurt Juggs, but that means nothing. He could smack him into a mountain, then drop another one on top of him. It wouldn't hurt him, but he'd be stuck for a long while.

Plus, the flying into space theory would work.

Heck, Supes could probably punch Juggs from above, sending him flying straight through the Earth, out the otherside and into deep space.

And ''Juggernaut cannot be stopped!!!''

Err... so what? This argument makes no sense whatsoever. Who cares if he can't be stopped? Do fights always happen on one straight line?

Juggernaut runs forward. Supes take a sidestep to the left or right.

Wow. What an amazing power....

dawsey28
The magic punches harm Supes but not that much. In Crises Times Five 1 and 2 (JLA# 28 and 29) Cap'n Marvel soaked his fists in Magic and punched out Supes. It only took a couple punches but he had to SOAK his fists in Magic first. CM's powers are based on magic, but a regular punch from him doesn't bother Supes all that much. So a regular punch from Juggernaut shouldn't either.

Supposedly nothing can stop the Juggernaut even though a few Marvel characters have including a certain mo-hawked being that's supposed to be Superman's equal.

Supes wins this. He has way too many powers to spare.

Cosmic Cube
If I'm not mistaken, Juggernaut can use magic as well.

kgkg
Supes will win this battle.

But you got to remember

Jugs has humiliated Thor's attack, hulk (savage) couldn't take him down.

I don't think Supes attacks will hurt jugs at all. (Of course it will send him flying all over the places)

-if supes in written well jugs will get few hits if he is lucky

But sending him to space will work.

black robb
Even though Superman wouldnt be able to kill him he could throw him into space and be rid of him

Wickerman
Yes, he'd be stuck inside the sun for as long as the Sun lasts......or about 5 minutes when a time/space travelling entity known as UDSTHKJG KJVBKGBKS tells him he'll save him by taking him to an alternate dimension if he does him just a LITTLE favor. mad

I hate time/space travelling.

~wickerman~

juggernaut74
Originally posted by dawsey28

Supposedly nothing can stop the Juggernaut even though a few Marvel characters have including a certain mo-hawked being that's supposed to be Superman's equal.

Wasnt that a cartoon?

dawsey28
Ah crap. You may be right. In fact I think you are. It all runs together sometimes.

long pig
If I'm not mistaken, Juggernaut can use magic as well.
Yea, he can.
Hell, he even has used magical energy blasts from his hands before.
Don't know exactly whatever happend to that.

dawsey28
Can he do that all the time? Like say if he and Supes just landed somewhere and fought?

Supes still has speed on his side.

long pig
I don't know.
Jug uses some powers more than other, but he has them.

Superman can't hurt jugs at all.
Jugs CAN hurt Superman....probably more than any other strong man can via magic.

If this was a fight till the finish with no ring-outs, then jug would when everytime, jug has no finish.

With ring-outs, superman can throw him into the sun....which jug still may be able to walk right out of via his power to not be stopped....point your way to earth and walk, he's walked on air before using that.

derrick24
superman aint throwing no juggernaut in the sun. Why havent the hulk threw him in the sun, why havent colossus threw him in the sun, why havent thor threw him in the sun because the guy is unstoppable. Superman loses this fight, he dont have the tools to bring juggernaut, whereas juggernaut could just beat the breaks off of superman and drain that solar battery. Superman aint koeing him, he would win because of martian manhunter. Superman fans this is a lost for him, superman gets hit by slow people on a regular basis, so speed wont be a factor in this fight, example; metallo, no speed at all. If juggernaut decides to put that field up the fight would be over because the guy is already totally indestructible but with the force field he is unstoppable and the only thing superman would have the power to do is just watch juggernaut destroy his city.

black robb
Originally posted by Wickerman
Yes, he'd be stuck inside the sun for as long as the Sun lasts......or about 5 minutes when a time/space travelling entity known as UDSTHKJG KJVBKGBKS tells him he'll save him by taking him to an alternate dimension if he does him just a LITTLE favor. mad

I hate time/space travelling.

~wickerman~ "I hate time/space travelling"
yeah me too its the excuse for everything in comics

Wickerman
Originally posted by black robb
"I hate time/space travelling"
yeah me too its the excuse for everything in comics

Yeah, it's not the intricate mechanics of it all that i have a problem with, it's the crappy way its used that bothers me BLEAH!

~wickerman~

Creshosk
When was the last time Superman threw anybody into space to get rid of them?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by long pig
Yea, he can.
Hell, he even has used magical energy blasts from his hands before.
Don't know exactly whatever happend to that.
I recall he used magic to shrink... Nightmare? to a human-ish size so they could grapple.

He seems to have a lot of powers that were only used a few times.

newjak86
It is true that jugs is unstoppable. The hulk and Thor have all tangled with him and tryed to defeat him. As they can attest to it didn't work. Supes brings mad powers and has all the things jugs can't compete with. Long range attacks and speed have always been a problem for jugs, but he has always come back to show he isn't some brainless oaf, but has some intellect. The whole throwing him into the sun idea is just stupid. That being said the fight goes to a tie. Nobony can knock out jugs, but supes is a good a chance as anyboby

Jason8200
Derrick24 you are one illiterate speaking son of a bi*ch. Seriously Hooked on Phonics. Get it.

Now to the discussion. Juggernaut is only strength and invulnerability. Superman is that plus lots more. Juggernaut loses to the X-Men almost all the time. Now lets remember what happened when Juggs showed up in Metropolis and punched the Daily Planet. One hit from Supes and Juggs was laying on the ground with birds flying around his head.

8bitChris
Crossovers arn't canon. Its' like comparing the cartoon to the comic. Similar, but totally seperate from each other.

So are we talking the real Juggernaut from the actual Marvel Continuity? Or the one handled by a foreign writer from a different comic company who doesn't necessarily know enough of Juggernaut's history to write him correctly?

Dizzle
I wouldn't use the crossover as an example... Storm beat WonderWoman, Aquaman beat Namor (no telepathy involved), etc etc.

But Derrick, the strong guys you mentioned are nowhere near Superman's level (I realize a pissed off Hulk would be... But base Hulk is no Superman) Juggernaut doesn't have energy draining abilities either, dunno where you got that. Juggernaut can walk in a straight line forever, but he wouldn't be doing anything to Superman then, would he. Once he stops to shange direction or take a swing, Supes picks him up and chucks him somewhere.

long pig
Jason? You ok man? laughing

I said "throw him into the sun" thing because, in actuality, Superman could probably fly him there, but the chances of him doing that is slim.

And limitless stamina and limitless strength as well....also being backed by a God doesn't hurt either.

Name a time he lost that didn't involve telepathy. I dare you......go ahead, do it.
It never happens, and since Superman doesn't have telepathy, he can't do anything.

Are you talking about the silly fanbased x-over??
That was a cross over where Wolverine beat Lobo, it's considered bullshit by nearly everyone.

Superman only wins by ring out, that's his only option.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Jason8200
Juggernaut loses to the X-Men almost all the time.
The X-Men have like 40 telepaths. Superman is about 0 telepaths. Guess how they put Juggernaut down every time.

brainchild81
Juggs is powered by magic. Magic is one of Supes weaknessess. Juggs wins!

IRTMU-Dragon
Can we just say, from now on, in all juggernaut battles, hes powered up to full? Cause' when he had his 8th circle of magic going when those thugs took him over, he was punching through dimensions, and had like 150 class strength, and was like impossible to move, and could create force fields resistant to xavier's psychics... He was unstoppable.

But if Hulk cant stop Juggernaut for long, then Superman will be worse.

IRTMU-Dragon
Oh and that sun crack, Juggernaut can be burned alive and still be alive, also he was thrown into space before and just kinda swam around, it didnt kill him, besides the fact he doesnt have to breathe.

brainchild81
Good posts

SarKastic_OJ
Superman would beat the crap out of Juggernaut bar none...

Yeah, Juggernaut may be invulnerable but that's never stopped Superman from breaking the barrier(so to speak)..

I'm sure Doomsday was invunerable as hell too but Supes still somehow killed him in a blow for blow bout..

First off Superman's speed would come in handy in this battle due to the slowness of his opponent. Yeah Superman is hit by guys like Metallo just so Supes wouldn't go around flawlessly beating all his opponents thus making a very boring comic..

Supes has too many advantages to his name, them being: Stronger at base strength, superior speed, smarter, more versatile, has flight, long range attacks and a "way" better win/loss record. Juggs may only have better durability...Supes always finds a way around every disadvantage because Kal-EL is a more "fighting conscious" type of hero and actually learns from experience while Juggs only lives off of his brute stength and bullying durability.

Sorry Juggs fans but Superman is damn near unbeatable, designed to be the "perfect" superhero and finding someone whom just has "one" advantage isn't good enough...

IRTMU-Dragon
Well im sure Superman can withstand a dimensional rift tear super punch...
oh wait, that would bust apart his molecules.

Regardless, Juggernaut is INVINCIBLE, I wouldnt even call him invulnreble. He is impossible to harm through physical means.

WOLVERINEFAN
if superman is past the power and might of cytorak, then he wins. if not, the fight will never end

brainchild81
Superman gets his lame a$$ murdered fighting Juggs. Supes is likely to hurt himself punching someone with a magical force field.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The X-Men have like 40 telepaths. Superman is about 0 telepaths. Guess how they put Juggernaut down every time.

Its true, the X-men have way too many telepaths. Including all these newer "limited" telepaths like Prodigy, Moonstar, etc.

armandovalles
Post-Crisis Superman

VS

Classic Juggernaut

Who wins?

DISCUSS

Cosmo Kramer
boring!

Cosmo Kramer
I bet Superman could take him to the sun.

armandovalles
yea i bet he could too, if Juggy let him, but if Juggy didnt, lol, then i doubt it

masterbruce
do you count ringout as a win, if so then supes wins

or else theres not much he could do to jugges

Cosmo Kramer
could Juggernaut and Superman lift the Blob working together?

armandovalles
yea easily one of them could probly do it. Hulk did all by himself.

Cosmo Kramer
Hulk is much stronger.

golem370
He flies Juggs to the sun then what the Sun is not going to bother Juggernaut

roughrider
Can Juggernaut be picked up if he doesn't want to? He had to be distracted once in X-Men for Rogue to bound up and absorb him, enough to lift him off the ground and send him back down meteor-style.

Metalmanx
Okay. This is another Stalemate. Superman can do ABSOLUTELY nothing to harm or damage Juggy in any way.

While Juggernaut can do nothing to damage him either (though it would be more believable).

Stalemate.

Cosmo Kramer
no i know for a fact Gladiator flung Juggernaut like he was nothing.

superman302
you realize that juggernaut cant fly and there is noway he is going to be able to hit superman, and yall are makin supes out to be so weak, if you dont remember when supes first fought the hulk it took 3 days of fighting for the hulk to even reach supes level of stregth, so i mean superman can hold his own against juggernaut.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Cosmo Kramer

That was in the Cartoon was it not? I saw that episode. Not saying that it couldnt happen in the comics though.

Metalmanx

Uh...yea. Glads can do that. But he didn't hurt Juggy in the slightest.

Juggernaut is only 900 lbs. I'm sure if Superman caught him off guard and hit him he'd go flying, too.

If ring out is a victory, then yes. Supes wins.

If not, then the fight is a stalemate.

Whether or not Juggernaut can fly.

long pig
Yeah, it was the cartoon. In the comic, it was Phoenix who flung him.

That and the Ghost Rider/Galactus scenario always comes up in these threads.

long pig
Maybe we should cool it with the Jug fights, they are quite boring. erm

yahman
Hulk is much stronger.

Than Superman ?

yahman

I know for a fact you are talking about the cartoon !!!!!!!!!!!!

wannabe
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Okay. This is another Stalemate. Superman can do ABSOLUTELY nothing to harm or damage Juggy in any way.

While Juggernaut can do nothing to damage him either (though it would be more believable).

Stalemate.
Right...boring!!! yawn

golem370
I know it's been done but I haven't seen it in along time who wins?

Juntai
Superman does.

golem370
How?

Juntai
Whistles hard at him.
The powerful winds blow off his helmet, and the high pitched frequency snaps his eardrums and drops him.

I dunno, its possible though farfetched it may seem.
Juggs really isn't hanging with Superman regardless of how you see it.

golem370
Look Superman said that Thor was one toughest fighters he ever faced yet Juggernaut made Thor look like a fool when they faced off. Juggernaut has the strength Durability and the Stamina to out last Superman there is no way for Superman to K.O Juggernaut but If Juggernaut keep hitting Superman then Superman will fall eventually. Even Wizard Magazine said he could hit with the same kind of power as Superman.

juggernaut66666
even phoenix said that juggernaut can't be beaten phisically

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by golem370
Look Superman said that Thor was one toughest fighters he ever faced yet Juggernaut made Thor look like a fool when they faced off. Juggernaut has the strength Durability and the Stamina to out last Superman there is no way for Superman to K.O Juggernaut but If Juggernaut keep hitting Superman then Superman will fall eventually. Even Wizard Magazine said he could hit with the same kind of power as Superman.
in which issue?

Juntai
Look Superman said that Thor was one toughest fighters he ever faced yet Juggernaut made Thor look like a fool when they faced off. Juggernaut has the strength Durability and the Stamina to out last Superman there is no way for Superman to K.O Juggernaut but If Juggernaut keep hitting Superman then Superman will fall eventually. Even Wizard Magazine said he could hit with the same kind of power as Superman. Wizard doesn't hold weight. Juggs can't move fast enough to hit Supes. Nimrod rocked him and got his helmet off and dropped him, so have others, all of the times can be duplicated by Superman before he could even think.

Superman tells that to many of his foes. He said the same thing about Doomsday, about Martian Manhunter, about Diana, about Batman.

golem370
This differents is Juggernaut has his Helmet and his Skull cap now which makes it even harder to attack his head.

golem370
Of Wizard?

juggernaut66666
Of Wizard?
yes

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Juntai
Wizard doesn't hold weight. Juggs can't move fast enough to hit Supes. Nimrod rocked him and got his helmet off and dropped him, so have others, all of the times can be duplicated by Superman before he could even think.
Those others used telepathy or some other kind of disorienting ability to attack Juggernaut mentally.

golem370
It's Febuary 1999 Cover 1 of 2

golem370
It has Wolverine on it

Tshern
Forcefield?

juggernaut66666
It's Febuary 1999 Cover 1 of 2
do you have it?

golem370
Yep

juggernaut66666
Yep
on computer ?

brainchild81
If battlefield removal is an option, Supes wins. If not, Supes gets his candy @$$ beaten to deathHappy Dance

Hack Benjamin
It has Wolverine on it
Well considering it's Wizard, that's like saying it's any issue. laughing

But I think Juggarnaut would lose anyway, Superman is smarter, Juggarnaut might be able to physiqualy abuse Supes, but Supes has speed, ice-breath, x-ray vision, microscopic eyesight, super-hearing, flight, and laser eye beams, he has so many options that he could probably think of some way to stop the unstopable..

golem370
nope here is a pic of the cover. I don't have a scanner but you can buy it on Ebay for $6.00 laughing

outarddwarf
Stalemate. Juggernaut cant catch supes superior speed while supes cant hurt juggy. stalemate

Juntai
If Nimrod and others could get Juggs helmet off, Supes certainly could.

And he could easily defeat him after that.

And juggs still can't hit Supes.

It leans one way really, regardless of length it takes him to win, Supes will win this.

golem370
peed, ice-breath, x-ray vision, microscopic eyesight, super-hearing, flight, and laser eye beams are bs considering Juggernaut took God Force a lighting strike and said it tickled There is no way for Superman to hurt him and his Force Field protects him from being thrown in to space.

"The Juggernaut could withstand high powered energy blasts, falls from great heights, exposure to temperatures greater than that of the surface of the Sun, exposure to vacuum environments"

golem370
Superman has not a chance in hell

golem370
Superman could beat Nimrod ether Nimrod is more advanced then Superman has more weapons and is smarter then Superman.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Juntai
If Nimrod and others could get Juggs helmet off, Supes certainly could.

And he could easily defeat him after that.

And juggs still can't hit Supes.

It leans one way really, regardless of length it takes him to win, Supes will win this.
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin and what happens after superman takes off juggernauts helmet attack him telepaticly wait superman can't

golem370
At best Superman could stalemate Juggernaut and the worst thing he could do is try and stand toe to toe with Juggernaut because would ware Superman out eventually. Juggernaut has never shown his full strength but he has gone up against two of Marvels strongest in Savage Hulk & Thor and had good showings against them specially Thor.

golem370
Plus he has a Skull Cape. Paraphernalia: The Juggernaut wears a helmet fashioned from an unknown mystical metal found in the dimension of Cyttorak. Wearing this helmet, the Juggernaut is able to resist all forms of psionic attack on his mind successfully. Recently, the Juggernaut constructed a skullcap from scraps of the metal he used to construct the helmet. He wears the skullcap under, his helmet. Hence, if his helmet is somehow removed in battle, the skullcap will provide him continued protection from psionic attacks on his mind

Juntai
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
big grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grinbig grin and what happens after superman takes off juggernauts helmet attack him telepaticly wait superman can't Superman could yell or whistle, both would create enough sonics to drop him, just as has been done before.

Juntai
Superman could beat Nimrod ether Nimrod is more advanced then Superman has more weapons and is smarter then Superman. Nimrod isn't on Superman's level either. He ran from a couple X Men and Juggs. lol. Superman could have defeated that whole team most likely.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>