Randy Stradley has gone mad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
Exerpt from: http://www.darkhorse.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8732&sid=048529acbc9ac42a8083777ac12d2221
Page 7

Hey, somebody show me where it says that Anakin was supposed to have "destroyed the Sith." Last I heard the prophecy was that he was to "restore balance to the Force" -- though there's never been a clear explanation of just exactly what that means. If somebody knows where it has all been spelled out, please point me in that direction.

'Cuz, until somebody shows me where it says I shouldn't, I'm just gonna keep on pushing John and Jan to undo everything that Luke, Han, Leia, and Anakin ever did in their lives -- just the same way we did in Republic, Empire, and the rest of the Star Wars comics we've done.

Someone needs to shoot this man.

Seriously, I picture a morbidly obese, unshaven comic book writer sitting behind their computer as they type that in a darkened room, rubbing dorito-encrusted fingers together and laughing heartily before screaming "POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!"

Damn publishers are on a power trip.

Captain REX
That man needs to be violently assassinated.

Faunus
"Violently'' doesn't quite cover it. . .

Captain REX
Good point.

Ushgarak
(shrugs)

It is an EU problem. People put their egos ahead of attention to detail of the material.

Revolver Ocelot
Oh God. Check the last pages, they're thinking about retconning everything involving Ulic Qel Droma just so that they can revive the Sith.

Damn, he's like the main character of TOTJ.

Tarvos
I don't really understand the post or its incompetance.

Wesker
WTF is going on with the EU universe?

SnakeEyes
Big GL needs to lay a smackdown on his ass!

Captain REX
This is pretty major, so he just might have to.

DarthBanevv
What the hell is he talking about. Several times in just RotS alone, they discuss Anakin killing the Sith. Examples : "It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them." "Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the force? So the prophecy says." And I have a question was this already approved by GL?

((The_Anomaly))
Wow, EU is getting outta hand. Lucas needs to stop this shit. Seriously. I can handle the absurd abilities of the EU characters, to a point. And I can handle some of the stupid EU story lines. But this is completely ridiculous. Lucas does need to step in and stop this, seriously. I mean, as previous posters have said, Anakin destroying the Sith has/ was/ is mentioned in the PT movies, numerous times, especially ROTS. For him to do this means he is attempting to undermine Lucas, Lucas needs to WTFpWn this man....fast.

Fox5
This man is a ****ing moron!The crap those EU 'authors' pass off as SW is basically shit in paper form.The only good things that came out of SW EU are:
Before TPM EU
Clone Wars EU
Crimson Empire Comic Book Series
X-Wing books

Those were atleast Believable!

jedi2187
Double thumbs-up on the X-Wing books, Fox5. Throw in the 'Thrawn Trilogy' for good readin' also.

Ushgarak
The thing is, GL really doesn't care THAT much, because he just sees it all as alternate universe.

All the writer has to do, though, is come up with a good plot as to how the Sith become re-founded. Pretending that it was never intended for them to be wiped out in the firat place is just obviously going to wind up the hardcore fans, as demonstrated here.

Rayvann
EU=Money

Money beats plot accuracy 100% of the time.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by Rayvann
EU=Money

Money beats plot accuracy 100% of the time. Yup.

Fox5
Originally posted by jedi2187
Double thumbs-up on the X-Wing books, Fox5. Throw in the 'Thrawn Trilogy' for good readin' also. Of course!Damnit!How could I forget the best EU books ever?! sad

Nactous
Lucas doesnt care anymore, its all about profit. Thats why the prequels were that bad, it was all for profit. Its like the mans heart just wasnt in it.

Nactous

Nactous

Revolver Ocelot
Yeah, I know DJIII. He visits the GameFAQs forums.

Nactous
This is it guys, the death of orignality. I thought I had only seen it in movies, but this Legacy sounds like its got the basis of the Saga. Now KotOR, thats orignial. big grin

Captain REX
Kudos to that Dark Joker fellow!

If I had the urge to post on that thread, I'd mention the notable times in Episode III where they say 'destroy the Sith = balance!' and the times George has said it.

Wesker
Kudos to Dark Joker for standing up against idiocy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.