Hawkman w/ the Claw of Horus vs. King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Any ideas? If any of you are wondering, the Claw of Horus is a gauntlet that I've seen Hawkman wear that draws its power from the core of the Earth. So basically it's like getting hit with the whole Earth but in a concentrated form.

Darth Kal-El
If Hawkman gets in range, he wins. but if they start far from each other, one blast of the Mjolnir and Hawkman is down

chilled monkey
Originally posted by batdude123
Any ideas? If any of you are wondering, the Claw of Horus is a gauntlet that I've seen Hawkman wear that draws its power from the core of the Earth. So basically it's like getting hit with the whole Earth but in a concentrated form.

Didn't he nail Superman with it one time?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Didn't he nail Superman with it one time?

Yes, and knocked him out. However, Superman was holding onto him flying him into the upper atmosphere and that's why he was able to hit him with it.

batdude123
^ Yeah, Clark wasn't even looking and basically Hawkman blindsided him, but he still knocked him out pretty good. What'd you guys think of the retarded stunt that Shazam pulled on Batman during that fight as well?

GalacticStorm
Oh please. If Supes took a hit and was just knocked out then King Thor takes this. From the get go he just incinerates HawkMan with OdinPower

leonidas
horus himself wasn't even skyfather level . . .

no chance here.

Validus
Claw of Horus can do more than punch things. Ask Ominar Synn.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Validus
Claw of Horus can do more than punch things. Ask Ominar Synn.

But has Hawkman ever used it to do more than punch things? What has he done with it to show us he'd be a good match for King Thor?

Validus
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But has Hawkman ever used it to do more than punch things? What has he done with it to show us he'd be a good match for King Thor?
The ONLY time he's used it to punch something was the Superman fight. That's not at all a typical use for the weapon. It's made of Nth metal which somehow allows control of the fundamental forces, solar energy blasts, flight, etc.

I'm not even saying he'd win this. I'm just saying the Claw does more than punch really hard.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Validus
The ONLY time he's used it to punch something was the Superman fight. That's not at all a typical use for the weapon. It's made of Nth metal which somehow allows control of the fundamental forces, solar energy blasts, flight, etc.

I'm not even saying he'd win this. I'm just saying the Claw does more than punch really hard.

But all of that is irrelevant if Hawkman hasnt been shown to be able to use it for anything other than fisticuffs. stick out tongue

Validus
He and Hawkgirl also used it to tear apart Synn's body. No punching involved, just the power of love. love

Juntai
Ohh, and Syn's a god.
O.o

UniOmni
I don't keep track of the JSA. Didn't they try to manifest the relationship of Jon Stewart and Shayera in comic continuity??

I liked that couple in the JLA show at least......

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
I don't keep track of the JSA. Didn't they try to manifest the relationship of Jon Stewart and Shayera in comic continuity??

I liked that couple in the JLA show at least...... Uhh, Hawkman and Hawkgirl are a couple in the comics.

UniOmni
Thats as generic as Storm and Black Panther. Try harder!!

marvelprince
Anyone have any scans of Hawkman doing anything else but punching Supes. That was the only time I heard about or seen it in the books.

Regardless of that though I'm pretty sure King Thor would own him. God blast anyone? I ight change my stance from own to just defeat if i see more of what this claw can do

Juntai
Originally posted by UniOmni
Thats as generic as Storm and Black Panther. Try harder!! . .What do you mean? It's their destiny. They live over and over, reincarnated, and each time, they fall in love, eventually die, and repeat the process.

Validus
Their constant cycle of reincarnation was once credited to Nth metal as well. big grin

Marcus4600
A claw that draws power from the center of the earth against a hammer that's powerful enough to destroy worlds easily. I'm gonna go with King Thor on this one.

spetznaz
The only way I can see Hawkman winning this is if k.Thor lets him come close and slug him (aka PIS).

King Thor wins this 10/10.

Deathstroke
just out of curiosity, how strong is hawkman? i always figured he was around peak human, but i don't know

grey fox
King Thor uses Strip-The-Flesh-From-Your-Bones-Vision on hawkman from a decent distance. Hawkman is now chicken wings .

Juntai
King Thor wins this relatively easily imo. All he has to do is not let Hawkman get close and/or hit him, and he's easily too powerful for him.

Juntai
Originally posted by Deathstroke
just out of curiosity, how strong is hawkman? i always figured he was around peak human, but i don't know I don't own many Hawkman comics, but I'm sure I've seen him lift and toss tanks and stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.